Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2019, 02:12   #256
BHPian

Re: Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumi_21 View Post

Have you fitted a crashguard yet? ...

... golden coloured forks, the matte black/grey side panels, and the blacked out headlight frame..
I am on my second crashguard now after I sold the Zana one I had. The Zana one vibrates a lot and is now a complaint from every owner. Zana did reply back saying it requires near perfect fitting and that they have added an extra rubber washer to quell vibrations. I did get my Zana guard fitted at the Bangalore Silicon Honda service centre, but mine was the first one they had done, and they went along with a 2min fitting video provided by Zana. Still the vibration were around 4k rpms+ which is very irritating in the city and defeats cruising on a highway. Plus I dare say I could feel it's weight on track.

I am now running the much simpler retrocross sliders at 4k /-, thought they cover only till like 3/4th of the footpeg, so I make sure to wear at least shoes when I ride. The dealer recommends the SW Motech ones as they are protrusive enough to protect the foot and are not connecting the engine bolt to the footpegs(A crime committed by the HepcoBecker and Zana), although it is still fairly expensive at 12k and is more of an adventure bar than a slider.

Yup the gold forks and the grey shrouds look really cool, fingers crossed for the blue one. Not really a fan of they grey headlight cover.

I am still shaking down some remaining mods, most accessory stores are just beginning to learn of the CB300R. Looking for a number plate transplant to the front wheel fender and using the cleared up space for a scrambler-y windshield(Sourced from the Leoncino 500). My 15t Front sprocket is also on the way. Will update with pics later.
NoSugarNoSpice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 07:47   #257
Senior - BHPian

Ah, finally Honda wakes up to India and moves beyond their toy offerings. As per my source the engine will be 300 CC, and the design is an adaptation of Rebel - (and why not). This market is huge and it is about time they tapped into it. But is the market shifting? Big boy Harley and Indian are on the electric platform - should be an interesting watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSugarNoSpice View Post
Psst, word on the grapevine is that Honda is prepping a custom India specific cruiser for taking the fight to Royal Enfield. It would a much more relaxed bike with a 300-500cc engine
Old 18th November 2019, 22:48   #258
BANNED

Quote:
Perhaps it would be easy to jump to conclusions after my reports through 4500 kms of running.
It is quite possible, and rather than a typed review what really gets peoples engines revving are lackluster YouTube videos, they simply take the cake when it comes to making bold claims.

There was in fact a Podcast relating to advises off the internet, really does send potential enthusiasts down the rabbit hole.

Quote:
The new lightweight frame is holding up well despite me almost abusing it with wheelies.(I try to be gentler each time). The CB300R's high will last a lot longer than 30k Kms. After all it is a Honda which is the only manufacturer to get a double entry on that Top ten list.
Again, lets get there before we overshoot our expectations.

Brand loyalty is something complex, I prefer Bajaj's cause I have clocked miles on mine and currently have the opportunity to own a used specimen that had clocked 200k's before going in for a rebuild. In short I have my own experience to validate my claims if any.

And it wouldn't be fair to compare that with potential hopes and dreams as it tends to confuse quite a few.

Once again not saying that your 300 would not clock 30k, cause for all both you and I know it might clock 300k without breaking a sweat, but that claim would hold water only after the fact.

Quote:
I trust more complicated self diagnosing closed loop systems simply because Machines don't lie.
A little OT, This is something that is still debatable, I say so cause its barely been a week before I got educated by a fellow enthusiast that even closed loop systems only run a perfectly closed loop at idle and elsewhere it more or less runs a static map with minor compensations.

Call me surprised.

But yes, the diagnostic features on offer is really commendable, provided they work as intended.

Regards,
A.P.

Last edited by ashwinprakas : 18th November 2019 at 22:50.
Old 25th November 2019, 07:03   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I met one other BHP-ian in the CB300R track day event which I have detailed.
Thanks Gautham, it was nice meeting another bhpian at the track day.

Here is my ride..
Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L-img_2662.jpg

Cheers,
Deepak
starter is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2019, 13:16   #260
BHPian

Does anyone have any details about the 2020 CB300R being launched in India? The blue color does look gorgeous!
Old 24th December 2019, 16:55   #261
BHPian

Just spoke to Pashankar Auto at Pune who are dealers of Honda CB300R.

They said vehicles are available immediately, OTR price Rs. 2.83L

Exchange with other Honda bikes such as CBR 250R can be done

Again immediately

Come with old bike and its papers, walk away with CB300R

I thought there was a waiting period of 2-3 months, looks like auto slowdown or increased manufacture of bikes has led to Zero wait times
Old 26th December 2019, 13:34   #262
BHPian

Honda CB 300R owners need your advice:

The Pune dealer Pashankar has quoted 2.78 L ORT as his best price (from a non discounted price of 2.83 L) for a red CB 300R. Do you think I can negotiate further given that it is year end and he would want to be rid of his 2019 bikes?

Took a ride yesterday and given that the last 2 bikes I have ridden are the Honda CBR 250R (which I own) and a Dom 400, the lightness and agility of the CB 300R is amazing. I was able to fling the bike around in a way that I would hesitate to on either of these other bikes.

The seat height was marginally more at 800 mm but since the seating is narrow, you don't feel the height. I think I was able to keep my foot on the ground the same extent as the CBR 250. The bike was set on the lowest preload so if I increased the stiffness then my ability to flat foot could change.

There is quite a bit of low end torque available unlike the CBR 250 and I can imagine I could do a wheelie if I was of a mind to (I am not).

The dealer had mentioned he was open to exchanging my current CBR 250 but he recanted on that yesterday for reasons unknown. On pushing him he said he would ask his 'exchange guy' to talk to me. Lets see how that plays.
bevivek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2020, 12:49   #263
BHPian

Booked my Honda CB300R Chromosphere Red (Chromosphere !!!) from Pashankar Auto yesterday

OTR price Rs. 2.77 L

Minor freebie: Paint protection film

Bike is in stock yard, November 2019 manufacture.

Maharashtra RTO new rules are that the license plate will be created by them and sent to us which will add a week to ten days time to delivery. So should get the bike around the 13th - 15th period in my estimation.
bevivek is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 12:29   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevivek View Post
Booked my Honda CB300R Chromosphere Red (Chromosphere !!!) from Pashankar Auto yesterday

OTR price Rs. 2.77 L

Minor freebie: Paint protection film

Bike is in stock yard, November 2019 manufacture.

Maharashtra RTO new rules are that the license plate will be created by them and sent to us which will add a week to ten days time to delivery. So should get the bike around the 13th - 15th period in my estimation.
Congrats on your booking. So finally you got 6K discount + paint protection.

I am also looking for some offer and in discussion with dealer here in Chennai. Yes this bike is available here (both in Chennai and Coimbatore) for immediate delivery. Hoping for some good deal as we are approaching closure of BS4 (end of March). It seems 5K offer is available from dealers. Here is an advertisement in a Coimbatore mall.

Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L-cb300r-offer.jpg
vijayk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2020, 14:11   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
So finally you got 6K discount + paint protection.

I am also looking for some offer and in discussion with dealer here in Chennai. Yes this bike is available here (both in Chennai and Coimbatore) for immediate delivery. Hoping for some good deal as we are approaching closure of BS4 (end of March). It seems 5K offer is available from dealers. Here is an advertisement in a Coimbatore mall.
[/ATTACH]
Interesting that there was an open offer. Pashankar Auto had no such thing but came back with this discounted offer only when they felt that I might otherwise lose interest.

5-6K on a 2.8 lac bike is not a lot when we are headed into another year and discounts generally rain. But Honda have always been frugal with discounts. When I was in the market for a Honda CBR 250R more or less same time last year, the maximum one of the dealers would give was 3K from 2.41 to 2.38L.

Anyway all the best, hope you manage to squeeze some more discount.

My bike has reached the Pashankar Auto showroom and the sales person has sent me some snaps. Bike looks good !
Old 9th January 2020, 15:06   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Will update with pics later.
Waiting waiting waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by starter View Post
Here is my ride.
Hi Deepak, you have already installed an Akrapovic exhaust?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevivek View Post
My bike has reached the Pashankar Auto showroom and the sales person has sent me some snaps. Bike looks good !
Congrats buddy! Please don't deprive us of the pics

So now we have 3 BHP-ian's owning CB300R's and ZERO ownership reviews. No Fair!!
Shumi_21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2020, 15:25   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Waiting waiting waiting...

Congrats buddy! Please don't deprive us of the pics

So now we have 3 BHP-ian's owning CB300R's and ZERO ownership reviews. No Fair!!
Thanks Shumi_21.

Still waiting to get the bike ! The registration number plates will be made by the RTO and due to an RTO strike while I have received the registration number over SMS, the plates have not yet been created

Post on path leading up to ownership coming soon and ownership report after that. All good things for those who wait

Last edited by bevivek : 9th January 2020 at 15:31. Reason: Grammar
Old 9th January 2020, 16:15   #268
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Deepak, you have already installed an Akrapovic exhaust?!
Hey Shumi,
Yup, i have an Akra installed.
My brother sent it over from RevZilla.
I had it installed at my dealer in Bangalore.
Cheers,
Deepak
starter is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2020, 23:53   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Waiting waiting waiting

:
I found a new low of motorcycle ownership in the pavement and roadsides, as I lost control of my bike on the road-dirt border on the outside of a left hand turn mainly due to carrying too much speed. I was in full gear and that saved my ass, well most of it. My knees got abrasions due to the knee guards getting displaced. Everything pointy on the left side of the bike has been obliterated.

<<Sensitive people may avert they eyes>>
Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L-p_20200111_225816.jpg
The gear did it job, well almost. I was wearing the knee guards a little looser for comfort. Poorbiker gloves tore quickly.

Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L-p_20191210_105902.jpg
Fender with deep scratches.

Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L-p_20191210_105850.jpg
The handler bar slammed into the tank and controls ripped the tank recesses. Tanks edges struck the raised part of the road as the wheels slid on the dirt. That is a steel bar end shaved away by tarmac.

Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L-p_20191210_105858.jpg
Handlebar and innards twisted pretty badly. The short levers are fine and I was able to limp home. Luckily no radiator damage.

Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L-p_20191210_105914.jpg
Slider scratched away and the stalk is also bent. Gear lever is bent.

Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L-p_20191210_105922.jpg
Pillion footpegs, 3 of the 4indicators and the license plate holder are hit.

Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L-p_20191210_175358.jpg
The final sting that hurt a lot

All this with a helping of the ubiquitous 'I told you so's'.

Last edited by NoSugarNoSpice : 11th January 2020 at 23:55. Reason: minor details
NoSugarNoSpice is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th January 2020, 00:46   #270
BHPian

Since the crash, I have been staying off the track, saving up for a suit and better gear. Meanwhile I tripped to Gokarna and had a blast on the CB. An air seat is all it takes to make it tour friendly. The 15T sprocket would have helped but it is possibly lost in transit. As always the bike grabs eyeballs wherever you go.

We took the usual Tumkur, Haveri Sirsi route and had a few stops along the way. The road was a bit boring and after Chitradurga was under extensive rework. On the return trip we went till Kundapura but changed plans and turned off for Agumbe to Hiriyur, which led us through the almost freshly laid NH169, which is the perfect twisty backroads for a this bike. Only take it if you can cover it in daylight. There are no lights, dividers, markers so no-go at night, with minor patches under construction. It is pure black tarmac passing by woodlands and lakes with a nice super twisty section before agumbe view point.

Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L-img_20200105_164538.jpg
Enjoying the view after the Agumbe ascent

Life around 120 kph on the cb300r feels stressed. The undulations on the road swing you up and down. Wind blast and the noise hurts even more. The bike is geared short and with the peak power coming in early at 8000 rpm on the subcontinent spec, there is pretty little to give after 135 kph. The flat retro surfaces might look cool but are about as aerodynamic as a brick. The pegs are buzzing and you can maybe feel a tingle in the handlebars. If you squeeze the tank you can definitely feel vibrations.

I tried chasing a random RC390 screaming past me but he was gone by the time I hit 140. The bike behaves well at these speeds. Fuel efficiency goes for a toss and non-reserve tank range drops to 230 - 260 kms.

Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L-p_20200106_105649.jpg
37kpl indicated, although it felt more like 33-34 kpl.
Not great Not terrible.

Highbeam is ok for straight line driving @80kph and <40kph pothole evasion in pitch dark. Aux lights would make life a lot easier though. The exhaust is perhaps a little too silent at night, just like those spooky Innovas that love tailgating you while blinding you with their headlight twitches.

Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L-p_20200105_214935.jpg
CB with friends. While it looks sexy, it also looks pretty diminutive aside these bikes. If size is a consideration for you, I recommend getting the puig wing screen and the zana tail rack. The bike looks yuuuuuge with just those 2 mods.

Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L-p_20200105_215004.jpg
DAAAMN, Comes ready for the 'gram, this one.

With ~6300 kms on the odo I got my second service, which cost me 1895/-.
The service wasn't that big as it is mostly an oil change plus other inspections and cleaning. The next service at 12k should be a bigger one.

Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L-img_20200105_215157.jpg
Until next time
NoSugarNoSpice is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks