Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2023, 12:07   #196
BHPian

Re: Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View

I gave my 2017 FZ25 for regular service today. The bike has been sparingly used and has run 10,100Kms. The list of repairs to be done in the service:
1. Replace rear and front brake pads
2. Replace front suspension oil seal (started leaking recently)
3. Oil, oil filter, spark plug replacement
The total bill quoted is Rs.8000+ including labour.

High beam light is also gone, but the SA mentioned that the entire unit would have to be replaced and is costly.
Does anyone know if an independent garage can fix the high beam alone?
nma83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2023, 17:36   #197

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
I gave my 2017 FZ25 for regular service today. The bike has been sparingly used and has run 10,100Kms. The list of repairs to be done in the service:
1. Replace rear and front brake pads
2. Replace front suspension oil seal (started leaking recently)
3. Oil, oil filter, spark plug replacement
The total bill quoted is Rs.8000+ including labour.

High beam light is also gone, but the SA mentioned that the entire unit would have to be replaced and is costly.
Nothing you can do about the headlight. Its not a bulb but a led light strip iirc. Its a full replacement. I think it was around 2.5-3k for a replacement headlight assembly.

However, given how useless the high beam on the original headlight is, I'd recommend changing the whole thing to a simple circular unit, or getting some aux fog lamps. Would work a lot better.
deltaone is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2023, 07:47   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
What your SA mentioned is true I believe, as the whole headlight assembly is a sealed single unit. I was told the same thing by my SA as well recently, and had to get the whole assembly replaced as the headlight glass got badly cracked due to a hit. I still don't know how that happened, somebody either hit it with something or banged into it while taking their bike out from the parking lot. Total damage to the pocket was ₹4k including the labour charges at the ASC.
ram.iyer95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 00:42   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Turns 6 with 9,500 km on the odo.

Just 9,500 km in 6 years is a complete injustice to this bike.
The good part is, it still brings a smile to my face whenever I ride this bike.
The strong low-end and the midrange is addictive. This bike turned out to be reliable.

Then there are some short coming too.

Eg, due to the soft front suspension, the cornering ability is compromised, the headlight illumination for night rides are pathetic, and the lack of the 6th gear and the poor top end is evident on the highway runs.

Despite of all these negatives, I still love this bike and there are no plans to upgrade. My limited usage simply do not justify upgrading this bike. Else I would have definitely upgraded to a twin cylinder by this time!

Sharing few recent clicks-

Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View-img_5337.jpg

Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View-img_5615.jpg

Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View-img_6892.jpg

Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View-img_7151.jpg
Samba is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th December 2023, 10:04   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
the headlight illumination for night rides are pathetic,
The headlight is much better in the BS6 version which I currently own and also has much better fuel efficiency. BS4 version which I owned had poor headlight and lower fuel efficiency.
Fastdriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2023, 10:30   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
I don't own one, but I had the opportunity to take a bs4 FZ25 on a 500 kms round trip to the hills. It easily climbed up the steep inclines of Kodaikanal with pillion, in 3rd gear That's some crazy low end it's got. Despite ripping it, it gave 41 kmpl average FE for the entire trip!

In my opinion, the best thing about FZ25 is speed recovery. It's very quick to reach 90-100. Even when you slow down to a halt, the strong low end, midrange and short gearing helps to recover speeds quickly. It's one of those rare bikes on which you can consistently maintain 80-90 kph average speed whether it's hills or plains, highways or 2 lane roads, solo or with pillion.

As for cons that I felt - it's not the most confidence inspiring in corners, engine is not revv happy like say the RTR200 or Pulsar 250, engine kept stalling despite being fuel injected, pillion comfort isn't great and due to short gearing, the need for an overdrive 6th gear is always felt. Basic looking instrument console and poor headlamp are a let down compared to what the Apache and Pulsar (250) offer. And looks of the bs4 version is very similar to FZ150 v3, people barely recognise it as the bigger sibling.

Overall, FZ25 is one of the best all rounder bikes available. It's a shame that Yamaha never bothered to promote it or market it properly.
RD410 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th February 2024, 01:43   #202

Hi Bhpians!

I am currently using a 2017 FZ25 given to me by a relative's friend who has moved aboard for work. I will be writing about my thoughts and the condition of the bike later in a detailed post. The bike has clocked over 30k kms till date and is currently running on a set Michelins'. The tyres have worn out and the rear usually locks up on sudden or panic braking as this is the First Gen Non Abs model. Could anyone suggest a good set of rubbers? I am a sedate rider but do spirited rides once a while. I ride the bike to my work place and back on weekends which is around 42 kms both ways, from which 28 kms is on the highway. I keep in check that I don't go overboard with the speed due to the rear locking issue. Please feel free to suggest any tyre that you know of which could be the best fit. My requirements are durability and handling. I would lean more over to the tyres which are value for money but I would also love to know more about the serious ones like the Pirellis' and Metzellers' as I may plan on getting them later. Thanks!!
Justus12 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks