Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2008, 22:52   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep_K_Ram View Post
Did this bike come with full DC lighting like on some of the RE bikes ?
I guess so - the thing with a diesel bike is the magneto is inside the flywheel and its much more powerful than the ones in petrol. DC is on all bikes - not sure what you are referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Eventhough i'm not a fan of the Diesel Enfield i am very much fascinated with the idea of a bit more powerful Diesel bike based on the Enfield, 16 to 18BHP Diesels would be adequate as it will come with huge amounts of torque. Some of those German Enfield Diesels with twin cylinders looks promising. It would make an ideal cruiser and fast enough for our Indian roads.
Greaves Cotton Limited -

Also - I have checked out the Bajaj Diesel Auto G100 somemodel# - it looks a good fit with a bit of fabrication onto a bullet's chassis - funding problems are holding me back... I think the Bajaj Auto is giving out nearly 12-15Bhp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution 1 View Post
Oh yeah..... It would be Pic # 3 from the below link which Sankar has given...i.e. Bullet Petrol.
How much would a modification like this cost ? And will the bike still perform after the mod ? I normally dont prefer the bike to just look good without performing.
will check and let you know..

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
I see a green diesel Bullet every day near my house. Started seeing it regularly a few months ago, when the fuel prices rose. Looks well maintained, but havent heard its sound
no sound means a well maintained one..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Sounds like its right in the territory of TATA Ace diesel. If someone can post a pic of that engine we can figure out if it will fit or not.
check above link - there are so many engines capable of being fabricated onto the bullet's chassis. The Web Albums I have has got a pic of the beautiful Centaurus - a 800 CC diesel bike, can produce nearly 25Bhp If I am not wrong - must be a very driveable city bike...
Old 27th July 2008, 01:09   #47
Senior - BHPian

There are a lot of these seen in Chandigarh and areas around there. but the way those milk men ride this thing the never apear to be too slow..
Old 27th July 2008, 10:43   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

I remember seeing these diesel bullets & Sooraj's while I was in school up north. Lots of milkman used these and I can still remember the ruckus these diesel m/c's made. It was like diesel gensets on wheels. Same sound and same vibrations..
Old 27th July 2008, 12:04   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
It was like diesel gensets on wheels.
In fact they ARE Diesel genset/pump motors on wheels
Old 28th July 2008, 11:42   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
In fact they ARE Diesel genset/pump motors on wheels
rightly said - these are real Genset's - I have seen many of them also used to pump water in their owners homes - does a real near trick and saves a lot on electricity in emergency times...
Old 28th July 2008, 14:10   #51
BHPian

yesterday i happen to see one in a very good codition,it just pass by.(anyone near nandini layout or rajajinagar 1st block might be familiar red diesel bullet)
Yes it does makes noise like one genset /pumpset.
Old 29th July 2008, 21:33   #52
Senior - BHPian

Again this thread is active? I'm happy about that being a prospective buyer
Old 30th July 2008, 11:01   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Again this thread is active? I'm happy about that being a prospective buyer
well it isnt easy to find one, in any condition - let alone running condition. You can never find one in KA (i am being too pessimistic), if you really interested in one, let me know - we can have a talk about that. you NEED to search in TN, coz there are plenty there and not much are for sale, and its ok to buy a TN one and pay the KA tax and drive it around like me.
Old 6th August 2008, 11:39   #54

Hi,

Any chances of getting a diesel enfield now?
I would be very interested to procure the same. Currently drive a 350cc RE 85 model.

Thx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
oh my God - i unsubcribed to this thread because i thought no one would ever bother to ask me or about my bike - guys if you ever get to read this thread and want to check out my bike - please PM me... (i will PM all you guys who wanted to contact me, sorry for the miss).
Old 8th August 2008, 04:01   #55
Senior - BHPian

I have seen a lot around the Salem-Erode area. Just go down and drive round, you will spot one. Sweet talk the owner into an on-the-spot sale. Put it on a truck and take it back with u.
Old 8th August 2008, 13:13   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
well it isnt easy to find one, in any condition - let alone running condition. You can never find one in KA (i am being too pessimistic), if you really interested in one, let me know - we can have a talk about that. you NEED to search in TN, coz there are plenty there and not much are for sale, and its ok to buy a TN one and pay the KA tax and drive it around like me.
Any rough idea how much would a diesel with good mechanical condition cost? I'm not bothered on looks as we'd definitely customize to match our liking.....

I'm serious in buying a bullet to enjoy the feel I lost after my college days.... But not able to decide whether Diesel or Petrol as mixed opinions are coming....
Old 9th August 2008, 03:03   #57
Senior - BHPian

Jacs, If Bullet is what you are after, don't even think of the diesel. It is a genset in a bike guise, incidentally using the bullet chasis. There is no relation or character of the original Bullet.
Old 11th August 2008, 16:10   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
I'm serious in buying a bullet to enjoy the feel I lost after my college days.... But not able to decide whether Diesel or Petrol as mixed opinions are coming....
beware what you wish for...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Jacs, If Bullet is what you are after, don't even think of the diesel. It is a genset in a bike guise, incidentally using the bullet chasis. There is no relation or character of the original Bullet.
right said - if JACS wants a bullet - this is not for you. This is just a slow rattling diesel motor on a bullet chassis. Ride will be Ok, but surely not like a petrol one. Let me know if you want a ride then you can decide...

---EDIT---

In case you are wanting to ask - I got it just for the heck of it, so many petrol heads saying blah-blah, so I wanted to give it a try and see whats the fuss about a diesel one, but fell in love with it. (i,e) after owning 2 other petrol bullets and many other bikes (7 in total). so thats me...

Last edited by svsantosh : 11th August 2008 at 16:14.
Old 11th August 2008, 16:28   #59
BHPian

svsantosh,

The tata ace is really giving me ideas.. a 700 cc parallel twin in an enfiend chassis? 16bhp ? hmmmmmm

Vijay
Old 11th August 2008, 19:51   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuav View Post
The tata ace is really giving me ideas.. a 700 cc parallel twin in an enfiend chassis? 16bhp ?
frankly - i did not know till date that ACE was running off JUST 16BHP - must be the superior gear box ratios its synched with that makes it really powerful.

BUT - where to get one, and how much can it cost? there is another thread somewhere here that this idea was already spoken of..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks