Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2013, 11:28   #3241
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Royal Enfield 500 Classic thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
Thanks a lot. Shall drop by at the 3M store tomorrow and check it out.

Also today by bikes starter has started playing up. Horn, turn lights all work but bike won't start with the starter. Will get the battery checked tomorrow.
With the starter usually there are few things which can go wrong.

1. Battery which will last up to 1.5 yrs
2. ES switch gets clogged, cleaning it resolves the issue
3. Relay gets stuck and tapping it with a screwdriver can help you get moving temporarily.
4. Blown fuse
Randhawa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 00:14   #3242

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandkenkare View Post
The new colour scheme on CL500 available from August I believe...

It has a certain class but I still think teal green is the best.
Hi guys my first post in team-bhp. thought this might be interesting.

The C5 is available in the US in the two colour scheme mentioned by anandkenkare.

it comes in 3 variations:
1) black stripe on grey with black and yellow logo
2) white on black with usual logo
3) 'cherry' on 'tan' with logo in red and yellow

Wondering whether we'll see these these options in India, considering the fact that they are built and exported from here. What do you think?

references : http://www.enfieldmotorcycles.com/mo...lassic-c5.html
and
Old 13th September 2013, 11:25   #3243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
With the starter usually there are few things which can go wrong.

2. ES switch gets clogged, cleaning it resolves the issue
My Bike is like a patient. is ill when at home and perfectly alright the moment it knows its gonna get some medication. The ES was playing up since a few days as reported by me earlier. Took it to the workshop today and vola, the moment the dude there hit the ES, it came to life. But he was kind enough to check all possibilities of why the ES was acting up. He figured out the ES switch was a little hard. Open, Oiled, Cleaned and its all good now.

@Randhawa, thanks a lot for your inputs. Planning to work on the rust & cleaning issue over the weekend.

Regards,
Old 13th September 2013, 14:31   #3244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
My Bike is like a patient. is ill when at home and perfectly alright the moment it knows its gonna get some medication. The ES was playing up since a few days as reported by me earlier. Took it to the workshop today and vola, the moment the dude there hit the ES, it came to life. But he was kind enough to check all possibilities of why the ES was acting up. He figured out the ES switch was a little hard. Open, Oiled, Cleaned and its all good now.

@Randhawa, thanks a lot for your inputs. Planning to work on the rust & cleaning issue over the weekend.

Regards,
With the 3m compound I mentioned, use a clean cloth and apply the compound on the surface to be cleaned. Sprinkle a bit of water on the surface before you start rubbing it.
Randhawa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 18:06   #3245
BHPian

advice on Enfield Desert Storme

I am expecting delivery of Desert storme next week. I wanted advise on the modifications usually suggested
1) Do i need to change the handle bar & spring seats. I am told its a pain during long rides
2) How do i prevent rust. Can i use antirust coating on matte finish. I assume teflon doesnt make sense on matte finish.
3) Is there a need to change to upswept exaust.

Thank you
Old 13th September 2013, 19:53   #3246
Senior - BHPian

Re: advice on Enfield Desert Storme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudden123 View Post
1) Do i need to change the handle bar & spring seats. I am told its a pain during long rides
Varies from person to person. I know guys who just cant cope up with the seat and handlebar geometry at all. On the other hand there are guys who still tour extensively on the stock setup. I suggest dont rush into this mod now. Find out if the seating geometry is causing any problems for you. If yes, go for a change to a higher handle bar(RDss/Electra's) and an unsprung seat..
2) How do i prevent rust. Can i use antirust coating on matte finish. I assume teflon doesnt make sense on matte finish.
I suggest NOT to use ANY type of coating or polish or even car shampoo on the matte surface. Please refer to this link.

There is a special polish available for matte surface. I am not sure of its availability here. As for the chrome parts, i used to apply a little bit of kerosine on the chrome after washing, it helps. Also remove any mud sticking to chrome surface after a ride in the rains. Spraying WD40 after wash will also help if you dont want to use kerosine.

If you want a smoother top-end performance stick to the stock long bottle. Else if you are planning on offroading and want a better sound go for upswept.
Congrats on the new ride. Another applause for your patience throughout the long waiting period. Please find my answers in BOLD. Hope it helps.
man_of_steel is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2013, 22:40   #3247
BHPian

Ill give u my opinion. Go for the off road exhaust(not OEM) if u really need to feel the bull, I have owned the bike for last few months now and ill say that after changing the exhaust ive started loving my bike more. I have not an issue of missing power/beat. If you are worried about warranty go for the upswept from RE its good enough to make u feel that u ride a bull.
About the handle bar I suggest you to take sometime on that dont hurry because it takes time to find the best posture. If you are more than 6" im sure ull replace the handle(I use an extended RD bar, it serves the purpose but I really feel that it spoils the look I dint have another choice)
Take my word, the seats are awesome ive never had a bad ache till this day:
psmenon is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 23:51   #3248

I have booked a DS, and expecting delivery in a couple of months, but if RE is bringing new colour schemes for 2014 like in the US (read my post above) I would prefer to wait and weigh my options. Any of you guys here know any intel on paint job updates in india?
Old 18th September 2013, 18:09   #3249
BHPian

One more query. Can i use a body cover on the bike. Does it have any adverse impact on the paint?
Old 18th September 2013, 19:50   #3250
BHPian

I have one query regarding the delivery.

I have done the full payment of my bull and the dealer has asked me to pick up the vehicle on temp reg no. any time I wish. Or else I have to wait till the vehicle gets permanent reg. no. I wanted to know if there is any harm in picking up the vehicle on temp. reg. no. ?
Old 18th September 2013, 20:10   #3251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
I wanted to know if there is any harm in picking up the vehicle on temp. reg. no. ?
Absolutely no problem with a temporary registered vehicle as long as you have the full payment receipt and insurance.
In case of a bike on EMI, make sure to carry the documents pertaining to the same.
preetam_KORG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 15:48   #3252
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you
i never liked the upswept as its becomes a pain while removing rear tyre due to its useless design. It may be good at looks, but there are other better options available in market. i used it for 10 days and since then its dumped in my storeroom
Old 19th September 2013, 15:58   #3253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One more query. Can i use a body cover on the bike. Does it have any adverse impact on the paint?
No problem at all, if used properly. It will protect the paint from dust and direct sunlight. But make sure not to scratch the paint while taking the cover off or while putting it on. Especially after a rainy day ride dirt/sand might stick to the cover and might scratch the paint.
Old 22nd September 2013, 00:08   #3254
BHPian

Hello , I am facing some battery issues with my Classic 500 chrome, the battery gets discharged when I ride for sometime, has anyone faced similar issues? Please advice? it's exactly an year old bull done about 26 k kms.
Old 23rd September 2013, 15:25   #3255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am expecting delivery of Desert storme next week. I wanted advise on the modifications usually suggested

Thank you

Have you booked at Teknik motors, Ulsoor? Hope to see you there, am expecting delivery of my DS next week too.

A friend of mine who has a DS strongly recommends not to use any kind of paint polish or enhancements on the matt finish. He says a good wash is all that is required.

Happy thumping!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks