Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2022, 11:50   #181
BHPian

Re: New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!

It's not often that Royal Enfield and bike stunts are talked in the same breath. But have a look at this -

Hunter's agility on full display!

Source- Rushlane
Emvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 14:30   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
It's not often that Royal Enfield and bike stunts are talked in the same breath. Hunter's agility on full display
What a fool, extremely stupid. This is encouraging the idiots of the world He is not wearing any protective gear at all. One fall and there would be extensive skin grafting involved at the very least.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 19:36   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's not often that Royal Enfield and bike stunts are talked in the same breath.
Correct me if I am wrong, riding the Unconventional leg controls of the old Royal Enfield itself was a stunt. Don’t you think so??
ku69rd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 20:12   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
- the front brake of the base single channel ABS version was noticeably spongier than the dual channel ones.
They've used a different brake master cylinder on the retro variant. For cost cutting I suppose.

I wonder if the retro variant will even have any takers. Its such a lacklustre bike that it seems like it's just there to convince customers to put more money for the better equipped and more desirable metro variant.

Last edited by drt_rdr : 30th August 2022 at 20:14.
Old 30th August 2022, 20:27   #185
Senior - BHPian

That is a lot of engine material for a compact bike. Like an Ambassador engine in a Maruti Alto engine bay!

I will check it out and if I like it recommend it to my son. May be I will buy one too. Will try out the Ronin also.

Last edited by Gansan : 30th August 2022 at 20:30.
Old 31st August 2022, 11:17   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's not often that Royal Enfield and bike stunts are talked in the same breath.
Hunter's agility on full display!

Source- Rushlane
Quite a pathetic attempt at that. Looked more like he wanted to screw the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, riding the Unconventional leg controls of the old Royal Enfield itself was a stunt. Don’t you think so??
Nah.. I've been riding one for years. No stunts there, just have to get used to it.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 11:21   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Nah.. I've been riding one for years. No stunts there, just have to get used to it.
Hey was trying to pull a fast one at that. Agree it’s more of one getting used to the controls and having the presence of mind to handle any circumstances.

I would be extra conscious whilst riding them since my primary motorcycles were all Jap.
ku69rd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 10:25   #188
KPR
BANNED

What will a 2014-15 FZ-V2 lover do when he doesn't like the new BS6 FZ? He will buy a Hunter . This is the first time I'm seeing a non-RE person buying a RE for being compact and (feel of) less weight ! My BIL has taken delivery of a Hunter 350. His height is 178 cm and weighs 75-77 Kg.

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-hunter.jpg

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-hunter2.jpg

So who should buy Hunter?
1. Those who need a single bike garage that can satisfy city rides, highway rides and all local errands.
2. Easy to park and take out of parking as the height and perceived less weight of the bike (although bike weighs ~170 Kg somehow it felt easy to move around parkings with engine off).
3. Feels more youthful as compared to Classic. Hunter is more like a Scrambler.
4. Those who are sitting on fence between this, Ronin, FZ25 or any other 1.5 lakh priced bike better luck if you can ignore Hunter.

I personally loved the way a silver colour Hunter Retro looked with spokes wheel and old school switch gears.

Last edited by KPR : 1st September 2022 at 10:30.
KPR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 10:30   #189
Senior - BHPian

^^ Is that the same engine as the Classic/Bullet?
Old 1st September 2022, 10:37   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
^^ Is that the same engine as the Classic/Bullet?
It is the same engine as the classic and Meteor. Bullet still comes with old UCE engine. However the engine felt more eager and responsive in hunter, when I did test ride all these bikes, may be due to lighter weight.
Old 1st September 2022, 11:08   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejithkk View Post
It is the same engine as the classic and Meteor. Bullet still comes with old UCE engine. However the engine felt more eager and responsive in hunter, when I did test ride all these bikes, may be due to lighter weight.
It has a different map on the Hunter.
Old 3rd September 2022, 20:21   #192

I'm worried about the comments on engine heat though. New owners say it's somewhat noticable, and I'm assuming it could get worse during Summers and when ethanol blending gets to 25%. I'm not sure what hotter engines could do to the bike itself, but I feel like it might wear out the engine parts over the long term and cause some minor problems
Old 5th September 2022, 23:33   #193
BHPian

Now the wait to get my hands on the bike is on.

thanks[/quote]

After changing my mind multiple times between red or white, I followed my trusted method of blind choice where I write the colors on two papers to shuffle pick one. First 2 picks out of 3 were dapper white, so I went ahead and bought REBEL RED. Yes, you read it right.

Meet Rafa..

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-img_1045-large.jpeg

Dealership was kind enough to arrange a day-time delivery after 6 calls to different people on their sales brochure. My sales rep decided to ignore us, i guess the sale is done and delivery is none of his business. BTW, no accessories yet, today marks the 10th day since I took delivery and there is still no sign of it. Got a decent helmet - Visor extra from them as well

Special mention to pavan(delivery manager, Avahan - Kalyan Nagar) for ensuring a smooth delivery

we enjoyed every moment of it, my little "Kumudha happy annachi" moment.

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-img_1052-large.jpeg

Once the Puja is done, I inquired couple of places around Rammurthy Nagar to get the PPF done

bubble time auto - 8.5 K, 2 years warranty
Detailing Mafia - 11K, TPU film - 5 years warranty
Autotrix - 8,800 - Stekware - 5 years warranty.

Autotrix guys took sometime explaining the process, this is the first time they are wrapping this model so they told me upfront that it will be done in 3 pieces and there will be a crease on both sides of the petrol tank, also they don't use heat to apply the film. Decided to go ahead with them. There will be one inspection in 5 days to confirm the process is successful or not.

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-img_1108-large.jpeg

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-img_1111-large.jpeg

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-img_1113-large.jpeg

Final result

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-99d6a98c3ed344e9b7d5e6fcfcd41460.jpg
New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-eb41c91e2ac546ecb012adb2be6412af.jpg
New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-2867c87a91464b1183c1421fe5258e62.jpg
New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-ebb763007e234491a9cd70412461f222.jpg

Riding Experience :

* Not sure if it's my posture or I am yet to get used to it, but I felt my entire upper body weight on my palms while navigating in traffic. It worried me a little
* Then I went for a drive till Mulbagal in OMR road to break in everything eased out a little after the first 50 Kms.
* Since it's a new model, lot of eyes on the bike during my ride. Everyone were surprised by the light weight of the vehicle. The eye catchy color added some flavor as well
* There is a certain amount of Engine heat I am noticing, not sure if it's normal

Next on my list is to buy some riding gear and a helmet, do you recommend going with RE itself ? I have heard some good feedback that they are easy on the pocket and are VFM

PS : I did the PDI in the yard and noticed a nut kept on the engine, hope they noticed it too and installed it where it belongs. I don't see any missing nuts but it's nagging me a little.

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-img_1014-large.jpeg
New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-img_1012-large.jpeg

Overall, except the dealership experience, I am super happy with my purchase.

Let's see what lies ahead

peace
kishore

Last edited by kishore1984 : 5th September 2022 at 23:43. Reason: dealership name
kishore1984 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 09:20   #194
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend of mine who is returning to motorcycling after a very long gap (~ 2 decades), picked up a Hunter 350. He was on the lookout for a comfortable, easy to maneuver, light motorcycle that he can use in the city and for the occasional weekend ride. Both the TVS Ronin and the Hunter 350 perfectly fit his use case. He prebooked the Hunter 350 and was one of the first batch of customers to receive the bike in Cochin.

When he took delivery of his Hunter 350, I told him that despite his long absence from the motorcycling world, within no time, he would be flicking through traffic and enjoying the bike, like he was an expert rider. A week or two into his ownership experience, he confirmed that my prediction was on the money. Overall, my friend is very happy with his motorcycle.

The Hunter 350 has all the makings of a mega sales success. Crucially, Royal Enfield seems to have sorted out its supply chain for the motorcycle. Already, there are scores of them on Cochin's roads in such a short period of time.

Meanwhile, here is a fantastic review of the Hunter 350 that I encourage all potential owners to watch.

neil.jericho is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 11:03   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by citylights01 View Post
I'm worried about the comments on engine heat though. New owners say it's somewhat noticable, and I'm assuming it could get worse during Summers and when ethanol blending gets to 25%. I'm not sure what hotter engines could do to the bike itself, but I feel like it might wear out the engine parts over the long term and cause some minor problems
Being a new bike, it is bound to dissipate heat that can be felt when the engine is still setting in. At the end of the day, it is a 350cc air cooled engine and not a high capacity one which is bound to heat when in traffic or summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore1984 View Post
PS : I did the PDI in the yard and noticed a nut kept on the engine, hope they noticed it too and installed it where it belongs. I don't see any missing nuts but it's nagging me a little.
That must be a bolt from the transport crate which would have been left there when it was being dismantled to remove the bike.

Congrats and enjoy the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post

Meanwhile, here is a fantastic review of the Hunter 350 that I encourage all potential owners to watch.
A nice honest review unlike the usual junk out there. The Xpulse looks like a father next to his child when parked next to the Hunter.

I wonder what they think about the Interceptor/GT instrument pods if the one on the Hunter was pretty basic.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks