Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2021, 16:49   #226
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bikes of yesteryear and long forgotten : Anybody still riding them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishh_Krishn View Post
It is usually to check if the papers are valid.
Thanks. There are so many vehicles running around without valid papers - one look at the olx will give an idea of these.

That apart, there are quite a few of these would have been stolen. This one is more likely with bikes where the purchaser did not renew the FC on time, and was running the bike as it was. And such a bike got stolen. The purchaser would not even be able to lodge a complaint.
Old 25th May 2021, 17:29   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
I remember with the lights on at night, the speedometer needle remained green till about 50 kmph, then turned red beyond! I rode a friend's bike a few times and this feature stood out.
This must be the Caliber 115 (Hoodibaba!) that you speak of

We had a 1st gen wine red Caliber for five years (I learnt riding on it). It was one of the best built bikes back in those days. It was heavy, parts were good quality and the engine had good low end torque.

We replaced this with a blue Caliber 115 and held on to it for the next 10 years. The 115 had these fancy dials, was lighter in weight, had a very smooth and peppy engine with good top end.

Last edited by ashis89 : 25th May 2021 at 17:58.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 19:14   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
This one is more likely with bikes where the purchaser did not renew the FC on time, and was running the bike as it was. And such a bike got stolen. The purchaser would not even be able to lodge a complaint.
Renewal of FC for older vehicles is another pain in Bangalore(atleast at a few RTO's). I had to go through a lot of hassles for my vehicle bearing an old registration number(WGX series). The cops were reluctant to let the vehicle continue with the same registration number, since it wasn't KA registered (this was my second FC renewal at the same RTO). They were forcing me to take a KA number, even though all taxes and other documents were in place, citing that out station vehicles will not be allowed to run in Bangalore for more than a year.
Kishh_Krishn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 19:38   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
This must be the Caliber 115 (Hoodibaba!) that you speak of

It was heavy, parts were good quality and the engine had good low end torque..
For those who may want one of these, there is one on sale in Mysore. But I think he is expecting quite a bit for it. On the other hand, looks well cared for from what he has stated in the ad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishh_Krishn View Post
I had to go through a lot of hassles for my vehicle bearing an old registration number(WGX series). The cops were reluctant to let the vehicle continue with the same registration number
Losing the WGX series would have taken out the charm and the personal connect of that bike !
Old 28th June 2023, 13:55   #230
BHPian

Got my 2001 CBZ restored recently!!

narasimha raju is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks