Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2023, 10:28   #106
BHPian

Re: 2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush Kanthak View Post
We are planning to get the Iqube, could someone shed light on the comfort part?
I've been using iQube for past 5 months - 1400kms done and I would say its pretty comfortable.

Please see my post above (2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564)

As I have mentioned, it is quite heavy. So, better test-ride it a couple of times. Otherwise, I would definitely recommend it.

Cheers!
Old 22nd January 2023, 10:32   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post

4. No way (or at least that is what I was told) to install a small basket in the front footboard area. I have a TVS-Scooty which has a small carrier in which my wife would usually put her mobile and wallet while riding. In iQube though, we will have to open the under-seat storage for everything.
I have found a workaround for the front-basket and I have documented it as a separate thread here.

2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-ialldone.jpg

Find it extremely useful.

Cheers!

Last edited by callvvijay : 22nd January 2023 at 10:34.
callvvijay is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 11:11   #108
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
I've been using iQube for past 5 months - 1400kms done and I would say its pretty comfortable

As I have mentioned, it is quite heavy. So, better test-ride it a couple of times. Otherwise, I would definitely recommend it.

Cheers!
Thanks for the update.
Does it have dual suspension setup at the rear?
Did you try adjusting the suspension using the knob on the spring?
What range are you getting?
Old 22nd January 2023, 22:31   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the update.
Does it have dual suspension setup at the rear?
Did you try adjusting the suspension using the knob on the spring?
What range are you getting?
Dual suspension.
Regarding the suspension knob - haven't bothered adjusting it ever.

Range: A mix of Eco:Power mode at 70:30 ratio gives a real world range of 90-100 kms.

Cheers!
Old 23rd January 2023, 11:48   #110
BHPian

One of the known persons who bought iqube-s told that there is no free service for iqube. He took it for service to the TVS dealer Bharath Automobile in Jayanagar and they charged him 650 odd rupees for his first service.

On looking at their website, I found that there are no free services.

I feel the first three services should be free for the electric vehicle just like the ICE counterpart and the cost reduction should not be shown here.
Old 27th January 2023, 07:33   #111
BANNED

Has anyone had a puncture recently? How will the tyre be replaced with the hub motor in the way? Can someone please explain.
Old 30th January 2023, 11:56   #112
BHPian

I have booked a TVS iQube at TVS - Synergy Autokraft, Banashankari 3rd stage, with booking amount 5000/-

One peculiar thing was that the salesperson told me I cannot do a PDI without paying full amount. According to him, after paying the full amount the VIN Number will be allocated. After that it will take 10 days to deliver the vehicle with that VIN number. He showed me a couple of receipts from other customers paying full amount and getting the VIN number.

Requesting advice from the community members regarding this. Generally after seeing the vehicle, the full amount is paid. Is the sales-person bluffing?
Old 7th February 2023, 10:59   #113
BHPian

I logged in to the TVS iQube portal today to check the 'new' delivery timelines. Guess what? I guess they have a nice auto-increment algorithm there.
Attached Thumbnails
2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-tvs-iqube.png  

Old 16th February 2023, 18:25   #114

Re: Pathetic buying experience of TVS I-Qube S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SID7115 View Post
I came across this thread just at the right time!!!
Hi,
Sorry to hear about your experience. My personal opinion, if you can wait for Honda or Suzuki to launch their electric vehicle, it will be worthwhile. Can you consider any ICE scooters, instead of EV?

Last edited by aah78 : 18th February 2023 at 06:21. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please quote relevant sections of posts only. Thanks!
Old 17th February 2023, 22:41   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikrao23 View Post
Hi,
Sorry to hear about your experience. My personal opinion, if you can wait for Honda or Suzuki to launch their electric vehicle, it will be worthwhile. Can you consider any ICE scooters, instead of EV?
Hi karthikrao23,
Thank you so much for your suggestions, but we just took delivery of our iQube S Matte Blue on 7th February. I am sorry that I couldn't post anything more about it due to my exams.
We got a confirmation from the dealer during the last week of January. Actually, the dealer just got a fresh lot of the iQube S variant (2023 make I guess) and ours was one among 3 Matte Blue vehicles the dealer had procured.
(the demand is so much the next vehicle number in the RTO after ours is also a Matte Blue iQube S!!)

As far as Suzuki and Honda are concerned, I am eagerly waiting for scoops on their EVs. We had recently checked out both the Access 125 and the Activa for a friend and my Dad simply loved the Access. We had a good dealership experience too,

The reason behind choosing TVS was because they have a wide network in our area (even for the iQube) and we have had a good experience with them for our past scooters as well (we had a Scooty Pep+ and a Jupiter before this).

I will surely post a detailed review with photos soon

Thanks
Cheers
Sid
SID7115 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2023, 19:01   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by SID7115 View Post
Hi karthikrao23,
Thank you so much for your suggestions, but we just took delivery of our iQube S Matte Blue on 7th February. I am sorry that I couldn't post anything more about it due to my exams.
We got a confirmation from the dealer during the last week of January. Actually, the dealer just got a fresh lot of the iQube S variant (2023 make I guess) and ours was one among 3 Matte Blue vehicles the dealer had procured.
(the demand is so much the next vehicle number in the RTO after ours is also a Matte Blue iQube S!!)

As far as Suzuki and Honda are concerned, I am eagerly waiting for scoops on their EVs. We had recently checked out both the Access 125 and the Activa for a friend and my Dad simply loved the Access. We had a good dealership experience too,

The reason behind choosing TVS was because they have a wide network in our area (even for the iQube) and we have had a good experience with them for our past scooters as well (we had a Scooty Pep+ and a Jupiter before this).

I will surely post a detailed review with photos soon

Thanks
Cheers
Sid
Congrats! Hopeful & wish you have a great ownership experience. Good luck.
karthikrao23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2023, 11:25   #117
BHPian

Lol! That is such a vague statement. Which week? Which month?
Attached Thumbnails
2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-iqube.png  

Old 7th March 2023, 09:15   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicCharcoal View Post
One peculiar thing was that the salesperson told me I cannot do a PDI without paying full amount. According to him, after paying the full amount the VIN Number will be allocated. After that it will take 10 days to deliver the vehicle with that VIN number. He showed me a couple of receipts from other customers paying full amount and getting the VIN number.
How can you do PDI if VIN number is allotted to you and you have already made full payment. You have to buy it regardless of defects in PDI.

The salesperson is bluffing. Taking advantage of time. Talk to another dealer or wait. Please do not take decisions by force from salespeople. It is better to wait.

I purchased over dozen vehicles for my firm in Bangalore. Each time I purchased, I saw the vehicle, started the bike, felt the sound and then after inspection (including tyres), I selected the vehicle and then paid the full amount.

Companies are making people bakra now, with this online sales, where some status gets updated like Fedex or Ekart tracking number and we end up with the vehicle regardless of defects. I suggest waiting or changing the dealership.
Old 7th March 2023, 09:28   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone had a puncture recently? How will the tyre be replaced with the hub motor in the way? Can someone please explain.
This is the reason, I canceled my booking on Bounce, TVS icube. I asked this question to bounce representative on test ride meet on how will you change tyres with the motor in the middle. Got a very very smart answer. He said, "please call our customer support and they will do it for you."

The problem will come when your tires are old and at some point, puncture repair cannot be done and you have to change the whole tire. At that point (say 40,000Kms or more) if you meet with a dreaded picture where you have to change the whole tire at the puncture shop, then you have to face your luck with the hammer guy trying to pull out the tire.

I have never seen any tire change on hub mounted two wheeler. And one mechanic who had to change such a tire asked the customer to go to showroom.
pogo0120 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 12:36   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo0120 View Post

I have never seen any tire change on hub mounted two wheeler. And one mechanic who had to change such a tire asked the customer to go to showroom.
I have an electric scooter with hub motor, it came with tubed tyres and I had to change the tube on the rear one. Local road side puncture guy right in my lane did it easily. I was chatting with him to know if he knows of any special care to take with the hub motor and wiring and understood from him that the milk and laundry guys who supply to our locality also have e scooters now, the milk guy has 3 of them, all with hub motor + tubed tyres! And they all come to him for puncture repair. He also offered me that he can change mine to tubeless. When I am due for a tyre change, I am going to get a tubeless upgrade right in my lane!
anandpadhye is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks