Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th February 2008, 09:33   #31
Senior - BHPian

Well I never really left it. But I just took a long vacation from it. Moreover it is going to be my weekend ride. No car on the weekends.
Old 29th February 2008, 09:40   #32
Senior - BHPian

Thats a wonderful idea! I hope you'll soon get to lay your hands on a nice Jawa. If you get a Jawa tank key model grab it! But it's hard to come by and expensive.

For me motorcycling is like taking anti depressant pills
Old 29th February 2008, 10:01   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Thats a wonderful idea! I hope you'll soon get to lay your hands on a nice Jawa. If you get a Jawa tank key model grab it! But it's hard to come by and expensive.

For me motorcycling is like taking anti depressant pills
A guy auctioned his TANK key model's Tank, he got 7000 bucks just for the tank & there is this other guy selling a mint condition 63 model tank key for 69000 bucks. To me, that price was unbelievable.
Old 29th February 2008, 10:48   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
A guy auctioned his TANK key model's Tank, he got 7000 bucks just for the tank & there is this other guy selling a mint condition 63 model tank key for 69000 bucks. To me, that price was unbelievable.
Thats how the prices are like for these tank keys... now who ever thought in 1963 that their jawa could fetch him this much $$ in 2008
Old 29th February 2008, 11:04   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Thats how the prices are like for these tank keys... now who ever thought in 1963 that their jawa could fetch him this much $$ in 2008
Seriously!
My dad says he bought the 65 JAWA as a teenager. used the Car for regular use, the BIKE was for the Sunday morning & pleasure rides. And he says he never felt like upgrading never a bike as powerful as this 2 stroke until now, but still wont let me buy a new one, why? coz he wants be to be safe!

There is a 500 OHV model of JAWA which is older than the tank key model, pre war jawa basically, haven't heard much of that wonder how much that would command.

My JAWA's mechanic, his been the one since the 70's...his brother raced proper races on yezdi's and he kept the bike in shape...he packed up his shop in 2002 and was selling all the contents for scrap value. As he was infected with mechanicitous he had a lot of stuff that he could have thrown away.

-6 tank key tanks.
-19 regular tanks
-scores of the tear drop tail lamp covers some even complete assemblies.
-original levers, chain guards, round foot rests in scores.
-half a dozen yenkay speedos
-body parts, rear shocks, tank caps, bend pipes, 8 shape seats

All original JAWA/Ideal JAWA stuff and acceptatle to good condition.

most of the stuff from people who got their bike upgraded to the yezdi standard or got their bikes modified.
When he packed up he asked us to take what ever we wanted, all of the stuff if we wanted, but i didn't..Back then I thought that those parts were not worth having, now i repenting so much, Had that not been sold in scrap, it could have help dozens of bikes become original.

Last edited by gendarmee : 29th February 2008 at 11:13.
Old 29th February 2008, 16:42   #36
Senior - BHPian

Sad news the jawa is no longer available. Have another option of the 1985 Roadking.
Old 29th February 2008, 17:41   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Sad news the jawa is no longer available. Have another option of the 1985 Roadking.
What?!?
gone is 24 hours?!
Old 29th February 2008, 18:01   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
It's also good. But it won't be as exclusive as a Jawa. I don't like the shape of the Roadking tanks. Yezdi Classic looks nice if done up the right way. You can use the Yezdi Classic's chrome tank on the roadking.
Old 29th February 2008, 18:02   #39
Senior - BHPian

I quite like the other toaster tank that came on some bikes. Here is one:

Know where you can get one?! And whats the approx cost?!
Old 29th February 2008, 18:34   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
I quite like the other toaster tank that came on some bikes. Here is one:
Know where you can get one?! And whats the approx cost?!

In ur picture there is an oil pump does that mean it has a circulated oil system or is it four stroke?? I'm very curious. is it a lovely 2 stroke?
Are you looking specifically for the JAWA tank?

One more of ur kind courtesy sick nukes on flickr.

There are Yezdi's that come with a simlar tank, only thing is that they've got yezdi embossed on them.
Some one mentioned that there is a scrap yard in bangalore, called shivaji nagar scrapyard......and he said that people could try there to salvage parts.
Would cost you as much as nothing if u get from there or if u get in touch with some oldie JAWA/Yezdi mechanic he might be able to give u one, if he suffers from mechanicitous. (these guys keep the body parts in fear of when they would need them again, may be a week later or 7 years later....)

Here is a picture, picture courtesy rishab kaul from hyd on flickr.

Courtest hiren on flickr.

This kind of tank comes on ideal jawa & yezdi classic.

May be u can get this and change the Yezdi logo to a JAWA logo somehow, if ur looking specifically for a JAWA tank.

Other than that i do not have an idea.

This version, the newest of the californican, i'd love to see on the road today.

Racer Twin.
Notice that the gear stick is on down and 4 up in this JAWA!!

Last edited by gendarmee : 29th February 2008 at 18:53. Reason: adding racer pic
Old 29th February 2008, 19:08   #41
Senior - BHPian

Yeah 2nd pic in Gendarmee's post is what i was referring to. That tank looks nice.

The last very few of the Roadkings came with a 2T oil pump and CDI ignition.

Yezdis are the only bike in India in which you can interchange both front & the back wheels. A spare wheel can also be carried on the frame where you fix the crash guard. And all of them came with an automatic clutch system
Old 29th February 2008, 19:23   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah 2nd pic in Gendarmee's post is what i was referring to. That tank looks nice.

The last very few of the Roadkings came with a 2T oil pump and CDI ignition.

Yezdis are the only bike in India in which you can interchange both front & the back wheels. A spare wheel can also be carried on the frame where you fix the crash guard. And all of them came with an automatic clutch system
The automatic clutch system is so handy when if comes to a broken clutch cable or one can just change the gear in traffic w/o pressing the clutch! The clutch gets depressed automatically, its a JAWA patent even Honda had to pay to use it in their bikes.
Old 29th February 2008, 19:54   #43
Senior - BHPian

No no. I couldn't be bothered whats written on the tank. I just like that type of tank. Its the same one that you posted. I didn't have any other pic so used that one.

Have any idea where I can get one in Bombay. And the approximate cost?!
Old 29th February 2008, 20:03   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
No no. I couldn't be bothered whats written on the tank. I just like that type of tank. Its the same one that you posted. I didn't have any other pic so used that one.

Have any idea where I can get one in Bombay. And the approximate cost?!
I dont have an idea about Bombay.
I'll try to find out, And let you know in a couple of days if I catch on some solid lead.

That tank goes very well with the yezdi's.

If u want to see a more diverse designs of JAWA production bikes, go the the flickr group( I've hyper linked it with the pics in my post above, the group is still growing though)
Old 1st March 2008, 15:04   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
where is kuttapan when a thread needs him?
Right here, enjoying the show..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks