Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2012, 13:42   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
It was my birthday this month but she got a gift.

Ahh somebody got smoked lens for their tail lamp. Good stuff, why dont you put up some good snaps rather than just links Aditya?
Old 16th February 2012, 14:17   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Well well, belated b'day wishes Adi and the gift looks amazing. Dont we all love to do that - pamper our ride on our b'day and again on the day she came home which is officially her b'day

Good you went with the smoked lens. Any pics with the tail lamp fitted on the bike?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Ahh somebody got smoked lens for their tail lamp. Good stuff, why dont you put up some good snaps rather than just links Aditya?
Thanks Abhi and Mahesh. I'll leave the photo clicking to the professionals.

I have a plain jane outdated P&S camera which does no justice to the bike. We're riding to the Blore Mega meet this weekend so look forward to some great snaps.
Old 16th February 2012, 14:32   #438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cost me USD 100. Opted for the smoked lens and it looks awesome. Has a nice blacked out look when the LEDs aren't glowing but the smoked lens does not compromise on the output of the LEDs.

This is a bolt-on fit and it took me less than 20 mins to swap the stock unit with this one.
Wow !! awesome. Looks very stylish. Need to look in flesh.
Old 16th February 2012, 14:51   #439
Senior - BHPian

Dude, wish you a very happy birthday . I cant see any pics in the office, but am sure they would be awesome. Will check when I reach home.
Need some advise on insurance, will call you.
Old 21st February 2012, 15:09   #440
Senior - BHPian

So here are some pics (from our Chickmagalur trip) of the Bike Monkey LED Tail Lamp installed on the bike.

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-bike-2.jpg

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-bike-7.jpg

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-bike-8.jpg

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-convoy1.jpg

Some random pics from the ride with other team bhp'ians:

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-dsc03494.jpg

2010 Kawasaki Ninja 250R - My First Sportsbike. 52,000 kms on the clock. UPDATE: Sold!-ninja.jpg

The odo currently reads 19,6xx kms (in 1 yr and 9 months of ownership) and will be going for 4th service over this weekend.
Old 21st February 2012, 15:59   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So here are some pics (from our Chickmagalur trip) of the Bike Monkey LED Tail Lamp installed on the bike.
Adi, it looked very good in the daytime itself but missed to check it out during the night ride.
Old 21st February 2012, 16:12   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The odo currently reads 19,6xx kms (in 1 yr and 9 months of ownership) and will be going for 4th service over this weekend.
Adi, The new tail lamp setup does look very good on the bike. Guess was a bit tired to remember/remind to check during the night days.
That's very good numbers which have been clocked in the limited time you get to ride the bike. Looking forward for more rides

Any plans for an overnight ride in March?
Old 21st February 2012, 16:19   #443
BHPian

Adi, those led tail lights are really good- look unique and I could spot you from a mile away even during the last NH-48/NH-4 stretch that we did.
Mahesh sir - hope another one happens in March. I am game!
Old 21st February 2012, 16:24   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
Mahesh sir - hope another one happens in March. I am game!
Sure why not, Shall keep you posted on the future rides. Was really a pleasure riding with you on the last weekend
Old 1st March 2012, 17:11   #445
Senior - BHPian

Got the 4th service completed on the ninja last saturday (25th Feb).

Was overdue (by my standards ) by 600 odd kms which was clocked on our chickmagalur trip earlier in the month of Feb.

The odo stood at 19,600 odd kms.

I had changed the oil and oil filter at the third service (14,000 kms) so this time only the oil was changed.

I change oil once every 5k kms and oil filter once every 10k kms. The manual however recommends a 12k km interval for both oil and oil filter change.

This is the second time I went with Motul 20W50 7100 Single Ester Fully Synthetic oil. The last time was at the third service.

The old oil was slightly black but had no deposits or sticky sludginess or burnt smell. No change in viscosity either. Was told by the service adviser that this oil can last a lot longer, but i prefer to change it at least at the 5k kms mark if not earlier.

Bought one liter @ Rs. 690. I required only 1.3L since only the oil was being changed (previous service instance had some 400 ml remaining which was used up this time). One would need 1.6L if the oil filter is removed and replaced.

Changed the engine oil drain bolt to the pulsar drain bolt as it is magnetic and will cause fine metal debris to stick to it.

Also changed the black bolts on the black plastic side covers to brushed aluminium / titanium finish allen key type bolts (each cost around 30 bucks). I replaced these as the original bolts (star screwdriver type) were slightly damaged on the bolt head or the star, causing the screwdriver to slip sometimes. Plus the allen key bolts are added security.

Air filter was cleaned. Chain was readjusted, cleaned and lubricated. Brake pads were removed, cleaned and refitted. Battery terminals were cleaned and some 3M product was applied on the terminals to prevent corrosion.

The service (including consumables, spares and labor) cost me Rs. 1242, not including the cost of oil.

I highly recommend this oil as it keeps the engine really smooth, as smooth as butter.

And she still feels as good as new.

Last edited by n_aditya : 1st March 2012 at 17:15.
Old 1st March 2012, 17:17   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The odo stood at 19,600 odd kms.
Adi,
Good to see you are following a very tight schedule. However have you got the front fork assembly checked? Think majority of bikes warrant a fork check up at 25K but considering the road status thought it would be a good idea to have it checked much earlier.
Also 1242 is damn cheap for a twin cylinder bike.
Was the service done at Probiking?
Old 1st March 2012, 17:29   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
However have you got the front fork assembly checked? Think majority of bikes warrant a fork check up at 25K but considering the road status thought it would be a good idea to have it checked much earlier. Was the service done at Probiking?
Thanks for the tip Mahesh.

The service was carried out at Mr. Venkat's garage, Auto Service, which is also an authorized KTM, Kawasaki & Bajaj service center.

I didn't find anything amiss with the front forks. Checked the fork seals and they look fine. The service manager (not Mr. Venkat) took a spin just before delivery and did not report anything abnormal. Will keep this in mind for the next service interval, thanks.
Old 1st March 2012, 18:42   #448
BHPian

that tail light looks Neat-o. How much? and from Where?
Old 1st March 2012, 20:06   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
that tail light looks Neat-o. How much? and from Where?
Answer in the quote below!

Quote:
And this is it.
Cost me USD 100. Opted for the smoked lens and it looks awesome. Has a nice blacked out look when the LEDs aren't glowing but the smoked lens does not compromise on the output of the LEDs.
This is a bolt-on fit and it took me less than 20 mins to swap the stock unit with this one.
Old 21st May 2012, 21:50   #450
Senior - BHPian

Went for a spin over the weekend after a 3 week hiatus. The odo currently reads some 21,xxx kms. Oh yeah, she completed 2 yrs this month (may).

Removed the ugly cf vinyl from the tail panels and got the 3M ppf installed. Costed me 1100 bucks. The installation is similar to sun control film installation, but no glue exists on the film. The film sticks via surface tension. No mess if and when removed :-)

Also tried the ONR and Collinite 845 on the bike. Fantastic results. The bike is gleaming in all its glory and the painted surface feels very smooth too. The bike was dirty and badly needed this treatment. Big thanks to Santosh (rk_sans).
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks