Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2010, 12:16   #946
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Never have the words 'DSG' and 'gear' been used in the same sentence without the reference to a Skoda or a VAG car! And you've pulled it of Sammy!
lol, that was a good one. Could have used A-Star (star) instead of DSG too and it wouldnt have made a difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
What's the update on the Ninja? It's Thursday today and we're expecting some tasty pictures!

EDIT: Didn't see your post Samarth! I was slow at keying-in the post! Blame the weather I say!
Hoping to get an update soon man, will post as soon as I do.
Fingers crossed. And yeah, the weather is all crazy and dull.
Need the Green soon to get a jumpstart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVH View Post
Nothing else will do other than the pics of the baby Ninja and the owner in full gear

How does that sound? Waiting for it sammyboy!
The gear is all set man and so is the rider. Its the steed thats missing.

Last edited by sammyboy : 18th November 2010 at 12:18.
Old 18th November 2010, 22:36   #947
BHPian

Hey Sammy ! What updates ? Hope you're busy painting the town green on this rainy & gloomy day
Old 19th November 2010, 11:10   #948
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff :

Sammyboy's thread on his ninja is here (Sammyboy's Ninja :) - a dream fulfilled).

Please continue related discussions on the above thread.

Thanks.
Old 19th November 2010, 11:22   #949
Senior - BHPian

Whats the waiting for the Ninja now? And are they offering test rides now?
Its a toss up between the Honda CBR250 and Ninja for me. Would love to ride both the bikes before signing the dotted line.
Old 19th November 2010, 12:30   #950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
Whats the waiting for the Ninja now? And are they offering test rides now?
AFAIK, the ninja's are available off the shelf in most cities. Pay the full amount (upfront or loan) and ride out in 2-3 days (takes a couple of days for registration).

There is a ninja available for test rides, at least one is at the blore probiking showroom. The test ride is limited to a few kms within the radius of the showroom but that means you can't experience the full potential since its inside city limits and traffic wouldnt permit higher speeds.
Old 3rd January 2011, 15:50   #951
BHPian

Re: 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R EDIT - Launched now at 2.7L Ex Showroom

Finally after months of slowly reading all about the NINJA 250R, I finally have to contribute something.

When i first started reading this thread/ NINJA, i knew 250cc was too less a bike and a green was definitely a big NO.

So much changed in the past few months, fell in love with this bike and still wonder how the color started to appeal more to me.

Started having dreams of the bike every single day and used to log-in just to have a look at the bike.

Everyone around me started thinking i have gone mad and no one encouraged my wish to own the bike.

I researched on a riding gear and even placed and order for the same. It should be reaching me anytime.

The only final thing i had to do was to reach the showroom, see the bike, ride the bike, hear...
But my exhaustive schedules were keeping me far away from the probiking showroom in Adyar, Chennai.

Almost 3-4 Sundays i drove past the showroom just to have a look at the bike through the window.

My craving to own the bike increased with time, though i was not even finding the time to go to the showroom.

Finally the New year had the answer. On 1/1/11 i found time to leave work early and reach the showroom directly.

It was a mixed feeling, was cautiously entering the showroom filled with the fear of whether it will be or will it not be.

A question i found the answer by the end of that day.

And it was shocking.
Old 3rd January 2011, 17:50   #952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Finally after months of slowly reading all about the NINJA 250R, I finally have to contribute something..... It was a mixed feeling, was cautiously entering the showroom filled with the fear of whether it will be or will it not be.... A question i found the answer by the end of that day.
One more! Welcome to the club !!! Happy for you Visaster. Mighty congrats to you. Green or black?

Do keep us posted on the experiences in a separate thread.

P.S. With the Hyosung GT650 around the corner (slated for March/April'11 IIRC) I'm pleasantly surprised that you still went for the kwacker. What made you decide on the kwacker?

Anyway, wishing you many happy miles and years of safe riding. This is probably the best new year gift you got for yourself huh? Here's wishing you a happy new year as well.

Last edited by n_aditya : 3rd January 2011 at 17:51.
Old 5th January 2011, 17:00   #953
BHPian

Nice to see so many ninja purchases. Congrats mate
Old 5th January 2011, 18:46   #954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Finally after months of slowly reading all about the NINJA 250R, I finally have to contribute something.

When i first started reading this thread/ NINJA, i knew 250cc was too less a bike and a green was definitely a big NO.

So much changed in the past few months, fell in love with this bike and still wonder how the color started to appeal more to me.

Started having dreams of the bike every single day and used to log-in just to have a look at the bike.

Everyone around me started thinking i have gone mad and no one encouraged my wish to own the bike.

I researched on a riding gear and even placed and order for the same. It should be reaching me anytime.

The only final thing i had to do was to reach the showroom, see the bike, ride the bike, hear...
But my exhaustive schedules were keeping me far away from the probiking showroom in Adyar, Chennai.

Almost 3-4 Sundays i drove past the showroom just to have a look at the bike through the window.

My craving to own the bike increased with time, though i was not even finding the time to go to the showroom.

Finally the New year had the answer. On 1/1/11 i found time to leave work early and reach the showroom directly.

It was a mixed feeling, was cautiously entering the showroom filled with the fear of whether it will be or will it not be.

A question i found the answer by the end of that day.

And it was shocking.
What was the shock Visaster?
Old 28th February 2011, 12:26   #955
Senior - BHPian

On 20th Feb we had a closed doors meeting organized at a hotel in the city of Blore. This meeting was organized by Bajaj and around 10 ninja owners were invited to be a part of this meeting.

The highlight of the meeting was that a senior official from Kawasaki wanted to meet the ninja owners and take their first hand feedback.

There was a survey questionnaire which covered each and every aspect of buying choice, what drives a particular response to buying a bike, reasons for the ninja, where we ride, how many kms, etc. This activity lasted 20 mins and was a very detailed questionnaire.

The next activity involved questions directly from the Kawasaki official. IIRC he is the Sales and Mktg head for Kawa's SE Asia operations. Each and every question was meticulously thought of and answers were noted down.

The entire meeting was well documented via a voice recorder and the official made notes as well.

He also asked us about what we felt about competition from the CBR250, to which most of us replied that we were hardly threatened by it.

We suggested to him to get more color options like offered abroad, a digital console, accessories, riding gear etc.

I also asked if the 650R is due in April as per the rumor mills and he smiled and replied that it was confidential... but the smile and apprehension to reveal the news said it all

So that said, I am very happy that I went ahead with a Kawasaki. The amount of customer focus and the interest level they have shown so far speaks highly of their commitment to customer satisfaction and not just with meeting numbers and targets.

They also had a meeting with superbike owners to understand their requirements and riding styles, etc. Met poncho after a long time at the hotel. He now rides a gixxer 1k (sold the honda).

So looks like they are coming down with bigger bikes in the near future, good news for all of us, huh?

P.S. They had a file with the complete Kawasaki model line-up and we were asked to choose one model which we wanted to come down to India. Most of us chose the ZX6R while one or two chose the Z1000. I was torn between the 6R and the Z1000 but voted for the former for practicality reasons.

Last edited by n_aditya : 28th February 2011 at 12:31.
Old 28th February 2011, 13:16   #956
BHPian

Wonderful! Honda will probably never reach this kind of harmony in India with their behaviour towards Indian customers.

They will, in all probability, treat the the Dio and CBR250 customers the same. Not to say anything about their After sales.

With that said, Honda really has hit the nail with its product pricing, which screams VFM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
He also asked us about what we felt about competition from the CBR250, to which most of us replied that we were hardly threatened by it.
How would a Ninja rider be threatened by CBR250? because of performance/price parity?

If I was a baby Ninja owner, I would probably feel sad that I did not have the choice that time, instead of feeling threatened.

And Kawasaki, as a company, should feel threatened instead of me!

Last edited by sids911 : 28th February 2011 at 13:19.
Old 28th February 2011, 13:50   #957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
How would a Ninja rider be threatened by CBR250? because of performance/price parity?

If I was a baby Ninja owner, I would probably feel sad that I did not have the choice that time, instead of feeling threatened.

And Kawasaki, as a company, should feel threatened instead of me!
Well i guess i didn't word it correctly. Indeed Kawasaki is feeling a bit threatened and wanted to understand our perspective of the CBR250 launch. But most of us at the meeting expressed that if given a choice it would still be a baby ninja instead of the baby cbr. Reasons attributed to superior after sales support and customer centric behavior of Kawasaki.
Old 28th February 2011, 14:39   #958
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Aditya - A meeting with the folks who have booked the CBR was also arranged by PBK and the same folks (Bajaj PBK and some san from Kawasaki) asked the same questions, the only difference being why chose CBR and most of the biking questions were similar to what you have mentioned.

From the overall conversation, I think they want to understand the customer psyche now that the manufacturers are gearing up for some launches. And I too ticked 6R

Am not sure if he asked this question - If all the japs launch 250cc at very similar price point, what would you opt for? ;-)
Old 3rd March 2011, 09:46   #959
BHPian

1000 Ninja continues

Got this email last evening from ProBiking -

In continuation of our “1000 Ninjas’ on Indian Road” celebration across the country, we are conducting the culmination event on Chennai Race track on Sunday , 13th March, 2011.

Christened as “GREEN DAY” , this is first of its kind of event in India where in the Kawasaki Ninja 250R riders from across the country will attend the event and experience the Ninja 250R on the Chennai race track. Expert Test Rider from Japan , Mr. Masayuki Inoue would be coming down to impart the training on “How to Ride on test track”. The event would be a day long activity starting at 8 AM on 13th Match. The customers would be served with Breakfast and lunch on the track itself.

There is more to the attached document but it is too early in the day for me to be hoping onto the Forums. Any Ninja owners want to participate look at inside your Inbox.

P.S. mods I did not think this needed a new thread so posted here, please move to appropriate thread if needed.
Old 10th April 2013, 14:01   #960
Senior - BHPian

Note from Support - The New Ninja 300 has been launched. (Link)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks