Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2018, 09:34   #91
BHPian

Re: Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View

Any machine you accumulate definitely gets a glimpse of the mighty Himalayas , waiting eagerly for that day to arrive on this machine. Ofcourse with a more extensive cornering feedback/review at the ghats of Himalaya.
Wish you many more happiness with your mile cruncher. Ride safe and keep sharing your experiences.
ARAY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 20:00   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK Rider View Post
Good thing that you are using the chain lube more frequently.
I think the rusting happened due to less frequent lube application only. However it's best to keep the chain lubed after any rain ride.
One more point I use TVS chain lube which costs around 380-400 from wellington which I felt is better than motul in terms of lube and sustainability and also anti rust property.
Will share my chain picture and lube bottle picture once I get to capture them.
I have bought Motul Chain cleaner and Chain lube together six months back. Both are almost empty now.
The owners manual says to clean the chain with soap water, then wipe it and once it's dry, spray the chain lube.
So this time i wont buy the chain cleaner any more and will just get the chain lube from TVS as suggested by you.

Lets see for how long i can go on with this chain/sprocket set without any problem. Actually am very much paranoid with the mechanical's of all my vehicles. During the second service i asked my dealer to change the chain. I was ready to pay for it, i didn't even ask for any warranty claim. He was pretty much surprised and assured me that, there wont be any problem with this little rust. I can continue with it without worrying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Did you happen to ask the driver of the truck where the G9 locomotive frame was coming from? Chances are it is headed to Chitaranjan but I thought CLW make the frame in house.
This scene is very common now a days on Nh19, specially on Sunday's. This time i have not asked the driver but few months back at Dankuni toll i asked a driver once and he told he was heading to Chittaranjan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARAY View Post
Any machine you accumulate definitely gets a glimpse of the mighty Himalayas , waiting eagerly for that day to arrive on this machine. Ofcourse with a more extensive cornering feedback/review at the ghats of Himalaya.
Wish you many more happiness with your mile cruncher. Ride safe and keep sharing your experiences.
I will love to but with the current scenario with mom and wife teaming up together against my bike rides, i doubt how much it will be possible!

Last edited by Samba : 6th July 2018 at 20:03.
Samba is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th July 2018, 13:33   #93
BHPian

Hi Samba,

Posting here an update from my bike hope you don't mind.

I got my battery replaced under warranty from Exide. Had to raise a call with Yamaha customer care,since the dealer was insisting on a non-existent document i.e. warranty card for battery. It seems FI bikes don't come with a separate warranty card for battery. Once this was sorted out, the rest of the process was very smooth,got the replacement battery within a week. Follow-up from dealer end was also very prompt since their tail was on fire from Yamaha. So two thumbs up for Yamaha on this
indivic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th August 2018, 21:59   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Bike has covered around 2,200 km and its running fuss free till now. Using the chain lube more frequently during the monsoon. Nothing more to update on the bike.

Last weekend, went out with my Dslr to click some cloudscape (a large cloud formation considered in terms of its visual effect).

Took my bike, as its always more handy on the rural roads of interior villages.

So clicked few pics of my Fz25 too.

Sharing the pics-

Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View-img_7215.jpg

Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View-img_7223.jpg

Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View-img_7224.jpg

Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View-img_7229.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 4th August 2018 at 22:00.
Samba is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 16th November 2018, 15:03   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Crossed the 3,000 km mark.

Bike is due for the 3rd service in December 1st week.

Bought Motul 7100 10w40 again for the next oil change. These Motuls are good for 2,000 km. People may use it for 4,000 km or 5,000 km but i can feel the bike's engine getting a bit rough after riding for 2,000 km. There is no drop in oil level though. The oil has retained its color instead of getting black. The stickiness can be felt when taken on the finger tip. I can do another 2,000 km with this oil but i wont.

The performance i got at high rev with Motul 7100 satisfied me a lot. So i will again go with the same oil and change it in next 2,000 km. I wont mind spending the extra bucks for the high rev performance. I use this bike for some fun rides and local rides. My riding is very low. It took me nearly a year to complete 3,000 km. So on an average my bike will need an oil change just once a year.
Motul 7100 is definitely not a vfm option for those who ride more. Its best to go for a cheaper oil and change it at every 2,000 km interval.

Heard many owners complaining about their rear brake pads going bad at as early as 3,000 km but i checked mine yesterday and it seems to be quite good.

A pic for ref-
Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View-img_9596.jpg

As of now no niggles or problems to be reported. Am getting an overall mileage of around 30 km/L with pillion.

Quite happy with the bike apart from the top end performance and the head light.

Will update once the 3rd service is done.

Last edited by Samba : 16th November 2018 at 15:28.
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 00:00   #96
Distinguished - BHPian

Fz25 completes one year today with 3,200 km on the Odometer.

What i liked-

For the 1st year the bike ran niggle free.

The highest i rode it in a day is 205 km and it was quite stress free and comfortable.

The mileage, am getting is around 30-35 km/L depending on how and where am riding.

Love the low end torque and the mid range pull. It just pulls like a diesel car! I love keeping this bike between 90-110 km/hr. It can cruise for the whole day at this speed.

Its a brilliant handler in city traffic. Its very easy to flick this bike through congested roads.

Even a newbie rider can ride this 250 cc bike with ease.

What i disliked-

The top speed is disappointing! Its good and stress free till 120 km/hr. If one push it hard, it may go another 18-22 km/hr more but that's pointless. It takes time to reach the top speed.

Poor headlights on the highway.

Birthday Gift?

1) Renewed bumper to bumper insurance from Magma HDI.
Damage to pocket - Rs 3700.

2) Got the 3rd service done.
Bought Motul 7100, 10W-40 from amazon at a discounted price of Rs 640 per liter. Apart from the oil change, changed the oil filter and routine check ups with adjusting the chain slack and cleaning + lubing the chain.
Was not satisfied by the chain lube used by the service center guys. Looks like the mechanic used some gear oil. So i again cleaned the chain and lubed it with my Motul Chain lube after returning home.
Damage to pocket - Rs 1,500.

A pic beside the Ganges-

Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View-img_9195.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 6th December 2018 at 00:08.
Samba is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th December 2018, 15:38   #97
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
The top speed is disappointing! Its good and stress free till 120 km/hr. If one push it hard, it may go another 18-22 km/hr more but that's pointless. It takes time to reach the top speed.
The downside of going for a 2V motor.

Personally I'd stick with the 2V configuration because even though a 4V shines on the highway, they absolutely suck on the hills, especially with load. And very few motorcycles haul load as well as the FZ25 does.
ashwinprakas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2018, 22:05   #98
Senior - BHPian

Am waiting for April 2019 for the safety regulations to kick in and ABS made available in FZ25. Meanwhile had a doubt which I hope existing owners like you can answer. Is the absence of a Kickstarter worrisome if the bike lies idle for sometime? Reason being my usage is very limited (300-400kms a month) and hence there are times when my bike stays unused for couple of weeks together. Have you come across such situations? How do you manage such situations if they occur?
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2018, 22:27   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Is the absence of a Kickstarter worrisome if the bike lies idle for sometime?
During my Spiti trip, my bike was kept idle for two weeks. The day i came back, it started in the first crank itself.

Now the bike & battery both are new, so when they get old it might not be the same case. Even i prefer to have a kick-starter but sadly most of the modern bikes are not having it. :(

The alternative is to push start the bike or rotate the rear wheel on center stand with the ignition on & release the clutch in 2nd gear.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2018, 01:14   #100
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Am waiting for April 2019 for the safety regulations to kick in and ABS made available in FZ25. Meanwhile had a doubt which I hope existing owners like you can answer. Is the absence of a Kickstarter worrisome if the bike lies idle for sometime? Reason being my usage is very limited (300-400kms a month) and hence there are times when my bike stays unused for couple of weeks together. Have you come across such situations? How do you manage such situations if they occur?
Hope Samba doesn't mind me adding a few thoughts.

A motorcycle battery's life is approximately 3 years, so as long as you keep things stock everything would be fine.

Since the FZ comes with an auto decompressor push starting it would be a breeze compared to the likes of a P180/P220.

Ideally the technique is to move the motorcycle forward in gear until you feel resistance that is hard to overcome, once you do push back(ignoring the starter clutch grinding) you'll hear a pressure release sound, once you do, pull-in the clutch move forward and then let go and pull the clutch back in, your motor would be fired up and ready.

The above technique is a sure shot method to fire the motor up irrespective of whether you have a decompressor or not.

I'd recommend you not try turning the wheel on the main stand as that's no place for someone's hands to be, especially with the motor running.

Push starting works best in the 1st gear simply because it's a shorter gear, the reason most guides recommend a taller gear is taking into account the compresson that you'd need to overcome otherwise, but in the technique I've mentioned you'd be releasing compression(pressure release sound) hence eliminating the need to be in a taller gear.

Since I ride a CT100B(No decompressor or Self-starter) as well that is how I start the motorcycle due to the Kickstarter being an inconvenience of sorts, most people don't even notice that I'm push starting the motorcycle, they just presume that I have a self-starter.

Cheers,
A.P.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 9th December 2018 at 01:28.
ashwinprakas is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st January 2019, 22:57   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Used the bike sparingly during the winter. Rode hardly 200 km after the last service.

As-usual riding this bike is fun.
No niggles to be reported.
Mileage has dropped to 30 km/L due to more usage in congested town traffic with pillion. Hope to hit the highway soon.

Today evening my Fz25 met his 25 years elder brother, the evergreen Rx100, while the Pulsar 220 was watching them from behind!

Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View-img_0010.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 21st January 2019 at 23:04.
Samba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2019, 18:18   #102

Hi all,
I booked FZ25 V3 ABS, Matt black a week ago. I will keep you guys posted once I receive it. The dealer says the deliveries may start by 18th Feb.

Last edited by manson : 4th February 2019 at 18:26. Reason: Typo.
roadrunner10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 20:58   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner10 View Post
Hi all,
I booked FZ25 V3 ABS, Matt black a week ago. I will keep you guys posted once I receive it. The dealer says the deliveries may start by 18th Feb.
Did you receive the bike?

In the latest FZ25 with ABS, it looks like Yamaha has silently changed the silencer pipe to a steel one with a steel finish. Earlier it was black.
A lot of customers complained of rusting on their 1st gen bikes silencer. Even i found traces of rust in my bike's silencer pipe.
If we complaint this to Yamaha, they are re-painting the silencer for free.

Image source- Google, Notice the steel finished silencer pipe in the new gen FZ25.
Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View-2019yamahafz25reasonsbuy.jpg

Last edited by Samba : 18th March 2019 at 21:06.
Samba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 12:52   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Did you receive the bike?

If we complaint this to Yamaha, they are re-painting the silencer for free.

Image source- Google, Notice the steel finished silencer pipe in the new gen FZ25.
Attachment 1860538
Hi Samba
Thanks for bringing this up. Have you by any chance got in touch with your dealer?
I'll cross check with my dealer about this and see if we can change the pipe to the new one as well as an option.
MadRasTan4986 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 19:07   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRasTan4986 View Post
Have you by any chance got in touch with your dealer?
I'll cross check with my dealer about this and see if we can change the pipe to the new one as well as an option.
I called up my dealer today. If the bike is under warranty, they will repaint the silencer in black.
For putting the new gen FZ25's silencer, we need to pay for that.

Do let us know, what your dealer says.

Last edited by Samba : 20th March 2019 at 19:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks