Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2019, 15:54   #2896
BHPian

Skoda Rapid front logo replacement.

Where in Mumbai may I find the Skoda Rapid front badge (along with the chrome strip it is seated on)? I am looking for aftermarket options.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-inked20191026_095432_li.jpg  

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th December 2019 at 19:28. Reason: Duplicate post #2898 deleted. Query text copied to this post.
Old 25th December 2019, 17:12   #2897
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid front logo replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athani View Post
Where in Mumbai may I find the Skoda Rapid front logo (with the chrome strip)?
Hi, I recommend checking with your local service centre. Here’s a website that offers the front emblem (labelled part #7) but not the chrome trim (#6).

https://oriparts.com/59/972/74876/3799072

When a mini truck ripped ours apart, we just got the TAFE(?) guys at Bangalore to do it, along with another dent in the door, so can’t pinpoint an exact amount. Expect the price to be around 10k or less.

Last edited by TheHelix0202 : 25th December 2019 at 17:16.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 14:53   #2898
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Welcome to TBHP! Mods, this post needs to have its own thread!

Congrats on your new MPI, probably the first silver Rapid here on the forums. Enjoy it for miles to come. A fellow MPI owner here, albeit the pre facelift version. The engine is a gem, easy to drive at lower revs and rock solid and rev happy above 4k. Not so boring!

Expect FE figures to go up after a couple of services. Do try to run in the engine for the first 2000 Kms as a safety measure.

P.S- images are brilliant!
Thanks! It's surprising that its the first Silver MPI here. I had to agree, The engine is a gem except that its noisy which is a trait among VW engines. But the noise doesn't seep into the cabin that much.

I have barely crossed 2200 RPM except for a couple of times but less than 3000. keeping the gear changes within 2000rpm too. it's 1500kms until now. Hoping to break 2500km mark within Jan 15. Hoping to rev harder soon!

I have read in tbhp forums about the FE improving after the first service. Although happy with FE figures for an NA 1.6L engine. About the separate thread, I leave it to the mods, But since I will be sharing more details in the long term, I wish I had a separate thread.

Last edited by gasinveins : 27th December 2019 at 15:10. Reason: Answered the unanswered part.
gasinveins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2019, 19:22   #2899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasinveins View Post
Thanks! It's surprising that its the first Silver MPI here. I had to agree, The engine is a gem except that its noisy which is a trait among VW engines. But the noise doesn't seep into the cabin that much.

I have barely crossed 2200 RPM except for a couple of times but less than 3000. keeping the gear changes within 2000rpm too. it's 1500kms until now. Hoping to break 2500km mark within Jan 15. Hoping to rev harder soon!

I have read in tbhp forums about the FE improving after the first service. Although happy with FE figures for an NA 1.6L engine. About the separate thread, I leave it to the mods, But since I will be sharing more details in the long term, I wish I had a separate thread.
Not just the first silver MPI, but also probably the first silver Rapid itself, apart from being one of the few (~5) petrol Rapids.

It’s a joy to redline it in 3rd gear. Touches 6400+ rpm, which isn’t too bad at all! Not Honda Civic level though! (7k+ )

How much FE are you seeing anyway? We get anywhere between 11-18 kmpl, with 9 being the worst (one and only time we drove spiritedly since the last tankful).

Last edited by TheHelix0202 : 27th December 2019 at 19:24.
Old 30th December 2019, 10:32   #2900
BHPian

Quote:
Not just the first silver MPI, but also probably the first silver Rapid itself, apart from being one of the few (~5) petrol Rapids.

It’s a joy to redline it in 3rd gear. Touches 6400+ rpm, which isn’t too bad at all! Not Honda Civic level though! (7k+ )

How much FE are you seeing anyway? We get anywhere between 11-18 kmpl, with 9 being the worst (one and only time we drove spiritedly since the last tankful).
Wow. That's an interesting thing considering a lot of Diesel Rapids, I hoped there might be at least one who owns a silver rapid. A lot of people said that silver metallic is too good on my Rapid.

I hardly revved the engine so I can run in the engine. It's 50km sort of 2000 mark. After your mention of revving it to 6.4k rpm, It urged me to try once yesterday, It was fantastic. Although, I revved till 4500 mark only due to the fact that it has not crossed the run-in period. The four-cylinder engine roar is a joy to hear. The four-cylinder mill is the only reason why I didn't want to wait for a BS6 1.0L Turbo three-cylinder.

I drive around 500 kilometres in the last two days with four people inside, 80% on highways and state highway roads where I had to work gears often to chase, The average was 14kmpl. The fuel economy was 16.5kmpl on the highways with speeds mostly in 120kmpl. I was hovering around the 90-110 mark in winding state highways and got me an average of 14.5kmpl. The small city runs in Bumper to bumper traffic, It was 11kmpl. The city FE really improved I should say, When the car was brand new, The city FE in bumper to bumper traffic was 9kmpl(maybe due to brand new engine?). I am really happy with FE compared to honda enginers that it's ~140 kgs heavier and 100cc more volume in the engine.
Old 30th December 2019, 18:49   #2901
BHPian

During our run-in period, we got 20+ kmpl! Thanks to sticking to 80 kmph that is! Actually, the Skoda guys said these engines were tested and the run-in already done during post production work, but we did it again just to ensure it suits our driving style (mild). Apart from the rare wrong gear changes and redlining it a couple of times in these 5 years (~5 times max) the engine hasn't been stressed at all.

Btw, i think you need to get a gloss black roof wrap (3m maybe) done! It'd look wicked on your car.

Last edited by TheHelix0202 : 30th December 2019 at 18:51.
Old 30th December 2019, 19:27   #2902
BHPian

Quote:
During our run-in period, we got 20+ kmpl! Thanks to sticking to 80 kmph that is! Actually, the Skoda guys said these engines were tested and the run-in already done during post production work, but we did it again just to ensure it suits our driving style (mild). Apart from the rare wrong gear changes and redlining it a couple of times in these 5 years (~5 times max) the engine hasn't been stressed at all.

Btw, i think you need to get a gloss black roof wrap (3m maybe) done! It'd look wicked on your car.
I didn't stick to 80Kmph mark as no one insisted on speed limit except keeping the gear changes within 2000rpm. Either my vehicle was stuck in bumper to bumper traffic (Coimbatore City traffic is getting worse everyday) or had 5 passengers in the back. Although I got to 19.5 kmpl when I was driving alone at 4 am on a free city road for 12 kilometres at 70-90kmph. I had to get adjusted to driving this machine from my previous drive(MS Omni) resulting which I shifted to wrong gears. I am learning to shift it gradually. The cruise control also works wonders on relatively free roads.

I'm contemplating on a roof wrap since I bought it home. I can't visualise it in mind if it works for the Silver beast. But decided on a 3M ceramic coating to uplift the metallic shine in a month. I have to start gathering quotes from the Local dealers from next week. I will probably do a photoshop tonight/tomorrow to see if Gloss black roof works(I will post the results too). Does the Monte Carlo come with a gloss back wrap?
Old 30th December 2019, 22:53   #2903
BHPian

Quote:
Does the Monte Carlo come with a gloss back wrap?
Yes, it does!

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-screenshot_20191230224337_chrome.jpg

I think a black roof would do wonders for the facelifted Rapid's sharp front end.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2020, 20:06   #2904

Dear All,

I have booked Rapid Diseal Style variant.

I am expected to get delivery early next week.

I will be posting a detailed buying experience and ownership thread later.

As a part of preparation-well one really needs to prepare if one has to own a Skoda I was going through this thread and making some notes into common issues faced by Rapid owners.

And it seems to be a really long list!

Infact I was contemplating to organise them in one single post!

I have taken Skoda Shield ( 5th and 6th year extended warranty) with Skoda maintenance package.

My question is -what things are covered under warranty?

Because going through the thread there have been issues with engine mount-clutch assembly and what not and there was no consistency in warranty being honoured.

What is use of such warranty if we have to beg-fight to make sure even warranty gets honoured properly.

Also for Rapid owners from Pune-How is the experience with workshops of Akoya and Garve Skoda?
All and any input would really be appreciated.
Old 7th January 2020, 13:35   #2905
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it does!
I think a black roof would do wonders for the facelifted Rapid's sharp front end.
Well, Will get one soon then. Do you have any Idea about the underbody protection? I can see protection below the cabin but not for the engine bay. Do I have to check with the dealer?
Old 7th January 2020, 13:53   #2906
BHPian

Quote:
Well, Will get one soon then. Do you have any Idea about the underbody protection? I can see protection below the cabin but not for the engine bay. Do I have to check with the dealer?
Hi, I don't know if it's present in ours; I think not. Cost cutting measure! But certain BHPians have mentioned having it or adding it for the Vento, and some the Rapid. You gotta check with your ASS.

Here's the link to that discussion- Link (Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review)
Old 9th January 2020, 21:58   #2907
BHPian

Guys, any FNG in Mumbai (preferably western suburbs) who is good with Skoda and VW cars? Trying to get one for ages but have never been able to find one. Every other FNG will say they are experts but have never been satisfactory. This is for my 7+ year old MPI AT.

Thanks in advance!
Old 20th January 2020, 16:19   #2908
BHPian

Hello peeps,

My 2014 Rapid, 1.6TDi is having a coolant leak issue. Upon inspection from a FNG, it is found to be leaking from the water pump. The car has close to 90k kms and I have decided to replace the timing belt along with the water pump. The FNG has quoted 12k in parts and 2k in labor so 14k for the job. Another well known FNG (a bigger one) has quoted me 14k for the timing belt, 6.6k for the pump and 4k as labor; a total of 25k. My usual Skoda ASS (Gurudev) has quoted me 26k for the job, though the part cost is the same as told by the first FNG.

Now, I am in a dilemma. Should I proceed with the FNG, or the Skoda ASS is better for timing belt related work? can a normal FNG handle it, as the rate is almost twice in Skoda ASS?

Members kindly advise.
Old 21st January 2020, 19:22   #2909
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, I don't know if it's present in ours; I think not. Cost cutting measure! But certain BHPians have mentioned having it or adding it for the Vento, and some the Rapid. You gotta check with your ASS.

Here's the link to that discussion- Link (Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review)
Called up my service last week to enquire about the availability of engine sump cover as I occasionally drive on village roads to visit my grandparents, He said there is one available and visit the service centre's accessories store as he didn't know the exact price. I'll be getting my horn replaced this week, So will check on the prices of the engine cover. For the black roof, Asked opinions from mom however she was against it stating silver already looks classy.

I have done about 3350 kilometres in about 75 days since I bought my car, I have a few queries which I would like to know the feedback since I haven't driven a high displacement petrol engine.
1. Do I have work my gears to 3rd(sometimes) to get power to overtake vehicles on the highway? I mostly drive on two-lane state highways and I find shifting to 3rd gear to overtake. Although I keep the revs less than 4,000 rpm in such cases.
2. The engine takes a little time to build speed. I feel like cleaning the Air filter once will do the job as the car I test drove had marginally additional power.
For the above two cases, I drove sedately before 2500km mark as to run in the engine. I felt the above two cases when I pushed the engine a bit although
3. How do I check the Wiper fluid levels? As I drive on state highways and dusty environments, Dust settles on windshield quickly I find using my wipers often.
Old 22nd January 2020, 08:37   #2910
BHPian

Quote:
I have done about 3350 kilometres in about 75 days since I bought my car, I have a few queries which I would like to know the feedback since I haven't driven a high displacement petrol engine.
1. Do I have work my gears to 3rd(sometimes) to get power to overtake vehicles on the highway? I mostly drive on two-lane state highways and I find shifting to 3rd gear to overtake. Although I keep the revs less than 4,000 rpm in such cases.
2. The engine takes a little time to build speed. I feel like cleaning the Air filter once will do the job as the car I test drove had marginally additional power.
For the above two cases, I drove sedately before 2500km mark as to run in the engine. I felt the above two cases when I pushed the engine a bit although
3. How do I check the Wiper fluid levels? As I drive on state highways and dusty environments, Dust settles on windshield quickly I find using my wipers often.
Get the ORVMs wrapped at least; would look nice.

Now coming to the point-

1. Now the (petrol) Rapid has a relatively short 4th gear. The 3rd gear carries you to 120 odd kmph and the 5th, obviously more. So you gotta figure out what the situation demands. Most of the time, 4th does the job just fine, but when you really need an extra surge in power only then do you shift down to 3rd, otherwise don’t. I’m not sure how challenging it is to drive on SH, because on NH this really isn’t a problem.

Keep in mind that the 5th gear is very tractable, allows you to drop all the way to 50 kmph or lesser and the third is very rev happy. So you may exploit the boundaries here. Play around and see what suits your driving style best.

2. This may be related to point 1, also keeping in mind the fact that you say you didn’t cross 4K RPM.

3. Best use a Jopasu duster or something similar to get rid of the dust from the glass area and that’s usually enough. Even pouring some water first before using the wipers in these situations isn’t a bad idea, but that’s just me.

I guess they should top up the washer fluid during every general ASS visit, but get yourself a bottle of the same from Skoda itself. They’re particular about not using anything else. It’s usually a greenish liquid in a translucent 1.5L bottle. Generally, most cars worldwide hold about 2L of washer fluid. I think it took half the bottle at one gulp when I tried curiously. Don’t pour a lot though, these liquids tend to expand under heat.

One of the wipers in ours is already coming off and it’s squeaking already. Quality seems rubbish, might get frameless ones. As a side note, please inform your car washer about the proper procedure to open the wiper arm (RHS- from cockpit) before cleaning. When the car was still new, we ourselves hadn’t figured out how to open it, thinking it was a lemon. Result? Scratched paint on the bonnet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks