Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2019, 17:59   #241
BHPian

Re: Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L

This will be the perfect bike for my like and use. How many owners are here? Any one clocked more kms and done 2 or more services so far? I am expecting the feedback from those clocked more kms. Any issues faced by any of us?

I am planning to book soon. But is it the right time to book at the year end? Should I wait for next 2020 model (I hope it will be available only by Mar'20). Is there any advantage to wait for 2020 model? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by vijayk : 1st November 2019 at 18:01.
Old 1st November 2019, 21:49   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSugarNoSpice View Post
d)Fender extenders both front and rear, the front tyre throws up waste which sprays straight onto the exhaust and engine block and flash vaporizes leaving behind the finest dust which is really irritating to clean. The rear is to protect the monoshock from caking in mud as it is quite difficult to reach and clean.
Could you please share the links for the fender extenders. I am looking for my CBR. Hope to at-least get the front fender extension.
Old 2nd November 2019, 14:25   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
This will be the perfect bike for my like and use. How many owners are here? Any one clocked more kms and done 2 or more services so far? I am expecting the feedback from those clocked more kms. Any issues faced by any of us?

I am planning to book soon. But is it the right time to book at the year end? Should I wait for next 2020 model (I hope it will be available only by Mar'20). Is there any advantage to wait for 2020 model? Thanks in advance.
I met one other BHP-ian in the CB300R track day event which I have detailed. It is a pretty small group right now(~110 in Bangalore). ~500 bikes in India have been delivered I think.

I have done 4k kms on mine so far, only got first service done which I have detailed. Someone in the group has taken it to Ladakh no problem and vlogged it here : He had no problems with the bike and it was pleasantly powerful in his experience.

I have faced issues with small coolant drips, which was fixed for free. The dealer now tightens those hose nuts a bit more now. This is a non isolated issue and I have seen 2 more cases in the Bangalore owners group. 2 people on worldwide fb groups have also had this.

One owner from Bangalore had his front fork seal rupture on a trip. No other cases so far.

A few people have had to increase preload by a step or two to clear some speedbreakers.

Almost everyone complains of a missing rear tyre hugger which mean pillion and bike rear side gets pretty nasty in the rains. Ali-express solved this issue.

Chain noise is a big and common issue, the only solutions is to keep your chain lubricated by lubing every 300 - 500kms , as per usage.

I use it for my daily office commute(30 kms on the horrible Old Airport Road) , monthly trips and weekend trackdays every saturday/Sunday.

More feedback wise, It is a very, very, veeeery nice bike. You will get sunburns before the engine heats your legs even in stop and go traffic. It is a very well mannered bike under 4k rpms yet it will whip your neck if you open the throttle beyond 5k rpms. Highway mileage is around 40+ @ 70-80 kph. You can go see places and the bike will make you be seen at places. It will munch miles with near zero vibes @ 90 kph. Suspension is on the stiffer side, making it almost perfect for track use. Seating is sportier and stiffer than a Dominar but nothing like a 390.

The thin plastics are questionable but the lightweight dynamics and otherwise monolithic feeling build means this is a price you'd grinningly pay on twisties. Hands down this is best suited for urban use despite it's shorter gearing making it great for track use.

Sizing wise, it might look compact, just like the original duke 390. The Styling grabs eyeballs and holds on to them in traffic stops. Brushed and faux aluminium bits outline the bike perimeter with a blacked out core and an eye popping candy red fuel tank. Chapris will get triggered by this and do stupid shit near you. Headlights stand out with a classic round shape sporting modern LEDs. The low beam is terrible but the High beam is good but worse than a Dominar's. Aux lights are recommended but you can still do night rides without too much discomfort.

Top speed is 16something-ish kph and it will pop wheelies from the go. This is a sub seven second ton bike. For a 286 cc engine, it stands head and shoulders above Indian 250-300CC brethren.

Pillion comfort is a joke and is meant for short hops unless you have size zero pillions.

The 10 litre fuel tank can induce range anxiety, but rest assured it will last 300 kms.

Experience wise, Bangalore dealer Silicon Honda is great with trained mechanics and a sales rep that keeps you happy and content, however scale is now a problem as Honda 'SuperBike' sales have increased manifold while they only have 22 dealers around India. The weekends are often booked out for short notice requests.

I think the waiting period on this bike is still 2-3 months. Seeing as there is demand there is no right time to book as Honda/Dealers won't run any offers against this. You can maybe try getting lucky with a discounted Bs4 bike in March(Maybe they will give Navi free, like they did for bs3 CBR250Rs )

The only significant change on the 2020 model is the matt blue color, greyed out parts instead of the current silver, gold forks and bronzed wheels, which will stand out as one of a kind. It is pure speculation whether Honda will bring that color in April along with BS6 changes which will also mean a heavier exhaust.

At 3L(and change) on-road Bangalore, I think it is the truest do-it-all bike if you had to have only one bike. It would be an error to buy this bike if you are looking for outright power, pillion comfort, or if Kawi Launches the Z400/ YamYam launches Mt-03 at 3-ish Lac.

Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L-dsc_6995_small.jpg
NoSugarNoSpice is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2019, 14:31   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
Could you please share the links for the fender extenders. I am looking for my CBR. Hope to at-least get the front fender extension.
You can order from any of these and their look-a-likes.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3304...chweb201603_52

I ordered Size C for front and Size D for the read and they are both too big. I think you can fit a B front if you must not have any spray on the exhaust header. Better to forget the rear.

The svc advised against this as it would required drilling the fenders and putting weak bolts. Might be a problem if you have to wade in deep water/ the extension catches mud. So I have not installed them.
NoSugarNoSpice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2019, 08:53   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I use it for my daily office commute(30 kms on the horrible Old Airport Road) , monthly trips and weekend trackdays every saturday/Sunday.

More feedback wise, It is a very, very, veeeery nice bike. You will get sunburns before the engine heats your legs even in stop and go traffic. It is a very well mannered bike under 4k rpms yet it will whip your neck if you open the throttle beyond 5k rpms.

Sizing wise, it might look compact...Chapris will get triggered by this and do stupid shit near you.

Top speed is 16something-ish kph and....

Pillion comfort is a joke and is meant for short hops unless you have size zero pillions.

At 3L(and change) on-road Bangalore, I think it is the truest do-it-all bike if you had to have only one bike. It would be an error to buy this bike if you are looking for outright power, pillion comfort, or if Kawi Launches the Z400/ YamYam launches Mt-03 at 3-ish Lac.
Awesome, awesome, real-world, India-specific, user review! So useful, to the point and addresses everything I was looking to know. Wish I could thank your post more than once! Thank you!

Last edited by am1m : 5th November 2019 at 08:55.
am1m is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 14:28   #246
BHPian

Quote:
I met one other BHP-ian in the CB300R track day event which I have detailed. It is a pretty small group right now(~110 in Bangalore). ~500 bikes in India have been delivered I think.

I have done 4k kms on mine so far, only got first service done which I have detailed. Someone in the group has taken it to Ladakh no problem and .....

Attachment 1929773
Thank you so much for your nice review and write up. You have covered more than what I was looking for. I will visit BigWing here in Chennai to check and decide.

Looking for one suggestion from your side. Do you suggest any accessory or group of accessories from Honda offering for this bike with respect to quality and cost effectiveness? I am specifically looking for Short Rear Fender (for this, I have to look for Rear Hugger outside) and Radiator cover. How good the HeadLight Mask is? Is it just for look or also for protection?
vijayk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2019, 22:49   #247
BHPian

Quote:
I will visit BigWing here in Chennai to check and decide.

Do you suggest any accessory or group of accessories ...
Aww here I was hoping I could increase my chances of seeing and admiring another Cb300R in the wild in Bangalore(I am yet to see one and it is a game in the owner's group to manhunt for pics of other Cb300Rs ). All the best.

The official accessories are very sturdy, good fit and just a smidgen lacking finish wise and tastefully complement the bike.

I think you are angling for the combo pack of rad guard + tail tidy + headlight mask for 15k which is a good deal. I would not recommend getting the other packs as they are purely aesthetic.

The rad guard should ideally be there considering Indian Roads, but so far on my H2C rad guard there is not even mud/wash sprayed on and my rad is clean so it is a bit redundant, but it is one of those cases where you never know and so better to have it.(You can also get cheaper local/aliexpress guards, seeing the minimal requirement ~3-4k ). 5.2k purchased seperately.

The tail tidy is a must on this bike, really accentuates that stubby tail and makes the bike unlike anything on the road. You will need a hugger to go with it. Kitaco one is 7.1k + hugger. Recently a few decent looking ones popped up on AliExpress for ~3k.

The headlight guard is most entirely aesthetic. If you do, you will be brushing into things with either mirrors or front wheel. It does lend a Jungli look to the bike and elongates the front more. Most aesthetic choice here. 7.2k IIRC.

So the pack saves you ~4k. Or you can get the tail tidy and rad guard from aliexpress and save more.(Note: Please check with dealer if he is willing to fit outside parts/ have a workshop you know in case dealer prefers the big margins you would otherwise give him)

If you are worried about drop protection, you can get frame sliders from intl. brands like Puig 9k or get local ones from Retrocross 4k.

It would be remiss if I also didn't remind you to check out the Interceptor 650. It brings a lot of bike for a bit more money. It's reliability record seems to be decent since it's launch. I passed on it because I wanted absolute reliability in the lightest, learner friendly sport bike with fresh styling that feels at-home in the 1980s, 2080s and in B2B traffic. The Interceptor would be a better Highway/weekend touring bike, if it's going to be an addendum to your garage and can spare a bit more down time. It's got charm with the orchestral rumble and old-style looks. But 210+ kgs and and air-cooled 650 is ill-advisable in traffic, maybe worse in Chennai.

"absolute reliability in the lightest, learner friendly sport bike with fresh styling that feels at-home in the 1980s, 2080s and in B2B traffic"
-Your friendly neighbourhood CB300R fanboy
This line is the distilled essence of the CB300R
NoSugarNoSpice is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2019, 18:28   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Aww here I was hoping I could increase my chances of seeing and admiring another Cb300R in the wild in Bangalore(I am yet to see one and it is a game in the owner's group to manhunt for pics of other Cb300Rs ). All the best.

The official accessories are very sturdy, good fit and just a smidgen lacking finish wise and tastefully complement the bike.

I think you are angling for the combo pack of rad guard + tail tidy + headlight mask for 15k which is a good deal. I would not recommend getting the other packs as they are purely aesthetic.

"absolute reliability in the lightest, learner friendly sport bike with fresh styling that feels at-home in the 1980s, 2080s and in B2B traffic"
-Your friendly neighbourhood CB300R fanboy
This line is the distilled essence of the CB300R
Again thank you so much for your lovely response and suggestions.

Yes you are right. I am looking for the Sports Kit available from Honda (Radiator Cover, Headlight Mask, Kitaco tail tidy – all for 16.6K). Could you please suggest a good rear hugger with a link? Planning to fix the accessories at the time of delivery itself. I have to discuss on this deal with Honda BigWing.

The reasons behind my plan to go for this bike:
I am a slim built, 40+, 5.4 ft and riding Hero Honda Splendor (the only bike I am having for last 18 years ). I was not at all interested to go for any new bike. But as my Splendor reaching its life line though it is still doing great and my friends (having R15, Interceptor 650 and etc) wanted me to buy one to go together some places, recently I am interested to buy a suitable one. My priorities are dual channel ABS, nimble like Splendor, less weight, slight upright sitting posture (should not hurt my lower back with a sporty like R15), decent CC to handle in both city and occasional highway trips (at ~90 to 100 max), reliable product (to keep it for long) and unique look & style. I hope I am eyeing the right bike here. Yes it is a migration from 100 CC to ~300 CC. BMW g310r is also in my list.
Old 8th November 2019, 19:01   #249
BANNED

Quote:
The reasons behind my plan to go for this bike
Just a little reality check.

It is quite normal for a motorcyclist to get the motorcycle high after purchasing a new motorcycle and make some bold claims while still within warranty mileage, the same trend can be seen if you have a look at the earlier posts from the GS310 thread.

The litmus test barely starts coming into the picture once the motorcycle is out of its warranty mileage which is roughly at about 30k km's, so be wary.

As for comparing the Splendor to the CB300R, the CB300R has eons to go before even being remotely comparable to the likes of the Splendor when it comes to reliability, after all the Honda Cub which set way to the Splendor scored #1 in a list of Greatest Motorcycles in the World compiled by Discovery Channel beating the likes of the Harley Davidson Knucklehead, Triumph Boneville, Honda CB750 and the Ducati 916.

So if its just the Honda name that attracts you then it'd be best if you look into other alternatives before finalizing.

Since long term ownership is a priority I'm presuming that like the Splendor you'd intend to keep the next motorcycle for a period of 15+ years, in which case do note that it would be a good idea to contemplate picking up a more simplistic design with lesser dependence on electricals barring the essentials like ABS etc.

Just a suggestion, always better to do your own research.

Ride Safe.

Regards,
A.P.
ashwinprakas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 00:27   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Could you please suggest a good rear hugger with a link?

The reasons behind my plan to go for this bike:
... I was not at all interested to go for any new bike ... My priorities are dual channel ABS, nimble like Splendor, less weight, slight upright sitting posture (should not hurt my lower back with a sporty like R15), decent CC to handle in both city and occasional highway trips (at ~90 to 100 max), reliable product (to keep it for long) and unique look & style.
Here spoil yourself with choice from these 4 tried and tested huggers for the cb300r.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3299...4-db550d35de1e

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3305...0-e9025ec792ee

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3284...0-e9025ec792ee

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3296...0-e9025ec792ee

Yes I think you are on the right track with your requirements for the CB300R.
The CB300R is friendly enough to welcome bikers from any segment. It is quite comfortable as a street bike, demanding a marginally sporty seating posture, munches miles and looks hip.

Psst, word on the grapevine is that Honda is prepping a custom India specific cruiser for taking the fight to Royal Enfield. It would a much more relaxed bike with a 300-500cc engine(Yes very broad range but that's all the info I heard, also it is definitely not the Rebel 300/500). Do check with the BigWing Sales rep if they have news of it(Mostly queued up post BS6). Honda takes their own time to do things right, so it wouldn't be wise to wait unless you get any more actionable info. It seems to be all new, so it might require a leap of faith, but you can't go wrong with Honda.
NoSugarNoSpice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2019, 00:54   #251
Senior - BHPian

Honda has announced Bigwing dealerships will be scaled up from 23 to 75 in the next year or two and promises to add 5 more models above 250cc to their lineup.

https://www.livemint.com/companies/n...034742115.html
Nithesh_M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2019, 14:51   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Since long term ownership is a priority I'm presuming that like the Splendor you'd intend to keep the next motorcycle for a period of 15+ years, in which case do note that it would be a good idea to contemplate picking up a more simplistic design with lesser dependence on electricals barring the essentials like ABS etc.

Just a suggestion, always better to do your own research.
You are right. Thanks for the suggestion.

If I am planning my next bike to ride within the city, what you said is correct for me. I can settle with simple 150cc max bike segment. As my plan has added occasional highway trips too, I was started looking for that category with safety and simple to use as priorities. I also understand that the cost of ownership will increase in case of maintaining a CKD bike for long time. I take this toll for my convenience.

I am not a fan of any particular brand/Honda. If a suitable bike I find with any other brand which gives a decent reliability factor to maintain long time, I am ready for it. As of now, I find CB300R suitable for my like and practical usage.

I went to WingWorld dealer – SVM Honda here in Chennai and test ride CB300R. It is good as I wanted and as per most reviews. Most of my priorities I explained above are ticked. I booked it with a token advance 5K. Bikes are ready to be delivered within a week as they stocked more for festival season last month. Now I have to decide the delivery date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Honda has announced Bigwing dealerships will be scaled up from 23 to 75 in the next year or two and promises to add 5 more models above 250cc to their lineup.

https://www.livemint.com/companies/n...034742115.html
This is inline with what GM of SVM Honda, Chennai told to me. There is an exclusive BigWing showroom & service coming up opposite to Phoenix mall at Velachery during mid of 2020. This is near to my location for service. There is a scope and discussion to open BigWings in OMR and Tambaram too as per him. Let us hope for the same.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th November 2019 at 04:48. Reason: Merging back to back posts.
Old 12th November 2019, 15:54   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Your friendly neighbourhood CB300R fanboy
Man, you have really, really increased my post-booking-waiting blues!!!

Have you fitted a crashguard yet? There's a couple of expensive ones from SW Mototech & Hepco Becker. There's also a comparatively cheap one from Zana.

Just received a couple of pictures over WhatsApp of the 2020 model. The fuel tank capacity remains at 10L. The changes are obviously the golden coloured forks, the matte black/grey side panels, and the blacked out headlight frame.

Makes a sexy motorcycle even sexier!!!

Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L-65884390_384837252157286_4038770063354043456_n.jpg

Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L-69953771_569753413563331_7800028326179211039_n.jpg
Shumi_21 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 01:38   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinprakas View Post
Just a little reality check.

The litmus test barely starts coming into the picture once the motorcycle is out of its warranty mileage which is roughly at about 30k km's...

... the CB300R has eons to go before even being remotely comparable to the likes of the Splendor when it comes to reliability, after all the Honda Cub which set way to the Splendor scored #1 in a list of Greatest Motorcycles in the World compiled by Discovery Channel ... Honda CB750 ...

So if its just the Honda name that attracts you ...

...picking up a more simplistic design with lesser dependence on electricals barring the essentials like ABS etc.
Perhaps it would be easy to jump to conclusions after my reports through 4500 kms of running. Reality is, CB300R is a cousin of the intl. CBR300R and CB300F and an offshoot of the CBR250R and CRF250L all of which are running well with warranty prescribed maintenance. The engine is almost identical to the household CBR250Rs which are known for their reliability and refinement with mostly shim adjustments required after gaining miles which is within regular motorcycle maintenance. Many examples of these bikes have passed 30k since 2012 and the documented ones have had no major issues. The mechanicals have been around for close to 7+ years now, which is plenty inroads to the 15+ years goal.

The new lightweight frame is holding up well despite me almost abusing it with wheelies.(I try to be gentler each time). The CB300R's high will last a lot longer than 30k Kms. After all it is a Honda which is the only manufacturer to get a double entry on that Top ten list.

The GS issues you pointed are true. I smelt something fishy when Tusker BMW was giving discounts to bring on-road price to ex-showroom in 2019 and heard of the plight of the 2018 owners who bought initial batches and paid full prices. But then BMW had more booking for the 310s in Diwali than Honda had for the Cb300R for the year .

Getting simpler stuff does make sense in India where most ASCs are woefully inept for anything out of the blue(250cc+). I trust more complicated self diagnosing closed loop systems simply because Machines don't lie.
NoSugarNoSpice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 01:46   #255
BHPian

Quote:
...I booked it with a token advance 5K. Bikes are ready to be delivered within a week as they stocked more for festival season last month. Now I have to decide the delivery date...
Congrats on your booking and welcome to the club of 3 bhpians with a CB300R .

If you wish to get the accessories attached at time of delivery, maybe you can refrain from attaching the tail tidy. Without a tail/higger the spray will hit your helmet if it rains.

Alternatively you can get this model fender( https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3296...0-e9025ec792ee ) locally in some mod shops.

Last edited by NoSugarNoSpice : 17th November 2019 at 01:50. Reason: local hugger suggestion

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks