Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2011, 20:55   #91
BHPian

Re: Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
D Dude, have you driven the car?? How does it feel? Thereason I'm asking is because I am considering the Etios D as an alternative to my Dzire D booking.
It is available for TD, do it ASAP, and for sure you will not regret if you buy the Toyota, it is generations ahead of Maruti in reliability and for sure in future in resale values too, I would suggest the Toyota no matter what.
Old 24th September 2011, 22:21   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
It is available for TD, do it ASAP, and for sure you will not regret if you buy the Toyota, it is generations ahead of Maruti in reliability and for sure in future in resale values too, I would suggest the Toyota no matter what.
Zulfi, please go through the forum, you will realize that this Toyota is no more about quality & reliability. people are not really liking the experience of Etios and cost cutting is eventually showing up in the overall experience.
Old 25th September 2011, 11:14   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxymoron View Post
Zulfi, please go through the forum, you will realize that this Toyota is no more about quality & reliability. people are not really liking the experience of Etios and cost cutting is eventually showing up in the overall experience.
Well I know what you are saying, I stand corrected since my opinion was mainly about the reliability of its engines and low cost of maintenance and overall packaging as compared to DZire. I am stating this since I have seen 1 Qualis, 2 Corollas in our family which have lived beyond 3 lakh KMS without a hitch, also we have a Swift which demands more every service, the parts wear-out faster even though marginally cheaper to Toyota it works out more expensive. Now you may say that Etios is not at all comparable to other Toyota cars, I agree, one of my friend has bought the petrol Etios, the interior quality is a big let down and Dzire is much better, but apart from that all other aspects Etios is better, he gets a mileage of 16 with AC in city and 20 with AC on highway, road dynamics (suspension, comfort etc) are better, visibility is better, space is much better, resale values will also be better (any low run Toyota car is a hot property in the used car market), Dzire cannot give you all that, IMHO.

Further Dzire is due for change and when the new one comes it may be a different ball game altogether.
zulfi hansi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2011, 21:34   #94
BHPian

Test Drove the Etios Liva - Came out disappointed big time. Toyota is literally taking the Indian customers for a ride. The costing vis-a-vis what is delivered in a package is just not justified. You cannot sell a car only based on "24 kmpl" tag. The interiors is a reflection extreme cost cutting, pathetic is one word which immediately came to my mind. The metals used for the doors is extremely thin. The top end model does not even have a cd player - no electronic mirror adjusters. No alloys. The quality of plastics used is third class.

Started the engine - and the noise clatter is way way to high. The suspension is awesome - very well settled, the steering is way to smooth - it just disconnects you from the road. City driving is a pleasure, smooth is what it is. AC was decent, rear leg room was good.

Will I go for it ? The answer is a big NO. with 6.57 on road - i will chip in 40K more and go for the all new swift which is way way above the liva in all aspects. Had Toyota priced this car for 5.4 lakhs on road it would have been a good vfm car.
Old 3rd October 2011, 14:49   #95
BHPian

Uploading the Etios D price list in Mumbai & Navi Mumbai
Toyota Etios Diesel : Test Drive & Review-000.jpg
Hope this helps

Thanks & Regards
Varun

Last edited by powertrain : 3rd October 2011 at 14:55.
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2011, 22:53   #96
BHPian

At this juncture it is important to see what Etios diesel will go up against in the market. What we see is the Verito, Dzire (new on its way?), Manza (please enter other cars guys that I am missing). Why I say this is because Etios needs to be compared with its competition in its segment and not in general, as anyone who is in the market to buy a diesel sedan in the range of 6 to 8 lakhs they are going to look at the cars available within their budget only.
Old 11th October 2011, 00:30   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
At this juncture it is important to see what Etios diesel will go up against in the market. What we see is the Verito, Dzire (new on its way?), Manza (please enter other cars guys that I am missing).
Apart from the ones mentioned:

1. Fiesta Classic
2. Linea
3. SX4

The competition in the Diesel segment is pretty stiff now, with more entrants every other month. Some of the competition to the Etios are also better built, though may not have the same image of bullet-proof reliability.
VeluM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2011, 00:52   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Apart from the ones mentioned:

1. Fiesta Classic
2. Linea
3. SX4

The competition in the Diesel segment is pretty stiff now, with more entrants every other month. Some of the competition to the Etios are also better built, though may not have the same image of bullet-proof reliability.
Wait for the 2-3 months, Toyota will be having very Serious, Direct, Quality-rich & even more Reliability precieved 'Nissan' branded Sunny-sedan, exactly in the same Price band as Toyota Etios.
Its also going to be powered by the extremely reliable 1.5l, 85PS dCi common-rail diesel engine mated to extremely comfortable & spacious well build car.
Old 11th October 2011, 09:42   #99
Senior - BHPian

Its more than a month now that Toyota launched the diesel twins, but strangely enough I haven't come across a single post of the Etios D ownership. Neither have I seen any messages about booking the Etios D (am I missing something here?). Such a lukewarm response for a car, which was touted to be the Manza & Dezire killer? No activity on this thread for weeks, speaks a lot about the inability of this car to generate widespread interests, as expected of any model from a Toyota.

Any thoughts?
Old 11th October 2011, 11:20   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Its more than a month now that Toyota launched the diesel twins, but strangely enough I haven't come across a single post of the Etios D ownership. Neither have I seen any messages about booking the Etios D (am I missing something here?). Such a lukewarm response for a car, which was touted to be the Manza & Dezire killer? No activity on this thread for weeks, speaks a lot about the inability of this car to generate widespread interests, as expected of any model from a Toyota.

Any thoughts?
Buddy, I booked an Etios V-D last month. Expectecting delivery by Diwali. As for an ownership report, just wait till month end !!!!
Old 11th October 2011, 14:10   #101
BHPian

Quote:

Any thoughts?
Well, I guess it is the price they demand and the look of the interiors...even Toyota seem to be silent about the number of bookings the diesel version generated.

Its likely that prospective customers are turned away by the interiors and go back to book the Swift VDi/Zdi...
Old 11th October 2011, 14:24   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan

Wait for the 2-3 months, Toyota will be having very Serious, Direct, Quality-rich & even more Reliability precieved 'Nissan' branded Sunny-sedan, exactly in the same Price band as Toyota Etios.
Its also going to be powered by the extremely reliable 1.5l, 85PS dCi common-rail diesel engine mated to extremely comfortable & spacious well build car.
:-)
I could not have put it in a better way. The September sales do not show any jump in Etios numbers even after getting the diesel mill. Toyota's brothers are out to take on it with a vengence. The discounted, outgoing City and loaded Sunny are providing better value with the same/better Japanese reliability in the petrol segment.

It's time for Toyota to revamp the Q class or else Sunny D coming in December will hopefully take care of Etios D. Looks like Nissan is out to dethrone Toyota Innova next. Don't we all love competition.
Old 11th October 2011, 14:54   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertrain View Post
Buddy, I booked an Etios V-D last month. Expectecting delivery by Diwali. As for an ownership report, just wait till month end !!!!
Thanks powertrain for the clarification & yes congratulations on booking the Etios D. Hope you get the delivery very soon & start your ownership thread. Looking forward for your first impressions about the car.
Old 11th October 2011, 19:56   #104
BHPian

Quote:

Any thoughts?
Incidentally on my visit to the Toyota dealer yesterday, I learnt that they are targeting only DZire and Manza as their competition (not even Verito & Fiesta which are in the same price band). Also there is a waiting period of 1 month and nothing free with the car, one has to buy even the rubber mats!!
Old 11th October 2011, 19:58   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Its likely that prospective customers are turned away by the interiors and go back to book the Swift VDi/Zdi...
Well when it comes to Etios Liva the game is clearly in favour of the new Swift (boot space not withstanding), it is Etios sedan (diesel) where the conflict of info is.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks