Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2022, 16:46   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai100 View Post
So much so that on a cold Bangalore morning, With a tee and Jeans without a Jacket , of course a helmet I rode out on a not so crowded highway and boy what a bike it is, I never went fast may be 80KMphh?? Gone were all the safety concerns out the window and was just enjoying the experience.. What a Feel.

However I soon started feeling cold , and hands froze, Realized the need for a Good jacket and gloves? may be
Shai100, congratulations on your Hunter!

Please invest in proper riding gear before anything else, it’s extremely dangerous to ride the way you were doing. 80 kmph or a much lesser speed is plenty, plenty to cause serious injury or even worse. Do not underestimate how dangerous or life threatening riding may turn out to be.

Complete safety gear is paramount, do get yourself a proper riding jacket, pants, gloves and boots before you venture out again on a ride. If your helmet is more than 5 years old do consider getting a new helmet too, full face would be the best. You could check out the “Riding Gear” thread for pointers or post a query there regarding any questions you may have.

Kindly do not take the above lightly or think I am being preachy, we riders have unfortunately seen and heard plenty of incidents where riders have hurt themselves badly or even lost their lives. Proper riding gear can not only save your life but in normal spills may avoid a visit to the emergency room of a hospital.

ATGATT - All the gear all the time my friend.

All the best and ride safe.

Cheers

Last edited by Cyborg : 29th September 2022 at 16:59.
Cyborg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 12:36   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
Can both the front foot pegs be folded in?
In the TR bike, i noticed that the front peg near the brake is spring loaded and it kept popping back out when pushed to fold position. Didn't check the one on the other side.
The rear foot rest could be folded in and was not spring loaded.
Tested. Only the front foot pegs on both sides are spring loaded and can't be folded in

hope this helps
kishore1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 12:45   #228
BHPian

Looking for the following genuine RE accessories, all dealerships I dealt with are saying 15 days to source them.

Any good shop in bangalore where I can source them ? thanks in advance

* Sump guard
* engine guard(leg guard)
* Rear passenger backrest and mount
* bar end mirrors(is this a hassle for touring ?)

Also, my excitement for the seat design is short lived, this thing keeps sliding me on to the tank more often than I expected. Does a seat cover fix it ? or do I need to switch it to a flat one ?

Cheers
kishore1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 22:15   #229
BHPian

Happy to share this moment with fellow bhpians, took delivery of my first bike, the Hunter 350 in dapper ash shade. As a car person it was quite a new experience for me, riding my own bike with a proud feel and starting to feel the wind on my face. On my way to home, it did grab a lot of eyeballs & many stopped to enquire about the model. Coming to initial impressions, it feels light to maneuver around, nice handlebar position, footpegs are just about rightly placed for my height (5' 10"), overall a great ergonomics package. Must say, Royal Enfield has indeed hit the ball out of the park with Hunter's launch. Unlike many users who complain of wrist pain, I never felt the need for handlebar raisers, in fact, this setup is very engaging to ride. Looking forward to explore the jungle on my hunter!
Attached Thumbnails
New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-img20220930213019.jpg  

Ragasruoban is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 10:40   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore1984 View Post
Looking for the following genuine RE accessories, all dealerships I dealt with are saying 15 days to source them.

Any good shop in bangalore where I can source them ? thanks in advance

* Sump guard
* engine guard(leg guard)
* Rear passenger backrest and mount
* bar end mirrors(is this a hassle for touring ?)

Also, my excitement for the seat design is short lived, this thing keeps sliding me on to the tank more often than I expected. Does a seat cover fix it ? or do I need to switch it to a flat one ?

Cheers
You can check with Fixwell motors, that’s on JC road. They’re official distributors of spares and accessories for Royal Enfield. I got the same accessories as what you’ve asked, from them. Calling them and confirming stock, and making advance payment ensures your accessories will be kept safe for when you visit.

I have the bar-end mirrors and find them quite good for touring. With a bit of adjustment, they work well to provide a good view. Blind spots do exist, but it’s negligible and you get used to scanning the road out of the corner of your eye when you look at the mirrors.

The seat seemed fine to me. Although hard acceleration & deceleration isn’t the way I ride. Gripping the tank with the knees, and a bit of core stability, helps reduce sliding on the seat, atleast for me. I do plan on getting the signature bench seat, both for looks, and claimed improvements in comfort.

On another note, does anyone know of a good rear rack/carrier for the Hunter? I’m wanting to mount luggage and the stock grab rails aren’t good enough. Need a good carrier/rack to help extend the available area for luggage, as well as providing better mounting points.
kaushalswarup is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 20:33   #231
BHPian

I am facing continuous squeaking noise when the rear brake is applied. Visited RE SVC twice, they cleaned the rear brake pads which arrested the noise for a day but the sound creeps again on the next day. Any owners facing this issue?
Piston_head is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 21:57   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajathv8 View Post
Can you pls get a pic of the whole bike with the risers to check how it looks overall?
The hugger seems to have lot of nooks and crannies for mud to get into. The one in previous posts appears simpler in design.
A Pro-Spec Easy clutch would help too.
Is that your Gixxer in the background?
I can definitely get you a few pictures of the motorcycle. My friend has ordered the Royal Enfield fly screen and has already installed a rack and a top box. The adjustable levers from Hitchcocks have been delivered to his friend's home in the UK. It should be hand carried to India some time next month.

And yes, that is my Suzuki in the background!
Old 26th October 2022, 02:08   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
My friend has ordered the Royal Enfield fly screen and has already installed a rack and a top box.
Could you please share the details of which rack & top box your friend is using? Also it would be great to get an insight on how the bike performs with the top box, in terms of handling.
I’m looking to add a good rack and possibly a top box (based on whether or not it’s causing issues).
kaushalswarup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 13:44   #234
Senior - BHPian

Royal Enfield Hunter 350 sales cross the 1 lakh mark

Royal Enfield has sold over 1 lakh units of the Hunter 350 since it was launched in India 6 months ago.

New Royal Enfield spotted; it is the Hunter 350!-gallery21280x800-1.jpg

The Hunter 350 is the most affordable model in Royal Enfield's range, with prices starting at Rs 1.50 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).

The Hunter 350 is based on the J-platform, shared with the Classic 350 and the Meteor 350. The roadster features a teardrop-shaped fuel tank and a circular headlamp & instrument console. It also comes with stylish alloy wheels and a short exhaust.

Powering the Hunter 350 is the familiar 349cc, single-cylinder engine. It produces 20.2 BHP @ 6,100 rpm and 27 Nm @ 4,000 rpm. The engine is paired with a 5-speed transmission. The bike comes with disc brakes at both ends supported by dual-channel ABS. The bike rides on telescopic fork suspension at the front and has dual shock absorbers at the rear.
TusharK is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 25th February 2023, 15:06   #235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piston_head View Post
I am facing continuous squeaking noise when the rear brake is applied. Visited RE SVC twice, they cleaned the rear brake pads which arrested the noise for a day but the sound creeps again on the next day. Any owners facing this issue?
I have this on my CBR 250 since 2 months after the purchase. 2 days after every service the squeak sound come back. I guess we are picking a lot of dirt... atleast that's the explanation.

Summary: you can get it cleaned but will probably come back soon unless the problem is something else.

Regards
Bharath
Old 25th February 2023, 17:53   #236

Quote:
I had the same Issue at the start when I bought my Meteor 350 and my dad asked the RE technicians during the First Free service and was told that it is probably because the brakes were new.My dad and I decided to slightly use the Rear Brake more than the Front Brake during riding and now that the bike is touching 950kms the noise has mostly subsided though sometimes on a hard press it still squeaks a bit.
Let me know if you can figure out a better solution.
ICE_Swift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2023, 00:31   #237

Quote:
Is the noise like a metal grinding against a metal? I’ve had this issue with my 350 reborn and it’s only subsided after changing the calliper. It’s widely seen on YouTube videos as well.
Change of brake pads or cleaning won’t be of use in such cases.
themotohead_doc is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 16:14   #238
BHPian

I'm having the same rear brake squeaking noise problem since almost the day of delivery itself. It's not a metal grinding noise but more like two metal rubbing against some oily substance. Additionally the front wheel is also making a noise when rotating at any speed i.e. even when I'm taking the bike in and out of garage with engine off. Hopefully some greasing during the first service will solve the issue.

Btw, my first service is due in about a week and I've driven for around 400 kms but the mileage I'm getting is somewhere around 20-22kmpl although in peak city traffic conditions. Is it normal or should I complain during my service.
Old 11th March 2023, 21:16   #239
BHPian

Quote:
I also get a faint noise when applying the rear brake, Informed the same during the first service. For a week or 10 days after service, I didn't hear the sound, however after that, I am hearing the faint noise again only when applying the rear brake which is not that prominent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpainter View Post
I'm having the same rear brake squeaking noise problem since almost the day of delivery itself. It's not a metal grinding noise but more like two metal rubbing against some oily substance. Additionally the front wheel is also making a noise when rotating at any speed i.e. even when I'm taking the bike in and out of garage with engine off. Hopefully some greasing during the first service will solve the issue.

Btw, my first service is due in about a week and I've driven for around 400 kms but the mileage I'm getting is somewhere around 20-22kmpl although in peak city traffic conditions. Is it normal or should I complain during my service.
Hi Carpainter,

Please inform the brake noise during the service, but I am not sure, if it will be addressed as in my case. If its not prominent, you can ignore.

With respect to mileage, you should definitely inform and have them diagnose the issue. My daily usage is around 20KM in peak traffic, and I constantly get a mileage of 33+ KMPL.
cormodore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2023, 12:36   #240
BHPian

So it has been more than two months now since I've got this bike and after riding it for around 1200kms here is my short observations:-

Pros::

The engine is ideal for cruising at legal speeds. It feels punchy at 70-80 speed levels and has ample torque to ride on. Being lighter than Classic 350 this should be an easy motorcycle to ride in hilly terrains.

The seating position is neutral with a little rearset footpegs but set almost in the ideal position making a comfortable riding triangle. In the initial days of ownership I felt wrist pain but once my body got accustomed after a week, there is no pain in wrist or shoulder or anywhere else. Infact this riding position is actually more comfortable for me than my previous bike Hornet 160r.

Stability on straight line is good and crosswind doesn't unsettle it. I haven't taken it on highways yet.

Apart from the mirrors there is no noticeable vibration anywhere unlike previous gen RE bikes.

Engine heat is manageable as it doesn't get too hot in city traffic.

Cons::

Low mileage is the biggest negative I'm facing with this bike. I don't know what the issue is but I'm consistently getting mileage of 25kmpl. I've heard people getting over 30 and some even say 36-37 which should be really good for this motorcycle but this is the biggest problem I've got. It's not because of my riding style as I used to get around 40+ with my previous 160cc commuter which is par for that bike. I've experimented with low gear high rpm and high gear low rpm but nothing worked. I'm using normal petrol though and I'm thinking of trying the premium petrol for a month.

The bike is very difficult to put on center stand. I think RE didn't design the center stand for this bike separately and since this has lower ground clearance than Classic 350 is becomes difficult.

Even the side stand is too straight and you can't park on side stand even if there is a slightest of inclination on the road.

Rear suspension is very stiff and you'll feel every undulations on road. RE service center has advised me to change it to nitrox one but I want to ride it out a few thousand kms before investing on new suspension. Also since the ground clearance is low, a softer suspension might cause it to touch the ground too often.

Fuel gauge is not very accurate and some models including mine doesn't have the mph marking in the speedometer.

Ground clearance of 150mm is on the lower side for our roads and although you won't scrape it every now and then, if you're riding with a pillion, there is a chance you might kiss those unscientific speed breakers (more like footpath in the middle of the road).

Neutrals::

This has the least weight amongst all the RE bikes. When you ride it, it feels more nimble and agile than even a 150cc commuter but you'll feel the 180kg weight when you move the bike manually like in and out of parking slots.

The seats are comfortable and even though it looks small, it can comfortably accommodate a pillion. But if you want to carry two people illegally then it's not possible.

The exhaust not is nice at low rpm and has some nice growl to it but at higher rpm the silencer becomes silent.

Headlights are halogen and not LED but the throw is nice and I'd take them than a poor LED anyday.

Mirrors vibrate at various degree at different speed levels and the size should have been bigger to reduce blind spot but it gets the job done for now.

Fit and finish is not at Honda or Yamaha level with some squeaking noise here and there but the paint quality is top class. There is even a lacquer coating on the stickers.

The clutch is on the heavier side but with ample torque you don't have change gear too often.

Fuel tank capacity is 13 litres but low fuel warning comes on at 4 litres. So you'll see low fuel warning quicker than usual.

RE offer many accessories to customize your bike as per your liking. I just wish the tripper navigation was standard.

Hope prospective buyers will find this useful.
Carpainter is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks