Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2009, 12:10   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
Hey Speedomania. your exaust looks great. why not meet up some time.

contact me at 9910337897
Thanks buddy! sure, will give you a call.
Old 27th February 2009, 14:30   #77
BHPian

Bike looks neat and clean... No offense but not much fan of that yellow shade...
Old 27th February 2009, 18:07   #78
BHPian

thanks viraj! thats purely personal choice buddy, theres no reason for me to be offended on that I love it! ;p
Old 27th February 2009, 21:26   #79
Senior - BHPian

Good job there. Do you plan on any other mods?
(same with me about the color.. yellow sure helps the bike to be spotted when on the road.Very handy,especially when riding at high speeds).
Old 28th February 2009, 12:57   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Good job there. Do you plan on any other mods?
(same with me about the color.. yellow sure helps the bike to be spotted when on the road.Very handy,especially when riding at high speeds).
Plan to desnorkel the air filter, rejet to maybe 100/100, move to a bigger rear sprocket from 46t to about 50t to give that extra punch! ( i'd take acceleration over top speed any day!)and get rid of that ugly rear mudflap! probably make a custom undertail and yeah if i can find a nice set of mirrors definitely i hate the stock ones!
Old 3rd March 2009, 01:23   #81
BHPian

changed engine oil to motul 300v!
Never was changing oil would be as difficult! The oil drain nut slipped its thread after the engine flush!! so took out the base plate took it to my usual machine shop, to get it rethreaded and a lareger nut, but just couldn't find a nut that would be right finally found one at the fifth shop i went to that was 15.5mm as opposed to 15mm of the original, but to my misery the machine shop guy didn't have a tap that was 15.5mm, so started my search again for a bolt that would fit and then out of nowhere, in one of the shops i had bought one of the previous ones, i found a bolt that was the same length, the same head size but just an mm more in dia! it was the ideal thing! Seemed like a miracle after searching for it all day long on my off day!
Went back to the m/c shop, got the base plate tapped and woohoo! but the pain didn't end as none of the wasers would fit! finally found a coper washer th just about did it, came back home at 8Pm put it all back together and filled up the new engine oil!
Bike feels much smoother gear shifts speacially!
Also cleaned and lubed the chain and gave the bike a thorough wash with a pressure pump and a little diesel to get rid of the grime in places.
Next mondays (off day) agenda, rear fender/mudflap removal, remount numberplate and turn signals And Carb balancing/Synch.
will post pics of that for anyone who wishes to do the same, quite simple for a twin carb as no equipment needed!
Old 3rd March 2009, 02:39   #82
BHPian

thats a lot, do kinetic still provide support for the comet..
Old 3rd March 2009, 11:07   #83
BHPian

@hemanth.das : well theres only one service center in Delhi that still does it as he's the only guy trained for it, part supply is slow and expensive but are available!

Ok gurus one more question, someone was saying that when i drain the engine it still leaves oil in the oil cooler? because if thats the case then there would be old oil along with engine flush mixing with the new one! which is not a very pleasant thought! Don't think it'd be true though but need an affirmation on that!
Old 3rd March 2009, 19:14   #84
BHPian

hey, why dont you post few pics as you go along
Old 3rd March 2009, 23:24   #85
Senior - BHPian

I own a yellow comet myself. yours is a bike that has done less than the share of kms a normal bike would do. first things first so get a complete service done. Do not mess with the OEM exhaust. Spending 10k on screaming demon or bruce fab exhaust is a great investment. these are bolt on exhaust that do not require rejetting or changing your stock air filter. the uptick in bhp isnt something thats significant. someone really needs to get the bike up on a dyno to understand it. but the bike works better at the low end and of course sounds better. its a v-twin so i would assume that it would handle a bit more back pressure than the stock bike unless you start riding it at its limits. stock bikes i believe are usually setup to meet regulatory norms and are ridden will below their limits. so you would have some room to play with the mods without messing up the engine. but running in the bike is important and 1400kms is no run in! no matter what the manual says. for the bike to run in, you need to be riding it at varying speeds/engine temparatures. its not just the kms but the range of temparatures your engine has worked in that counts as well. so have fun but run it in for another 2500kms before you start riding it at its limits for longer durations.
and please please go get that exhaust if you can afford it. i'm saving for a bruce fab myself. :-)
Old 4th March 2009, 00:22   #86
BHPian

hey quadra! well i will put up pics for the carb synch next monday didn't expect a wash and oil change to be as eventful and when it turned out that way, taking pics was the last thing on my mind!
watch this space for updates on the carb synch.
Old 4th March 2009, 12:41   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417 View Post
I own a yellow comet myself. yours is a bike that has done less than the share of kms a normal bike would do. first things first so get a complete service done. Do not mess with the OEM exhaust. Spending 10k on screaming demon or bruce fab exhaust is a great investment. these are bolt on exhaust that do not require rejetting or changing your stock air filter. the uptick in bhp isnt something thats significant. someone really needs to get the bike up on a dyno to understand it. but the bike works better at the low end and of course sounds better. its a v-twin so i would assume that it would handle a bit more back pressure than the stock bike unless you start riding it at its limits. stock bikes i believe are usually setup to meet regulatory norms and are ridden will below their limits. so you would have some room to play with the mods without messing up the engine. but running in the bike is important and 1400kms is no run in! no matter what the manual says. for the bike to run in, you need to be riding it at varying speeds/engine temparatures. its not just the kms but the range of temparatures your engine has worked in that counts as well. so have fun but run it in for another 2500kms before you start riding it at its limits for longer durations.
and please please go get that exhaust if you can afford it. i'm saving for a bruce fab myself. :-)
Hey Nilesh, thanks for the advice, buddy the stock exhaust is designed more for muffling the sound than max power! You must understand that its not an outright performance oriented bike and hence the conservative approach! As for backpressure, some amount off back pressure is required for low end power. yes i have been riding the bike with varying engine speeds with about 3/8th throttle max! its done 2000 Kms now and the idle RPM went up on its own with the screw in the same place(i had marked it) even before i replaced the muffler, which is
a good indication of the engine opening up!
Well i was totally against Debaffling the stock exhaust and thats why got a custom one made! I am a mechanical engineer and believe that Screaming deamon, bruce fab, GFL, etc are not very different from mine in functional design at least!
I have done my research and studied enough before taking the step if you require any help regarding the exhaust u can PM me.
Old 4th March 2009, 13:54   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have done my research and studied enough before taking the step if you require any help regarding the exhaust u can PM me.
I would suggest that you guys share the information here because as it is we have very less information about Comet. So this would be definitely useful for all current & future Comet owners
Old 4th March 2009, 15:10   #89
BHPian

A quick question after reading another post Speed0 -
Which place or what mechanic do you depend on for any such mods ? especially stuff like Carb Synch and all ?
I've got a Katana 600, and am unable to find a decent, reasonably priced, and prompt service point for getting it tuned to my satisfaction.. any help ?
Old 4th March 2009, 16:11   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
I would suggest that you guys share the information here because as it is we have very less information about Comet. So this would be definitely useful for all current & future Comet owners
Hey Technocrat, well i was refering to stuff i've learnt about regarding mufflers in general not specific to the comet, either ways will elaborate a little on that for clarity in my next post, along with things i learn as i do them

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks