Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2008, 01:23   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer&shogun View Post
Your RK looks gorgeous blr_rk. 15,000 is only for restoring the bike or total cost of the bike with restoration? I'm also looking for RK/JAWA in bangalore. If you have any leads kindly let me know

cheers
Im sure the 15,000 was just the restoration cost, which is average for a good job.

If you are not in a hurry to buy an RK/Jawa, I would suggest you not getting it from Bangalore. The prices some people quote is quite high. Try getting out of bangalore, probably a ride down to coorg, you will surely find one for much less. I recently spoted a restored 1971 Jawa at an auto consultant near Infant Jesus Church. He quoted 35k for it. I picked up an immaculate condition 1971 Jawa for 4.5k on one of my rides to coorg. Got it just outside Bangalore in Ramnagaram. Of course such prices would be hard to come by but at least if you are lucky U will find one for real cheap.

Another option is buying from Chennai. I see you are from there. The only problem is getting the bike transferred. On my last ride to Chennai, I found a 1994 RK in fairly good condition for 7k. I left it as I did not want to take the trouble of getting it transfered to Bangalore.

Cheers
-pat-
Old 28th November 2008, 11:43   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Another option is buying from Chennai. I see you are from there. The only problem is getting the bike transferred. On my last ride to Chennai, I found a 1994 RK in fairly good condition for 7k. I left it as I did not want to take the trouble of getting it transfered to Bangalore.

Cheers
-pat-
Thanks for the suggestion Ryder! Transferring the bike - that's the big problem and i want KA register vehicle not TN in bangalore. Do you have any contact about RK in chennai? if so please let me know. I'm going to chennai tonight may be i can have a look tomorrow.

Cheers
Old 28th November 2008, 22:13   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer&shogun View Post
Thanks for the suggestion Ryder! Transferring the bike - that's the big problem and i want KA register vehicle not TN in bangalore. Do you have any contact about RK in chennai? if so please let me know. I'm going to chennai tonight may be i can have a look tomorrow.

Cheers
I guess I seen this a bit too late. I'l give you the contacts soon. I'l PM you my number, send me a text.
Old 29th November 2008, 02:25   #94
BHPian

Just curious
What is exact difference between the CL II and RoadKing?
Also were Jawa and Yezdi produced by the same company?
Yes or no What were the name/s of the company that produced both the classics?
Old 29th November 2008, 04:33   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi.k View Post
Just curious
CL II had an engine with a longer stroke, producing 13 bhp. Roadking had a short stroke, higher rpm engine, rated at 16bhp. Ideal Jawa India was the Indian licensee of Jawa(CZ - Czechoslovakia) and produced bikes both under the Jawa(initially) and Yezdi brandnames. The company was located in Mysore, now defunct. the website still exists, though - IDEAL JAWA ( INDIA ) LIMITED.

To know more about CZ-jawa history, read here - Jawa CZ Motorcycle & Mopeds - West Coast Motorcycles

See this thread too - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-produced.html

Last edited by kuttapan : 29th November 2008 at 04:41.
Old 29th November 2008, 16:28   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi.k View Post
Just curious
Guess most of your questions are answered. Here is a bit more info about the Roadking. If you know about Falta Motocross Bikes, U will appreciate this more.

Source: Wikipedia and Yezdi Yahoo Group.

The Yezdi Roadking was a model of motorcycle produced in India by Ideal Jawa Ltd, Mysore from 1978 to 1996. The bike was based on the CZ 250 ridden by rider Jaroslav Falta to the runner-up spot in the 1974 motocross world championship. It was sold under the brand name Yezdi - Roadking. The bike won several Indian rallies and road races in India. The bike had a 250 cc engine with twin exhaust ports and an semi-automatic clutch. The power was 16 bhp with a top speed of 125 km/h.

Origins
The Yezdi Roadking was originally based on 1974 CZ,where the original bore x stroke of 70 mm x 64 mm [2]was retained as it was, but with less power than its Motocross original. The engine block is smaller and different from the Yezdi Classic in appearance. Also the CZ original had the famous Porcupine Head while the same was used only in initial models, later reverted to regular straight fin design. The cylinder block (Type 980.5) was from CZ.

Chassis frame
The chassis frame is single frame of motocross origins and was built out of square tube. The fork was more pronounced with a higher rake angle and came with adjustable shock absorbers. Rims were 16 inches. The motocross and ice racing origin frame and proper weight balance made handling very easy and agile compared to its rivals in India.

Engine
The cylinder block was from CZ which had an over square bore x stroke. Carburetors were either Jikov (tickler choke) or Pacco (press type choke) of which the earlier was exclusively for Roadking, while the latter was used for Classic models. The spark plugs were of cold type and the bike also featured a semi-automatic or auto clutch, where a cam inside the gearbox housing automatically activated the clutch through a cam which is unique to this and other Yezdi models in India. The familiar Jawa-CZ twin exhaust ports made the unmistakable sound when the exhaust flute mufflers and end-cores were removed. Another unique feature of the bike was that the kick-starter and the gear shared the same rod as with all Yezdi models. Once the gear rod is reversed it doubles as a kicker and once started it automatically returns to the original position.

Models and types
CB unit models
The bike was silently launched in India in late '70s by Ideal Jawa and was a rare sight even in those days. The bike had a prominent petrol/fuel tank and the colour was Jawa Maroon and sometimes in black and gold pinstripe, priced slightly higher than the best selling Classic and CL II models. The troublesome contact breaker ignition was later replaced in 1993. Till 1989 the RoadKings had a provision for adjusting the front fork dampers.

Oil King
During late 70s another model known as Oil King was also launched which featured a oil pump for the 2T mix with petrol but later production ceased. The prominent protrusion of the left hand side gearbox housing was the original location for the pump. Though the model was discontinued the engine casing found its way into the Road King and hence all Road Kings have this protrusion even though the oil pump was not housed there anymore.

Cdi unit models
In 1993, in an effort to increase fuel efficiency and to solve starting problems the CB or contact breaker ignition units were replaced with Cdi electronic ignition units. The electrics were changed to 12 volts from 6 volts. The livery was also changed with some new graphics. The fuel efficiency was increased by 30%, but still its competitors were getting better and with rising fuel prices the sales plummeted down until finally it ceased operations in 1999.

Sale on Premium
This was the only bike in India to sell on premium for foreign currency, you would get a bike only if you paid $300 in American dollars and not even if you paid the equivalent in Indian rupees
Old 12th March 2009, 22:34   #97
SX4

Guys is the Roadking still available on request?I found the website is stii active. How is the performance,handling and braking of this bike?
Old 30th December 2009, 13:55   #98

Looks like the bike has been restored some time back and the only problem that i find is the leak in gear oil which can be seen on the ground. Rest id fine. Get ur hands on this bike if possible.
Old 27th September 2011, 00:04   #99

Re: Bought : Yezdi Roadking 1994

hello ppl,

I am pretty new to this site though had created a profile sometime back. Am bitten by the Yezdi bug and that too big time!! have been searching like a madman for the yezdi since last 2 weeks in hyderabad but yet to find one. Am looking for a RD and the ones that i am getting are exhorbitantly priced.

Can anybody help me in finding a Yezdi RD in hyderabad. Would be grateful! call on 9912999007 or mail me at vinesh1503@gmail.com

wud luk forward to ur responses.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks