Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2010, 18:05   #151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Looks hot. Wow dude. those rim tapes look awesome on the bike.
Tks mate!

[quote=ajith;1979614]Am considering this bike and had some doubts. Hope you can help clear some of them.
Did the probiking centre have the sliders?
No
Do the PUIG come in black? If you lay the bike down onto the slider, what else touches the ground? If you could try it on grass with a cloth on the ground, you can get a good idea of what you will be getting into should you have to lay the bike down.
Yes u get them in black..If the bike goes down ul touch the bar end weights, the clutch/brake lever dpeneding on the surface and some section of the swingarm

How does she feel in the city and on the highway?
Feels decent in the city and gr8 on the highway
Is the GC enough that you dont have to think about it?
With a pillion or on a large hump yes
How is the lighting from the stock headlamps?
adequate
How much do a set of spare tyres cost?
I wudnt know as im still on my first new set

The pillion seat being high is something i am already familiar with on the Karizma. It looks even higher on this. How much does a pillion upset the balance?
If the pillion does not know how to sit. it can get only as bad as on any other bike..not worse.
Old 13th July 2010, 19:14   #152
Senior - BHPian

My answers are inline below. Cannot comment on the sliders as I dont have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajith View Post
Am considering this bike and had some doubts. Hope you can help clear some of them.

How does she feel in the city and on the highway? Easy to ride in the city with good amount of low end torque. But the real fun is on the highway's.

Is the GC enough that you dont have to think about it? I havent bottomed out yet, on road humps, speed breakers etc. GC is good enough for indian roads but dont try riding on very bad roads.

How is the lighting from the stock headlamps? Very good. I have cruised at 120-140kmph at night and even touched a top whack of 160kmph at night for quite a distance. The beam throw is wide and the brightness is excellent. It can really blind oncoming traffic with the high beam.

How much do a set of spare tyres cost? 11k something for the IRC tires which is available at the Bajaj service center. Recommended to go for other alternatives like the Bridgestone Batallax or the Michelin Sport Demon's instead, since they cost the same and are much better in grip levels. IRC's are actually low budget tires but are pretty good and last around 12k kms.

The pillion seat being high is something i am already familiar with on the Karizma. It looks even higher on this. How much does a pillion upset the balance? Depends if the pillion shifts his/her weight while riding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by west View Post
My Ninja with out and with baffle on a yoshumira Carbon fiber exhaust
YouTube - 20-06-10_2036.3gp
Please post a better video. Since the space around the bike is kinda enclosed, the sound is resonating a lot... which does not give the true sound effect. Closed spaces like garages and passages will always mask the actual sound and make it sound louder, bassier and deeper.

I'm toying with the idea of getting an M4 slip-on or a Hot Bodies MGP growler. The latter is bloody loud as it is more like a free flow / straight pipe. See the MGP growler clips on you-tube for how loud this is. The only thing i am worried about is pissing off the cops.
Old 13th July 2010, 23:16   #153
Senior - BHPian

You're better off with the M4. The Hotbodies is irritating after a while.
Old 14th July 2010, 00:10   #154
Team-BHP Support

If the rim tapes were thinner in width, it would have increased the appeal more.

^From Splendor(after-market) to MV's the rim tapes charmness has wared out somewhat
Old 14th July 2010, 00:25   #155
Team-BHP Support

Looking good Abhishek. Now you gotta time that perfectly deep carbon fiber exhaust.

manson.
Old 14th July 2010, 13:36   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
If the rim tapes were thinner in width, it would have increased the appeal more.

^From Splendor(after-market) to MV's the rim tapes charmness has wared out somewhat
i did have the thinner rim stripes on the zma, but the fat ones go well with the overall bulk of the ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Looking good Abhishek. Now you gotta time that perfectly deep carbon fiber exhaust.
Amen to that my friend

Last edited by n_aditya : 23rd February 2012 at 16:46. Reason: [/quote] tags fixed
Old 14th July 2010, 16:37   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
You're better off with the M4. The Hotbodies is irritating after a while.
I was thinking on the same lines as well but wanted an expert's opinion. Thanks for helping me decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
I got green rim tapes for my ninja too (locally) but they are not as thick as the ones on balenopower's bike.

Quote:
+1 to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
i did have the thinner rim stripes on the zma, but the fat ones go well with the overall bulk of the ninja
I agree. I asked the sticker guy to put thicker ones but he was adamant that thin ones will look good. Didnt have anything to lose so went ahead with it. When it wears off, I'll get thicker ones.

Last edited by n_aditya : 14th July 2010 at 16:42.
Old 26th August 2010, 19:13   #158
BHPian

Abhishek - Your thread seems to have died - no updates and no additional pictures - is the rain killing your thrill of driving the baby Ninja - Hope to see you update the thread more often with Pictures of your travel.

Kailash

Last edited by kailashnj : 26th August 2010 at 19:14.
Old 26th August 2010, 23:12   #159
Team-BHP Support

An update is sort of due, but he won't get around installing the stuff.

manson.
Old 27th August 2010, 18:14   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Abhishek - Your thread seems to have died - no updates and no additional pictures - is the rain killing your thrill of driving the baby Ninja - Hope to see you update the thread more often with Pictures of your travel.

Kailash
U got that bang on mate..Havent been riding the bike much cause of the rains.

Quote:
An update is sort of due, but he won't get around installing the stuff.

manson.
The update should be up tomorro
Old 29th August 2010, 11:53   #161
BHPian

Finally made the time to apply the stomp grips..barely got to follow any of the instruction leaflets or Mansons DIY instructions, but i think i managed pretty ok. Havent ridden the bike post application but damn does it feel great. Here's some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-2.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 29th August 2010, 13:24   #162
Team-BHP Support

Looks great and a neat DIY job.
Old 10th September 2010, 15:55   #163
BHPian

Hi Abhi, went through your whole thread and its awesome mate, have been so disconnected that haven't had enough time even to attend meets also.

Don't even know when u became a full time auto journalist.
Dude this is Dhiraj (xbhp: Nirvana) how is it going brother? coming back to the thread that is one nice lookin ninja, i saw some monster stickers, when do they come on?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by .anshuman : 10th September 2010 at 16:07. Reason: Please read the edited post.
Old 21st September 2010, 15:08   #164
BHPian

Hey buddy, it has been a long time indeed. All is well here mate. yea finally managed to upgrade to something substantial on two wheels. you need to meet up and catch up mate.
Old 24th September 2010, 16:00   #165
BHPian

End of monsoons meant it was time to gear up. Had a brilliant ride last weekend. The black ninja is me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks