Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2015, 17:49   #106
BHPian

Re: Royal Enfield Taurus diesel

I thought of buying new bike and went to RE showroom. After hearing the price of the new bullet I gave a thought and decided to build my old diesel bull sitting idle for the past 5 years. I have started my bullet after 5 years and its running old diesel. After few kms kicker pawl got damaged and I was unable to start the bike. I have decided to make her fit, enquired about mechanics who work on diesel bull. I dont find anyone, so I have opened the clutch, gear box myself and rebuilt it. New chain and much bigger sprocket 19Teeth, std 500 4plate clutch, new main shaft, seals, bearings, GB outer case was crushed. All the parts minus labour took close to 12K I think. Now she runs great. No vibrations as I moved the sprocket teeth by 3. But the bike is struggling to pull with a pillion. I need to work on the engine as it has play in the piston and conn rod. Now I am not finding suitable mechanic who works on my engine to minimise vibrations. currently there is none till 60kmph. I am thinking to fit lombardini 15LD500 and move the corner bed to center bed inorder to reduce vibrations. 15LD500 got decent 12 hp and 30 Nm torque compared to my present 325cc 6.5hp 15Nm torque machine

Last edited by vijaycool : 27th April 2015 at 17:50.
Old 3rd October 2016, 20:30   #107

Diesel Bullet Wiring

There is this 1973 model Bullet Std chassis refitted with a Greaves engine. It had some problem in the chassis and is now back on the frame. It previously had a 9 volt battery in place, and a custom wiring, which is quite difficult to decipher now. The wiring needs to be redone, but we couldn't find any readymade kits available around. We are planning to change it to a 12 volt system. Any suggestion to a wiring diagram would be of great help.

Also, the Green-Yellow and Green-Black wire coming out of the stator are tapped together while the Green-White goes alone into the existing wiring. Can anyone elaborate a bit on this aspect. We are planning a wiring based on the AC-DC type where one output from the stator is directly given to the headlamp with an AC regulator in place and the other to the rectifier to charge the battery. I remember reading somewhere that the 3 wire stator-rotor in the enfields could produce up to 20 volts at high revolutions. Is there any fact in that? Is such a wiring possible with the existing stator-rotor combination? Can someone shed light on this as then the wiring could be done without a change of the stator or rotor.

Any details, links would be of great help.
Old 26th May 2020, 22:29   #108
BHPian

Hello, if this thread is still active would anyone have a service manual for the Tarus?
Old 8th December 2023, 17:41   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
well it isnt easy to find one, in any condition - let alone running condition. You can never find one in KA (i am being too pessimistic), if you really interested in one, let me know - we can have a talk about that. you NEED to search in TN, coz there are plenty there and not much are for sale, and its ok to buy a TN one and pay the KA tax and drive it around like me.
Hi svsantosh, will be grateful for your help on this. I am really interested in one. Would've PM'd you but could not figure out how to.

Most Viewed