Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2024, 21:49   #91
Senior - BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review

I will post full pictures of the conversion. Meanwhile, this is what I'm talking about
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Didn't quite understand this. Possible to post some pictures? I doubt anyone else has removed the tyres in their Himalayan so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-img_8916.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 11:10   #92
BHPian

A calculation of for the weight conscious Riders amongst us. This is for removing stock sump guard and plastic stock radiator guard and adding Rally sump+ Engine guard & Aluminum Radiator guard.

1. Rally Sump + Engine Gd 3997gm - Stock plastic+metal gd 1100gm) *Diff = 2897 gm*
2. Radiator Gd - 357gm-Stock plastic gd 314gm
*Diff = 43gm*
Grand Total Addl Wt 2897+43=*2940 gm*
techfreak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 11:46   #93
BHPian

The Speedo Console seems quite prone to scratches and I am wondering if any of you found Tempered Glass or Screen Guards for it yet ?

I also noticed that people have already started putting aux-lamps on Himalayan 450, courtesy it's brilliant headlamp .
If anyone has found out any dedicated couplers for one - please do post. I noticed that RE has listed Fog Lamps as part of its GMA (but its in pipeline so no instructions are available for installation but likely it will be plug & play and Him450 being their latest product must have been designed keeping it in mind). I don't like mechanics messing around with electricals while installing Fog Lamps and this is primary reason I'm highly skeptical.

I intend to go for MadDog Alpha as they suit the profile of the bike. Although it's quite a task to figure out the right spot for fitting it and unlike most people I would not want to risk breaking the law by putting it at same level as that of headlamp. Its a cop magnet here.
(Also, legally it might be impossible to install a decent Fog Lamp as the combined total of OE Headlamp is just ~15w and most FogLamps exceed that).

Last edited by rishi.roger : 15th January 2024 at 11:48.
rishi.roger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 14:49   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishi.roger View Post
I got call from dealership today about arrival of my hanle black (and I chose to name mine "REclipse") ��.
Interestingly I had 2 choices for the same color and I went with the one that started in first crank LOL. The other one was being edgy and stalling at idle every now and then, even though it was a younger machine by 2 days.
Can you please tell us how you found out the date of manufacturing of the two bikes offered to you?
Old 15th January 2024, 15:03   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram1kv View Post
I was wondering the same since it launched, particularly the frame around the tank. Here is an interesting video where some has reduced 10+ kg by taking various bits and bobs off. Drastic in certain sense but he keeps repeating that it is for trail use only.
So here's his next step, replacing the tyres with full off road-only tyres. He's using Reise Moto's TorRs. Another four kilos, now he's looking at 181 kilos only. Can't wait to see how this set up performs, it might be really close to a Scram 450.

AulusGabinius is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2024, 15:55   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rookieraj View Post
Can you please tell us how you found out the date of manufacturing of the two bikes offered to you?
It can be found out by simply looking at the tail section during PDI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AulusGabinius View Post
So here's his next step, replacing the tyres with full off road-only tyres. He's using Reise Moto's TorRs. Another four kilos, now he's looking at 181 kilos only. Can't wait to see how this set up performs, it might be really close to a Scram 450.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=xMkbOtYoSVo
Might as well get rid of the headlamp. , won't miss it much.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-20231225_151335.jpg  

Last edited by rishi.roger : 15th January 2024 at 15:58.
rishi.roger is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th January 2024, 16:07   #97

There is no development on bookings made for colours other than Hanle black. I see only Hanle black being delivered and very few Kaza Browns. Has anyone got delivery for Slate colours or Camet white? I had booked my Kaza Brown on 10th of December 2023 but there is no update yet when I can expect delivery(apart from official ETA of 15th April 2024 which looks unrealistic waiting). SA had given estimates of Jan but I think its not in their hands.

Anyone expecting deliveries in coming days? Please share when did you book and the variant.
Old 16th January 2024, 17:28   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridesbysky View Post
There is no development on bookings made for colours other than Hanle black. I see only Hanle black being delivered and very few Kaza Browns. Has anyone got delivery for Slate colours or Camet white?
I have booked kamet white variant on 7th Nov from Nagpur MH, but as of now no updates. RE app keeps changing the tentative delivery dates everyday. Dealership says they have got no confirmation on the allocation, if they get any confirmation they will tell me, Royal enfield customer care says last week of January. While promised date is showing in the RE app as 11th Feb.

Hanle black variants were offered to me twice once on 20th Dec and the other on 8th Jan. So i guess RE made good inventory of Hanle Black Variants.

Still I am hoping to get the bike in the upcoming week.
MagicalWizard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2024, 10:48   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridesbysky View Post
There is no development on bookings made for colours other than Hanle black.........Has anyone got delivery for Slate colours or Camet white?.....

Anyone expecting deliveries in coming days? Please share when did you book and the variant.
I got my Kamet White delivered on 29 Dec 23. In fact my dealer at Jaipur has given delivery of about 3/4 Kamet White here.
techfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 00:50   #100
Senior - BHPian

I had the MadDog Alpha on the KTM 390ADV, and was not very happy. Good ones are the BAJA, Clearwater and Denalis. Even the HJC on my CB350 were brilliant, the price was a steal, but that series is not available anymore, (and the market is flooded with fakes). Now I have the S322 series (pipe type, like the ones on BMW) fog lamps from Givi, just purchased. Will get it fixed just before touring. Somehow, I'm happy with my Himi 450 lights for the city
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_rider View Post
This video might give you some info. Maddog alpha
Attached Images

Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 10:54   #101
BHPian

In an unbelievable sequence of events yesterday, I got my Hanle Black delivered! Had booked on 31 Dec'23 and tentative delivery date was 7th May'24 as per the app, but the Dealer gave me a pleasant shock that the bike had arrived. Peraps higher allocation of Hanle Black variants. Also, 2 Kamet Whites were also being delivered at the same time.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-img_20240117_191007.jpg  

ds.raikkonen is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th January 2024, 14:04   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicalWizard View Post
I have booked kamet white variant on 7th Nov from Nagpur MH, but as of now no updates. RE app keeps changing the tentative delivery dates everyday. Dealership says they have got no confirmation on the allocation, if they get any confirmation they will tell me, Royal enfield customer care says last week of January. While promised date is showing in the RE app as 11th Feb.
Same for me, I booked Kamet White on 8th Nov in Pune. The app has both tentative and promised date as 11th Feb.
Dealership has no idea when, actually, it would be delivered. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Hope, will get it on 11th Feb .
Explorer_Jassi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 13:31   #103
Senior - BHPian

Cone set issue raises its head? Watch this video for the RE fix
Sebring is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 15:17   #104
Senior - BHPian

This is the only accessory I wanted from RE, the Rally Crashguard with sump guard at 10K, and it was scarce. Finally they got two pieces, good heavens.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-977cb3a59ed547d0be507819afc74fdf.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 18:15   #105
Senior - BHPian

Like how this screen is used for simple things like displaying a full text message for service due with relevant information.

Dropped it for service today. No sight of accessories yet except engine guard and radiator guard. Getting the engine guard for now.

Post the long ride today in 16deg temperature, realized that knuckle guards are a good accessory to have but no sign of them and the showroom says they don't have a timeline. In fact the only other possible accessory that could be received next month is the saddle stays.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Himalayan 450 Review-20240121_163922.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks