Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2008, 16:32   #61
BHPian

Congrats on the bike. I still curse myself for selling my showroom mint condition black roadking which was in 110% mint condition. That was a bike, not these piddly 100cc bikes. Never gave me any problem, was dirt cheap to maintain, any mechanic could maintain it, personally did everything on the bike myself.

Wish I could buy it back, but the seller wont sell it nor can I get a new one. Prefer it over the bullet anyday. IMHO. Hardly costs a dime to maintain and was trouble free bike.
Old 3rd April 2008, 00:14   #62
BHPian

@ Kuttapan
I found all gear's and shafts, mysore & Czeck with a yezdi dealer here.

The Yezdi spare dealer here says that Jain automobiles closed down years ago, is it true when was the last anyone has been to the place?
Old 3rd April 2008, 13:02   #63
BHPian

I had the original 1962 Czech Twin in Bangalore, which I used for 12 years. Sold it in 1999 and the bike is in Delhi now.The bikes number was 6060, probably ADU or ADX. I am in the process of getting it back.
Old 4th April 2008, 19:53   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
@ Kuttapan
I found all gear's and shafts, mysore & Czeck with a yezdi dealer here.

The Yezdi spare dealer here says that Jain automobiles closed down years ago, is it true when was the last anyone has been to the place?
I last heard of them in 2004. You mean you got the stuff from Hyderabad? Maybe there is something I would be interested in. Please check ur PM.
Old 4th April 2008, 20:42   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
I last heard of them in 2004. You mean you got the stuff from Hyderabad? Maybe there is something I would be interested in. Please check ur PM.
@kuttapan
Yeah, found everything here but not everything at the same place, got it from over 5 shops & enquired at 12 others who dealt with yezdi spares. something everywhere, many places where they want to get rid of this old jawa/yezdi stuff that has been lying for years.
One shop promised me original bend pipes & Domes too, but he's in the process of shipping them to hyd from Bangalore, will be available after 25th of this month.
Now the only one spare I need is the fibre tank cap.
Sure, let me know what you'r interested in. I'm the process of getting my bike painter for re-registration, so I'd be going down for spares very often for the next 2 weeks.
btw, I didn't get any PM, please send it again.

Last edited by gendarmee : 4th April 2008 at 20:59. Reason: adding @_____
Old 4th April 2008, 20:53   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad75 View Post
Bought : Yezdi Roadking 1994

Saw the bike, took a test ride.liked it & yesterday picked it up from him.

Now about the bike :

It’s a Yezdi Roadking 1994 model, 2nd owner (I will be the third owner).black colour, original paint, of course its faded ,with rust here and there.the engine seems to be in ok condition.(Im not an expert on this).

Electricals are fine,lights,indicators etc.the prev owner had changed the battery few months back.Tyres & tubes are new.No mufflers,he had removed them.I like it that way too.its loud!! Insurance is valid till dec 08.PUC valid till jul08.I also got the original bills & the brochure of yezdi roadking.it used to cost 28k those days.

Issues Discovered till date :

On my way back home I filled petrol & while riding from the bunk I was getting strong smell of petrol, on reaching home I looked at the tank, & it was leaking!!! From the middle right side under the decal.

Need help form Team-bhpians on the following :

1.how to solve the tank leakage problem? any place in Bangalore I can source a new tank from?is the leakage repairable? Will the tinkering/painting guys be able to fix it?

Congrats on your buy. Does your RK have electronic CDI ignition ? Cos all post 92 bikes came with CDI and they were a breeze to start.

Had a 94 RK myself while @ college. There used to be a Joe in Cox town who did only imported bikes and yezdis.. got my bike ported from him..and my FE dropped from 28 to 22 kpl..but it could do 110 in 3rd and hit 135 in 4th.

RK does 0-60 in 4 odd seconds and that is pretty fast even by todays standards..maintenance is a near zero, atleast on my bike..

The tank leak can be easily repaired by any good mechanic..a temp solution is to used M seal..
Old 5th April 2008, 12:47   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Congrats on your buy. Does your RK have electronic CDI ignition ? Cos all post 92 bikes came with CDI and they were a breeze to start.

Had a 94 RK myself while @ college. There used to be a Joe in Cox town who did only imported bikes and yezdis.. got my bike ported from him..and my FE dropped from 28 to 22 kpl..but it could do 110 in 3rd and hit 135 in 4th.

RK does 0-60 in 4 odd seconds and that is pretty fast even by todays standards..maintenance is a near zero, atleast on my bike..

The tank leak can be easily repaired by any good mechanic..a temp solution is to used M seal..
yeah my bike has got CDI. sadly i get time to ride the RK only once a week sometimes once in a fortnight.thus it does require few attempts to start due to long break i guess.

the tank leak issue has been sorted for now.the mech has replaced the rusted part with new sheet metal pieces.welded & painted.the inside if the tank(where the rusted part is replaced with new sheet) looks rusty.can we paint this part?

havent checked the speeds yet.plan to do up the bike. have to get the Fc done in 09.am also in a dilemma whether to do it now or at the time of Fc.

also on the professional front.i might have to shift to mumbai next year.Can a yezdi be registered in mumbai?
Old 5th April 2008, 13:42   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad75 View Post
yeah my bike has got CDI. sadly i get time to ride the RK only once a week sometimes once in a fortnight.thus it does require few attempts to start due to long break i guess.

the tank leak issue has been sorted for now.the mech has replaced the rusted part with new sheet metal pieces.welded & painted.the inside if the tank(where the rusted part is replaced with new sheet) looks rusty.can we paint this part?

havent checked the speeds yet.plan to do up the bike. have to get the Fc done in 09.am also in a dilemma whether to do it now or at the time of Fc.

also on the professional front.i might have to shift to mumbai next year.Can a yezdi be registered in mumbai?
It is better to do at the time of FC!

Yes you should be able to register the bike out there..our mumbai bhpians could throw some light ?
Old 24th April 2008, 23:09   #69
BHPian

My JAWA idling w/o any mufflers, I love the metallic music-
Old 31st July 2008, 15:36   #70
Senior - BHPian

Folks..I just picked up a Road King.
Advise me what kind of rear view mirrors should be fitted.Ofc original mirrors would be hard to find.
Also what kind of Helmet would be advisable for Roadking?
Old 1st August 2008, 01:20   #71
Senior - BHPian

You can try Hero Honda Cd100 mirrors(rectangular) or RX100(circular) mirrors, depending on your taste. You will need an extra nut, if using the original handle.

I did not understand the helmet question. DO not buy one for style, bu the best helmet you can, in your budget. I would advise to get a full face helmet, at the risk of looking uncool/not able to let the chicks know that it's you who is riding the bike. Only full face helmets offer good protection in the event of a fall.
Old 1st August 2008, 06:44   #72
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I need tyres for my RK..... which tyres are good for cornering (bending)? Now my bike is running worn-out MRF Enfield-style tyres, which aren't suited to that kinda stuff....

There is the option of Enticer tyres, but is 120/80 advisable? I feel that it will be more of a poser tyre than one suited for cornering.

I have seen CEAT tyres on some RK's. How good are they?

Rib tyres are fine for the front, right?

Hillram sir, if you don't mind sharing, what price did you pick up the bike for in the end? I just saw your post in the Oilking thread....

Do post up pics asap.

Last edited by islero : 1st August 2008 at 06:46.
Old 1st August 2008, 11:46   #73
Senior - BHPian

@islero..I bought the RK for 8K
Old 1st August 2008, 11:55   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
My JAWA idling w/o any mufflers, I love the metallic music-YouTube - Jawa 353 Kyvacka
Sweet sweet sound gendarmee. But i preferred to not have the idle in my yezdis. Just loved the way it growls when you release the throttle especially if you are coming down a hill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero View Post
Guys, I need tyres for my RK..... which tyres are good for cornering (bending)? Now my bike is running worn-out MRF Enfield-style tyres, which aren't suited to that kinda stuff....

There is the option of Enticer tyres, but is 120/80 advisable? I feel that it will be more of a poser tyre than one suited for cornering.

I have seen CEAT tyres on some RK's. How good are they?

Rib tyres are fine for the front, right?

Hillram sir, if you don't mind sharing, what price did you pick up the bike for in the end? I just saw your post in the Oilking thread....

Do post up pics asap.
Didn't know you had a RK. When & where did you pick it up & how much did you pay ?
Old 1st August 2008, 11:55   #75
Senior - BHPian

@kuttapan..Thanks for the advise.I will go for RX Mirrors.Coming to Helmet,I feel the full size will be an over kill.I will see something which is suave as well as functional from protection point of view.

@islero..I will post the pics soon as the bike is getting a servicing done and a new paint job.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks