Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Mumbai
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2016, 11:55   #106
BHPian

re: Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Talking about Premji's Thane. Sharing 3 experiences spanned over last 3-4 months.

I doubt I would be using Premji's services again.
My office is close to Premji's shop and had visited there for enquiring about tyres. They dont have Michelins 215/55 R16 in stock and not sure when would it be available. They have Pirelli manufactured Aug/Sept 2015. Prices quoted are reasonable for Pirelli however Rs 500 more per tyre than what they had quoted 2-3 weeks back over phone. Still the prices are below MRP as per them. But after reading this review, I am confused. In the meantime a friend has shared contact details of Pal tyres. Awaiting revert from them.
Old 27th September 2016, 13:14   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Reason 3 - He just took the payment and gave me a bill in an envelope. When I opened the envelope, the alignment report was missing. When I asked the owner about it, he said I should not worry as the alignment has been done properly. I told him "I still need the report for records sake". Then he said ...there is a problem with the printer. I asked him if he would be able to take it out of the system and email me. He said yes. So they can take out the report from that machine and there is another printer where they have just printed my bill, but they still haven't connected the dots. I was getting very late and asked them to send it by email and left my email id with them. Its been a week and that email is nowhere in sight.
I experience this particular issue last time when I had done my Punto's wheel alignment, there was no report attached to the bill. when enquired, they said the printer connected to the wheel alignment unit was malfunctioning. But they assured to send me the report at the earliest. A few calls later they sent me the report on Whatsapp fortunately.

I normally visit the place for the N2 filling once a month, but over the years the service has deteriorated. I had brought this to the notice of Mark, he said the continuous churning of the technicians to be the major reason. Heck ,they haven't even rectified the main entrance gate issue as yet which is a major source for scratches if one is not careful while entering. I am re thinking of my plans to buy tyres from them now.
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2016, 17:25   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatrughna View Post
My office is close to Premji's shop and had visited there for enquiring about tyres. They dont have Michelins 215/55 R16 in stock and not sure when would it be available. They have Pirelli manufactured Aug/Sept 2015. Prices quoted are reasonable for Pirelli however Rs 500 more per tyre than what they had quoted 2-3 weeks back over phone. Still the prices are below MRP as per them. But after reading this review, I am confused. In the meantime a friend has shared contact details of Pal tyres. Awaiting revert from them.
I visited Premji's place after confirming on phone in the evening of 27th Sept. After handing over the car keys, I was asked to sit in the lounge but I insisted that I would check the tyres. To my horror, they had taken out P1 tyres from the stockyard instead of P7 and weight rating was lower than what I had asked for. I refused to buy them and got the work stopped. Manager apologised stating that as per inventory - it is showing P7 - 97Ws while in stock - tyres are different and the ones that I wanted, they had only 3 tyres available. I politely walked out.

Picked up tyres from PAL tyres yesterday through their Vashi shop- got them fitted . They have tied up with some other shop there for fitting, balancing and alignment. It was a fairly quick job and promptly done. However, there are 2 issues:
1. I have not got any warranty card yet. SMS/ phone calls are unanswered so far since, morning.
2. Wheel alignment job unsatisfactory . Will have to re-visit.

Last edited by shatrughna : 29th September 2016 at 17:27.
Old 1st October 2016, 18:08   #109
Senior - BHPian

Premjis is way too expensive for most things so I've stopped going there. I just got tyres from Pal tyres opera house too and it was the best deal and everything was fine. The vashi shop is Ajit tyres.
Old 31st July 2017, 08:18   #110
Senior - BHPian

Got my scheduled Wheel alignment/balancing and Tyre rotation done at Premji's over the weekend. Costed Rs 850/- since I have a membership card, otherwise will cost Rs 1150/-. There is a new John Bean machine installed which is the second one for Premji's. So two cars can be simultaneously wheel aligned especially on the weekends when the traffic is much. However the data fed into the new machine is not an updated one. For Eg For my Punto the readings which were available were of 2010 1.3 MJD 75 & 90 HP.

Premji's is now selling tyres (Michelin, Yokohoma, Pirelli, GoodYears, Bridestones etc) on Amazon.in and is soon going to be opting for Amazon Prime. To cater to the online demand a new storage facility is being constructed in the premises in addition to the already existing tyre storage space. The packing and dispatch is being handled by a separate team and an Amazon representative sits in the office. The online orders mostly for Michelin Tyres have been till date from outside Mumbai.
https://www.amazon.in/s?marketplaceI...&redirect=true
Old 29th October 2017, 15:28   #111
BHPian

Nothing to recommend about.

I had my tyres changed over here recently. Similar to the experience that you would get on any regular tyre shop. The only good thing is loads of space in the shop to manage cars.

Was dealing directly with Mark Premji. Refused to provide fresh stock of tyres citing that these are the only stock available from the company itself. I had a long distance drive coming up soon, hence couldn't wait. So decided to get slightly older stock of tyres installed.

While billing, when I gave my credit card, immediate response was 2.5% charges for Credit card payment. Certainly not expected from such a bigger dealer of tyres. There are small time shops absorbing these credit card charges.

Only Rs. 300 Offered for Old Tyres. The tyres are in a fair condition after 46K kms driver. The tread markers are still untouched. Told them to load up the tyres in the boot and decided to sell it myself by putting it up on Olx / Quikr.

Wont recommend it from my end. Will tell people to good to their nearest tyre dealers cause as such all tyre dealers provide the same rate and same service. So no point driving extra kilometers to go to a specific tyre shop.
tejas08 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 09:31   #112
Senior - BHPian

Bumping up the thread.

After my Indore trip, I found the front left Michelin tyre had a bulge. The tyre had hardly done around 14k kms and I totally did not expect this on a Michelin tyre. Visited the tyre dealer Premji Tyres from whom I had bought the tyre and was planning to get the Wheel alignment/balancing done. I was told that the bulge can be due to two reasons:
1) A cut inside the tyre which could have been due to impact when crossing a pot hole or a speed breakers. I remember having gone over a rumbler strip while returning back from Indore at good speeds since the rumbler strips were not marked.
2) Manufacturing defect. This according to the Mark was quite rare since the tyres were made in Thailand unlike in India.

Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-img1514691630901.jpg
Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-img_20171231_102853.jpg
Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-img_20171231_102911.jpg

Mark advised to replace the tyre and claim under warranty, he even assured that I would 50% amount back but for that the original tyre price would be applicable. This means the tyre would cost me 6745/- and I would be entitled to half of this amount as warranty claim. I got the tyre replaced, wheel alignment and balancing done along with the tyre rotation. The new tyre was kept in the front left only.

Unfortunately the people at Premji's were not able to file for claim since Michelin's website was under maintenance for 5 days. The claim got registered after a week. Initially Michelin rejected the claim, but with intervention from Mark, they finally approved it. Got a refund of Rs 3408/- in cash from Mark towards claim settlement.

My experience at Premji's have always been good unlike few BHPians who did face some issues.
ghodlur is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th January 2018, 23:55   #113
Senior - BHPian

I would like to report a very good experience with buying Tires from Premji Online at Amazon.in. Found Mark Premji to be extremely responsive over emails.

He committed to provide the latest stock and in fact exceeded expectations by providing Michelin Primacy 3 ST tyres at the lowest price that we could find anywhere. The tyres were from November 2017 and December 2017.

I have also posted in detail about the Amazon Tyre Buying Experience here: URL

Overall I would recommend Premji Tyre Plus
vsrivatsa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 07:59   #114
Senior - BHPian

Bumping up the thread.

I had faced a sidewall cut in my Michelin P3ST tyre on Punto, details in the post:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4421431

As usual Mark helped me to claim warranty on the tyre. I initially had to buy the tyre at Rs 6814/- (without any discounts) and got 50% claim back i.e Rs 3400/-. The entire process was handled super good by Tyre plus team.

Also met a couple of Michelin India senior people who were visiting the workshop. They let out a small secret that Michelin Chennai plant will soon start manufacturing passenger car tyres.
ghodlur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th July 2018, 13:33   #115
Senior - BHPian

Premji Tyre Plus opened a second outlet at Manpada on Ghodbunder Road Thane. Unlike the first outlet, this one is a small workshop and can accommodate only one car at a time. This is not a workshop per se since the services available are Wheel Alignment, Balancing, N2 filling, puncture repair etc. The outlet will also sell tyres. The outlet was inaugurated by a local corporator and Michelin India Commercial Director. I was given a call by Mark Premji about the inaguration and luckily was working from home, hence managed to squeeze some time out to visit the outlet (although I was aware of the same a month ago). Few pics to highlight the opening ceremony.

Location of the new outlet. If coming from Mumbai, do not take the Manpada flyover, take the service road below. If coming from Borivali, go under the Manpada flyover and take service road. The outlet is couple of shops next to 3M.
Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-capture.png

Main entrance. Note the LED display above the workshop name.
Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-img_20180718_115418.jpg

Hussain, the new incharge of this outlet. He worked in the first workshop. Nice and helpful chap.
Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-img_20180718_115433.jpg

Main office in the outlet
Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-img_20180718_115510.jpg

Wheel alignment pit
Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-img_20180718_115542.jpg

Hoffman Wheel alignment machine
Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-img_20180718_115549.jpg

Michelin India Commerical director Zahid Kadirbay Issaak with Mark Premji
Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-img_20180718_120021.jpg

N2 filling station
Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-img_20180718_120243.jpg

Wheel Balancing equipments
Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-img_20180718_120344.jpg

Tyre storage area at Mezzanine.
Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-img_20180718_120415.jpg

Lounge area for visitors
Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-img_20180718_120436.jpg

Michelin tyres
Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-img_20180718_120456.jpg
ghodlur is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th December 2021, 11:45   #116
BHPian

Re: Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)

Yesterday I changed the tyres on my Dzire from stock Bridgestone Ecopia to Yokohama BlueEarth GT AE51 in 185/65 R15. Had driven the stock Bridgestone Ecopia for 50000Kms over 4 years and cracks started to appear and the rubber had become hard; although there was significant tread depth left.

I visited Premji Tyres at Thane and discussed the options with Mark Premji. I was confused between the Michelin XM2+ and the Yokohama BlueEarth GT AE51. The Michelins costed almost Rs. 6500 whereas the Yokos were for Rs. 5500. But Michelins have the standard warranty whereas Yokos are offering 18 months unconditional warranty and standard warranty after that. So even if you hit a pothole and the tyres go bad, Yoko is willing to replace it provided its within 18 months. Thus decided to go ahead with the Yokos. He had fresh stocks and all 4 tyres are manufactured in 41st week of 2021.

I visited Premji Tyres for the first time. Seemed like Mark is quite passionate about tyres and explained about Michelins and Yokos and the advantage and disadvantage of both. The technicians are quite hands on and was working on 3 cars simultaneously. They finished the entire process of changing tyres, balancing and aligning within an hour. Received a printout of the alignment after I asked for it. The only thing that seemed odd was that they charge 3% extra if you pay via credit card. They also ask the customer to rate their service on Google maps and write a review while the customer waits for the bill to be made.
Overall the experience was at par with any other tyre shop. Only added advantage I would say is they have a lot of space inside their compound and so they can take in a lot more cars together and the prices of tyres are lowest as compared to others in the area.
Old 2nd March 2022, 14:17   #117
BHPian

Premji's is now also providing services apart from tyres. There is now a paint booth, car washing station, battery services, mechanics to do engine works.

Did a follow-up visit today to recheck the alignment which was done a couple of months back. Premji's staff are some of the most courteous ones I have encountered in this business. Mark himself will leave an impression on you

The only thing I wished to be added is a facility to use credit cards seamlessly. Right now there is a 3% charge to use cards
Old 31st October 2022, 00:21   #118
BHPian

Wanted to replace tyres on my RR310, and the stock Michelin Pilot Steet Radials (150/60 R17 rear and 110/70 R17 front) were discontinued. The replacement Pilot Street 2 were non-radials so became a strict no-no for me. Finally came down to Apollo Alpha H1 and Michelin Pilot Road 5 (stock tyres on the new 310's). The former was about 11k a pair and the latter was around 20k a pair. Briefly considered the TVS Pro Grip too but the feedback wasn't encouraging. A senior at work recommended the Alpha H1 over all others, and having used 2 sets before suggesting, I was sold on the proposition.
Checked with Diwan Auto Care, Premji Tyres, and a few authorised dealers. The prices hovered between 11 and 12k. With both the aforementioned brands having proper installation and balancing facilities, decided to go ahead with either of the two.
Day 1 I went to Diwan to get the Creta's alignment and balancing, and also checked the Alpha H1 prices, which were 11,900 for the set and 250 for balancing. Premji quoted 11,500 for the tyres and 600 for the balancing. With both figures being more or less the same, decided to go with Diwan since they are closer to my residence. Called up and asked for the advisor Vivek to confirm the prices and availability of tyres after reaching home post the Creta's job, but he was "busy with another customer" and I was hence promised a call back soon. Waited till the next afternoon but received no response whatsoever.
Weird that their numbers are either unavailable or they dont pick up most of the time.
Anyway, I decided to head to Premji straightaway.
Landed at 3.45pm and they were changing the tyres of a Benelli and informed me that would take another 20 mins, followed by an hour for my bike alone (Time wasn't an issue as far as the job is done well for me).
Checked out the tyres and they were just 2 months old (the most recent out of all the tyres I checked at multiple dealers). Asked about payment and was told card payment attracts an extra charge of 3-3.5%. This is really crazy considering the fact that not even my local grocery store where I buy stuff worth less than 100 bucks accepts my card payment in today's modern age.
Told the advisor I wasn't interested and I'd get the tyres elsewhere. He requested me to come in and speak to Mark Premji, the owner, who (a little hesitantly) agreed to waive those charges. Balancing would be 600 if I agreed to make payment via Gpay, else card payment would attract 18% GST.
Went ahead with the deal and was out in the quoted time. Workmanship is clean and the folks working are dedicated and the no-nonsense kind. Went inside for billing and was told to wait as Mark was busy with other people. Looked around the shop for other tyre brands, accessories etc and stumbled upon a water dispenser. Had options for hot, cold, and regular water, though there were only steel glasses. I'd really appreciate paper glasses or the likes in that regard. Washroom facility was there too but didnt need to use it. Tea/coffee/water was offered at the fag end when I was about to leave, so refused.
For bike tyre swaps, they also have a paddock stand so that's a good (and uncommon) thing.
Had gone the previous day to check how old the tyres were, and parking was a challenge due to the crowd and haphazard parking. Since I had a 2 minute job, parked towards the corner of the facility and was immediately requested by a guard to move to a proper slot. 2 minutes later when I had to leave, a truck parked at the same spot and started unloading, leaving me stuck in between. And this is when the same guard was nowhere to be found. Luckily there wasn't much to unload and I was out after a polite request to the driver.

One thing, not specific to Mark or his outlet, is the premium dealers charge over the company prices. Apollo was ready to ship the tyres to me or have it installed at one of their authorised dealers for 11k (including installation) flat! Its another thing I don't really trust smaller shops due to the lack of equipment and experience (speaking from experience) and the bigger Apollo shops refused to entertain since they wanted to sell their own stock (like the Dahisar/Borivali outlet).
That way, the Apollo website is pretty glitchy too, it randomly showed and hid shop locations, no clear details of the shop (only region or city/district) but no clear building, street, or locality details. Called up the customer care number but it was equally useless.

Coming back to Premji tyres, TLDR; it's worth going if one doesn't mind paying a premium. Didn't have the time to take photos, so here's the sole pic from today:

Premji's Tyre Plus (Thane, Mumbai)-screenshot_202210310011562.jpg
Torque_Curve is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 09:48   #119
BHPian

I'm really surprised to find a thread on Premji's. I've had a terrible experience replacing tyres on my Triumph Speed Twin 1200. I had spoken to Mark with a reference from a common friend. Everything was smooth up until the point where they started to replace the tyres. There is literally no equipment to lift a motorcycle. No jack, no center lift, no side lift. Nothing. This was after confirming that I will be on a bike without a side stand.

The technicians claimed they had no prior experience in replacing the front tyre of a motorcycle with twin discs. Bike was jacked up with a car jack and some plywood pieces. By this time I was extremely anxious. Two more technicians / helpers were pressed into action just to hold the bike while one tyre was out.

Replacement itself was painful. These guys did not know how to use a machine to remove the tyre and went ahead and scratched both rims on both sides. When I showed scratches, I was only offered some touch up paint. Just wrong to do this with anyone.

It pains me to even write this as I seethe with rage. Anyways, tyres are holding up just fine.
adrena is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2024, 14:45   #120
BHPian

Have been to this place a few times for basic car servicing - Oil Change, Filter Change, Painting/denting issue, etc.

The Good: Common place for all basic needs - tires, common consumables, common work on cars, etc. No over selling. They do what you ask them to do. Simple. Workmen have good knowledge and they answer your questions politely. For Tires, multiple brand options are available. Never needed it myself though.

The Also Ran: All this can be done at any place if you know where to go. Services are regular, nothing exceptional. The place is not as crowded as ASS and hence you can get work done sooner and see it yourself.

The Bad: Expensive work (relatively), Parts and consumables are sold at MRP and they stock only their preferred brands. So you don't have any cost advantage as such. Not many brands available.

The worst: Extra charges on CC (which even a regular Kirana shop absorbs but not them), Not so friendly response when asked Why, multiple times they will give reference of ASS ("You can go and check with ASS, they charge this and that, etc". I mean I am obviously aware of what ASS does and I can anytime go there. There is a reason why I prefer an independent FNG and I don't need this same gyan of what ASS does everytime I ask any question . So if you keep it transactional, all is good. If you have any questions, the response isn't encouraging.

After service they clean the car from inside and that is not a job well done. Experienced this multiple times. Interior cleaning and waxing isn't done properly. Exterior wash is ok.

For WA and WB, I had to ask for the report every time. How can they forget to give the printed report for WA and WB every-time?

So, a separate thread isn't really needed here. This is one of the many options in Thane to get the job done.

Last edited by sunilch : 26th January 2024 at 14:55.
sunilch is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks