Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2022, 00:36   #181
BHPian

Re: Honda CB500X launched at Rs. 6.87 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
He said there was a price cut of about 1.2 Lakhs. Then checked out Honda's official website and sure enough, i see the Ex Showroom price is now Rs.5,79,952, a cool Rs.1,07,000 less from the earlier, crazy 6.87 lakhs Ex showroom price. Time to visit the nearest big wing to see if there is a bike to test ride!
Hey Naveen, the price cut back in February 2022 was widely discussed here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...-1-1-lakh.html (Honda CB500X prices slashed by INR 1.1 lakh)

If you read through some pages on this thread and the CB500x price cut thread, the discounted bike was well received and has been out of stock for a while across the country. You may get a test ride bike but it's highly unlikely you'll find a new bike at the discounted price. But if you do, please keep us posted
camitesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2022, 07:48   #182
BHPian

Also check if they're taking bookings for the cb500f and if that's on its way as well.
Old 29th November 2022, 23:19   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
Hey Naveen, the price cut back in February 2022 was widely discussed here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motor...-1-1-lakh.html (Honda CB500X prices slashed by INR 1.1 lakh)
Thanks. I missed it. Probably should have googled better! Either way, will visit a big wing sometime this week or next and find out. I test rode Highness and CB 350 RS about couple of weeks back but didn't ask about CB500X then. Will visit again and let you guys know.

OT: Are you part of Abarth Owners WA group? I have a 2019 Black Abarth, perhaps one of the last one sold in Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senotrius View Post
Also check if they're taking bookings for the cb500f and if that's on its way as well.
Will do! I saw one parked in Big Wing on Bellary road when i visited few weeks back.
Old 29th November 2022, 23:38   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
I test rode Highness and CB 350 RS about couple of weeks back but didn't ask about CB500X then. Will visit again and let you guys know.

OT: Are you part of Abarth Owners WA group? I have a 2019 Black Abarth, perhaps one of the last one sold in Bangalore.
Won’t be surprised if the honda folks ask you to ignore the elusive CB500x and focus on the 350s

Yes i’m on the AOC WA group and I too got a 2019 black Abarth in one of the last deals along with some Tbhp’ians

Last edited by camitesh : 29th November 2022 at 23:40.
camitesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2022, 17:51   #185
BHPian

I checked with Indiranagar BigWing showroom and they said 500x and 500F are coming in couple of months and OTR below 7L. Bookings are not yet open.

Also 500F is on display on Vittal Mallya road showroom it seems.
Ritz2010 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 15:58   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz2010 View Post
I checked with Indiranagar BigWing showroom and they said 500x and 500F are coming in couple of months and OTR below 7L. Bookings are not yet open.

Also 500F is on display on Vittal Mallya road showroom it seems.
Any latest news? The CB500X is yet to make its appearance. I won't be surprised if Honda doesn't relaunch it at all, with Versys 650 and KTM390ADV on either side baying for it's blood!
windiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 10:57   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Any latest news? The CB500X is yet to make its appearance. I won't be surprised if Honda doesn't relaunch it at all, with Versys 650 and KTM390ADV on either side baying for it's blood!
No updates by anyone - be it other threads or Honda as well.

I was there in VM road showroom a fortnight ago and 500F wasn't there. An heads-up for those planning a visit

I foresee it'll be hiked (without price slash) justified by minor updates.
Ritz2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2023, 14:10   #188
BHPian

I had a rather disappointing conversation with the reps at Bangalore Bigwing dealership. I have been following up with them for the CB650R. They were originally expecting the middleweights (500s and 650s) by April, but now that tentative timeline has been pushed to June. The rep also mentioned that this timeline also holds true for the Africa Twin.
The reason for the delay is some OBD sensor rule by the Indian government. Any idea what this is?

Also a bit off topic for this thread, but they have no clue about the launch details of the new 750s either.

Last edited by pratik_terni : 25th March 2023 at 14:30.
Old 25th March 2023, 22:05   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratik_terni View Post
The reason for the delay is some OBD sensor rule by the Indian government. Any idea what this is?
After 01-Apr-2023, vehicle manufacturers must ensure that their vehicles must not exceed the set emission norms even in real life conditions (RDE norms ). This is in large part thanks to the Volkswagen diesel gate issue. In Europe, this is required from 2024, where as it is being mandated earlier here in India.

Can read more about it here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratik_terni View Post
Also a bit off topic for this thread, but they have no clue about the launch details of the new 750s either.
Apart from the Honda Management and may be some Honda folks in the Assembly line, no one else has a clue what and when Honda will launch

Last edited by skviknaraj : 25th March 2023 at 22:06. Reason: word added for clarity
skviknaraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 16:27   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skviknaraj View Post
After 01-Apr-2023, vehicle manufacturers must ensure that their vehicles must not exceed the set emission norms even in real life conditions (RDE norms ). This is in large part thanks to the Volkswagen diesel gate issue. In Europe, this is required from 2024, where as it is being mandated earlier here in India.

Can read more about it here

Apart from the Honda Management and may be some Honda folks in the Assembly line, no one else has a clue what and when Honda will launch
Thanks for the explanation and link.This issue has impacted deliveries across big brands.
And Honda being Honda, are taking their own sweet time.
Old 9th April 2023, 16:36   #191
BHPian

I was eagerly awaiting the launch of the cb500x but with a big ride coming up, decided to go ahead and buy a Pre owned vstrom 650 to complement my highness. The 500x would’ve probably replaced both, well let’s see in a couple of years what the market offerings are.
Old 18th October 2023, 00:32   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Imagine you like to take your family out to have ice cream once a month and have been doing so for 5 years. Tomorrow if Baskin Robbins launches a new flavour that is very highly priced at Rs 250 a scoop, most normal buyers will say, Arre, what nonsense is this, I can buy 3 scoops of Amul ice cream for Rs 240. And they will continue to enjoy the Amuls, Cold Stones and Quality Walls ice creams available in Madras. But having tasted all the options, you and your family will know that you will enjoy the new Baskin Robbins ice cream at that price as much as your neighbours will enjoy Amul ice cream at one third the price.

But if you are taking your family out for ice cream for the first time, the new flavour from Baskin Robbins may not make sense and you might want to go with a more popular choice from a gelato place instead.

When it comes to things that make us happy, sometimes, there is more to it than just numbers. Im happy to hear your thoughts on the same topic.
This has to be the most brilliant and well articulated perspective on amount being spent on an automobile pertaining to VFM.
BleueNinja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2023, 19:44   #193
BHPian

Reviving this thread a bit, in the face of the massive media presence that the Himalayan 452 has been getting, as well as Honda’s own offering, the Transalp 750 making it to our shores.
I’d thought that Honda would take the opportunity to launch the updated 500x as well, at a much more affordable price, but alas. Media snippets mention a potential launch in the 1st quarter of 2024, but knowing Honda, who knows. And hope they don’t go the same route as before and bring it in at some ridiculously high price.

Additionally, I’ve heard that lots of folks have paid up and ‘booked’ the new version as well. Is there any update from the dealerships on this?
Old 3rd November 2023, 19:48   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushalswarup View Post
Additionally, I’ve heard that lots of folks have paid up and ‘booked’ the new version as well. Is there any update from the dealerships on this?
I spoke to a couple of sales and service executives here in Delhi/NCR, they are assuming the bike should make a comeback next year, but still no time frame was promised or communicated by Honda.
Old 5th January 2024, 14:01   #195

Sad that there is no clear indication if it's coming or not.

If anyone is selling theirs in Bangalore, please WhatsApp me on 9900349657

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks