Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th May 2023, 12:43   #46
BHPian

Re: First images of the made-in-India Harley-Davidson bike out!

How many like the way this bike looks? Could anyone put a poll please. Looks like a glorified commuter to me. Reminds me of no harley whatsoever. More towards Hero design language. Putting harley stamps everywhere does not equate to harley design language.
Senotrius is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 15:19   #47
BHPian

To me it looks like very much like the xr1200. I don't think Harley would make a 440cc look like streetglide
subincb is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2023, 15:31   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
No code given, so we opened it with force:
Attachment 2457119
Apparently, the code for opening the box is 440 - the displacement of the motorcycle. Saw a video where Siddharth from Cars&Bikes was trying to guess the code and 440 worked
aravind.anand is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 07:45   #49
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Apparently, the code for opening the box is 440 - the displacement of the motorcycle.
Haha! Indeed. Just tried and it worked on mine too.

But as a car guy, Project H-D 4XX didn't really stand out to me as I don't follow the bike scene at all. Max, I would have thought is "Heavy Duty" something. Even the people coordinating or the guy at the door didn't share which brand they are representing.
GTO is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 09:02   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But as a car guy, Project H-D 4XX didn't really stand out to me as I don't follow the bike scene at all.
You should send me for the bike testing for this one GTO then.

Anyways, looks interesting how HD and Hero will play this out in the long run. Eagerly anticipating.

Cheers...
dkaile is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 10:44   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Haha! Indeed. Just tried and it worked on mine too.

But as a car guy, Project H-D 4XX didn't really stand out to me as I don't follow the bike scene at all. Max, I would have thought is "Heavy Duty" something. Even the people coordinating or the guy at the door didn't share which brand they are representing.
Yes, though innovative, it is also a little spooky. If someone dressed up in a suit turned up with a suspicious looking box at my door, I would have actually refused to even receive that case. Forget trying to pry it open

Since you are a car guy, can we expect to see that H-D case in the give away section soon? If yes, please consider me first in the que
aravind.anand is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 11:44   #52
BHPian

Quote:
He refused to mention who he works for, what's in the box...all very secretive.
Taking a package without a clue and actually opening it takes some serious guts! Me? Oh, I'd probably be suspicious and start thinking it's a scam.

The package does look pretty awesome though, I must admit.
raptor_diwan is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 12:51   #53
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Just to clarify: A PR person had called me and told me the package is coming in. But even the PR person didn't divulge which client it was from. All they said is "automobile industry". So the package was expected.
GTO is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 13:14   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Just to clarify: A PR person had called me and told me the package is coming in. But even the PR person didn't divulge which client it was from. All they said is "automobile industry". So the package was expected.
I believe they are expecting a very positive review on team bhp.

However, looking at the bike which looks like a mix and match of multiple commuter and retro bikes from India and China.

In my humble opnion, Harley Davidson should be Harley Davidson and not try to become Haldiram Dravid and Sons.
iamahunter is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 14:23   #55
BHPian

[quote=GTO;5556895]We receive a whole lot of interesting invites & packages from car / bike manufacturers, but this one truly stands out. A gentleman in a suit turns up at my door. Wearing a hat & shades too, like a detective or someone from the CIA. Asks for my name and checks my photo ID. He refused to mention who he works for, what's in the box...all very secretive. Hat's off to the PR team for the style & execution .

He then hands over this mysterious looking & very solid-feeling box:

Completely OT but,
Never except mysterious couriers. NEVER!
BigB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 18:29   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Wear the glasses & read the invite! Something's cooking with Hero & Harley in July. Perhaps, we get a photoshoot or even better, a test-ride
Attachment 2457122
Maybe if you wear the colored glasses and look at the bike, it might make it look interesting somehow? 🤔
marcussantiago is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 18:32   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamahunter View Post
In my humble opnion, Harley Davidson should be Harley Davidson and not try to become Haldiram Dravid and Sons.
Please accept my humble award for internet comment of the year

disclaimer: no cash value
marcussantiago is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 18:44   #58
BHPian

Every day I go to the Gym which is neighboring to a HD showroom, I see few HD bikes parked outside and I just keep dreaming about riding them. (I don't have the motorcycle license yet here in US). Just to see them I always park my car in front of the HD showroom.
HD bikes: They are so big, so handsome. But when I saw the HD X440 photos, I felt very upset. This is definitely not the HD design, and nowhere close to it.
I am confident that in this hybrid JV war, the Bajaj-Triumph duo will beat the Hero-HD. Hero has already lost its aesthetics essence.
But nobody knows, if the X440 is super refined, good on features & well priced it can win too. Exciting future ahead in this segment. Let's hope for the best.
AutoDowntowner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 23:56   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senotrius View Post
How many like the way this bike looks? Could anyone put a poll please. Looks like a glorified commuter to me. Reminds me of no harley whatsoever. More towards Hero design language. Putting harley stamps everywhere does not equate to harley design language.
Have to agree with this, it resembles the ronin from many angles which is one bike whose design i despise
Old 1st June 2023, 12:26   #60
BHPian

The entire 800cc and above market in India is barely doing 3000 units give or take a few. At the moment the 300-500cc segment is HOT in India and the only way H-D can enter this segment is with a single.

Does H-D have a history of making singles? for sure. Their first ever model was a single and that was not the last.

A twin is expensive to make and the RE twins do only 15K units a year as compared to 800K their singles do.

The Indian market is very price sensitive. period. The SIAM report proves it hands down.

I'll wait until I see the model in the flesh before I trash it. To everyone who says it does not look like a Harley, Id ask them to check our the XR1200 and the XR750 models. There are solid design similarities and if priced right, it will appeal to RE 350 customer.
inline4 is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks