Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2024, 11:19   #331

Re: Honda NX500 launched at 5.9 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream1188 View Post
Well! Here is the official confirmation from Honda.
I am at loss of words here.
Hi, when did you book the NX 500. Atleast you got a clear message many people have not even received a formaly response from Honda !!
Old 25th May 2024, 11:09   #332

Got delivery of my White NX500 on 10th May (Auspicious Akshay Tritiya) but couldnt manage to ride much because of work schedule, bike has done close to 400 km now.

I was supposed to join my friends for Spiti ride so got the bike serviced at ~350 kms but unfortunately couldnt join for ride because of some urgent family commitments. Oil & oil filter was changed in first service & total bill was ~6k , bit higher than what i had expected but still ok considering next service is at 12k kms/1year.

Initial impressions: bike is buttery smooth up to 4k rpm but feels bit harsh between 4k to 5k rpm and noticeable vibes creep in above that. Haven't revved the bike beyond 6k rpm yet as engine is quite new, hopefully after i clock some good kms engine will become a bit more smoother at higher rev range. Coming from KTM 390 adv, NX500 feels a bit too linear & Quick shifter is sorely missed, hope some company launches QS for it soon. Sometimes gear shifts are bit clunky but i think it will smoothen out once bike clocks some more kms.

Rear suspension setup felt too soft and bouncy, maybe i will have to fiddle with the preload settings and check again, front suspension feels quite plush.

Lights are absolutely inadequate & bike will need Aux lamp setup for sure.

Fitted radiator guard & side stand extender during first service, next will be a centre stand, saddle stays & some protection parts & aux lights.

With very low milage clocked till now i feel this is a very good bike for calm comfortable touring & hope Honda will be able to deliver the new lot bikes soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda NX500 launched at 5.9 lakhs-delivery.jpg  

Honda NX500 launched at 5.9 lakhs-ride-1.jpg  

Honda NX500 launched at 5.9 lakhs-ride2.jpg  

Honda NX500 launched at 5.9 lakhs-ride3.jpg  

Honda NX500 launched at 5.9 lakhs-service.jpg  

pankajbhoir46 is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 27th May 2024, 12:01   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajbhoir46 View Post
Oil & oil filter was changed in first service & total bill was ~6k , bit higher than what i had expected but still ok considering next service is at 12k kms/1year.
Congratulations on your purchase!

The Honda CB350s and the CB300R use the same engine oil (Pro Honda
Fully Synthetic JASO MA 10W-30), but their oil change intervals are 6000kms. Can someone please explain how different engines have different oil change intervals despite using the same engine oils?
Old 27th May 2024, 16:19   #334

Thank you !

Didn't know that CB350, CB300R uses same engine oil grade but have service interval of 6k kms, will try to check with service team about it.
Old 27th May 2024, 20:41   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankajbhoir46 View Post
Thank you !

Didn't know that CB350, CB300R uses same engine oil grade but have service interval of 6k kms, will try to check with service team about it.
Food for thought, even the humble Hero Honda Splendore uses the same grade engine oil.

Cheers!
VJ
Old 28th May 2024, 00:49   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3rm1n80r View Post
Congratulations on your purchase!

The Honda CB350s and the CB300R use the same engine oil (Pro Honda
Fully Synthetic JASO MA 10W-30), but their oil change intervals are 6000kms. Can someone please explain how different engines have different oil change intervals despite using the same engine oils?
Globally, CBR 250R and CB300R have 8000 miles / 12k kms oil change recommendation. It's for the hot, humid and dusty Indian conditions that they've halved the drain interval to 6k kms. CB 350 has a basic air cooled engine, so it's not good to stretch drain interval beyond 6k kms. CB500X / NX500 have bigger oil sump with close to 3 ltr oil capacity and they have a big, car-like screw type oil filter. Add the fully synthetic oil and 12k kms drain interval is possible even in Indian conditions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
Food for thought, even the humble Hero Honda Splendore uses the same grade engine oil.

Cheers!
VJ
Recommended oil grades -

Hero commuters - 10w30 mineral
Hero Xpulse / Xtreme - 10w30 FS
Honda scooters and commuters - 5w30 SS (bs6) and 10w30 mineral (bs4)
Honda premium bikes - 10w30 FS
TVS scooters and commuters - 10w30 SS
TVS Apache (upto 200) - 10w30 FS
Suzuki scooters & Gixxer 155 - 10w30 SS
Bajaj commuters upto 125cc - 10w30 mineral

10w30 is available in all 3 formats viz. mineral, SS & FS. Most manufacturers prefer this grade to extract maximum FE, to aid easy cold starting and also for easier inventory keeping. Though in our Indian conditions, 10w50, 10w40 or 5w40 grade SS & FS oils are any day better for refinement over a wider rpm range.
RD410 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2024, 10:24   #337

Hi all - booked the nx500 at the Mahadevpura Big Wing in BLR and am caught in the import limbo like most others. Just curious what juntas plans are - are you sticking with it with delivery in Oct-Dec, canceling or looking at other options?

If other options, which ones?
Old 3rd June 2024, 08:40   #338
Senior - BHPian

I cannot emphasise enough on the importance of a 'good' motorcycle. The seating posture is just brilliant on this bike and I never get weary. Suddenly, all those comments from peers that I paid "double than what I should for a motorcycle with these specs" weaned away.

Yesterday, a 150 Km ride turned into 350, as I discovered more and more places to see and the bike performance was simply 'stellar'.

PS: Not finding a time to pen a ownership thread, but I'll put in a 'late nighter' one of these days, to do one.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda NX500 launched at 5.9 lakhs-img_7069.jpg  

Last edited by Sebring : 3rd June 2024 at 08:43.
Sebring is online now   (16) Thanks
Old 5th June 2024, 11:07   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
I cannot emphasise enough on the importance of a 'good' motorcycle. The seating posture is just brilliant on this bike and I never get weary. Suddenly, all those comments from peers that I paid "double than what I should for a motorcycle with these specs" weaned away.
Comments like these encourage me to hold on to my booking. Glad to hear that you are enjoying the fruit of Honda's labour
lionell is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2024, 11:48   #340
BHPian

Quote:
@Sebring since you have owned some of the other bikes I am considering now, how do you compare NX500s's seat comfort and ergonomics to the BMW 310 GS and the V-Strom 250? For reference, I ride a Honda H'ness now.
Old 5th June 2024, 20:03   #341
Senior - BHPian

The VSTROM 250 seat is comfortable, and I clocked a lot of miles on it. But it's on the stiff side, and I take a lot of breaks. The NX 500 has the right density foam, its not squishy nor too firm making for comfortable touring. You should definitely take a TD.

I dont have touring experience on the BMW 310 GS, so cannot say with certainty if it can be compared. The new Highness has a better seat, and I could feel that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prakash_ajp View Post
@Sebring since you have owned some of the other bikes I am considering now, how do you compare NX500s's seat comfort and ergonomics to the BMW 310 GS and the V-Strom 250? For reference, I ride a Honda H'ness now.
Sebring is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2024, 01:36   #342
BHPian

Quote:

Yesterday, a 150 Km ride turned into 350, as I discovered more and more places to see and the bike performance was simply 'stellar'.
This is so true! Comparing spec-sheets is about the worst way to compare bikes. A bike can look as good or even better when looking at the numbers, but that has little bearing on how a bike rides or even necessarily performs.

It's not just the ride posture, but the smoothness, the heat (or lack thereof), the, the throttle/clutch feel, suspension, how the chassis handles, wind protection, reliability etc. etc.

Nothing worse than a "powerful" bike that you get sick of riding after an hour or two, and can't wait for the ride to end, or one that so tires you out that you don't feel like doing anything once you get to your destination.

After growing up (a bit, not too much!), started to realize that chasing bigger numbers is futile, since you can't really use much of even a middle-weight's performance in real world conditions (without being a madman). Better to strongly prioritize improved quality-of-life, where you can ride longer and further.
ExOblivione is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th June 2024, 07:53   #343
Senior - BHPian

I requested that they use Honda's performance oil, which costs more. Even on the CB 350, this was my preferred oil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VijayAnand1 View Post
Food for thought, even the humble Hero Honda Splendor uses the same grade engine oil.
Sebring is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 16:17   #344

Some more observations after about a month of ownership:
1. wider footpegs will really improve the overall comfort feeling, current pegs are too small & slippery. Motourenn had it at really great price (3.8k) but got sold out before i could buy ! hope they will bring it back in stock soon.

2. For my height (5.10) with stock windscreen i felt lot of wind buffeting at speed upwards of 70-80 kmph, it is not the direct wind blast but very annoying buffeting.

3. Put Motourenn radiator guard & side stand extender, next on the list is a good quality centre stand. Honda OEM centre stand is pricey & not available with service centre, waiting for Carbon racing to launch their centre stand, have used their products earlier & found it to be really well made.

4. Bike's headlights are very inadequate & bike certainly needs Aux lights, have plans to put it but it is not an immediate priority. I will also need to make some arrangement to install the Aux lights as i have not yet got any protection bars for the bike.

Posting some pictures of the short rides done till now, haven't ridden it much yet but the overall experience with the bike till now has been good.

This bike is a fantastic commuter & at low speeds the balance is really nice. Rear suspension is little bouncy. i am yet to try different preload settings so maybe i can make it feel little better.

Honda NX500 launched at 5.9 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20240608-3.55.44-pm.jpeg

Honda NX500 launched at 5.9 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20240608-3.55.45-pm.jpeg

Hoping to do lot of rides this monsoon, will try to document the ride experience. Cheers !
pankajbhoir46 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th June 2024, 20:06   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExOblivione View Post
Nothing worse than a "powerful" bike that you get sick of riding after an hour or two, and can't wait for the ride to end, or one that so tires you out that you don't feel like doing anything once you get to your destination.
Quite an interesting statement. I’ve never thought of a motorcycle as anything but fun. So never thought of this viewpoint.
I would like to know which are these powerful bikes which would make you sick of riding them or tire you out so much? Would make an interesting read or ride.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks