Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2010, 16:12   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Ho the black twins look killers .Nice shots .Do post other pics .
BTW what mileage are you getting , some have reported 40 + .
too busy having fun to check the mileage mate. But will put up some figures soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech View Post
great pics...what size is the IRC tire ? is it 140 mm as well ?
Nah, the rear is a 130 section.
Old 12th April 2010, 17:42   #92
BHPian

congrats on the new bike!

some questions for u

what kinda mileage does she give?
top speed is around how much?
Old 12th April 2010, 19:43   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
With almost 1100 km on the odo, i thought it was time for the ninja to sing. Its just perfect for our roads, the handling, the balance, the smooth screaming powerplant..aah im in loooove...here are some pics which our very own BRAVE anku shot from his BB.More pics comin up soon
Those are some really good pics.

I am desperately trying to keep the ninja off my mind and pics and reports like this dont help dude. In fact they give me sleepless nights.

Have fun bro and ride safe.

P.S. Many have reported that the seat is very hard and painful. Have you considered an aftermarket solution like Corbin or so? I happened to ride pillion on a ninja over the weekend (for 10-15 mins) and my butt was reminding me of its existence. Planning to get a corbin gel seat or something similar. lets see how it goes.
Old 13th April 2010, 13:46   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Those are some really good pics.

I am desperately trying to keep the ninja off my mind and pics and reports like this dont help dude. In fact they give me sleepless nights.

Have fun bro and ride safe.

P.S. Many have reported that the seat is very hard and painful. Have you considered an aftermarket solution like Corbin or so? I happened to ride pillion on a ninja over the weekend (for 10-15 mins) and my butt was reminding me of its existence. Planning to get a corbin gel seat or something similar. lets see how it goes.
Chill buddy, you'll get yours soon. Frankly speaking i did not find the seat uncomfortable at all. i cover my mum-pune distance with just 1 stop and my butt is pretty ok. The pain while doing longer distances is just as much as my previous zma which is supposed to have one of the best seats around. But yes, the pillion seat is very uncomfortable and your better half will be very uncomfortable during rides.
Old 13th April 2010, 14:14   #95
Team-BHP Support

The third pic is indeed wallpaper stuff
Old 21st April 2010, 12:42   #96
BHPian

Ok checked the mileage figures for the first time. The trip including a lonavla ride and back, the Ninja dished out 27 kmpl. A mix of hard ghat and city riding. Not bad at all.
Old 21st April 2010, 14:16   #97
Senior - BHPian

Thats a decent FE figure, I think it might slightly improve as you clock more Kms but then again it might not as you will start ripping her more
Old 21st April 2010, 16:17   #98
BHPian

Heading for another ride this sunday..Lets see what she does.
Old 6th May 2010, 13:11   #99
BHPian

Mde some good use of my office parking lot. Thats my black and beautiful 'Kirika' with my colleagues 'Akira'
Attached Thumbnails
Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-1.jpg  

Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-2.jpg  

Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-3.jpg  

Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-5.jpg  

Kawasaki Ninja 250R - Ownership experience-6.jpg  

Old 6th May 2010, 13:58   #100
Senior - BHPian

Nice set of pics dude. That CBR is over a decade or two old, yet she looks super hot. Thats a CBR 400 right? Is the owner a member here?

One of the Pune TBhp'ians owns a CBR400. Same color scheme IIRC. Sports a yoshi can and it sounds mad. One of the best CBR's i have come across till date.

How's it goin with your ninja? Will be takin delivery of my bike tomorrow. Do share some riding tips. Any issues with wrist pain, back pain initially till you settled in?

Take care bro and ride safe.
Old 7th May 2010, 03:19   #101
Senior - BHPian

27 kmpl..?? WOW...! That's pretty much the same as a certain 223cc single pot when ridden hard...!!

That 400 is what the Indians REALLY need....! An inline 4 baby blade for under 4 lacs would make quite a few people happy...
Old 7th May 2010, 10:45   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is the owner a member here?
AFAIK it is owned by Varad More(his pics adorn the PBK showrooms --daijiya helmet with knee dragging)

Quote:
Will be takin delivery of my bike tomorrow.
Congratulations
Old 13th May 2010, 14:38   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Nice set of pics dude. That CBR is over a decade or two old, yet she looks super hot. Thats a CBR 400 right? Is the owner a member here?

One of the Pune TBhp'ians owns a CBR400. Same color scheme IIRC. Sports a yoshi can and it sounds mad. One of the best CBR's i have come across till date.

How's it goin with your ninja? Will be takin delivery of my bike tomorrow. Do share some riding tips. Any issues with wrist pain, back pain initially till you settled in?

Take care bro and ride safe.
Ninja's going good mate. no wrist pain whatsoever. Just make sure u hug the tank tightly which takes weight off the wrists. I just waited till a 1000 km for the run-in, its been 13k shifts ever since. I really dint think the 1500 km run-in was required.
Old 16th May 2010, 08:24   #104
BHPian

why 2 services done in 1000kms ???
Old 16th May 2010, 20:08   #105
BHPian

@ Balenopower;

Regarding pic 3, if you won't be offended, can I suggest a few corrections to your seating posture. Your posture is actually quite wrong for a left hander.

Suggestions:

1. Your outer knee (right knee) is pointing away from the corner. It should in fact be hugging the bike.

2. Your inner knee (left knee) is hugging the bike. It should be pointing downwards and towards the road.

3. Your butt position is correct. But your body is pointing away or straightened from the curve. This causes the bike to lean more to make that curve. The idea should be to make the bike lean less to make a curve. Your butt should be inside the curve and your body pointing to the inside of the curve (depending on the curve radius). The idea is to have the most contact patch for the tire when making the curve.

I hope you take these suggestions in the right spirit. To improve your riding skills it'll be very helpful, if you can get your hands on 'Sport Riding Techniques' by Nick Ienatsch.

Enjoy your ride. Cheers.

Last edited by VLOCT : 16th May 2010 at 20:11.
VLOCT is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks