Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2022, 11:37   #46
BHPian

Re: 2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564

Just in case for people who think iQube's styling is not great, IMHO, it is quite International and forward looking in it's design language. Here are some electric scooter concepts from BMW and Husqvarna for comparison :

BMW CE 04
2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-bmw-ce04.jpeg

Husqvarna Vektorr
2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-husky-viktorr.jpeg

TVS iQube
2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-iqube.jpeg

Last edited by carthick1000 : 28th May 2022 at 11:49.
carthick1000 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 14:16   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post

The reason for not choosing the Ather is its price is too high for the range. Also, the noise is too high and irritating, especially at lower speeds. Ather's performance and ride quality are very good.
People tend to forget something called fast charging and the Ather grid fast charging network. It doesn't matter what the scooter range is. When you are in a pinch, you need the ability to quickly add some range. My daughter experienced this first hand yesterday when she was low on charge and some 25KMs away. It just took 10-15mins of fast charging to sort out the problem.
ohaak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 18:14   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohaak View Post
People tend to forget something called fast charging and the Ather grid fast charging network. It doesn't matter what the scooter range is. When you are in a pinch, you need the ability to quickly add some range. My daughter experienced this first hand yesterday when she was low on charge and some 25KMs away. It just took 10-15mins of fast charging to sort out the problem.
Even if we consider the Ather grid, TVS iQube (ST) is still a much better choice over Ather 450X.
  • TVS iQube ST has a 145 km range compared to an 85 km range on Ather 450X. That's 70% more range. I don't think anyone needs more than a 145 km range unless you are traveling outside cities in which case the Ather grid won't help either as there are no Ather charging points outside cities. With such a higher range, you won't have any range anxiety. I would rather have an EV with a 145 km range everyday morning than an EV with an 85 km range and need to wait an hour on the road to get it charged.
  • TVS iQube ST also has an option of a home fast charger of 1.5KW capacity. You can use this to charge at any 15A socket or even Ather grids and get an ~50 km range an hour which is only slightly lesser than the range you get with an hour of charge for 450X at an Ather grid.
  • Ather grid is very limited. The entire city of Hyderabad has less than 10 grids and expansion is very slow. Some of the chargers won't be available 24x7. Some are in general parking lots which might get blocked by other vehicles. They might remove any of the chargers at any time. The app is not reliable to show the accurate status of the charger and we don't know if the charger is really working or not until we go there.
  • Public charging stations with 15A sockets are much more common than the Ather grids. For example, my office parking lot has more EV charging sockets than the number of Ather grids in the whole of Hyderabad.

Last edited by sri_tesla : 1st June 2022 at 18:19.
sri_tesla is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 11:16   #49
BHPian

Have been useing a TVS Wego since 2011, A lovely underrated scooter, Finally its time for a shift.

Decided and booked the TVS I-Qube ST, Dont mind the waiting.

1. The product is a tested one, Upgrades would only make it better.

2. Trust of TVS, The showroom and service station near our house is an excellent one
Top not servicing, Known faces just add to the experience and peace of mind.

3. The Range is confidence inspiring and by the looks of the pricing should also undercut
competition by a fair margin.

4. Caters to all members of the family,
For me -its quick, has all the bells and whistles competition offers.
For Parents - Comfortable seating position even for the pillion, Conventional
scooter looks. Has a key to operate th vehicle. Not very Hi-Techy.

5. Would get the reviews of the IQube S in the next couple of months before the ST
starts production.

Only hope that the production capacity is pushed enough to sustain the deliveries, The dealers on ground say atleast 4 months for ST to arrive. That means by October. The dealerships have absolutely no idea of even the OTR pricing of the new I-Qube and I-Qube S and completely unaware of their deliveries as well. Lotus TVS (Coimbatore's biggest TVS dealer) in Coimbatore didnt have a display vehicle yet of the 2 new launched I-Qubes.

Hero Moto Corp Launches its Flaghip Electric scooter under the brand name VIDA during the festive season. That should also be a good competitor to Ather, OLA and TVS.
JShah is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 17:45   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

I took a small and quick test ride of the new iQube last week. The dealer didn't have the ST variant.

What I liked:
  • Neutral used-to petrol scooter like looks
  • Flipkey like cars (although it could've been made from better quality plastics)
  • Good range. People with low usage can even charge it once in a few days.
  • Hazard lamp
  • Centre stand
  • Vehicle won't start with side stand opened.
  • All features that one would need and some more are present.

What I didn't like:
  • Start is still Jerky (not as jerky as Okinawas but not as good as 450x/Chetak/S1). just a matter of getting used to IMO.
  • Eerily quiet. There should be some sort of sound (thankfully TVS has not added artificial sounds)
  • Overall build quality could've been better for the pricetag. But by no means "cheap"

Test ride experience:

Saturday Morning I casually called up the dealership near my home and they said test ride vehicles are available and I can walk-in anytime. Only thing was ST variant wasn't available. I was going that way in the evening and decided to check it out. The vehicle was available and in hardly 2 minutes I got the vehicle.

From a looks point of view, there's hardly anything new. it looks like any other petrol scooter out there. TVS has just continued with the offend-none design language. May not appeal youngsters though.
From centre stand to one sided foot rest for saree clad people, everything is given.

2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-20220528_173803.jpg

2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-20220528_173757.jpg

The car-like flipkey is cool but should've been made from better quality plastic. Parts of the key were already loose and didn't look like it'll age well.

2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-20220528_173520.jpg

The seat height is good for majority of the users and even short people won't have any complaints touching the ground with their feet. Ergonomics with respect to switchgear on the handle is all in common places and anyone who had ridden a scooter in the past will feel at home immediately. The hazard light switch is a nice addition but expect lot of those things to be switched on even during a drizzle! Brake lock on the left brake handle is nice. The screen could've been a bit more brighter but not really bad. Mirrors offer good rear view.

2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-20220528_173505.jpg

Boot space is big and adequate, USB charging socket also is present.

2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-20220528_173743.jpg

After turning on the key and closing the side stand, I started scooter. as someone had writen above, the boot up screen takes some time and vehicle doesn't move this boot sequence is completed. if you want to make a quick start and go, it is not possible.

When we accelerate, the power delivery from the hub motor is abrupt and can take new riders by surprise especially in power mode. but it is still very well controlled unlike the 100s of Chinese contraptions. Once yo get used it, you won't notice that. it climbs up speed quickly and silently and feels really good. It's not powerful as the Ola but not a slowpoke by any means. Using the mode switch, eco and power modes can be swapped anytime during the ride. in a standstill long pressing the mode button changes to revere and back. I tried one really inclined section once alone and once with wife and daughter and it did it without breaking a sweat.

Overall, it is a good scooter for anybody who wants a beater vehicle to run errands and normal office usage. with 100+kms range, most people would be really worry-free. be it design or riding, nothing is for an enthusiast's tastes but enthusiasts probably make 10% of the market. For me, I will not buy; for riders like my father, there is nothing more that I can ask for. I'll take a detailed look when ST arrives and after that will decide whether to book this or not
hemanth.anand is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 18:04   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Public charging stations with 15A sockets are much more common than the Ather grids. For example, my office parking lot has more EV charging sockets than the number of Ather grids in the whole of Hyderabad.
This is such a massive and significant point! Can't understand why Ather and other EV manufacturers can't just standardize chargers, so any EV can use any charging station.
am1m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2022, 21:43   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I took a small and quick test ride of the new iQube last week. The dealer didn't have the ST variant.
I think the test ride you did is with the old iQube. The range remaining in power mode in the test ride vehicle is showing just 32 km at 59% SoC in the image you posted. The new iQube range would be around 45 km at 59% SoC in power mode. Also, there is no way ODO would be 3000+ km if it's new iQube as it only reached dealers in the last week of May. Most of the dealers are still using the old iQube for test rides.

Anyway, the major difference between the new base iQube and the old iQube is the battery and range. The motor power and almost all the other hardware and software parts are the same. TVS is delivering the new base iQube to all those who booked the old iQube in the last 2-3 months. They have not dispatched any iQube S variants to the dealers yet.

Last edited by sri_tesla : 7th June 2022 at 21:48.
sri_tesla is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th June 2022, 21:49   #53
BHPian

It looks like switching between drive modes (Eco <> Power) cannot be done on the fly. This is definitely a bummer and I hope TVS fixes this in future. The switching is done by pressing the brakes and drive mode selector together. It doesn't make sense to come to a standstill in order to change a drive setting. Pressing the above combination is agreeable while switching between forward and reverse, but not acceptable to switch between eco-power modes.

08:20-08:40

Last edited by carthick1000 : 14th June 2022 at 22:09.
carthick1000 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 07:48   #54
BHPian

Looks like iQube-S variant has started reaching the showrooms. I see a video review from a showroom in Raipur - uploaded 2 days back.

The above link is a comparison between the base model and the 'S' variant. The same channel also has a ride review.

Does anyone here have more info on the S ?

Cheers!
callvvijay is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 17th June 2022, 09:04   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carthick1000 View Post
It looks like switching between drive modes (Eco <> Power) cannot be done on the fly. This is definitely a bummer and I hope TVS fixes this in future. The switching is done by pressing the brakes and drive mode selector together. It doesn't make sense to come to a standstill in order to change a drive setting. Pressing the above combination is agreeable while switching between forward and reverse, but not acceptable to switch between eco-power modes.

08:20-08:40
We can switch between the modes on the fly without coming to standstill. I already did a test ride and was able to change the modes while riding on the fly. You can see the same in the video linked by callvvijay at around 9:32 timestamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
Looks like iQube-S variant has started reaching the showrooms. I see a video review from a showroom in Raipur - uploaded 2 days back.

Does anyone here have more info on the S ?
I also checked out the iQube S recently in a nearby dealership in Hyderabad. They got a single iQube S for showroom display but it was in the stockyard when I went there. We can change the settings using a joystick. While it may not be as intuitive as a touchscreen, it's still easy and UI is intuitive to make use of the Joystick. We can make the changes like display themes (dark, light), brightness, sound, etc.... I couldn't take many pictures except the below one showing the charging status.

As of now the deliveries for iQube S have not started. They are still delivering the base iQube to those who booked the old iQube in March and April. There were around 25 base iQubes ready for deliveries in the stockyard.

2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-iqubes.png
sri_tesla is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 11:37   #56
BHPian

Quote:

I also checked out the iQube S recently in a nearby dealership in Hyderabad. They got a single iQube S for showroom display but it was in the stockyard when I went there.

As of now the deliveries for iQube S have not started. They are still delivering the base iQube to those who booked the old iQube in March and April.
Hi sri_tesla / others, Any update on your booking?

Last week, I had received an email from TVS stating that my iQube-S would be delivered by July-31st. Been to the dealership over the weekend and they, however, were non-committal about the delivery though.

Cheers!
callvvijay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th July 2022, 20:04   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callvvijay View Post
Hi sri_tesla / others, Any update on your booking?

Last week, I had received an email from TVS stating that my iQube-S would be delivered by July-31st. Been to the dealership over the weekend and they, however, were non-committal about the delivery though.

Cheers!
Yes. I also received the same mail on July 5th (see below image). My friend who booked along with me also got the same mail. I called the dealership and TVS customer care but looks like they don't have any clue about it. The dealer said, they will call us once the vehicle reaches the dealership.

sri_tesla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 12:58   #58
BHPian

Extremely disappointed that the delivery timeline for the iQube ST has changed from "August onwards" to "September onwards"! I am now worried if the "Dec-2022" estimate given by one of the dealerships is more realistic than what I see on the portal.

2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-screenshot-20220712-125431.png

I just test rode the Ola S1 Pro today and I must say, I am pretty impressed. I got tempted to cancel the iQube ST booking (considering the waiting and postponement of delivery), but the innumerous complaints on Ola scooters ask me to hang in there.

What are other BHP'ians doing?
msarunms1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 09:25   #59
BHPian

I got my TVS iQube S in mint blue delivered on Monday.

Initial impressions:
  • It is so silent and coupled with the lack of vibrations makes it a pleasant riding experience. I am only able to travel at 45 to 50kmph maximum till now, but it does not feel that way, due to no vibrations and noise.
  • ECO Mode: It feels a bit sluggish initially but it can easily reach 45 to 50kmph (as per dash).
  • Power Mode: This is the default mode for me. I have been using it in power mode only for the last 2 days. With this, you don't feel the lack of power and can still get high range by being gentle on the throttle.
  • Regen: Regen did not start in the ECO mode at 90%+ SoC. But when I switched to power mode, regen started working even at 90%+ SoC. Regen is very aggressive and it is able to stop the vehicle even on decent slopes.
  • Range: Currently, I am averaging slightly higher than 1km per 1% charge (see below image). I got the vehicle at 2.4km on ODO. I traveled 22.6 km in 22% of the battery. This includes over 2 days of the idle drain as well. This is with my regular style of riding in average traffic conditions.
  • App connectivity: Not able to connect to the app yet. I think it takes 4-5 days for the dealer to update the vehicle information to the database.

2022 TVS iQube Electric Scooter launched at Rs 98,564-display.jpg

Last edited by sri_tesla : 27th July 2022 at 09:28.
sri_tesla is offline   (43) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 10:51   #60
BHPian

Quote:
I got my TVS iQube S in mint blue delivered on Monday.
Congrats on your iQube S! Looks like they delivered before the committed date.

How do you find the build quality and braking performance?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks