Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2018, 12:19   #16
BHPian

Re: Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View

Congrats for the new bike.

The throw of LED lights is very good of FZ25.

I drive FZS-FI, and nothing matches the linear delivery of power in FI engines. I use synthetic engine oil in my FZS and use Speed petrol. The result is smoothness and awesome pick up. I would definitely recommend using this combo.

This bike should get an ABS. It would have been on my wish list definitely.
rst89 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 13:00   #17
BHPian

Wow. Lovely write-up as usual covering each and every fine details. This will surely help fellow riders to get a clear idea about the bike.
Rated 5 star.
Would like to know one fact though does the bike pulls without hicups or stress below 2.5k rpm? or should i say from around 35 kmph how is the pull?
SVK Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 15:51   #18
BHPian

Dear Samba, thank you for writing such a wonderful ownership review! I am riding a Unicorn since 2005, and the my bike is still running extremely well. I had a brief stint with the Himalayan for a year, but realized that it is Japanese refinement that I crave, hence I am on the lookout for a new bike now. I had test ridden the FZ25 at a friends showroom, and was absolutely smitten by it! Your review just helps to reaffirm my belief in Japanese refinement! I hope that you continue to ride it for many more years to come and for many happy miles!
AdiSolEn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2018, 23:59   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks a ton every one. Your appreciation means a lot to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Please keep the updates coming regularly.
I will definitely update.
An honest confession- I ride quite less now a days. So it may be a bit slow. In case you have any query please feel free to ask, will reply definitely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebat View Post
I also wonder why are there two cables coming out from the accelerator.
Fz25 has two accelerator cables. It was same in my previous KarizmaR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravanekar View Post
What is your pillion riders opinion with regards to city comfort where the bike will have to ridden in lower gears often with stop and go traffic?

I've still not upgraded, your opinion would be valuable.
Comparing it with your AS200, i feel AS200 will have a better top speed but till 0-120 km/hr Fz25 will be faster.

I have ridden the bike with my wife in city traffic and highways both. The best part is - This bike can be tamed. If one wants to ride it at 25km/hr in 3rd gear, he can easily do that & accelerate slowly but when one wants to go above 100 km/hr, just twist the throttle the bike will reach the speed super fast. So if you want to ride smoothly in city traffic without making your pillion uncomfortable , its absolutely possible. This bike has dual personality, it can be a gentleman and a hooligan both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil_Alto View Post

Regarding the storage space for keeping papers, I've cut a small cardboard piece and keep the bike papers over it under the seat. I'm out of town and can't snap a picture for reference. So I've marked the space where I keep the papers using your picture, hope you won't mind.
Thanks a lot brother. This information was useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
Can you also confirm if you took the bike for the latest recall.
I will take my bike for the recall next week. Will update, once it's done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK Rider View Post
Would like to know one fact though does the bike pulls without hicups or stress below 2.5k rpm? or should i say from around 35 kmph how is the pull?
Yes below 2.5k rpm its smooth and pulls cleanly without any hiccups. In congested market areas i just chug along with the E-rickshaws even at 10-20 km/hr without any problem.

Last edited by Samba : 9th January 2018 at 00:20.
Samba is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 12:18   #20
Senior - BHPian

I was waiting for this, else I would would have called you. I definitely agree the bike looks much better in person. Saw one the day before up close without the tyre hugger. At first I thought it was some 1L bike.

Now since my previous bike was a Karizma R as well which I regret selling each and every day, what are the difference between the two. I am seriously looking to buy one and am confused between this and the Dominar. After the Karizma, Jupiter isn't really cutting the cake.
Altocumulus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 12:32   #21

Brilliant review Samba
I too own an FZ25 for close to 8 months and done ~7.5 kms.
Yesterday for some reason I thought of checking air filter, noticed a small amount of oil residing inside filter compartment not sure how and why.
Can anyone comment please?
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View-20180108_172321.jpg  

skyliner34 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 12:58   #22
BHPian

Congratulations on your new acquisition. Nice detailed review of the bike with some lovely pictures. Thanks for sharing

I just realised that we have a good number of riders in TBHP Kolkata. Arunasish, Anirban, Souvik, Partha, you and me, to name a few. We should plan out an exclusive Riders meet, say Bikers' cafe sometime soon, what say? With this weather so good, maybe a ride to AHD on NH2 will be a great idea too.
navsjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 13:58   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyliner34 View Post
Brilliant review Samba
I too own an FZ25 for close to 8 months and done ~7.5 kms.
Yesterday for some reason I thought of checking air filter, noticed a small amount of oil residing inside filter compartment not sure how and why.
Can anyone comment please?
The crankcase breather is hooked to your air box, hence if you fill a little too much oil or if you ride a bit hard then you'll end up finding some oil in your air box, provided that yours is a dry air filter if not then it could be oil used to lube the wet filter.

Just wipe away the oil from the AF box and resume riding, all is well as long as you do not notice oil fowling or depleting earlier than expected.

Cheers.
ashwinprakas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2018, 16:24   #24
BHPian

Congratulations on your all-rounder bike!

Somehow, it reminds me of the Suzuki Inazuma, very similar specs and road presence. I have not seen any in Bangalore though, do you know how much they are selling every month?

Enjoy! Ride safe
wanderlust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 10:10   #25
BHPian

First of all, congratulation for your new bike. No doubt, a very detailed review with attention to finer points is written and is topped up with marvellous pictures of the quarter-litre Yamaha etched in delectable backgrounds. Wish you many more happy miles of riding.

When it comes to bikes Yamaha always has a special place in my heart. The unbelievable Japanese quality coupled with proven reliability purports VFM aspects for every Yamaha bike. I think the new FZ25 would be no exception. The bike, IMHO, looks fabulous in black shade. It can be quite a head-turner for a well and proportionate build. Although, in terms of power output it lacks a bit than the competitors around, I think Yamaha must have punched in some other quality factors into it which may be absent in others. Lack of ABS even in this time for a 250cc bike raises my eyebrow with utter wonder! I recall the period of May, 2013 when the fanboy Ninja 300 was launched through KTM or the then Bajaj pro-biking showrooms. While all the goodies like slipper clutch, bigger fuel tank, an exquisitely dynamic, sporty look and last but not the least, a segment best high revving engine were packed in, Kawasaki absolutely missed on ABS and till date I feel my bike is way more unsafe in high speed. Along with high acceleration, safe and good brakes are the need of the time. Hope, motorbikes manufacturers are listening to our demand!

However, I envy the pricing of sub 500cc bikes manufactured in India pitted against the CKD building cost of my Ninja 300. Of course, passion has no bound with price factor. But sometimes, the sheer difference in the price and marginal difference in performance are making me rethink my decision now-a-days.

Before I sign off, I need to mention, not only Yamaha but also Kawasaki recalled the first batch of N300. And now in your case, it's just an engine bolt to be refitted with loctite where in N300 the entire ECU was changed!
Blooming Flower is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 10:20   #26
Team-BHP Support

Congratulations!

Great to see the FZ having a reading higher than 30 kmpl for the fuel economy, mine flickers between 26 and 28, appears Yamaha detuned it for me or, tuned it optimally for me

Have fun, this is one bike in which you can do it all without worrying about anything breaking off or the bike giving away. Mine isn't part of the recall, what about others?
Sheel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 13:38   #27
BHPian

A very well written, comprehensive and pictorially well detailed ownership review written there Samba Da highlighting each and every pros and cons without bias. Kudos to you and wish you many miles ahead with the new bike. I am due for a ride on the bike BTW, if you allow for so. :P

Regards,
Subhra
tacho9000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 21:33   #28
BHPian

Thanks for the detailed review. I think the definition of bike having dual personality - a gentleman with mild manners & a hooligan when provoked is very apt. Perhaps much like the RX100 in 80s.

Seems Yamaha went for cost advantage by omitting ABS for the time being. Anyway it is mandatory from April 2019 & I hope they will introduce at least 6 months ahead of deadline.
viggienomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 00:30   #29
BHPian

Congratulations Samba and welcome to the club!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Congratulations!

Great to see the FZ having a reading higher than 30 kmpl for the fuel economy, mine flickers between 26 and 28, appears Yamaha detuned it for me or, tuned it optimally for me

Have fun, this is one bike in which you can do it all without worrying about anything breaking off or the bike giving away. Mine isn't part of the recall, what about others?
Even I haven't seen figures above 32 except for the highways (38-39kmpl) and more often suspect the fuel consumption results shown on the display.

About the recall - I checked with the Yamaha website, it says my vehicle is affected, but when I called the dealership, they said only 2 vehicles in the vicinity were affected and mine wasn't one of them. Now this concerns me
337699gsd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 09:51   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 337699gsd View Post
About the recall - I checked with the Yamaha website, it says my vehicle is affected, but when I called the dealership, they said only 2 vehicles in the vicinity were affected and mine wasn't one of them. Now this concerns me
Nothing much, you just have to shoot an e-mail to Yamaha customer care and rest should be taken care of.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks