Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2023, 12:31   #61
BHPian

Re: First images of the made-in-India Harley-Davidson bike out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inline4 View Post

I'll wait until I see the model in the flesh before I trash it. To everyone who says it does not look like a Harley, Id ask them to check our the XR1200 and the XR750 models. There are solid design similarities and if priced right, it will appeal to RE 350 customer.
Agree with you absolutely. Not just RE customers, but others like me who want something lighter and sprightlier would also be interested *if* it's a trouble-free motorcycle.

I must confess that I like the looks of this bike. It looks way better than the dog's breakfast called TVS Ronin, which was mentioned somewhere above.
davelok is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2023, 12:41   #62
BHPian

I understand that it does not look like what most imagine a Harley to be. Massive V-Twin and all the bells and whistles that come with it.

Those legacy models are available to buy in India and today cost upwards of 20 big ones.

Harley themselves know that the customer for those motorcycles are dwindling every year. They have the brand value and partnering with Hero is a great way to build a product that can be accessed by a larger fan base.

I see no problem with that as long as they make a reliable model because just a badge on the tank alone will not make it a Harley.

I love the way it looks. The more I see it, Its growing on me.
inline4 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 02:57   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inline4 View Post
I'll wait until I see the model in the flesh before I trash it. To everyone who says it does not look like a Harley, Id ask them to check our the XR1200 and the XR750 models. There are solid design similarities and if priced right, it will appeal to RE 350 customer.
I'll start with saying Suzuki Intruder 150 drew inspiration from Intruder 1800. Solid design similarities as you put it, but god knows Intruder 150 was an ugly bike. It was unsightly from every angle.

I find and feel (by looking at the bike) that it does not do justice to the legendary HD badge it carries (Design wise).
ghost-was-here is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 12:46   #64
Senior - BHPian

Harley-Davidson X440 bookings open in India ahead of July 3 launch

Harley-Davidson has opened the order books for the X440 roadster in India. Customers can now book the bike by paying a token amount of Rs 25,000. Prices will be announced on July 3, 2023.

Harley-Davidson X440 launched in India at Rs 2.29 lakh-large_harley_davidson_x_440_5_864d81b8d9.jpg

The X440 roadster is a joint project between Harley-Davidson and India's Hero MotoCorp, that will handle production, distribution, sales and after-sales services operations.

The X440 is a mid-capacity bike that features a neo-retro look. It has a circular LED headlamp, a single-pod instrument console, a teardrop-shaped fuel tank and a single-piece seat. The bike is equipped with a flat handlebar, forward-set footpegs and a single side-mounted exhaust.

Harley-Davidson X440 launched in India at Rs 2.29 lakh-harley_davidson_x_440_4_a33437277e.jpg

The X440 is powered by a 440cc, single-cylinder, oil-cooled engine. While detailed specifications of the motor haven't been revealed, we can expect to pack more punch than the Royal Enfield Classic 350. It uses a chain final drive similar to the Pan America.

The X440 is based on a tubular chassis and is equipped with upside-down forks at the front and twin shock absorbers at the rear. The bike rides on alloy wheels with 18-inch rims at the front and 17-inch at the rear. Braking is handled by discs supported by dual-channel ABS.

Source: News18

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 2nd June 2023 at 12:48.
TusharK is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 13:05   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Harley-Davidson X440 bookings open in India ahead of July 3 launch

Harley must be overestimating the demand of this bike, thinking that they will sell loads of these, I will be surprised if the first lot itself sells out in a quarter.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 13:28   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

The neutral kind of looks that I typically like. 440cc range is a nice space also. Do we know any expected pricing for this?
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 16:52   #67
BHPian

The design is reminiscent of Harley Davidson Street Rod 750. Looks quite balanced except for the exhaust angle. If priced sensibly and backed by Hero service, it may do some decent numbers. Consumers will have more choice in the segment and that is a welcome development.
Legal_Eagle is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 19:13   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The neutral kind of looks that I typically like. 440cc range is a nice space also. Do we know any expected pricing for this?
2.5L - 2.7L as per Powerdrift.
saitvsk23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 19:30   #69
BHPian

How to book it? I searched for HD India website & I could not find any.
Old 2nd June 2023, 20:24   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
It will be hefty, looking at the booking amount. They seem to be targeting serious buyers only with that sort of commitment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoDowntowner View Post
How to book it? I searched for HD India website & I could not find any.
It seems that you need to go to Hero dealerships for this.
Old 2nd June 2023, 23:09   #71
Senior - BHPian

Where will this bike be sold and serviced? In Harley Devidson showrooms operated by Hero, or in Hero showrooms and service centers?
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 11:59   #72

I don't understand so hate for a design, which is yet to be seen in flesh. Harley known for their haevyweight bikes, does not stop them to experiment for a smaller capacity bike. According to the pics seen online, the bike looks rather clean and simple and yes! commuterish too. But who said that a commuter bike can not be a little higher cc from the engine. I liked the design and wish that to get success here, s that harley remain in India at least in a j-v.
Pun_Dit is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 09:44   #73
BHPian

The list of all H-D dealers are available on their website. I guess its best to look up a dealer and call them. Also the Rushlane article is what broke the news on bookings open and it says "unofficial Bookings Open" not sure what that means. I think some dealer might have taken a booking.

July 3rd should be when they will announce the price and bookings open.
Old 8th June 2023, 14:53   #74
BHPian

No one has a problem with Harley going for a smaller cc bike - but this looks like "Generic commuter No 27." out of some Chinese catalogue
Ok I exaggerate but seems like HD gave the design job to Hero instead of just the manufacturing.
timuseravan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 18:49   #75
BHPian

I don’t really care what it’s badged as, this is a pretty decent looking bike! Swap out that ghastly exhaust from top to bottom and it’ll look even better. Nice sorted looking ergonomics too it appears.

Harley-Davidson X440 launched in India at Rs 2.29 lakh-img_0538.jpeg

Harley-Davidson X440 launched in India at Rs 2.29 lakh-img_0541.jpeg

Harley-Davidson X440 launched in India at Rs 2.29 lakh-img_0540.jpeg

Harley-Davidson X440 launched in India at Rs 2.29 lakh-img_0539.jpeg

Actually, no. I lied. I do care. I actually prefer the Hero brand over Harley so I’d be happy if they rebadged it

Last edited by RT13 : 9th June 2023 at 18:50.
RT13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks