Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2020, 21:45   #136
BHPian

Re: Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View

Dear senior users of Fz25 - I recently took my bike on a longish ride and realized the windblast is quite strong over 80-90's. Did any of you try the Lluvia windshield and get good results? I'm planning to add a windshield and brush guards in an effort to make cruising more bearable.
Arjun Bharadwaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 19:12   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
From the Yamaha Fz25 WhatsApp group, I have read about the failure of front fork oil seal too. Am yet to face it. Some members have shifted to a thicker front fork oil (Motul 20W). They reported, this change has improved the handling, plus the oil seal failure has reduced. Hope your friend find this info useful.
Is this a Bangalore based Whatsapp group? How does one join this?
jaganm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 19:35   #138
BHPian

Post the lockdown, I have been riding quite a bit. There have been a number of weekend short rides around Bangalore and a couple of longer trips, one to Shivansamudra waterfalls and a 3 day trip to Chikmagalur in heavy rain.

I have been having quite a bit of trouble with the bike. My tyre has been losing pressure to the extent of 5-6 ps per day. In addition, there is a wobble on the front wheel which is quite pronounced at speeds above 60. The service centre I go to, Pacer Yamaha checked everything including the wheels, disk plate, steering cone but couldnt find any issue with them. The consensus is that it is almost definitely the tyre that has a problem and needs to be replaced.

Another issue that I have faced of late is increased vibration across the rev range and the bike struggling to pull at lower rpm. I thought it might be an issue with the clutch but they diagnosed a bent chain, at certain points, you can see it jump up towards the swingarm.

So, new tyres and a chain/sprocket set is likely to set me back by quite an amount. I'm waiting to decide if I keep the bike before I go ahead and make these changes.

I have been tempted a lot to get a different bike as my primary use is touring on the highway and this bike sucks. I've pre-booked the Highness CB350 and am waiting for ride reports and a test drive. In parallel, I'm test driving both the Dominar and Mojo BS6 bikes to see if they will suit me better.
jaganm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 00:00   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Turns 3 with 5,000 km on the odo.

The running of my bike has been low, but these 3 years has been totally fuss free. Not a single niggle.
Its serving my purpose quite well. I mainly use it for my local errands and some weekend fun rides.

On open highways, the urge to upgrade to a twin cylinder or something with a better top end do knock my mind, but again investing money on a new bike for a guy like me, who rides just 5,000 km in 3 years wont be sane. So no plans to sell it in near future.

Till 120 km/hr its fast, with good brakes and poor headlights and a soft front suspension, which begs to be modified to a stiffer one while taking corners. The stock MRF's are just good on tarmac.

Looking for a proper 250 cc bike which has a proper top end?
Look elsewhere. The missing 6th cog and the low Bhp kills the top end fun.

Looking for a fast, economical & reliable 150cc/200 cc bike?
Pay a bit more and get the Fz25, you wont regret.

Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View-img_4967.jpg
Samba is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 01:07   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations, Samba. Wish you many more happy miles to come.

Quote:
The running of my bike has been low, but these 3 years has been totally fuss free. Not a single niggle.
Couldn't agree more. My FZ25 was from one of the first batches, May 2017 to be exact, and I sold her few weeks back to pick up a Meteor. Mine had 23K on the ODO while selling, and I hadn't spent an ounce apart from regular service and fuel. Even the SVC cost never exceeded 2K. Absolutely fuss free vehicle she was. The bike was also very frugal, and delivered 36kmpl even in the worst of her days.

Quote:
+1, In my opinion, the bike is a textbook example of jack of all trades. If someone's on a tight budget, and wants to have a do it all sort of bike, then he/she simply cannot go wrong in picking the FZ25. The fun/budget and value/budget ratio are very high for this bike.

A pic of my ride. Sorry for hijacking your thread.

Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View-fz25.jpg

Cheers!

Last edited by aah78 : 6th December 2020 at 02:18. Reason: Spacing.
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 07:03   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[b]Looking for a fast, economical & reliable 150cc/200 cc bike?

Attachment 2089648
Thanks for that update Samba and good to know that the bike is serving your purpose.

How would you stack the Yamaha FZ25 against the recently launched Honda Hornet 2.0?

I have been itching to buy a bike since many years now, however haven't been able to make up my mind exactly to the same reason as yours, very low running expected.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 02:45   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
How would you stack the Yamaha FZ25 against the recently launched Honda Hornet 2.0?
Honestly, its difficult for me to answer. I have not ridden the Hornet 2.0.
Going by the specs, the lowend torque and the outright power of the FZ25 trumps the Hornet 2.0 at an extra cost of approximately 25k.

I will suggest you to take a test ride of both the bikes back to back, and then decide whether paying the extra 25k will be worth or not.

For my kind of usage, am content with the FZ25.

Last edited by Samba : 8th December 2020 at 02:55.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 19:16   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post

Adding to Samba's answer above, one of my friends owns a Hornet and its suspension is too stiff for my liking, so the ride quality is extremely bumpy. As per the reviews, the Hornet 2.0's suspension is even more stiff, so I can only imagine the ride quality. FZ25's ride quality is its forte and it's very plush. So please do a TD back to back to get a better idea.

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 16:11   #144
BHPian

Guys I bought used Fz250 (2018 Model) which has clocked 11000kms.

Gear shifts are notchy and Iam thinking to change the oil to Motul full Synthetic oil 10w50 though recommended is 10w40.
But I got some cans of Eiffel oil 15w50 which can be used on Bullet.
Just wondering is it okay to switch to 15w50?
Or
Will switching to Motul10w50 smoothen gear shifting??

Or any tips guys?
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View-img20201215wa0005.jpg  

Rama Naveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 19:07   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama Naveen View Post

Gear shifts are notchy and Iam thinking to change the oil to Motul full Synthetic oil 10w50 though recommended is 10w40.
But I got some cans of Eiffel oil 15w50 which can be used on Bullet.
Just wondering is it okay to switch to 15w50?
Or
Will switching to Motul10w50 smoothen gear shifting??

Or any tips guys?
Congrats for your new bike.

I will suggest you to use Motul7100, 10W40.
I used this oil and gearshift was quite smooth.

Yamaha's boosts that, their latest 'Blue core' engines have much lesser friction and these are lightweight all-aluminum DiASil Cylinder with excellent cooling capabilities. Hence, I wont suggest you to go for a thicker oil, as company specified 10W40 for this engine.

Last edited by Samba : 16th December 2020 at 19:09.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 13:21   #146
BHPian

Guys any suggestions or anyone installed ABS in non-abs fz25 2018 model please?

Alternatively best tyres which can protect us from skidding.
Did any one tryout or experiment the Alternatives?

I am aware that one should not apply full break which would eventually lock the tyre movement and cause accident but sometimes we tend to apply full pressure brakes naturally or unavoidable.
Old 1st January 2021, 18:59   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rama Naveen View Post
Guys any suggestions or anyone installed ABS in non-abs fz25 2018 model please?

Alternatively best tyres which can protect us from skidding.
Did any one tryout or experiment the Alternatives?
For installing ABS, I do not have much idea on whether it can be done or not, or if done, how reliable will it be. It's best to have a talk with your service center.

For better tyres do check - Timsun or Metzeler. This will sort your issue to a good extent.

Between some fun figures in my bike's odo!

Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View-96dbc337dc1243a9a6cdf3295d17d84f.jpeg

Last edited by Samba : 1st January 2021 at 19:12.
Samba is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2021, 22:38   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Got the 3rd year service done. Odo reads 5100 km.

Works done-

It was taking longer than usual to crank, so replaced the battery with a new one. The cranking volt was low when checked by a multi-meter. Opted for Amaron this time.
Damage to pocket - 1600.

Engine oil changed. Poured 1.55L Liquimoly 10W40.
Just to experiment bought the Liquimoly Shooter one shot solution box.
It contains an engine flush, an additive to mix with the fuel to clean the injectors and an addictive to be mixed with the engine oil.

This whole affair including the oil was pretty costly. It set me back by 2600 bucks. Spending this sum on a bike which ran only 5,000 km in 3 years is a waste of money, but at the end it was just a heart over brain decision for experimenting.
I have used Motul7100, YamahaLube, and now went for Liquimoly.

Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View-img_5702.jpg

Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View-img_5704.jpg

Oil filter - Replaced.

Air filter- Replaced

Thorough washing and cleaning of the chain and it has been lubed.

Bike washed and polished.

Total damage to pocket - Rs 5,400.

First impression is good. Bike is running very smooth. Too early to comment more on the performance of the oil. Need a good highway run to understand whether there is actually any difference or it's just a placebo effect! Infact after any good service a machine feels smoother! So need some time to actually understand whether the money spent on Liquimoly kit was worth or not.

A mandatory pic after the service-

Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View-img_5707.jpg
Samba is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 08:43   #149
BHPian

Hi Samba to be honest I did not feel much difference with Motul 7100.
Since this was my second hand bike which clocked 11000km I decided to get few things changed.
Replaced 1) Spark plug
2) Clutch Cable
3) Accelerator cable
4) Handle Bar raiser
5) Fork Raiser
6) Yamalube 10w40
7) Yamaha Fuel injector cleaner
Point to be noted after changing 2 and 3 , I see bike has come back to life and its become very torqy and Iam loving it.

Next something Significant I have observed with fuel change. I was on highway and filled the tank with premium power petrol.
I noticed bump in mileage. It already clocked 250km in half tank. I will keep you posted.
Please do share how does Liqui feels compared to motul and yamaha.

I may next try Shell Advance full synthetic 10w40 as I have seen great feedback in Amazon but yamaha lube is not that bad too but just need to stick to 3000kms range.

Any thoughts on slipper clutch installing on fz25?
Attached Thumbnails
Yamaha FZ25 : An Owner's Point of View-20210120_122439.jpg  

Old 30th May 2021, 21:41   #150
BHPian

Quote:

Its serving my purpose quite well. I mainly use it for my local errands and some weekend fun rides.

On open highways, the urge to upgrade to a twin cylinder or something with a better top end do knock my mind, but again investing money on a new bike for a guy like me, who rides just 5,000 km in 3 years wont be sane. So no plans to sell it in near future.

Till 120 km/hr its fast, with good brakes and poor headlights and a soft front suspension, which begs to be modified to a stiffer one while taking corners. The stock MRF's are just good on tarmac.

Looking for a proper 250 cc bike which has a proper top end?
Look elsewhere. The missing 6th cog and the low Bhp kills the top end fun.

Attachment 2089648
Yes, this bike is not suited for highway, loses steam after 115 kmph accompanied by vibration. Only good for city riding.
Fastdriver is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks