Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2022, 19:55   #826
BHPian

Re: Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review

This is my first post here on Team-BHP. I am the 37th OLA scooter customer in Bangalore and got it on Dec 15, 2021 at the OLA launch event in Koramangala, Bangalore.

In the beginning, there were problems with the Visual Display Unit (VDU) and it got resolved quickly with a new VDU. There were issues with the remaining charge not reflecting the actuals, for which OLA gave a hack of restarting the scooter pressing "R" and power button. I had to utilize their towing services a couple of times due to this and was frustrated.

But post the MoveOS2 upgrade, things have only got better with this scooter. The remaining charge is quite accurate now, the navigational maps are welcome though it does lose network quite frequently and like the option to listen to music over the speakers. The power, brakes, headlights and seat comfort have been good always and with the niggles removed, this very well serves my purpose in the city. Hope they start throwing in more accessories like Display Unit guards, better seat covers, etc.
PeteKing75 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 22:19   #827
BHPian

Ola’s attempt was promising but they rushed into production overlooking major safety and quality issues. The initial problems reported by users dented not just Ola’s image but put a question mark on the whole EV 2 Wheelers enthusiasm that seemed to be reaching new heights. A lot of effort by all the manufacturers and a great deal of positivity (like the one shown by you) are required to bring back the developments on track. In such a scenario, taking 10,000 for a loosely fit seat cover is like a deliberate attempt to bring further down the company’s reputation. Ola should stay away from typical market tactics employed by well established brands (though condemnable for them too) and should focus on keeping their customers super happy through quick resolutions, well attended ASS till they improve their product’s reliability and trust.
neochanger is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 09:10   #828
BHPian

Re: How I changed my mind from TVS Jupiter to a TVS iQube to an Ather 450x and then to an Ola S1 Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteKing75 View Post
But post the MoveOS2 upgrade, things have only got better with this scooter.
That is really reassuring. Thanks for this update! Everything is good so far, except a glitch that I have observed. Some times, I feel, the Odometer is in a hurry. I would have hardly done a kilometer and the Odo jumps by 2. I have observed this behaviour ON and OFF. Is this something you have noticed too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbowhistle View Post
I must say Congratulations first but YIKES, 10K for a seat cover I am pretty sure there are complete car seat covers available for less than 10k and much better fit than this. Is there any way to return it?
Thank you and yes, even I had the same feeling! I just did some push-n-pull and the seat-cover is well fit now. I did not really bother to explore returning it.

On another hand, I sent a query asking why the 21,000 for Performance Upgrade? And below is what I got from Ola Customer Support.

For customers who want that extra zing from their scooters when they zip around, we have a Performance Upgrade option provided for the S1 pro, it is not available for the S1. As part of the upgrade you would have access to multiple features such as Cruise Control, Hill-Hold and Hyper Mode for blistering performance. You can choose to have the Performance Upgrade removed by writing to support@olaelectric.com.

While we’ve tried to answer your query as best as we can, please feel free to write back to us if you have any further questions for us.

I do not intend to get the performance pack removed, however, was curious to understand what that 21K was for.
msarunms1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 10:14   #829
BHPian

Re: How I changed my mind from TVS Jupiter to a TVS iQube to an Ather 450x and then to an Ola S1 Pro

I have not observed this issue with the Odometer. The Odometer does not have decimals and therefore 840 Km might be actually 840.9 Km in reality. This could be the reason why you believe the Odometer is showing inaccurate results?
PeteKing75 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 10:47   #830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msarunms1987 View Post
Some times, I feel, the Odometer is in a hurry. I would have hardly done a kilometer and the Odo jumps by 2.
I think the speedometer and odometer work by GPS, and there is no input from the front wheel? And the odo shows rounded numbers only without any decimals. Either of these two could be the reason.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2022, 18:28   #831
Senior - BHPian

Ola Electric is offering a discount of Rs 10,000 on the S1 Pro for a limited period.

Last edited by Venkatesh : 26th September 2022 at 18:30.
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th September 2022, 07:16   #832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I think the speedometer and odometer work by GPS
I highly doubt this, but a good point. I will try to validate this. The latter makes sense though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteKing75 View Post
The Odometer does not have decimals and therefore 840 Km might be actually 840.9 Km in reality. This could be the reason why you believe the Odometer is showing inaccurate results?
Possible. I vaguely thought about this, but didn't bother to drill down into the details.

I plan to turn on my GPS based mobile fitness tracker next time when I ride, or even compare the distance with my ICE'age Gusto. And also, will start the tracking right from when the odometer reading has changed from x.9 to x+1. Will keep the forum posted.

I just hope I am wrong and that the ODO is not blowing up empty KMs, directly impacting my warranty of 60K Kms.
Old 27th September 2022, 14:22   #833
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I think the speedometer and odometer work by GPS, and there is no input from the front wheel?
You are correct, there is no input form the front wheel. But it is not linked to GPS, The speed is calculated by motor RPM.
hemanth.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 11:46   #834
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Ola Electric is offering a discount of Rs 10,000 on the S1 Pro for a limited period.
In fact, the Ola App on our phones, pops up such a 10 % message almost every day for its taxi users and more prominently after the fires.

Wonder that if most taxis users succumb to the offer and buy the Ola scooter with or without punch, will the Ola taxi user population curve show a southward trend?
anjan_c2007 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2022, 13:37   #835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
In fact, the Ola App on our phones, pops up such a 10 % message almost every day for its taxi users and more prominently after the fires.

Wonder that if most taxis users succumb to the offer and buy the Ola scooter with or without punch, will the Ola taxi user population curve show a southward trend?
If the motivation of going in a cab is to avoid driving in the traffic and being exposed to the elements, I doubt a large part of the cab market will switch over to 2 wheelers.

Ola electric has plans of releasing a car as well. If they manage to execute that well, then they get a big in-house market from Ola cabs.
That will pay out well for the founder as well.

https://marcellus.in/story/the-curio...ola-electric/#
Quote:
Today, Aggarwal owns a 40 percent stake in Ola Electric worth $400 million. He owns 6.7 percent of Ola, which puts the value of his holding in the company at $382 million. So, for having built Ola from scratch for nine years, Aggarwal’s stake in the company is worth less than what he managed to obtain in just a few months through Ola Electric.
Old 14th October 2022, 11:36   #836
BHPian

Ola S1 Electric Scooter Review-capture.jpg

There is one more news about Ola S1 Pro suspension break. Here are the links

https://www.cartoq.com/another-oia-s...ension-breaks/
https://www.timesnownews.com/auto/bi...ticle-94816161

Did this happen because of extra weight on footboard? This is one of the possibilities I can see. It is too early to comment on the product quality because I have personally spoken to many Ola S1 Pro owners here and they seem happy about the product quality. No such incident in my city till date.
turbodude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2022, 21:53   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodude View Post
Did this happen because of extra weight on footboard? This is one of the possibilities I can see. It is too early to comment on the product quality because I have personally spoken to many Ola S1 Pro owners here and they seem happy about the product quality. No such incident in my city till date.
Agree. I am very happy so far. In fact, the front suspension does a great job with 2 adults and a 4 year old kid.

It could have as well been a case of abuse - wheelie possibly?
It still hurts to say that many Honda Dio's are abused similarly by junkies and are just doing fine.
Old 21st October 2022, 20:00   #838

Ola has launched the S1 air, a basic version of the scooter retailing at 85k .

Notable changes I noticed :
Flat floor
Reinforced grab handles
No speakers or gimmicky features
Dual shock suspension

Now this seems good for all the people asking for a low cost no frills start and go electric scooter .
Pigcee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 17:43   #839
BHPian

Hello everyone.
This is my first post on team bhp. I have been a regular reader of this forum for the past 10 years

Coming to the point, I have been using the Ola s1 that comes with the 3kwh battery from almost 2 months. Now the range that the display shows in Normal mode is 102kms at full charge. But the software shifts the mode to Eco once the battery drops to 15% where the pickup is slow and i felt a bit risky too with pillion. And also considering that it's not recommended to drop the battery below 20% the usable range is more like 70 to 80kms with a mix of normal and sport mode.

Now considering similar factors for the new entry level offering of ola the usable range comes to around 60-70km which is still good for average city usage.

The only thing that ola needs to do is to be more transparent and fix their quality issues of the front fork suspension of the ola s1 and s1 pro models.
Old 22nd October 2022, 20:37   #840
BHPian

A slew of features & accessories was announced by Bhavesh Agarwal today. Details can be found in this video:

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks