Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2009, 07:19   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
Its not even available here. Which NSR do you ride?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...50cc-bike.html
Old 23rd April 2009, 23:49   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
What I ment to ask is does he open up the cylinder and all and scrape away at the carbon... and burn the carbon in the exhaust pipe with a torch, and stuff?

Rather than looking at the emission certificate, I try to see how less the emission is. Dosen't harm to pollute less than you are 'supposed' to, right? And 'dirty' oils like Castrol Super TT certainly don't help there.

Few years ago, a mechanic told me to use Super TT for a smoother bike. He said it gets smoother because its a thicker oil. A thicker oil may make the bike feel smoother, but it will be less peppy and rev happy. Not to mention, it will very likely stash carbon in the engine and exhaust. Dunno if Super TT does all this because it is thicker... but I sure found it to give out loads of smoke... so I never touched it again. I guess it gives out more smoke than most other mineral 2t oils.
The local mechanic I used to go to earlier used to recommend the Kinetic 2T oil because its thick. I dont think Super TT is thick at all. Jettx is not thick either but it does make the bike smoother.

Yamalube seems to be thicker. The Motul Motomix I'm using right now seems to be a very good oil. Those of you who are avoiding it because it has "Kinetic" printed on the front should try it.
Old 24th April 2009, 00:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

^^^So you find Motul Motomix better than Jet x? In which vehicle? In what ways?

Problem is availability... dunno where to get it. Have been thinking of changing to Sprinta... if I can find their 2t. My shogun will need a drink soon...
Old 24th April 2009, 10:46   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^^So you find Motul Motomix better than Jet x? In which vehicle? In what ways?

Problem is availability... dunno where to get it. Have been thinking of changing to Sprinta... if I can find their 2t. My shogun will need a drink soon...
I would say its similar in performance as a mineral oil but, its cheaper. The distributor is in Bombay.

Petronas distributors are only available in Bombay and Delhi. If your bike is not ported there is no need to go synthetic. Up to semi synthetic is enough. If you're ever coming here let me know.

Here are details for the Regional Manager of Motul. He's a very helpful guy. He would be able to connect you with someone in Pune for Motul.

Mr. Preetam Goswami
+91 9920753582
preetamg@alsl.net

Last edited by straight6 : 24th April 2009 at 10:47.
Old 24th April 2009, 10:50   #35
Senior - BHPian

I need petronas 5000 or 4000 badly

Can anyone help?
Old 24th April 2009, 12:11   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would say its similar in performance as a mineral oil but, its cheaper. The distributor is in Bombay.

Petronas distributors are only available in Bombay and Delhi. If your bike is not ported there is no need to go synthetic. Up to semi synthetic is enough. If you're ever coming here let me know.

Here are details for the Regional Manager of Motul. He's a very helpful guy. He would be able to connect you with someone in Pune for Motul.

Mr. Preetam Goswami
+91 9920753582
preetamg@alsl.net
This Motul is a semi-synthetic?

There are few places I know where Petronas is available in Pune. One of them did not have the 2t though.

No, my bike isn't ported/modified. But I'm hoping Petronas has a cheaper mineral/semi-syn 2t oil. Would prefer to stop using Castrol.

No plans to come to Bom at the moment. :(

Thanks for the number. Will save it. Guess will look at Motul if I don'g get Petronas.

What are you guys using for the gearboxes btw?? This seems to be the least discussed oil... lol!
Old 24th April 2009, 17:32   #37
BHPian

Motul 800 is full synth.

AGIP is another option, stocked by yamaha showrooms.
Old 24th April 2009, 19:03   #38
Senior - BHPian

The Motul that I'm using is mineral.

Petronas only has the 4000 and the 5000 here. They don't sell the ones below that.

I thought Yamaha showrooms only stock Yamalube.
Old 24th April 2009, 22:46   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiragh_bir View Post
I need petronas 5000 or 4000 badly

Can anyone help?
Contact one of these guys:

Petronas Distributors - Delhi

1.Indo Trading Co. - Kashmere Gate (Near Railway Station Gate)
Contact Mr. Mandip Sethi – Mobile No. -09811250089 .

2.Vrdhman Oil Store – BA-35, Mangolpuri Industrial Area, Phase 2, Delhi
Contact Mr. Manuj Jain – 09999459946 . (very responsive person, sad I couldn't buy from him)

3.Gupta Oil Co. - Pandav Gali, Vishwas Nagar, Shahdara, Delhi
Contact Mr. Dinesh Gupta – No. 09811188942.
Old 24th April 2009, 23:54   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Motul that I'm using is mineral.

Petronas only has the 4000 and the 5000 here. They don't sell the ones below that.

I thought Yamaha showrooms only stock Yamalube.
Heheh... had been to the TVS ASC today. And I remembered seeing Motul barrels and 2t bottles also. So asked the stores guy at the gate if it was in stock. He said they have Kinetic 2t. Took 2 secs to strike me he most likely means that its the Motul oil which is Kinetic co-branded or whatever! I asked him if its made by Motul... he said no idea... he just knows its for Kinetic vehicles!

So much for Motul... are they really so daft to think that putting the Kinetic label is going to do wonders to their product...
Old 25th April 2009, 00:10   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Heheh... had been to the TVS ASC today. And I remembered seeing Motul barrels and 2t bottles also. So asked the stores guy at the gate if it was in stock. He said they have Kinetic 2t. Took 2 secs to strike me he most likely means that its the Motul oil which is Kinetic co-branded or whatever! I asked him if its made by Motul... he said no idea... he just knows its for Kinetic vehicles!

So much for Motul... are they really so daft to think that putting the Kinetic label is going to do wonders to their product...
He was talking about the oil I'm using now. Check the picture on the first page. Did you ask how much?
Old 25th April 2009, 00:22   #42
Senior - BHPian

Yes, yes, I thought so too. I didn't ask him how much as i caught the guy at the gate... and not in the stores. So he could not have looked up the price anyway. I'm probably better off with my Jet X... unless I decide on Petronas. Whats the difference betweent their 4000 and 5000?

Intrestingly these guys seem to be using Motul 20W40 instead of TVS Tru 4t in their 4 strokers also.
Old 25th April 2009, 01:02   #43
BHPian

In my experience, Petronas is very good.
Other than this, Motul 800 is the ultimate 2T oil bar none. Sadly, when it got too expensive to keep running it all the time, I would slightly mix it with Motul 2T mix.
Old 25th April 2009, 13:26   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, yes, I thought so too. I didn't ask him how much as i caught the guy at the gate... and not in the stores. So he could not have looked up the price anyway. I'm probably better off with my Jet X... unless I decide on Petronas. Whats the difference betweent their 4000 and 5000?

Intrestingly these guys seem to be using Motul 20W40 instead of TVS Tru 4t in their 4 strokers also.
The Petronas 4000 is semi synthetic and 5000 is fully synthetic. I'm using the Motul 5100 20W-40 in my gearbox and its quite good.
Old 25th April 2009, 14:33   #45
Senior - BHPian

^^^Ahhh great... so the 4000 is semi-synth, and must be cheaper. So mebbe I can use that. Hope I can find it somewhere before my Jex X runs out. I'm scared of buying it at random places... for obvious reasons.

Are you sure Motul 5100 is 20W40??? I see on the net that it has a different viscocity?!

Btw, I just saw - the 2 Jet X bottles whose pics you have posted have a black strip instead of a hologram strip. According to Castrol, the seal must have a hologram. Are you sure you aren't using spurious stuff??

Last edited by Raccoon : 25th April 2009 at 14:36.

Most Viewed