Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2023, 22:19   #241
BHPian

Re: New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!

Have to agree that the engine is ideal for cruising at legal speeds part haha.
The acceleration to 80 is definitely fun with the peppy engine and revs. Its lightweight and agility make it more fun to drive in the city. After 110, it struggles to pick up more speed.

Put it forward to the service staff about the heavy clutch next time. The adjuster nut can be loosened, making the clutch light (I was made aware of this by the team).

As reported by many Hunter owners, the mirror issues are widespread. They start shaking and vibrating at around 90, making it hard to see. There were a few reported instances of a friend Hunter when the left side mirror arm came off while cruising at 80ishI. Hope RE looks into this on a priority basis.

My friend flaunting his Hunter:
New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-huntr.jpg

Last edited by the_bat : 30th April 2023 at 22:20. Reason: Typos
the_bat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2023, 20:23   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post

Cons::

Low mileage is the biggest negative I'm facing with this bike. I don't know what the issue is but I'm consistently getting mileage of 25kmpl. I've heard people getting over 30 and some even say 36-37 which should be really good for this motorcycle but this is the biggest problem I've got. It's not because of my riding style as I used to get around 40+ with my previous 160cc commuter which is par for that bike. I've experimented with low gear high rpm and high gear low rpm but nothing worked. I'm using normal petrol though and I'm thinking of trying the premium petrol for a month.
I agree with you, the points were spot on. I am also facing the mileage issue, I figured out that riding above 70kmph in city was causing the mileage drop, Once after riding within the limit, Now I am constantly getting around 31 to 33 kmpl. The lowest I got before was 27 kmpl when I did sudden acceleration and deceleration in city roads. And in highways if I ride around 80kmph, the mileage was around 36 kmpl. But still don’t know how many are getting around 35 to 37 regularly.
Piston_head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2023, 11:51   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post

Cons::

Low mileage is the biggest negative I'm facing with this bike. I don't know what the issue is but I'm consistently getting mileage of 25kmpl. I've heard people getting over 30 and some even say 36-37 which should be really good for this motorcycle but this is the biggest problem I've got. It's not because of my riding style as I used to get around 40+ with my previous 160cc commuter which is par for that bike. I've experimented with low gear high rpm and high gear low rpm but nothing worked. I'm using normal petrol though and I'm thinking of trying the premium petrol for a month.

The bike is very difficult to put on center stand. I think RE didn't design the center stand for this bike separately and since this has lower ground clearance than Classic 350 is becomes difficult.

Rear suspension is very stiff and you'll feel every undulations on road. RE service center has advised me to change it to nitrox one but I want to ride it out a few thousand kms before investing on new suspension. Also since the ground clearance is low, a softer suspension might cause it to touch the ground too often.

Fuel gauge is not very accurate and some models including mine doesn't have the mph marking in the speedometer.

Ground clearance of 150mm is on the lower side for our roads and although you won't scrape it every now and then, if you're riding with a pillion, there is a chance you might kiss those unscientific speed breakers (more like footpath in the middle of the road).
I guess my bike is an anomaly. I'm getting 40 kmpl consistently in my daily commute. Exclusively ride in narrow Kerala roads. So consider it as a mix of urban and steady speeds.
Agree on the fuel gauge accuracy. I usually fill up when the trip meter jumps to trip F (which is quite useful in case you forget to fill up).
I never faced any issue with the so called low ground clearance. Never scraped against any speed hump or potholes.
Biggest drawback without a doubt for this bike is the rear suspension. They could have made it slightly softer considering the target customer base.
gokulamal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 15:05   #244
BHPian

Recently purchased a used Hunter Rebel Blue 2023, the previous owner got the back rest installed which I personally don't like and I want to go back to the original grab rails which comes fitted with the bike.
Can anyone here can help me find the stock grab rails?
Old 7th July 2023, 13:19   #245

I own a Hunter. It was delivered in the month of May 2023. On the day of delivery I was informed about a supposed price hike and was forced to shell out and extra 900 rupees. I got GMA fitted at the showroom itself. Engine sump guard, Visor and their signature seat. The motorcycle has been performing well so far. First service costed close to 2.5k INR.
I have been getting a steady mileage of 30kmpl and 36-38 kmpl on highways.
I faced a few issues with the motorcycle.
1) The mirrors became loose. The service center people said the threading was gone and it had to be replaced.
2) Right side indicator and visor mount became loose after 1k km.
3) Oil leaked out of the cap at around 700km.
4) Rust Stain on chain which I cleaned using WD-40.

I need help regarding which gear oil to purchase for lubrication purposes. Thanks everyone.
czar6502 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2023, 13:09   #246
BHPian

According to RE, the first service of Hunter 350 costs ₹1451.41, did you get some extra work done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by czar6502 View Post
First service costed close to 2.5k INR.
Attached Thumbnails
New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-screenshot-20230708-130823.png  

Old 16th July 2023, 14:44   #247
BHPian

I just did a 300 kms ride and I got a mileage of 35km/l
Mine is a new engine with the odo reading of 1200kms, so I never crossed the 85km/h mark.
satchit_bhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 12:04   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchit_bhp View Post
According to RE, the first service of Hunter 350 costs ₹1451.41, did you get some extra work done?
I'm sorry the final cost was 2.2k INR. They gave me an estimate of 1700 INR.
The chain rusting issue has creeped in after I got the bike pressure washed at the RE SVC.
Name:  Screenshot 165.png
Views: 764
Size:  64.4 KB
Old 19th July 2023, 12:09   #249

Quote:
Recently purchased a used Hunter Rebel Blue 2023, the previous owner got the back rest installed which I personally don't like and I want to go back to the original grab rails which comes fitted with the bike.
Can anyone here can help me find the stock grab rails?
I would advise you to go through the RE parts catalogue to find the part number and its associated cost, and then contact an SVC nearby and ask for it. You could also browse a few aftermarket brands that make the grab rails.
Old 19th July 2023, 12:30   #250
BHPian

The previous owner , gave me the stock grab rails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by czar6502 View Post
I would advise you to go through the RE parts catalogue to find the part number and its associated cost, and then contact an SVC nearby and ask for it. You could also browse a few aftermarket brands that make the grab rails.
Old 24th July 2023, 16:14   #251

Quote:
The previous owner , gave me the stock grab rails.
That's great! Hope your experience with the hunter is adventurous
Old 10th August 2023, 00:25   #252
BHPian

has anyone installed LED headlight bulb, need suggestion?
Old 13th November 2023, 13:57   #253
BHPian

does anyone hear engine knocking sound when engine is warm?
Old 14th February 2024, 22:32   #254
BHPian

Hi, Anyone here found good luggage mounting solutions for the hunter like top boxes and pannier boxes? Please share details of where I can get these online or in Bangalore or Mumbai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks