Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2011, 22:10   #421
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike.

@a2k24 - dude you have mentioned the specs for the US model which comes with carb, we have the one sold in Europe which comes with Fi. Pardon me if you meant to share the 250 R - US specs .

Last edited by sammyboy : 21st December 2011 at 22:16.
Old 21st December 2011, 23:39   #422
BHPian

oops! i wasn't actually aware of the difference, and the fact that we get the FI version. pardon my ignorance.
sorry about that.
Old 22nd December 2011, 09:05   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2k24 View Post
difference, if any.
it was said, earlier, that the 2012 will have fuel injection. but it doesn't.
Is there any? Or I failed to spot the difference?
Old 22nd December 2011, 10:32   #424
Distinguished - BHPian

Ninja owners, where do you get your wheels balanced in Bangalore? I need to get my Pulsars wheel balanced but unable to find any shop which Balances "bike alloys". Can you provide the details and the cost of balancing? And do they use sticker weights or clip on weights?

Also what is the interval for wheel balacing on bike alloys?
Old 22nd December 2011, 10:40   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Ninja owners, where do you get your wheels balanced in Bangalore? I need to get my Pulsars wheel balanced but unable to find any shop which Balances "bike alloys". Can you provide the details and the cost of balancing? And do they use sticker weights or clip on weights?

Also what is the interval for wheel balacing on bike alloys?
AFAIK, there is no one who balances wheels for two wheelers, at least in Blore. Take a look at this link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Just checked the UK site for the Ninja 250R and I did not find any differences in the engine or the geometry of the bike.

The 2012 edition is only going to sport cosmetic changes such as vinyl's, decals, etc.

Last edited by n_aditya : 22nd December 2011 at 10:46. Reason: multiquote
Old 22nd December 2011, 10:45   #426
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
AFAIK, there is no one who balances wheels for two wheelers, at least in Blore. Take a look at this link.

Didnt you balance your Ninja's alloys after you changed to Pirelli?

EDIT- Did you use the beads mentioned in the other thread for balancing?

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 22nd December 2011 at 10:49.
Old 22nd December 2011, 10:52   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Didnt you balance your Ninja's alloys after you changed to Pirelli?
Nope. Was told its not required. It still has the same weights which were fixed at the factory. I've not faced any issues though. I've not tried the beads yet.

The front tire is still the same old IRC while I only changed the rear to Pirelli. The rear tire was changed since the IRC had squared off.

Another ninja rider had to replace his wheel since it got damaged when he rode over a deep pothole. The new wheel has no weights and he was told its not required to balance it.

Last edited by n_aditya : 22nd December 2011 at 10:53.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 10:57   #428
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Nope. Was told its not required. It still has the same weights which were fixed at the factory. I've not faced any issues though. I've not tried the beads yet.

The front tire is still the same old IRC while I only changed the rear to Pirelli. The rear tire was changed since the IRC had squared off.

Another ninja rider had to replace his wheel since it got damaged when he rode over a deep pothole. The new wheel has no weights and he was told its not required to balance it.

You changed to Sport demon right? Which size? I think the grip might be better compared to the stock. Can you share where you bought them in bangalore and the price for them?Thanks

EDIT- What did you mean when you said "IRC had squared off"?

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 22nd December 2011 at 11:06.
Old 22nd December 2011, 11:08   #429
Senior - BHPian

No wheel balance?

Quote:
AFAIK, there is no one who balances wheels for two wheelers, at least in Blore
Quote:
Really??? Quite a news to me.
I was under the same impression for CBR, until Honda ASC added weights to alloy & get the wheel balanced. The HMSI engineer confirmed that its part of the service for CBR.

Point - I'm not comparing Honda & Kawasaki Adi, but there SHOULD be a mechanism by which the alloy wheels should be balanced no matter how strong the wheels are. Since I'm not an owner, you may probably want to bring this point to BAL/Kawasaki engineer & see their reaction.

PS - I got the wheel balanced during my second service & that's how I know about this.

Last edited by aargee : 22nd December 2011 at 11:09.
Old 22nd December 2011, 11:16   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You changed to Sport demon right? Which size? I think the grip might be better compared to the stock. Can you share where you bought them in bangalore and the price for them?Thanks

EDIT- What did you mean when you said "IRC had squared off"?
I changed the rear to Pirelli Sport Demon 140/70/17. Upsized from 130 to 140. There are no significant advantages in upgrading but i did it purely for aesthetics. I paid Rs. 3800/- for this while it was retailing for Rs. 4500+ at Sai Iyengar and other shops in JC road.

I bought this at Tire Junction, Jayanagar 9th Block. This place supplies tires to all the other shops in blore like Sai Iyengar, Cherry Agencies, etc. They also deal in car tires, SBK tires, imported tires, etc. They stock michelin, pirelli, bridgestone, yoko's etc. Contact 94487 08513.

When i say squared off, the rounded profile of the tire becomes flatter in the center since the bike predominantly runs in a straight line (not too many corners in the city or highways where you would use the full width of the tire). The wear in the center is more than on the sides making it slightly "off balance" while leaning into turns. Hence i changed the tire.

This might give you more information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Honda ASC added weights to alloy & get the wheel balanced. The HMSI engineer confirmed that its part of the service for CBR. I got the wheel balanced during my second service & that's how I know about this.
Thanks for the info Aargee. Will talk to the folks at Bajaj.

Last edited by n_aditya : 22nd December 2011 at 11:21.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 11:36   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
no, there isn't.
as for the FI and Carb mistake on my part. i guess, i was watching the videos of the US versions only. i just never knew there are different versions for US and Europe.
and yes, the difference is just cosmetic. although, i doubt we will see the 2012 color combos in india. won't be surprised if we don't.
Old 22nd December 2011, 12:01   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2k24 View Post
difference, if any.
it was said, earlier, that the 2012 will have fuel injection. but it doesn't.
Quote:
The 2012 edition is only going to sport cosmetic changes such as vinyl's, decals, etc.
As per this comparison, they are charging 200$ extra for the new Apple Green color And perhaps the new Red-Black color combination (which I personally didnt like).

They should have atleast introduced the FI in the 2012 edition, and maybe the digital speedometer too. Oh well, 2013 it is then!
Old 22nd December 2011, 15:04   #433
Senior - BHPian

I checked out 2012 Ninja 250R videos on youtube and the new apple green looks even better.

Last edited by djay99 : 22nd December 2011 at 15:07.
Old 16th February 2012, 12:15   #434
Senior - BHPian

It was my birthday this month but she got a gift.

And this is it.

Cost me USD 100. Opted for the smoked lens and it looks awesome. Has a nice blacked out look when the LEDs aren't glowing but the smoked lens does not compromise on the output of the LEDs.

This is a bolt-on fit and it took me less than 20 mins to swap the stock unit with this one.

There are several alternatives to this one which are available in the US market such as CustomLED, etc. Some of the programmable features in higher end units are microprocessor controlled (blink rates can be preset when the brake lever is pressed, strobe feature, etc.) but i wanted the basic one since its well, basic. No complex electronics to work with in case it packs up.

Last edited by n_aditya : 16th February 2012 at 12:17.
Old 16th February 2012, 13:40   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was my birthday this month but she got a gift.
And this is it.
Well well, belated b'day wishes Adi and the gift looks amazing. Dont we all love to do that - pamper our ride on our b'day and again on the day she came home which is officially her b'day

Good you went with the smoked lens. Any pics with the tail lamp fitted on the bike?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks