Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2009, 15:59   #691
Senior - BHPian

Video of my friends bike with the new accessories installed.

Old 28th November 2009, 10:36   #692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip View Post
Any chance of honda coming up with the CBr 250 ?The reason why i am telling is Honda already have their presence in india. kawasaki bought the 250 through bajaj.CBR and Ninjas were competing in the global market i suppose.
Kphilip, spot on buddy! Honda CBR 250 is my favorite, too. It's pocket rocket. Light weight, only 250 cc and top speed of 170 kph may not be much but boy '0 boy what a screamer it is. Revvs up to a dizzying 20,000 RPM and screams like a fighter jet, even better than R1s and Busas. Check out this video. Engine revvs like it got no reciprocating pistons. As though some turbine is turning round and round and round. The best sounding bike ever, in my opinion.

Old 28th November 2009, 14:00   #693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
a fly by video please !
Old 28th November 2009, 15:30   #694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
a fly by video please !
In a few days when I meet him. It sounds crazy at high revs .
Old 2nd December 2009, 02:41   #695
BHPian

I'm really sorry if I've missed it in the thread but nobody seems to have posted any pics of this really slick bike with one important standard accessory - the SAREE GUARD!!! I haven't seen it but a Bajaj dealer said it will come with fitted with it.
Man, just imagine on this bike a chrome saree guard with the mesh type grill and extra large foot pad like the one that used to come on the Rajdoot... Well, that would be standard accessory. I guess the optional one would be a carrier that goes behind the rear seat!!! Hmmm... I think this set would really compliment a chrome Two Brothers exhaust!
Count on the government to make ridiculous rules...

Last edited by Technocrat : 2nd December 2009 at 13:59. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read the board rules carefully before proceeding, thanks
Old 2nd December 2009, 13:44   #696

Quote:
Originally Posted by west View Post
Ok, had a talk with chief maechanic, Bajaj asked him to meet me personally, for more information on the bike.. How abt that.. At last I could see some thing in india like this.. Waw.. in a week they called me 4 times for my review.

Run in time is there 0-800 - 1st
800-1200 -2nd
First service due at 1000kms

DO NOT CROSS 4000..oh........But I did cross 9000 couple of times and got really scared, since its accelerating like a cheetah.. Wow what a bike.

FORE PLAY STARTS AT 4000
FUN STARTS FROM 8000
@West - I'm really sorry to go back in the thread but the manual reads Run-in time as
0-800 - 1st (not to exceed 4K rpm)
801-1600 - 2nd (not to exceed 6K rpm)

with first service at 1000kms and every 6000kms thereafter.

Can you please confirm if the Run-in time mentioned by you was confirmed by bajaj.

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post

YouTube - 2010 Ninja 250 with Two Brothers exhaust
@Straight - Your friend has got a luvly helmet. Is it Icon "DOMAIN 2 DEVIL DOG" or the Kawasaki Ninja Dragon KC series Helmet (sourced from UK).

Can you please help me with the details for the same.

Last edited by Technocrat : 2nd December 2009 at 13:59.
Old 4th December 2009, 06:22   #697
Senior - BHPian

I got that from the US and its an ICON Alliance SSR.
Old 4th December 2009, 11:26   #698

Thanks Straight. If you don't mind can you tell how much did u pay for it. Since this looks almost similar to the Kawasaki Ninja series helmets sold in UK by Kawasaki.
Old 4th December 2009, 23:55   #699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip View Post
Any chance of honda coming up with the CBr 250 ?The reason why i am telling is Honda already have their presence in india. kawasaki bought the 250 through bajaj.CBR and Ninjas were competing in the global market i suppose.
The 4 cylinder 250s went out of production by the mid 90s . CBR250RR , GSX-R250 , FZR250 , all long dead. So when people say the Ninja 250 is the best/fastest sporty 250 around , it's because it's the only one left ! No offence to owners !

@Speed
congrats , I'm all green with envy !
Old 10th December 2009, 20:56   #700
Senior - BHPian

A very renown magazine seems to have crashed the Ninja on the chennai circuit, and now will have to give it bike of the year!
Old 10th December 2009, 22:01   #701
Senior - BHPian

Love the note on these Two Brothers pipes.Similar to the ones on my SV, and I'd prefer these over the others like Yoshi et al.
Old 11th December 2009, 08:46   #702
BHPian

KAWASAKI Ninja recalled

Kawasaki is reportedly recalling the Ninja 250R motorcycle model that bears the ‘2009-2010 model-year’ tag. The recall has been issued due to a detection of a possible oil leak that can be highly hazardous. Apparently porosity in the engine case may allow oil to leak from the engine and get deposited on the rear tire thus increasing chances of a crash.
Kawasaki is reported to have detected this problem in the upper engine cases for some of the 2009-2010 250R models and are blaming it on the porosity in the aluminum casting. This porosity may occur in the pressurized oil passage just above the transmission output shaft. The oil leaking from this location may hence be deposited on the rear tire, turning into a hazardous scenario for the rider. Kawasaki will inspect the recalled vehicles for leaks in the casing, and all the units that show or hint towards the damage will be repaired free of charge. The recall is expected to commence in the US today onwards. Bajaj however haven’t issued any such warning/recall to the Indian customers just yet. Watch this space as we try our best to bring you an update from Bajaj on this matter.

source : Motoroids - The Free Revving Species: Latest automotive news, car and motorcycle reviews, first drives and rides, features, videos, wallpapers, motorsports, forums and free Motoroids2 e-magazine download – India’s first bike e-magazine. India’s
Old 11th December 2009, 10:00   #703

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sid View Post
I'm really sorry if I've missed it in the thread but nobody seems to have posted any pics of this really slick bike with one important standard accessory - the SAREE GUARD!!! I haven't seen it but a Bajaj dealer said it will come with fitted with it.
Man, just imagine on this bike a chrome saree guard with the mesh type grill and extra large foot pad like the one that used to come on the Rajdoot... Well, that would be standard accessory. I guess the optional one would be a carrier that goes behind the rear seat!!! Hmmm... I think this set would really compliment a chrome Two Brothers exhaust!
Count on the government to make ridiculous rules...
I have the Ninja and til I got it, was of the opinion that the saree guard has to go. You really ahve to look to see the sari guard. bajaj jhas really done a good job of it. The down side to taking he sari guard off is that the screws stick out as they are longer than the usual ones to cater to the guard.
Old 11th December 2009, 10:18   #704
Senior - BHPian

I don't think the recall will affect India's sales operation and that Bajaj should be worried. US has carb based engine, while our is a FI unit. Technical experts can provide more info if i am wrong.
Old 11th December 2009, 11:58   #705

Guys I have been noticing droplets of oil whenever i park my bike after the ride. Was going to check this with the Bajaj guys on the weekend.

Have any of the other Ninja owners experienced this. Please share your views.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks