Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2019, 14:17   #211
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L

Had a short tide on the CB300R. Very nimble with decent amount of power to do decent speeds in the city as well as the highway. Motor is refined with barely any vibes on the foot-pegs and handlebars. Had a pillion along and it still pulled well with good amounts of low end torque.

The handle bars felt a little wide to my liking and the size goes unnoticed as it is small, make no mistake there.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2019, 14:32   #212
BHPian

Took delivery of mine. It’s light and nimble . A tad too light , I need to test on the highways. Just a wee bit worried about cross winds .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumi_21 View Post
Hey man, welcome to the forum & congratulations on the CB300R! I too have made a booking for the Honda and have a few questions for you:
How does the LED headlight perform in the night/rains?
Congrats on your booking mate .
1. Headlights are not as powerful as expected , I’ll be picking up some aux lights after first service.
2. First service still pending , will update here .
3. Got the radiator guard , puig frame sliders and handlebar drips . Total cost 15k - 16k.

Last edited by ampere : 13th August 2019 at 21:47. Reason: Merging back to back posts. Please edit or multi-quote instead of back to back posts; compacted quoted post
icestrok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 23:18   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Had a short tide on the CB300R. Very nimble with decent amount of power to do decent speeds in the city as well as the highway. Motor is refined with barely any vibes on the foot-pegs and handlebars. Had a pillion along and it still pulled well with good amounts of low end torque.

The handle bars felt a little wide to my liking and the size goes unnoticed as it is small, make no mistake there.
Since you also own a R3, would you care to elaborate a little more on your ride impressions of the cb300r vis a vis your bike?
Old 6th August 2019, 01:26   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by surajspai View Post
Since you also own a R3, would you care to elaborate a little more on your ride impressions of the cb300r vis a vis your bike?
Got to ride the Cb300R only for a couple of kms. Will definitely pen it down once I get a chance it to ride it for a few more kms.
Old 7th August 2019, 06:16   #215
Senior - BHPian

Hi, Congrats and where are the pictures! Good post, and a rarity on this bike. Colour Black is very popular I've seen. When Honda announced this bike I was interested and had approached Silicon Honda. Spoke to the key guy there and there was no information at that point. He was non-committal. Further on there was no communication from them, forget Test Drives, and also I was also torn between the Enfield twins and this, so the 'buy' never happened. What are the accessories available, that you can add on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSugarNoSpice View Post
Buckle up
Old 7th August 2019, 07:39   #216
BHPian

For pics, this is the only clean pic I have, at time of showroom inspection pre delivery. I haven't had the time/a clean bike afterwards. The bike is diminutive and totally unassuming with lights off and parked, blends in very well.

Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L-bikeshowroom.jpeg

A mileage shot of the first 300 kms, I think the fuel counters are pretty spot on.
This is with daily commuting along old airport road and into Koramangala and some spirited launches.

Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L-mileage.jpeg
For accessories : here's the price list,

https://www.hondabigwing.in/Accessories/CB300R

Last edited by moralfibre : 7th August 2019 at 11:31. Reason: Formating post.
NoSugarNoSpice is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th August 2019, 21:20   #217
Senior - BHPian

Finally, I got a much-awaited test ride. Left me with mixed feelings actually. It's a sporty looking bike, visually, but the handling isn't sporty at all. The handlebars might need some adjustment since it wasn't really comfortable. The engine is a gem and you just 'take off', Felt like 'flight mode - as is typical Honda. Brakes could do with some bite, as it had already done 3,259 Kms, so it looks like a lot of test drives are given out. The exhaust note is 'uplifting', felt like revving more and really twisted the throttle. Console is no-frills but does its job. Big thumbs up. I need to take a few more rides to close in on this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L-img_4801.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th August 2019, 00:04   #218
BHPian

Hmm, tried this and now I think bmw 310 is a better deal :-) as they are offering discounts, no handling charges and have much better customer experience. Honda dealers behavior is same for dio to cb300r customers , they are ignorant of customers because of volume they are generating.
Old 12th August 2019, 14:28   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrishig View Post
Hmm, tried this and now I think bmw 310 is a better deal :-) as they are offering discounts, no handling charges and have much better customer experience. Honda dealers behavior is same for dio to cb300r customers , they are ignorant of customers because of volume they are generating.

If I may ask, what are the discounts on the G310R at present? I am in the same spot as you. I am yet to test drive the CB300R but when I did a test drive of the CB250R last year, the Honda sales experience was pathetic. I hope it is not the same with CB300R.
Old 12th August 2019, 14:59   #220
BHPian

FYI folks, there is a Red Cb300R at JSP Honda, Kukatpally (Hyderabad) Opposite to Metro store.
I should take a test ride in few days.
Old 13th August 2019, 21:33   #221
BHPian

Some quick notes from a 200km highway ride last weekend:

The bike is not ideal as a highway machine. It is a bit too light and makes you cautious when you pass or squeeze through trucks. The saddle does start to foul you after a while(3 hrs+) and there are only so many comfortable seating positions for a 6 ft person on this. The seating position also takes a toll on my wrists, especially the throttle side as this wrist is further bent down. Power wise, the power deficit does start to show, but not before wind blast rears its ugly head. I had a chance to take a quick switch to an Avenger 220 and was blown away by its seat comfort, but the harshness and numbness in my limbs made me switch back sooner than expected. A Dominar/Duke would fare better at stability and power but the Revenge of the CB will be its ride quality.

On the CB300R, life is best when cruising at 80-90 in 6th. The engine is super smooth and at ease(4500-5500 rpm). The bike will keep a steady line. Crosswinds require bracing but the bike reacts very calmly and stably at speeds. Overtaking is gentle and surefooted, a mere twist of the throttle as peak torque and power are yet to be reached at those speeds. You can overtake most other vehicles.
Windblast is also relatively low at these speeds. The best part is that the bike can do this all day without overheating and will still return ~45 highway only efficiency on a sparse Bangalore Pune expressway. Yes you read that right for a 300cc. Bravo Honda.(Also I beat the Avy 220 at mileage). For the whole trip, from my home to the highway, to hilly backroads and back , I managed a combined efficiency of 43.5 kmpl.

The bike is a hoot to ride on narrow twisting ghat roads. It will tip-in effortlessly and hold the angle, application of throttle as you exit the turn is followed by a swift rise in stature and a very endearing ride. I did not miss a slipper clutch, but I was riding on the safer side of novice-dom. There are some weird mechanics when doing low speed turns without leaning at near max lock, the outer side handlebar is almost beyond my reach and makes for some "Really? This is how I turn a bike??" moments.

My daily commute has also increased to 1.5-ish hours one way and my clutch hand does get fatigued. In traffic heating is highly dependent on how you ride, wide open throttles and green light drags will heat up the engine quickly and the petite radiator fan will serve with a muted whine. The radiator does blow hot air around and if you are wearing hot pants, well, it's gonna get hot. Conversely, keeping the engine below 4k rpm makes you forget you have a 300cc mill between your legs, it could be a hot tub for all you know.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L-img_20190813_093830.jpg  

Honda confirms CB300R for India; bookings open. Edit: Launched @ 2.41L-img_20190812_102953.jpg  

NoSugarNoSpice is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 10:18   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Some quick notes from a 200km highway ride last weekend:
A post that i have been waiting for very long now. My commute of 50 Km each way in my Duke has been good. The Speed Camera heavy route of NH544 makes sure i dont exceed 90 kmph and i for one am comfortable at those speeds because of the high cross breeze and wind blasts.

The itch to upgrade has been killing me for years. Duke has treated me good as much as i have treated it good and i have service centers within a Kilometre from my home and office both. R3 never felt comfortable for me, but the creaminess had me smitten. I have consciously avoided test riding the Duke 390 knowing that the powerrrrr would have me smitten but then the riding comfort wont be the best.

With Honda i was not sure if service would be available in a small town like Palakkad for the CB300 so have kept away from it till this post of yours. The factors of fuel efficiency and comfort might easily trump the distance to service station. I would appreciate if you keep this thread updated regularly. Helps move my decision making closer to this bike.

Could you check with your service advisor if this bike could be serviced in a regular Honda service station?
Old 14th August 2019, 15:23   #223
BHPian

Quote:
The ride is amazing(at least compared to the rental Activa I was using during the waiting period).
Hey, what tyre pressure are you running front and back?

Last edited by ampere : 14th August 2019 at 20:52. Reason: compacted quoted post
Old 14th August 2019, 20:25   #224
BHPian

@rohitoasis I dont have much good news in that regard, for a chain clean and re-lube, I was denied service by Haiku Honda at a regular service centre. Tansi Honda agreed to do the chain service on phone, I am yet to check with them at the shop. They are closer to my home. Silicon Honda is the BigWing dealer here. So it's pretty hit and miss depending on the delership even for such basic tasks. SA advices only BigWing service centres for warranty.

@sachinwadhwani The manual recommends 29-33, but I run 30-34, checked bi weekly, as the bike steering gets heavy if the pressure drops.
NoSugarNoSpice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2019, 21:28   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@rohitoasis I dont have much good news in that regard, for a chain clean and re-lube, I was denied service by Haiku Honda at a regular service centre. Tansi Honda agreed to do the chain service on phone, I am yet to check with them at the shop. They are closer to my home. Silicon Honda is the BigWing dealer here. So it's pretty hit and miss depending on the delership even for such basic tasks. SA advices only BigWing service centres for warranty.

@sachinwadhwani The manual recommends 29-33, but I run 30-34, checked bi weekly, as the bike steering gets heavy if the pressure drops.
Why would you need to go to service center for chain clean and lube ? You can do it at home yourself. Requires zero skills - only 5 min of youtube video
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks