Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2009, 15:24   #121
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapiljolly79 View Post
Jaggu Bhai, I'm considering the inverted butterfly one. I've lilked that one more and had the same one earlier. Desideep is helping me source the heavy guage one that came on these as standard accesory from dealerships. The single crash rods came in much later and were aftermarket fitments.
Crash guards were always a dealership accessory, yes plated butterfly were the first and then came rods, somehow plated butterfly might not gel with the black bike. They go well with red and silver rx and hence suggested. Also if you can try sourcing the grab rail with carrier that came in the first bikes, that will go well with the butterfly crash rod and even a saree guard
Old 4th February 2009, 15:54   #122
BHPian

kapiljolly79 can you please post a detailed break up of the cost and the items.

And also you will be happy to know that Yamaha as decided to make available all the spare parts of RX100 through its dealers.Click here for more info.
Old 4th February 2009, 20:38   #123
Senior - BHPian

Kapil, how much does that inverted butterfly crash guard cost? (I suppose, you mean the looped one).

I replaced my bike's crashguard after a moron bent it in parking lot (must have banged on it). It cost me cool Rs.400/-. I am thinking that it is on the higher side. My mechanic is trusted one, so I doubt if he is cheating me.
Old 5th February 2009, 00:03   #124
Senior - BHPian

Hey Jaggu Bhai please check my Garage and see if the Inverted Butterfly goes with the black one or not.

@RX135 . the crash guard is going to be between 400-500 Gandhies and a local one would be 250
Old 5th February 2009, 16:03   #125
Senior - BHPian

Wow! I am smitten by her looks. She looks very pretty Kapil.

PS: Mileage kya hai
Old 5th February 2009, 19:32   #126
BHPian

the bike looks beautiful , a job well done Kapil !
Old 5th February 2009, 20:12   #127
BHPian

@kapil - The bike looks awesome. Superb job you have done on her! My sincere Congratulations!!

@Yamboy - Your bike also looks neat & well maintained.

Looking at your two rides, the song in that Yamaha advt. comes to my mind "Listen to the heartbeat, of the Yamaha". May your tribe increase.

Ranjith
Old 5th February 2009, 20:41   #128
BHPian

Nice. Attention to detail and devotion to originality - two admirable qualities. You sir, epitomize the bond that men like us develop with their machines.
Old 6th February 2009, 12:28   #129
BHPian

Kapil,

Your bike just looks awesome. Feels like it just came from the showroom.

Vijay
Old 6th February 2009, 13:21   #130
BHPian

@Nutty Nair - Thanks Man !!!

@Kapil - One more thing. In the Clutch & 2T Pump cover there should be a black round over the Yamaha Symbol. You can take it to any painter who writes the number plates & get this done easily.

Cheers!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty Nair View Post
@kapil - The bike looks awesome. Superb job you have done on her! My sincere Congratulations!!

@Yamboy - Your bike also looks neat & well maintained.

Looking at your two rides, the song in that Yamaha advt. comes to my mind "Listen to the heartbeat, of the Yamaha". May your tribe increase.

Ranjith
Old 6th February 2009, 17:59   #131
BHPian

You got that one bang on

hey Yam. Thanks. I did notice that. I guess it slipped my mind. But will get that one done asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaBoy View Post
@Nutty Nair - Thanks Man !!!

@Kapil - One more thing. In the Clutch & 2T Pump cover there should be a black round over the Yamaha Symbol. You can take it to any painter who writes the number plates & get this done easily.

Cheers!!!
Old 7th February 2009, 23:56   #132
BHPian

Congrats on a job well done... Its an inspiration for me to restore my 6yrs old P150 "Classic".
Old 8th February 2009, 07:23   #133
BHPian

Congrats Kapil!!! You have done a fantastic job. I really appreciate the amount of hard-work and commitment you have made.

Reminds me of the overhauling & paintwork I did on my RX135 an year ago.
Requires lot of patience and perseverance.

My bike too sports a Samurai dome. The beam is better compared to the original ones. Which bulb are you using?

Do fix the OEM butterfly type crash-guards. IMHO, they look better than the cross-bars and provides better protection to legs & bike. Have saved me many times from others bumping on to me.

One question - did 87 RXs originally come with buffed cylinder head, fork, wheels hubs. Yours is a painted one, but I think the earlier RXs came with these parts buffed same like the RD.

Anyways, your bike is really cute. Hope she looks all the same as time ticks.

Please most more pics and videos of the bike.

- Jose.
Old 8th February 2009, 13:03   #134
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The bike has come out better than expected. It looks like its just rolled out from the showroom. One thing though, check the fron tyres. They're mounted in the wrong direction.
Attached Thumbnails
Rebirth of my 1987 Rx100-tyre.jpg  

Old 8th February 2009, 13:26   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
The bike has come out better than expected. It looks like its just rolled out from the showroom. One thing though, check the fron tyres. They're mounted in the wrong direction.
Nope, the tyre mounting looks correct. The way it's mounted on Kapil's bike matches the way it's mounted correctly on my Karizma. I guess Kapil and I have same tyres on our rides, Zapper FS. Which is the tyre on oyur RX V12?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks