Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2022, 20:37   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boringrider View Post
I am attributing this to the "new bike stiffness" and it should hopefully go away with time and usage. Or is there something I should look out for?

2. There is no visible fluid in the front disc brake fluid reservoir. There are no issues in the braking though. Is this normal?
A lot of your issues seem to be because it’s a new bike. No visible fluid in the reservoir is ridiculous to say the least, have you checked properly? It seems the pre-delivery inspection has not been done efficiently.

Please take it immediately to the service centre, let them know your issues and have them take a look at the bike thoroughly, especially the brake reservoir/fluid.

Do update on how things go.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2022, 22:43   #272
BHPian

Re: Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models

Quote:
Hi, I got my delivery of the Adventure just 10 days ago and had a few noob questions...
Congrats on the bike.

To answer your questions:
1> The clutch pull is a bit hard but it depends on what you're used to. From what I remember, it's definitely not as light as a 150 but it's easier than RE clutches. As for gear shifts, going from 1 to 2 and back smoothly is an issue on quite a few bikes. It might go away, but if you can make it a habit to shift from 1 to neutral and then to 2 and vice versa, it becomes a subconscious thing after sometime and you'd barely notice it. But first, ride a couple other Yezdis to see if this is only on your bike or not. If it is only on your bike, get it checked out by the company.

2> If the brake is working well, then there HAS to be fluid in the reservoir. It may not be apparent through the sight glass if the fluid used is colourless. If you're up to the task, just open up the brake reservoir and inspect it yourself. Be careful about spilling the fluid when you lift the gasket though. Brake fluid causes paint bubbling and accelerates rust formation. Keep a rag handy to wipe any drips.

3> Get it checked out at SVC.
drt_rdr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 10:53   #273
BHPian

Recently test rode all 3 of the Yezdi bikes, here are some of my observations.
Some context- I am a tall guy (6'2) and have a Himalayan that I have ridden a lot in the kind of terrain it was designed for.
Scrambler
- The chassis is very sorted, and it's a flick-able bike, the only problem for tall people is that it will start hurting the bottom of your palms because of the weird handlebar positioning. I get that it's made for being ridden while standing up, but that's often a tiny portion of the ride.

- Clutch is very finicky, and you get a very KTM-esque feel while riding it, it's not very forgiving or has a considerable margin for error. I loved it for the short time I rode it, but I can see it becoming a problem on any long ride.

Adventure
- Loved the Odometer placement, and didn't like almost everything else. Granted I might be biased while writing this, but the suspension is not as good as Himalayan's, the engine seems dead at the low end (which will be a problem if you're off the beaten path) and the seating position felt a bit like Himalayan seating position, just tilted a bit backward.

Roadster

Honestly, the most sorted of the bunch. Has a good seating position, rides well, and has a decent response from the engine. Yet couldn't justify it for the price point.

Some common points for all the bikes
- The bikes don't seem trouble-free, scrambler died on me during the ride and just wouldn't start for a long time.
- The fit and finish are not good, left-hand button cluster was very loose on all the bikes)
- Ergonomics are not that good, I had to always do a weird twist in my wrist to access the indicator
- ODO feels very aftermarket
lancia_fanboy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th August 2022, 12:03   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drt_rdr View Post

it depends on what you're used to.
I am used to a Honda Aviator from the last 7-8 years so no clue there. The test ride bike did have a slightly easier clutch and that had covered some 3000 odd kms so it's safe to assume that it's because of the newness and will lighten up with time or can be adjusted during services.

2> Regarding the brake fluid, I read that sometimes the fluid is in the brake lines but not in the reservoir so it might need a top up in that case. I don't have any experience working on bikes so I'm definitely not gonna open up anything anytime soon. Maybe I'll check once again in daylight or after riding for a while.

3> will definitely take up the suspension squealing noise during first service as it is scheduled in the next 10
15 days and my usage is anyway very less.

Thanks for the responses.
Old 6th November 2022, 19:49   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Having ridden my Yezdi Adventure for about 1400 kms, 3 months and mandatory first service over...
Got some time to take the Yezdi for a long ride (was visiting my native for chhatt). Start odo was about 3700 kms and ended at 7785 kms. The 4k odd kilometers spread over some good highway tarmac, breaker infested signals, some broken roads and no roads, from Deccan to Malwa, across Vindhyas to Gangetic plains and back. Temperature ranged between 35c to 17c. The route taken was:

Pune -> Indore -> Guna -> Shivpuri -> Jhansi -> Kanpur -> Lucknow -> Gorakhpur -> Darbhanga -> Chhapra -> Aarra -> Varanasi -> Rewa -> Jabalpur -> Bhedaghat -> Pench -> Nagpur -> Amravati -> Jalna -> Aurangabad -> Pune

I had a Himalayan rider as company. We did Pune to Biaora (near Guna), some 820+ kms on day1 and averaged about 500-600kms on rest of the days, dawn to dusk. We cruised between 90-110 kmph mostly, with occasional busts of 120s on my Yezdi. Himalayan had a "oil temperature sensor" with check engine light issue near Arrah, probably due to sustained high-speed catching up with Yezdi. Luckily it was not a big issue as engine was still firing and we continued cautiously up to Mohania where a RE service centre scanned the issue and assured it won't damage as oil flow was okay. The part was finally replaced at a dealer in Varanasi. Both RE service centres gave us a good support .

My Yezdi ran flawlessly without any such drama, just the fork gaiters (rubber sleeve to protect from dust) were cracked by the time we reached Pench on return journey. I can understand this because we didn't slow down for any pot holes or off/no roads :-) .

Both bikes needed a couple of chain tightening and lubing on the road and returned about 32-33 kmpl on the trip. Overall, thoroughly enjoyed the trip and how Yezdi managed to cover the distances .

Here are some pictures from the ride.

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-pic1.jpg
After crossing Mirzapur in UP

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-pic3.jpg
Sunset before Amravati

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-pic4.jpg
Sindh river dam between Shivpuri and Jhansi

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-pic6.jpg
Pitstop near Seoni, MP

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-pic7.jpg
Beautiful Vindhyachal top between Mirzapur and Rewa

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-pic5.jpg
5am kick-start from Pune

Quote:

1. ...The clutch, the shifting. I can hear the shifting thuds sometimes. ...

2. There is no visible fluid in the front disc brake fluid reservoir...

3. ... a squealing noise. I think it's from the rear suspension but I don't know...
Sorry for the late revert. This slipped my attention.

1. Yes clutch is hard (harder than my FatBoy) and 1-2 gear shift is notchy. Have gotten used to it now. Keep maintaining the foot pressure when you shift (needs some practice) and it will slot alright.

2. New bike fluid is nearly transparent, look carefully. Also, when the bike is tilted on side-stand the fluid (if low) can be hard to see at glass.

3. Looks unusual, maybe brake dust or something. Should go away after a quick wash and lubing.

Cheers,
-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 6th November 2022 at 19:56. Reason: indentation
bj96 is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 12:43   #276

Owners take on Yezdi Scrambler.

I liked the design language of the Yezdi scambler from the day it was launched. The tall stance, dual exhaust (ironic), and comfortable ride position. There were other good better bikes in the market and I compared it with other bikes like the KTM 250 Adv, honda 300, or TVS 310. Second an emotional decision to bring back home a yezdi. So in September 2022 I brought home, the Yezdi scrambler ignoring a lot of minor issues that got highlighted in the blogs, forums and youtube. After running it for 3000 kms mostly on the highway following are my observations.

Cons
1. Heavy clutch- may be the engineers wanted to teach the riders clutchless riding. If you keep the revs in check you can seamlessly upshift and downshift without the clutch. But in bumper-to-bumper traffic the heavy clutch is a pain
2. Noisy engine - When the engine is cold and is reved, this motor is nosiy, However, once it's warm you can only hear the exhaust note.
3. Tyre - It's difficult at some petrol pumps to get air in the rear tyre.

Above were the only cons i faced. Following are the pros.

1. Very comfortable to ride on the highway you can cruise without any problem between 90 to 120 KMPH.
2. Is very planted on the highway, but plan your overtake on the highway
3. It is amazing on offroad section. I would say have fun with this machine on offroad. But remember to change the mode to offroad as I would have fallen of the bike downhill as ABS left the break when I needed it the most.

Suggestions for Yezdi on accessories
1. You cannot clean the headlight wwith the grill installed. Very bad design
2. Tthe handlebar weights need to be changed as they make the handle bar heavy
3. Paint issues - I had to get my tank replaced just after i got the bike.
4. Few owners that i know faced battery issues
Attached Thumbnails
Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-20220911_084344.jpg  

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img_20221228_122322.jpg  

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img20220626wa0011.jpg  

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img20220904wa0000.jpg  

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img20220904wa0026.jpg  

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-img20220820183718.jpg  

Mandeep0172 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th February 2023, 23:28   #277
BHPian

Had a Rs. 1000 Royal Brothers voucher which was expiring soon, so decided to rent out a bike for this weekend. It was a pretty last-minute decision, so not many bikes were available for the weekend. Was hoping to get hold of an Interceptor 650 but it wasn’t available, so, my options were:
• Classic 350
• Duke 200
• Yezdi Scrambler
• V-Strom 250

Decided to try out the Yezdi Scrambler as I have never ridden a scrambler before, neither have I ridden any of the Yezdis. Thought it would be a good change from my Meteor 350 So went ahead and booked it from the Royal Brothers Marathalli branch and did 257 kms on it over the weekend.

Here are my thoughts on the bike after a weekend’s usage in both city and highway conditions.
PROS
• Looks: The biggest strength of the bike is it’s looks. It is a gorgeous looking machine and grabs eyeballs on the road. It is perfectly proportioned and looks beautiful just standing still. Much better than it’s direct competitor the Scram 411.
• Gearbox: The 6 speed gearbox of the Scrambler was a pleasant surprise. The shifts felt crisp and there were no false neutrals. The downshifts especially felt really sharp and I thoroughly enjoyed going through the gears.
• Brakes: My opinion on this might be skewed because I am used to the brakes on the Meteor, which are bang average. But the brakes on the Yezdi were very confidence inspiring and had great initial bite. They were predictable and even the ABS calibration was executed well.
• Performance: The 334cc engine is a strong performer and can quite easily reach triple digit speeds. The low end grunt is a bit lacking but the mid range and top end are strong and makes for a lot of fun while making quick sprints.

So-So
• Ride Quality: The Scrambler is setup stiff. It is not intolerably stiff but you will feel the road surface through your bottom. The suspension does improve as the speeds rise but somehow, it never feels fully settled. Unless the road is absolutely flat, you do bounce around a fair bit irrespective of the speed.
• Fit & Finish: Classic Legends still have a long way to go in the quality and finesse departments. There were several ugly welds and oddly enough, the tail rack didn’t seem to be aligned with the centre of the bike. There were spots of rust starting to appear in places too. The fuel filler cap wasn’t locking in place correctly. The switchgear were showing signs of wear with the symbols fading on a bike with just 8k kms on the odo.
CONS
• Refinement: This engine is honestly a mess when it comes to NVH levels. It sounds trashy even at idle and there is a very narrow band where it feels smooth. There are vibrations on the bars, pegs, seat and tank. 6th gear at 95-100 is about as fast you can go before it becomes too buzzy. This is a shame given the amount of performance it still has in reserve but just cannot be used sustainably.
• Heat: The engine gets really hot, really soon. After just 5 minutes in slow moving traffic, the fan kicked in and I could feel the heat on my legs despite wearing riding boots and jeans. Even cruising at 90 on the highway, the engine gets hotter than it should.
• Clutch: I always thought the clutch on my Meteor was already heavy, but boy does the Scramblers clutch make the one on my RE almost feel like a slip & assist clutch. My hands were in so much pain after 15 minutes of stop go traffic that I just decided to park up at a coffee shop to take a break and let the traffic subside.
• Fuelling: I don’t know if this was an issue with this particular bike or if it is a general one, but there is something seriously wrong with the fuelling of the bike. The rpms just keep fluctuating. Even at idle, the engine was sputtering. This becomes even worse when you try to maintain a constant speed because the engine never feels settled and the rpm keeps jumping up and down causing a weird sputtering effect while trying to cruise.
• Seat: The seat is way too soft and you kind of sink into it and are sitting on the rails after like 30-45 minutes of riding. Also the seat severely rakes up and this angle isn’t comfortable for pillions.

Conclusion
The Scrambler is a very fun bike when you wring it out. But in most other scenarios, it is a compromised and unfinished motorcycle. Classic Legends as a brand have a lot to improve on and that is the case with all their products currently too. They make machines that are great to look at but difficult to live with.

PS: These are just my opinions and not meant to offend owners of Yezdi bikes. My observations might also be skewed because of it being a rental bike.

Yezdi Motorcycle Brand relaunched with Adventure, Scrambler & Roadster models-whatsapp-image-20230205-23.27.00.jpg
rahulcmoulee is offline   (28) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 15:31   #278

Your review is spot on I can confirm because I just got myself a Jawa Forty Two and it's similar story
FENDER_BENDER is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 07:41   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
• Fuelling: I don’t know if this was an issue with this particular bike or if it is a general one, but there is something seriously wrong with the fuelling of the bike. The rpms just keep fluctuating. Even at idle, the engine was sputtering. This becomes even worse when you try to maintain a constant speed because the engine never feels settled and the rpm keeps jumping up and down causing a weird sputtering effect while trying to cruise.
It's the same story on my Adventure. The engine has so much potential, it's a shame what they've done with it
TheReebee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 10:14   #280
BANNED

I have Yezdi roadster. There are trade offs. But in this category there are no other bikes which are liquid cooled and comfortable to ride. Duke doesn't offer the seat height of 790 mm. I had compared Meteor, Honda CB Highness, RS and Yezdi. Since I do long drives, having good pickup post 80+ KMPH, Tubeless tires were also important to me. Everytime I ride the bike to office or on a long drive, it puts a smile on my face.

Last edited by NSK123 : 8th February 2023 at 10:14. Reason: Deleted repeated words
NSK123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 10:18   #281
BANNED

I have both RE Thunderbird 350 & Yezdi Roadster. If I say I am doing a long drive in RE instead of Yezdi many in my known circle get excited. That's the name RE has built despite the shortfalls in their products.
NSK123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 10:36   #282

I intend to buy a motorcycle for my day to day use and occasional long trips. I had test ride of Jawa 42, Yezdi Roadster, Honda Hiness and RE Meteor 350. Zeroed on Hiness and Meteor. My better half found pillion comfort better in Meteor. Since you own Meteor , kindly help me in choosing between these two bikes.
Old 8th February 2023, 10:52   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suchguru View Post
I intend to buy a motorcycle for my day to day use and occasional long trips. I had test ride of Jawa 42, Yezdi Roadster, Honda Hiness and RE Meteor 350. Zeroed on Hiness and Meteor. My better half found pillion comfort better in Meteor. Since you own Meteor , kindly help me in choosing between these two bikes.
My use case is similar to yours, daily commutes and occasional long rides. If pillion comfort is important, then I recommend you test ride the Classic 350 too. It has the best pillion seat in this segment. Between the Meteor and the CB350, I prefer the Meteor because the engine is much more tractable in the city and it has enough power to cruise at 90-95 on the highway effortlessly. The gearing of the CB350 robs it of any fun in the city and this was the main swinging point for me.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th February 2023, 17:40   #284
BHPian

Yezdi/Jawa is very unfinished product, It cannot stand in front of RE/Honda. I fell in love with the Jawa twins when it got launched, so much so that i went ahead and booked the 42 without test riding it, thankfully the waiting time was high those days, i got a chance to TD it extensively and cancelled the booking immediately post TD.
They messed up on the seats/suspension/engine tuning and what not, except the eye catching looks nothing felt good for me. But i do see there are still folks who likes it.

Recently rode the latest generation Roadster as well, nothing much changed from what i experienced before, except that drop dead gorgeous looks, its nothing!.
DRIVE_ADDICT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2023, 10:46   #285
Senior - BHPian

Yezdi/Jawa 2022 sales figures?

Any full year sales figures for Mahindra's two wheeler division? Surely they'd have their 2022 results readied by now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks