Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2009, 13:56   #136
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Oops. Maybe I got confused then. Mine is a Dunlop Zebra. I fail to understand, although the pattern on both the brands are similar why is the rotational direction different?
Old 8th February 2009, 14:09   #137
BHPian

The rotational direction is different because the MRF is specifically made for the front wheel where as the Dunlop Zebra MAYBE a rear tyre. I may be mistaken also because at the end of the day, the manufacturer has a much more valid reason for the above points that we don't know yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Oops. Maybe I got confused then. Mine is a Dunlop Zebra. I fail to understand, although the pattern on both the brands are similar why is the rotational direction different?
Old 8th February 2009, 15:05   #138
BHPian

Hey Jose. Well, yes they came buffed. I'm using a regular bulb currently and will upgrade to a halogen once I get the 90/100 wiring done. I have the 6V wiring coil and magnet lying as spare. So getting that converted to a 12V 90/100. WIll keep the 135 12V coil and magnet as a spare then.

I too like the Butterfly crash guard and yes, it defintely saves the legs.

I will post new pics in a few days. The bike clutch case had some minor scratches and have given the bike in for the final paint rub and polish today. I've clocked 100km already on the bike. So since its perfectly set now, I sent it in for those small paint touch ups. Will hopefully be getting the leg guard soon. So will post the video then. The engine is realllly smooth. Not a single knock in it. I had the entire clutch housing replaced as Uncle had a very Genuine 1986 packed housing lying with him. It had the price tag of Rs5372.00 on it and in small letters, Made in Japan printed. I had to have it and requested him to give it to me for free because no one would have bought it at that price. The new price for the Indian made one is quite lower and he smiled and said "Beta, tere ko jo chahiye leja."

That meshed with the primary gear perfectly. And also with the kick starter gear. So that brought the new feel to the engine as power delivery is flawless considering that the clutch housing, casing, pads, plates are all newly sourced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Congrats Kapil!!! You have done a fantastic job. I really appreciate the amount of hard-work and commitment you have made.

Reminds me of the overhauling & paintwork I did on my RX135 an year ago.
Requires lot of patience and perseverance.

My bike too sports a Samurai dome. The beam is better compared to the original ones. Which bulb are you using?

Do fix the OEM butterfly type crash-guards. IMHO, they look better than the cross-bars and provides better protection to legs & bike. Have saved me many times from others bumping on to me.

One question - did 87 RXs originally come with buffed cylinder head, fork, wheels hubs. Yours is a painted one, but I think the earlier RXs came with these parts buffed same like the RD.

Anyways, your bike is really cute. Hope she looks all the same as time ticks.

Please most more pics and videos of the bike.

- Jose.

Last edited by kapiljolly79 : 8th February 2009 at 15:08.
Old 19th August 2009, 17:34   #139
BHPian

This is one of the best threads that I have come across and it actually made me nostalgic I had a similar experience in restoring my 1991 RX100 3 years back

Though the bike did turn out to be good at that time but since the restorer did not use original parts(even though he charged me for them), a lot of the bikes parts have rusted :( Am trying to do it again with some other reputed mech. here. Hope to get my bike soon...

Btw, kapiljolly79, where are you from? I mean which city?
Old 19th August 2009, 17:53   #140
BHPian

I live in Rampur mostly. Its about three hours from New Delhi. And thanks for the appreciation.
Old 19th August 2009, 19:26   #141
BHPian

SIMPLY AMAZING... that Bike make me Drool, Dream, Desire... damn Why did i ever let go of the RX!!
Old 19th August 2009, 21:00   #142
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

@kapil- "drool maal hai sir!!"
Old 19th August 2009, 21:33   #143
Senior - BHPian

Gorgeous, I wonder how I missed this thread for long.

Congrats!! It looks like it has come straight out of factory.
Old 20th August 2009, 12:08   #144
BHPian

what a job kapil, i am touched, one day i will search and get back my Rx 135
Old 22nd August 2009, 04:42   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
Thanks Pulse. I admire your love to the bike too. And the only reason I am putting in all the new iron is to make sure that this bike stays as hard and strong for my son 17 years down the line as it did for me and my elder brothers. I have three other bikes that have undergone an almost similar rebirth. But the RX100 has always been my favourite. I want him to enjoy it too. Will start with the updation Monday on.

Well, Rx100 parts are still available. My uncel owns a Yamaha dealership and is in a small town. So he has a lot of original parts. The 12V unit is not an Rx100s but the 135s. Everything else is true to its patrs as most parts were similar. But yes, its still very easy to find Rx100 parts.

Where where where ? I need an original (I have photocopies) Workshop manual and a Parts catalog for the RX 100 ..Can he help?
Old 6th December 2009, 19:51   #146
Senior - BHPian

Dear Kapiljolly79, can you give details of the spare parts cost, i am planning to restore my RX, so i am trying to collect as much genuine parts as possible. Your inputs will definitely help me in this.

P.S. I am stationed in Nasik now and I own a 92 model RX 100.
Old 13th December 2009, 03:48   #147
Senior - BHPian

Hi Kapil

That seems a great restoration done by you.I am also eagerly waiting for the price list of all the parts you have purchased for this restoration.
Old 2nd April 2010, 07:57   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
Hey guys. Well, like I promised a few hours, here she is. All done. Rides like I just got it out of the showroom, and even looks it. People started to surround it and some even asked me today, "Sir, chupa ke rakhi thi itne saal kya?"

I must thank all of you who have been following this thread and have guided me in through. Small details have been carefully monitored and seen through the build of the bike to make sure it looks, feels and rides like new. I hope you have enjoyed following it as much, if not more, as I have enjoyed myself building this bike from scratch.
Hi that small box there- what is it? i dont have that on my rx. Is it a battery box or just a utility box to put your rc book and other stuffs?
Old 2nd April 2010, 08:09   #149
BHPian

Kapil- I have recently bought an 87 Rx 100 from a professor. How can i know if it has original Japanese parts?
Old 3rd April 2010, 15:15   #150
BHPian

amazing rebirth of the legend. best ever....

yamaha bring on those spares, many more RX100.s waiting for a rebirth !!

bring it on...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks