Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2023, 21:21   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
Just in case for people who think iQube's styling is not great, IMHO, it is quite International and forward looking in it's design language. Here are some electric scooter concepts from BMW and Husqvarna for comparison :
Sorry but the iCube is no match for the others you have posted. The iCube concept was nice though. The production iCube is just ugly. TVS already has 2 well styled vehicles; the conservative Jupiter that appeals to the older crowd (though the young would also not mind it) and the flamboyant NTorq for the younger crowd. They could have done something like either one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
We don’t need subscription models or too many gimmicks. Good range and reliability is what majority prefer(reason why activa sells).
+1 to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
1. The hub motor - While it looks good on paper, the hub motors don't really give a good riding experience on road.
After styling this is the 2nd reason why I won't consider it.

Quote:
That said, I feel iQube will heal all the damage that Ola has done for EV adoption in general. No unrealistic claims/social media gimmicks - They are just doing what they are good at...building mass market scooters.
Agree with this fully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hajaar View Post
I have an Ather. I am looking to change my other petrol scooter (a cliq) to an electric variant. Is the iQube a decent competitor to Ather? And does anyone if we can use the same charging port as the Ather for the iQube.
If you have an Ather you already have the best features. iCube is a good choice for a 2nd scooter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohaak View Post
People tend to forget something called fast charging and the Ather grid fast charging network. It doesn't matter what the scooter range is.
Ather Grid is one of the best things they have done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
This is such a massive and significant point! Can't understand why Ather and other EV manufacturers can't just standardize chargers, so any EV can use any charging station.
Well Ather has offered it's charging standard free of cost to other manufacturers. If adopted, everyone can use fast charging at Ather Grids and Ather users can use other fast charging stations. Don't know why others are not adopting it.
pedrolourenco is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 01:44   #137
BHPian

Any news on the iQube ST? Its been more than a year since I booked it and the portal just keeps pushing the delivery month ahead with every passing month. I'm thinking of canceling the booking now.
Old 6th October 2023, 10:09   #138
Senior - BHPian

TVS iQube e-scooter sales cross the 2 lakh unit mark

TVS claims to have sold over 2 lakh units of the iQube electric scooter in India, becoming the first legacy brand to achieve this milestone.

2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-electricverient.png

It took more than 3 years for TVS to achieve 1 lakh unit sales of the iQube e-scooter. However, the next 1 lakh units were sold in just 10 months. Moreover, TVS sold 96,561 e-scooters in the first six months of the current fiscal alone.

The TVS iQube is available in two variants: standard and S, priced at Rs 1.24 lakh and Rs 1.39 lakh (on-road price inclusive of FAME-II subsidy), respectively.

The iQube uses a lithium-ion battery pack. It powers a hub-mounted electric motor that has an output of 6 BHP. The iQube and iQube S variants have a claimed top speed of 78 km/h and can cover 140 km on a single charge.

Among legacy players, the Bajaj Chetak is the iQube's main rival. It also competes with EV startups like Ola Electric and Ather Energy.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 6th October 2023 at 10:10.
TusharK is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 16:10   #139
Team-BHP Support

In terms of ubiquitous presence in West Bangalore streets, I see -

iQube (highest frequency of spotting)
Ather
Ola S1
Chinese imports/little known brands (Eg: Okinawa)
Bajaj Chetak (rarity on our roads)
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 17:46   #140
Senior - BHPian

In my area the most EV two wheelers I see are in the following order.

1) iQube

2) Ather 450

3) Ola S1/ Pro

4) Hero/Owinawa/eRoyce (seems to be a popular load carrier capable of carrying 200 kg))/various other Chinese. Chetak is very rare.

5) A Chinese model called "Vzpa" which is a near replca of current Vespa models. This seems quite popular.

6) Revolt Ev motorbike. This seems popular with food delivery/courier delivery guys.

Also, 90% of the "last mile cargo vehicles" I see are all EV three wheelers.
Gansan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 07:59   #141
BHPian

Apologies for bumping this thread. I'm looking to purchase a BEV scooter in Kolkata for an elderly person so ride comfort, ease of use and reliability are much more important over features and gizmos.

Considering that Ather is largely based in Bangalore, will it make sense to go for an national brand like TVS iQube S? I'm also ready to go for an Ather if it's the overall better product.

Advice would be very helpful. Thanks.
Old 4th January 2024, 08:22   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
ride comfort, ease of use and reliability are much more important over features and gizmos.
You have the answer, the iQube is a no-nonsense comfortable city commuter and suits all your requirements. Only thing that irked me about the iQube is that there are no free services and you'll have to pay a minimum 600 Rs just for oiling and other inspection.
Venky03 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks