Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2023, 00:22   #2986
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid stock to conical Air Filter change

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapto210 View Post

Hey Folks!

I own a Skoda Rapid 1.6 MPI 2016.
Have been driving it for 7 years now and it feels a little under powered.
Upon researching found out that not much can be done to increase horsepower except Air Filter upgrade, Exhaust upgrade and ECU Remapping. Post all these mods I am expecting to take the bhp to somewhere between 130-135 from the current 103.

Thanks!
You can try following what Endless did by remapping his Rapid 1.6 MPI. A couple of posts below the linked post, he goes into detail about the remap.

Endless 1.6 (Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review)

You cannot expect an almost 30% increase in power with just an air filter and exhaust system upgrade and a remap. You would be lucky to hit 15% gains with that. An exhaust will greatly help in allowing the car to breath better no doubt, but its just there to supplement the main upgrade that is made for power. A turbocharger!

My suggestion would be to go for a remap along with the air filter and exhaust system to have great drivability as well as a better breathing engine. These prerequisites will allow you to get a feel for what your car is still lacking and what else you need to augment to fit your requirements. No harm in doing the upgrades in stages.

If you do feel the need for more power, go right ahead and get right into Stage 2 mods with a turbo and intercooler upgrade.

Hope this helps!
Old 4th October 2023, 19:26   #2987

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugo_93 View Post
Hello all, I own a 2016 Rapid 1.5 tdi dsg done close to 52000 kms. The car was serviced at ASC 6 months back along with replacement of new battery as well as tires. Lately I have noticed that at idle the rpms surge to 1000 even with a warm engine.
I am facing this same issue. Engine idling at 1000 RPM when AC is on and quite loud and Viby than normal.

What was the issue and how did you get this fixed?

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th October 2023 at 08:40. Reason: quote content trimmed
Old 8th October 2023, 00:43   #2988
BHPian

Hello Everyone

All of a sudden my 2016 Skoda Rapid's Armrest has become loose and keeps sagging downwards to rest on the handbrakes. Does someone know how to fix it without spending much? Thanks in advance
Old 16th October 2023, 13:51   #2989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred The Head View Post
I am facing this same issue. Engine idling at 1000 RPM when AC is on and quite loud and Viby than normal.

What was the issue and how did you get this fixed?
Hello, recently I checked the battery voltage with the engine running. It showed a max voltage in the range of 13.4 to 13.5 volts with just the engine running. I felt the battery was not providing enough voltage with the engine running, I did a scan as well which showed an error stating " 01598 Drive battery voltage error". Thus considering that It could just be a bad battery I got it replaced with a new 1.At idle this new battery shows voltage in the range of 14.1 to 14.3 with just the engine running, thus fortifying my hunch. It has been close to 800kms/1 month since the replacement and the engine seems to be running fine now and idling smoothly at the 750 rpm mark.

It is still under observation as sometimes it gets held at 950rpm but very rarely now. If you have the same problem, the first thing to do would be is to check the car with a different battery of the same spec. Idle rpm surging is primarily caused due to voltage fluctuations as per multiple forums as DPF regen is not present in our spec which could be another reason.

I was haunted with this annoying high rpm idle for about past 1.5 years and I hope this is the final solution. I hope to have helped you. Have a nice day Ahead.
Old 20th October 2023, 18:16   #2990
BHPian

My Rapid 1.6MPI AT 2018, run 55k refused to start today. There is a continuous clinking noise while trying to start. Just after switching on the car before cranking there is some motorised noise, very faint, just like we see when a printer gets on. Attempt to jump start the vehicle yielded no success. Attaching the video for reference
Old 25th October 2023, 00:30   #2991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadya View Post
My Rapid 1.6MPI AT 2018, run 55k refused to start today. There is a continuous clinking noise while trying to start. Just after switching on the car before cranking there is some motorised noise, very faint, just like we see when a printer gets on. Attempt to jump start the vehicle yielded no success. Attaching the video for reference
No video attached.

Could be a dead/broken starter motor since jumping didn't work. The motorised noise could be the fuel pump, have you gotten it checked?
Shome is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 06:16   #2992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
No video attached.

Could be a dead/broken starter motor since jumping didn't work. The motorised noise could be the fuel pump, have you gotten it checked?
Thanks for the reply. It was dead battery. Jump start did not work as we used lower powered one. Spare battery replacement did the trick. I changed it to new battery and did a 1500km trip without issues.

Last edited by vb-saan : 25th October 2023 at 07:38. Reason: A minor typo...
aadya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 12:59   #2993

Quote:
Hello, recently I checked the battery voltage with the engine running. It showed a max voltage in the range of 13.4 to 13.5 volts with just the engine running. I felt the battery was not providing enough voltage with the engine running, I did a scan as well which showed an error stating " 01598 Drive battery voltage error". Thus considering that It could just be a bad battery I got it replaced with a new 1.At idle this new battery shows voltage in the range of 14.1 to 14.3 with just the engine running, thus fortifying my hunch. It has been close to 800kms/1 month since the replacement and the engine seems to be running fine now and idling smoothly at the 750 rpm mark.

It is still under observation as sometimes it gets held at 950rpm but very rarely now. If you have the same problem, the first thing to do would be is to check the car with a different battery of the same spec. Idle rpm surging is primarily caused due to voltage fluctuations as per multiple forums as DPF regen is not present in our spec which could be another reason.

I was haunted with this annoying high rpm idle for about past 1.5 years and I hope this is the final solution. I hope to have helped you. Have a nice day Ahead.
Alas good times never last...the ghost of the rpm has arisen again. So a brand new battery also doesn't fix the issue it seems. It ran alright for some time but now its back and its persistent just like before. If any of the members facing similar issues find a fix, please update on this thread. Its a lovely car cursed with this untraceable problem.

Also please note The car is being taken to skoda ASC for "airbag recall" process. Will update soon as it is done.
Old 26th October 2023, 13:53   #2994

Quote:
Also please note The car is being taken to skoda ASC for "airbag recall" process. Will update soon as it is done.
The car was taken to ASC for airbag recall process and the driver side airbag was replaced FOC, time taken was about 1.5 hour. Also when mentioned about the idle rpm issue, I was told it is "normal" !

Hope to find the solution soon.
Old 29th November 2023, 22:58   #2995
BHPian

Hello,

Looking for some urgent help.

I am having a 2012 Skoda Rapid TDI. Last week, I got the front seats taken out for installation of the seat covers. However, what caught my immediate attention was the seat frame, completely rusted and on the brink of collapse at few places.

On further investigation, I learnt that there was infact a recall for seat frames sometime in 2013 and the same was widely reported in the forum also. However, my car was never called in for such replacement.

Now, when i raised this with Skoda India, they have expectedly shrugged off any liability citing the age of the car and also informing that my car was not a part of recall campaign.

As I see it, it is quite improbable that the seat frames would give up like this unless there is something seriously off about them. Surprisingly, there is not even a glimpse of rust anywhere on the shell or any exposed panel of the car which further make me think that the frames were indeed not properly coated/galvanized or whatever ought to have been done. A known issue should be attended to irrespective of the age of the car. May be I would have continued for some more time with these rusted frames had they not been opened up for the seat covers.

I plan to escalate this to Skoda and would be glad if some references could be shared or emails of relevant personnel could be provided to effectively take this up. The customer care email available wouldn't yield much help in the matter.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-pxl_20231119_100805978.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-pxl_20231119_100811595.jpg  

torque18 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 20:08   #2996
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post

On further investigation, I learnt that there was infact a recall for seat frames sometime in 2013 and the same was widely reported in the forum also. However, my car was never called in for such replacement.
If there was a recall and these things exist on document, the onus lies on Skoda to offer a solution to you. Even if the car is old or new, somewhere the responsibility lies with the manufacturer to sort the manufacturing defects irrespective of age. Try bringing it to the notice of head office, dealers are anyways incompetent on such issues.

Keep us updated on the same
sachin_cs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 22:48   #2997
BHPian

Quote:

Now, when i raised this with Skoda India, they have expectedly shrugged off any liability citing the age of the car and also informing that my car was not a part of recall campaign.
I did follow up with Skoda India on this and tried escalating to whosoever's email I could find. However, much on the expected lines they have refused to own up, with the dealer partner offering me a 6% discount on the new frames under instructions from Skoda.

I have refused to accept the offer. If they acknowledge the factum of error from their side by offering this meagre discount then the entire cost ought to have been borne by them. May be I am expecting too much from Skoda.

Attaching the email correspondence that has ensued.

Yes, I do feel frustrated and cheated at this approach from Skoda but at the end of the day I don't have the patience to deal with them anymore. It has been an otherwise blissful ownership marred by pathetic ASS which has unfortunately raised its head yet again much to the agony of the owners.

However good the VAG cars may be, but I will definitely be vary of them whenever I am in the market next. And this I am saying even though I currently own three of their cars, Rapid, Polo and Tiguan.

Is it only me who feels that Skoda is getting back to its old ways and the improvement in ASS notion during the tenure of Zack has been fading?

And to further put things in perspective pertaining to the lacklustre response I have been getting, I am yet to receive any response to my rejection mail dated 14.12.2023. Skoda doesn't give a s**t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachin_cs View Post
If there was a recall and these things exist on document, the onus lies on Skoda to offer a solution to you. Even if the car is old or new, somewhere the responsibility lies with the manufacturer to sort the manufacturing defects irrespective of age. Try bringing it to the notice of head office, dealers are anyways incompetent on such issues.

Keep us updated on the same
I shared the bulletin number with them with the link to the threads here. They have turned a blind eye to it. It is a manufacturing defect I feel. But if Skoda could blame the fuel in our country for the failure of injectors, then rusting is so much more plausible for them to get away with
torque18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 23:06   #2998
BHPian

Quote:

Is it only me who feels that Skoda is getting back to its old ways and the improvement in ASS notion during the tenure of Zack has been fading?
I completely echo your thoughts, my long-term Rapid ownership review is on homepage today and these were my exact thoughts, that Skoda has not learnt from their mistakes.

P.S. I have shared you a mail id through which I was communicating.
sachin_cs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 12:07   #2999
BHPian

Hello

I have a 2016 Rapid Petrol Ambition MT. After my recent trip to Kodaikanal & Kerala, I noticed that the ABS warning light (Amber) is turned ON & OFF intermittently in the dashboard (the ABS sensor and hub of the rear right wheel were replaced last year by ASS)

At times when the warning signal light was not ON - Breaks become stiff for some time and too hard to press. But it gets resolved automatically in a few minutes once the ABS warning light is again turned ON.

I will get it checked at the nearest ASS but still do any one of you have an idea if it could be a problem with ABS or maybe brake fluid levels.
Old 9th January 2024, 13:59   #3000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sat123 View Post
I will get it checked at the nearest ASS but still do any one of you have an idea if it could be a problem with ABS or maybe brake fluid levels.
Problem is with the ABS sensors. Get an OBD tool online for Rs. 300 approx and you can read the fault codes. Find out which ABS sensor has gone kaput and you can get an OEM replacement for Rs. 650. Mechanics charge around Rs. 100 for fixing this. Never go to ASC as they will charge you a bomb (around 5k).
jna4cob is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks