Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 17:34   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Going little off topic here ... But heard that Bajaj & TVS also coming up with 250 cc bikes. Bajaj's bike will be around 27-30 BHP. Must be cool. I am waiting for that to come. I cant afford 3+ lacs bike now like Ninja. Bajaj will be selling it around 1.25 Lacs. I am eagerly waiting for that. Find more details on :
New Pulsar 250 may just be a liquid cooled parallel twin! - Motoroids.com

Dont bet on it mate
Old 31st March 2010, 17:56   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Going little off topic here ... But heard that Bajaj & TVS also coming up with 250 cc bikes. Bajaj's bike will be around 27-30 BHP. Must be cool. I am waiting for that to come. I cant afford 3+ lacs bike now like Ninja. Bajaj will be selling it around 1.25 Lacs. I am eagerly waiting for that. Find more details on :
New Pulsar 250 may just be a liquid cooled parallel twin! - Motoroids.com
Kawasaki is a legend when it comes to motorcycling and this Ninja has been refined over the years. I have my doubts that such level of refinement can be achieved by Bajaj (or anyone else) overnight. I admire Bajaj for what they have done to the Indian Motorcycling scene but this is expecting a little too much too soon.
Old 31st March 2010, 19:04   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats dude !!! Enjoy the ride with your bike.

I heard that once you start the engine, you have to wait for some time. RPM has to set it around 1500. Is it true? If it is the case then its really irritating one
Cold start is needed on most bikes today for the engine to attain its idle temperature and rpm. Supposed to be a good practice. The same applies to cars too.

Last edited by MurtazaGhiya : 31st March 2010 at 19:05.
Old 31st March 2010, 23:59   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Kawasaki(All japs) is a legend when it comes to motorcycling and this Ninja(CBR/YZF/GSX) has been refined over the years. I have my doubts that such level of refinement can be achieved by Bajaj (or anyone else) overnight. I admire Bajaj for what they have done to the Indian Motorcycling scene but this is expecting a little too much too soon.
i do subscribe to this fact
Old 1st April 2010, 09:59   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Kawasaki is a legend when it comes to motorcycling and this Ninja has been refined over the years. I have my doubts that such level of refinement can be achieved by Bajaj (or anyone else) overnight. I admire Bajaj for what they have done to the Indian Motorcycling scene but this is expecting a little too much too soon.
I totally agree with you guys. Kawasaki is a legend & Ninja is more refined. But you have see the price factor also. Compare apple to apple. You will definitely not get Ninja Quality & refinement in around 1.25 Lacs. But i am sure it will be good bike for that price. Surely it will catch the higher sales numbers. Current Bajaj 220 (new) also is the best bet at that price. Below 90K you are getting such a powerful bike with reliability and good A.S.S. I am using my Pulsar 180 for last more than 2.5 years now & i am extremely happy with it. That time also no other bike was as good as it in 65 k.

I am looking for bike upgrade now. Was planning to buy new Pulsar 220 naked. But when i heard 250 is coming, i am waiting for it. Lets see. I hope Bajaj is not going to disappoint me
Old 2nd April 2010, 21:35   #66
BHPian

ok first landmark reached..Today being a holiday and 750 km on the odo, headed out in the afternoon to hit the 1000 km mark. Had a nice ride to karjat and back with 950 km now. First service tomorrow.
Old 2nd April 2010, 21:40   #67
BANNED

so where you are giving it for servicing hope not your tony going throughtout the thread i dont under stand why did you change your oil when you had done 700km and now in servicing again an oil change.... hello even i had to do my running in on my new HAYABUSA

Last edited by anku : 2nd April 2010 at 21:48.
Old 3rd April 2010, 09:04   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
should hit a true 165 km/h thanks to 33 PS and 22 Nm of torque. as far as riding is concerned, read the previous posts mate.
It sure will! Amazing bike there you got yourself, pal, 33 ps from 250 ccs is great, I remember the RD 350 had 30.5 bhp and the bullet, just 18 from 350 ccs! Anyone has some gyan on the conversion factor between PS and BHP?
Old 3rd April 2010, 10:17   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

First of all congrats on the quarter litre ninja. Looks fantastic in black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
It sure will! Amazing bike there you got yourself, pal, 33 ps from 250 ccs is great, I remember the RD 350 had 30.5 bhp and the bullet, just 18 from 350 ccs! Anyone has some gyan on the conversion factor between PS and BHP?
I guess 1 bhp = 1.01 PS.

1Kw = 1.3404 Bhp

Hope I got it right
Old 3rd April 2010, 12:43   #70
Senior - BHPian

1PS=.987bhp, So ninja is 32.571 bhp to be precise.

PS:IIRC in unrestricted HT version RD used to produce as musch as 38 bhp.
Old 3rd April 2010, 12:45   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Kawasaki is a legend & Ninja is more refined. But you have see the price factor also. Compare apple to apple. Was planning to buy new Pulsar 220 naked.
Good lord in heaven! don't do that, man. Be sure to be well dressed when you venture into that showroom!!
Old 3rd April 2010, 12:51   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
First of all congrats on the quarter litre ninja. Looks fantastic in black.

I guess 1 bhp = 1.01 PS.

1Kw = 1.3404 Bhp

Hope I got it right
Thanks I'll make a note of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
1PS=.987bhp, So ninja is 32.571 bhp to be precise.

PS:IIRC in unrestricted HT version RD used to produce as much as 38 bhp.
Really? as per my info the HT was 30.5 and the LET was 28. There's an interesting RD350 and yet another yezdi 350 thread, around here. Very interesting stuff, hope you've checked it out?
Old 3rd April 2010, 16:28   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by windiesel View Post
Really? as per my info the HT was 30.5 and the LET was 28. There's an interesting RD350 and yet another yezdi 350 thread, around here. Very interesting stuff, hope you've checked it out?
While we are talking here in Indian context, you are right, but in general even my statement is not wrong.

No i havent checked those thread, now lets not go anymore OT.

@bp: Service done, do you get the oil changed?

Last edited by BANDHAV : 3rd April 2010 at 16:29.
Old 4th April 2010, 13:49   #74
BHPian

ok guys first service done. i carried Petronas 20w 40 mineral oil with me, but the bajaj guys were totally unaware of the brand. They insisted i use their recommedned oil, which was Valvoline 20w 50. Since i did not want to tick them off in lieu of my waranty i agreed. Im going to change the oil in the next 500 km anyways. Service is very much paid for and even the littlest thing add to the labour cost. Getting the number plate off led to stripping the whole front fairing off and an additional 300 bux. Kawasaki il filter was 300 odd bucks, all in all with no plate removal, oil change,oil filter,labour, shux they even charge 60 bucks for lubing the chain, the total came to 1900 odd rupees. Quality of service was pretty decent but some more intelligent staff who are aware of big bikes would surely be appreciated. i can now keep my revs at 6k rpm so the next ride to lonavla shud be quicker and more fun. T-bhpian manson ordered a sick looking sheet of monster energy decals from thailand, The bike shud be adorning them soon. Here are some pics..
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-dscf1017.jpg  

Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-dscf1018.jpg  

Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-dscf1020.jpg  

Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-dscf1021.jpg  

Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-dscf1024.jpg  

Last edited by balenopower : 4th April 2010 at 13:51.
Old 4th April 2010, 14:05   #75
Senior - BHPian

Thats pretty fast done 1000kms. You've been itching to get there.
Now that its reached i can help because iam just waiting to know the reports of your next ride with the boys.
Specially Kunal and amit, they'll be left with their jaw open. Chintan am not so sure dont know what he's riding and hes wild so cant say much.

Any bike cam's on your next ride. Heard you were going to get one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks