Old 29th May 2022, 14:14   #767
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Another Ola scooter with broken fork:

Attachment 2313705

Link
Looks like this is the same scooter which had the first incident, observe the yellow barrier.

https://gaadiwaadi.com/more-problems...-the-road/amp/
SKC-auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 09:56   #768
Senior - BHPian

I have owned an Ola S1 Pro for about 3 months now. My observations, likes and dislikes.
1. Far too long a time taken between booking the scooter, making full payment and delivery. (More than 6 months)
2. Extremely unprofessional delivery plan. They first wanted to deliver the scooter to me at 11:30 pm on a Sunday night. I refused flat out and they tried to beg and cajole me to take delivery, giving me all kinds of excuses. When they realised that I was adamant, they became aggressive in tone and said that if that then they would."SEE". I then got delivery after 2 weeks after cussing out Ola online customer support many, many times.
3. It's been more than 2 months since my vehicle was registered but I still don't have a number or the RC card. On asking the agent, he says take it up with OLA. The OLA representative calls me after I send 5 messages cussing them out, to ask the agent!!!! As of now, I still don't have a number plate or the RC card.

2. Powerful motor
3. Brilliant pick up.

Hates
1. The absolutely rotten buying experience
2. Horrible communication system with no personal touch.
3. In Hyper mode, it's just too quick for a scooter
4. The touch screen and number code for starting and moving is not security friendly. All you.need is a person at a slightly higher point behind or to the side of view with a video camera and you will find your scooter missing when you come back. In my opinion a huge negative.

Will I recommend the OLA
As a stand alone scooter - Yes
As an Ola product - NO

The lack of human interaction, the inability to walk into a service centre with your complaints and the total un-personal eperience just does not cut it.

Overall, not a very pleasant experience.
jyobeb is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 14:02   #769
Senior - BHPian

There was a post about front fork breaking off, found few weird comments with similar pattern where they defend the brand. It's almost like Ola paid them
Attached Thumbnails
Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-img_20220606_140017.jpg  

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-img_20220606_140035.jpg  

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-img_20220606_140105.jpg  

giri1.8 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2022, 16:40   #770
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
There was a post about front fork breaking off, found few weird comments with similar pattern where they defend the brand. It's almost like Ola paid them
LOL! Paid reviews and defenders is the latest ( and the most toxic) marketing technique in the industry and is eerily similar to what various political parties do on the internet.

You will also see similar comments in content related to products of Tata passenger cars.

Ola and Aston Martin F1 have made serious lessons about product development- you can't put a bunch of really capable individuals in a room and expect them to produce world class products overnight. There's so much more than raw talent and money.
Turbohead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 08:01   #771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyobeb View Post
I have owned an Ola S1 Pro for about 3 months now. My observations, likes and dislikes.
1. Far too long a time taken between booking the scooter, making full payment and delivery. (More than 6 months)
2. Extremely unprofessional delivery plan. They first wanted to deliver the scooter to me at 11:30 pm on a Sunday night. I refused flat out and they tried to beg and cajole me to take delivery, giving me all kinds of excuses. When they realised that I was adamant, they became aggressive in tone and said that if that then they would."SEE". I then got delivery after 2 weeks after cussing out Ola online customer support many, many times.
3. It's been more than 2 months since my vehicle was registered but I still don't have a number or the RC card. On asking the agent, he says take it up with OLA. The OLA representative calls me after I send 5 messages cussing them out, to ask the agent!!!! As of now, I still don't have a number plate or the RC card.

2. Powerful motor
3. Brilliant pick up.

Hates
1. The absolutely rotten buying experience
2. Horrible communication system with no personal touch.
3. In Hyper mode, it's just too quick for a scooter
4. The touch screen and number code for starting and moving is not security friendly. All you.need is a person at a slightly higher point behind or to the side of view with a video camera and you will find your scooter missing when you come back. In my opinion a huge negative.

Will I recommend the OLA
As a stand alone scooter - Yes
As an Ola product - NO

The lack of human interaction, the inability to walk into a service centre with your complaints and the total un-personal eperience just does not cut it.

Overall, not a very pleasant experience.
Adding to this set of woes, is another one.
The touch interface is absolutely useless in the rain. It's a nightmare.
jyobeb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th June 2022, 21:37   #772
BHPian

Today I got an invite through SMS to visit Ola factory, though they did not mention date of invitation. They wanted RSVP through surveymonkey which I accepted. Did any of you got this invite?
Old 14th June 2022, 10:11   #773
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is a good comparison of the Ola S1 Pro and the Ather 450X. The findings from Powerdrift are in line with what has been heatedly discussed on this thread. The Ola S1 Pro is still glitchy and unfinished. The Ather 450X remains the best EV scooter being sold in India.

neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 10:48   #774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOctane View Post
Today I got an invite through SMS to visit Ola factory, though they did not mention date of invitation. They wanted RSVP through surveymonkey which I accepted. Did any of you got this invite?
Check your email. You should have received one from them 3 days back. It is scheduled for 19th June (says so in my email atleast).
Old 19th June 2022, 02:04   #775
Senior - BHPian

Today got a chance to test ride OLA S1 pro. So, wifey wanted to go to Forum Shantiniketan(FS) mall for some shopping, I knew that the test ride campaign is going at the FS mall, booked an appointment at 6:00pm. Last week I have also tested TVS iQube and exactly on the same date 4 years ago I took a test ride of the Ather 450.

After reaching the mall I went to the OLA booth, where the sales rep explained me about the features, the scooter has move OS 2 beta, the switches on the scooter are easy to remember, I was able to check and feel the scooter.

Compared to my Suzuki Swish(access with different body panels) the plastics seemed slightly better, the plastics of the iQube are comparatively better than OLA S1 and far better than my Swish. The hard plastic used on the iQube dashboard looked very hard and may resist any scratches.

The charge port flap looked very flimsy on S1, it was touching the grab handles while opening and closing, they need to redesign this I believe. I also did not like the charging port on iQube, it is very small, the pins are also very thin, just as thin as my laptop charge port.

After checking my license I was given the scooter for test ride, I was asked to take a uturn at the next signal which is 50m ahead, and again take next u turn which is 150m to reach the mall, total of 300m, that too in a crawling traffic.

I said OK, closed the stand, the stand was firm, I thought it was delicate, seeing that some scooters have fallen. Have put it in reverse, slowly backed out, still worried it may jump forward even though I am not hearing those stories anymore.

I switched to forward and normal mode, reached the traffic signal in the slow moving traffic, took right turn(not u turn), the road was very wide, the scooter was very fast, within few seconds I crossed 70kmph speed, I was not feeling uncomfortable even at that speed. Changed to sport mode, the acceleration is just amazing, reaching 70kmph is so fast, I am more worried any traffic police personnel will stop me. I remember similar feeling with the Ather 450 4 years ago, S1 seems to be faster than the original Ather 450 in sport mode itself. Finally changed to hyper mode, felt the pull is too strong and dangerous, switched to sport mode immediately.

I almost never crossed 60kmph on my Swish, it is too slow and not very confident inspiring after crossing 60kmph, the handling seemed better on S1, I can ride happily at 70 or 80kmph, though those speeds are not possible on our Bangalore roads. I had to give a special mention to the rear suspension of S1, it absorbed all the pot holes very well, I was initially worried about this horizontal setup of the suspension, looks like this setup on S1 is better than the vertical setup on my Swish. The front single fork suspension felt almost similar to my Swish's double fork setup.

The iQube test ride was almost like riding my Swish with electric motor swap, it is slightly faster than other ICE scooters on the road, the suspension also felt like my Swish. I never felt that I was riding an electric scooter with hub motor, it felt like any other scooter. All these talk on sprung weight, unsprung weight is of no help, the hub motor did not give any difference in feel.

May be it is because of my riding style or did not had the need to use both brake and accelerator at the same time in my short ride, I never felt the engine cutoff when holding the brakes, the sales rep specifically warned about this behaviour before the test ride. One issue though, when I reversed for the test ride, it had a slight incline, I need to give throttle without leaving brakes, this issue may be resolved with hill hold feature which is still not part of Move OS 2 beta.

As it happens always with me I forget to test the most important element of an EV, the regen braking, I forgot to test on Ather, I forgot on S1, also may be that I never felt the regen was there on these scooters, the regen may be very mild. The regen on iqube is quiet noticeable, I initially felt why the wheels are not freely rotating, realized that the regen is stopping me.

There is a very slight whining sound compared to Ather on the S1 which I liked, the iqube is dead silent, except the wheels and suspension noise there is virtually no noise at all.

The half face helmets given for test rides are the same helmets sold by OLA, which are very small, both my ears are not covered by the helmet, don't know how ISI approved these helmets, would suggest buying helmets outside even if they are half faced.

I could not test cruise control or the speakers, both useless features for me. I had a short chat with the OLA sales rep after the test ride, I raised my concerns about front suspension failures, according to them the front suspension failures are due to those particular scooters hitting a wall or road divider. At this point I am not particularly concerned about battery fire incident, let's see if it repeats.

Overall I am satisfied with the S1, will wait for few more months for all these issues to be sorted. According to me, iQube is a good product, anyone who are looking for a fuss free 125cc scooter like performance should buy it. I have realized today, as an EV enthusiast I cannot buy an electric scooter with a 4.4kw motor, i want something which is fast. It is either OLA S1 pro or Ola S1 or any future Ather product with higher range, I wanted to particularly avoid established players, I can take risk of startups on a scooter atleast.

Last edited by SKC-auto : 19th June 2022 at 02:22.
SKC-auto is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 10:36   #776
Senior - BHPian

Ola S1 Pro e-scooters get MoveOS 2 upgrade

Ola Electric has rolled out a software update for the S1 Pro electric scooter. Over 50,000 users can now upgrade to MoveOS 2 via the OTA (Over-The-Air) update feature.

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-2021olas130-1.jpg

MoveOS 2 is compatible with Ola’s “Companion” smartphone app, which lets the user check the charge status, range, odometer reading, lock / unlock or open the boot remotely via their smartphones. It also brings in Bluetooth connectivity enabling the users to pair their smartphones and play music via the scooter’s built-in speakers.

Additionally, the latest update unlocks features such as cruise control and turn-by-turn navigation. The company also claims to have fixed issues related to range drop and battery discharge.

Ola Electric is said to be planning to debut its first electric car around 2023. The company dropped a short teaser video of the new product during an event held at its Krishnagiri factory.
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 10:02   #777
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ola S1 Pro e-scooters get MoveOS 2 upgrade

Bhavish Aggarwal hints about MoveOS 3, more details will be revealed on 15th August.

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-smartselect_20220621100124_twitter.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 12:32   #778
BHPian

Re: Ola S1 Pro e-scooters get MoveOS 2 upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
It also brings in Bluetooth connectivity enabling the users to pair their smartphones and play music via the scooter’s built-in speakers.
This will be the most sought after feature and we can see roads becoming a music festival with budding DJs
Everlearner is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2022, 12:55   #779
Senior - BHPian

Ola Electric will roll out the MoveOS2 in phases, and every Ola S1 Pro owner will receive it over the next few days.

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-20220621_125321.jpg

Last edited by Venkatesh : 21st June 2022 at 12:56.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 09:50   #780
BHPian

Received Move OS 2.0 update today morning, its about 800MB & took 2 minutes to download. Installation took about 20-25 minutes and during this time, you cannot operate the scooter. You need to download "Ola Electric" app and then connect to scooter through Bluetooth.

Played music through phone, it was loud & okayish music quality. The navigation through Map my India & tried this to my office. First it showed the route correctly, however during the ride most of the time it was showing "searching GPS". Did not try Cruise control. The app show charging or not, battery status, kms run, range in different modes, scooter manual, helpdesk etc

Bugs found in 2 hours -
1. When unlocked through app, the screen displayed parking mode but the scooter handle was locked. Had to switch off manually & the did unlock through app, the handle was unlocked. The issue did not recur.
2. Morning I had charged scooter & when I came to office & locked the scooter, the app was showing scooter is charging, however this went off after few minutes.
3. Navigation was showing GPS searching many times and was connecting in between.
Attached Thumbnails
Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-screenshot_20220623093025_ola-electric.jpg  

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-screenshot_20220623093141_ola-electric.jpg  

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-screenshot_20220623093151_ola-electric.jpg  

HighOctane is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks