Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2010, 20:25   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonk View Post
As I posted earlier (probably in another thread) the forks in the Classic are not inverted. It is just a dust cover on top of the normal telescopic forks. It is there on the Std 350 as well.

Please excuse the crappy diagram below.

Ohhhh, Thats cool.

So I think, I can go in for the CL350 without worrying much in that case. The only hinderance is the discomfort of the seat which I can get modified to something without the seat with some comfort for lower back.

Thank you Grease Monk
Old 22nd February 2010, 20:59   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennjit View Post
But first, what is a 'Reverse fork' ?
hope it ain't Usd forks.
Telescopic shocks with fork gators. USDs? How we all wish that will happen someday.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 22nd February 2010, 20:59   #48
BHPian

I agree with GreaseMonk regarding the front forks. Check the Royal Enfield website and compare CL350 and Electra: Front suspension of both are : Telescopic, Hydraulic Damping, Stroke 130 mm
Old 22nd February 2010, 21:19   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Telescopic shocks with fork gators. USDs? How we all wish that will happen someday.

Cheers,

Jay
What are these things called Fork Gators? Are these ones similar to ones used on the SBKS?
Old 22nd February 2010, 21:59   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
What are these things called Fork Gators? Are these ones similar to ones used on the SBKS?
Here you go

http://www.dansmc.com/forkboots.jpg

Cheers,

Jay
Old 22nd February 2010, 22:17   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantrig View Post
The only hinderance is the discomfort of the seat which I can get modified to something without the seat with some comfort for lower back.
Hi,

Sitting a bit back helps counter the discomfort. Although it does result in loosened nuts at the front end of the seat.
Old 22nd February 2010, 22:30   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssYouWe View Post
Hi,

Sitting a bit back helps counter the discomfort. Although it does result in loosened nuts at the front end of the seat.
Thanks Jay, for the image.

Hey EssYouWe - How tall would you be? The reason I am asking you this in particular is, just to understand if you face any issues while changing the gears as such due to 18" rear.

Though, I don't think it should be a problem with the regular heel shift lever like all bikes in general.

I had problem this problem on my STD 350 when I had a low lying seat and had to switch to a seat with better height to avoid getting cramps in my thighs during shifting gears (especially using Nuetral Finder used to be very painful).
Old 22nd February 2010, 23:14   #53
Senior - BHPian

I am somewhere between 5'11" and 6'.
Never really measured it.

In any case, I used to face that problem with all the other bikes(Yams, HHs etc) , but haven't till now with the Classic.
Old 23rd February 2010, 01:18   #54
BHPian

Suspension

Sorry Guys,

For the lack of my knowledge, or incomplete review of technical specifications or misconception etc. All Bulls are with telescopic suspension with 130 mm stroke.

The reason of issues with old bulls might be solely attributed to the weight they initially had leading to shocks wearing out early than anticipated..

Can anybody comment on the looks of the new Electra 5s UCE..I have seen the bike in show room, but would like to hear from you all..especially about the thump... All bulls have the same 70mm x 90mm stroke which means all will have almost similar kind of thumping, then why is it less heard on the UCE's than the CI's..is the because of the silencer design or the construction of the engine..

Regards,

Rahul K
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:35   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Telescopic shocks with fork gators. USDs? How we all wish that will happen someday. ..
Technically reverse forks are the USD forks, i believe. It was Kinda shocking when someone mentions older RE's. May be its the metal 'cover tube' (in RE terminology) which confuses. 'Gaiters' are usually of rubber/plastics, collapsible like bellows. Anyway both forks are same on maintenance but having a cover keeps dust out & makes up the look by covering up the skinny fork main tube. As for Electra, one can use Mach 350/500 fork gaiters.
USD & RE, what for?

Last edited by Rennjit : 23rd February 2010 at 10:43.
Old 23rd February 2010, 13:45   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Can anybody comment on the looks of the new Electra 5s UCE..I have seen the bike in show room, but would like to hear from you all..
Ive seen the Electra UCE in showroom but it doesnt create the "Love at first sight" effect on me like the Classics. It looks like a big bike thats all and I ve always thought the front forks without the 'Dust covers' looks skinny as Rennjit said.
Old 25th February 2010, 14:30   #57
taj
BHPian

Electra UCE 350 in Kochi Show room,
Price 100500/- Ex Showroom Kochi

Some Pics:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...w-sale-71.html
Old 25th February 2010, 18:35   #58
BHPian

Today I went to Jayanagar, Bangalore Royalenfield showroom.

Following are the prices.
Electra Disc Kick Start - 100684
Electra Disc Electric Start - 105119

I am in some kind of confusion, whether to change my booking from CL350 to Electra5S.

My feel is also that, the split seats are not comfortable, (OR at least for me).
If I do that , I can save 6000 INR.

So Still thinking about it.
Old 25th February 2010, 19:00   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by double View Post

I am in some kind of confusion, whether to change my booking from CL350 to Electra5S.

My feel is also that, the split seats are not comfortable, (OR at least for me).

Hey double still classic is classic. how many months since you have been waiting for the CL.

I would suggest electra if and only if you cannot wait for the delivery. Other have some patience. it will surely be paid off when you stand out of the crowd.

Meanwhile at what time were you there. I was at showroom at around 12 for my payment for TBTS which i had booked. We could have met.
Old 26th February 2010, 00:00   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by double View Post

City Slicker: CL350/500

Mile Muncher: All other UCE 350s.

And if you've got strong legs, you won't miss the trick start. Use the money for a nice riding jacket.

Cheers,

Jay

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 26th February 2010 at 00:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks