Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Please do share the details as and when you have them
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Yes. let us know too. May be worth it IMHO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Lothar View Post
I believe you are talking about the sump guard. If Yes, Vento's sump guard should fit rapid as well. And, it costs around 6000Rs if i am not wrong . If you get it for a cheaper price, please let us know.
Talked to VW Service Engineer, he showed me the cover and it made of fabric material (similar to fabric floor mat in Rapid). However he could not open the sealed cover and show me.

He mentioned it is not worth putting on, as it does not really help. It can save you from pebbles, but not water/slush as its made of fabric material.

Cost: 7500/- (excluding Tax)

Attaching pic. Sorry, he could not remove the cover.

Finally got 2nd Service done for my car. There was no issues with car as such.. so, no complains. Felt little smoother ride quality.
Surprising bill is low
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-wp_20130903_002.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-wp_20130903_003.jpg  

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-scanned-file001.jpg  

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 3rd September 2013 at 20:18.
Old 4th September 2013, 00:02   #1172
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Talked to VW Service Engineer, he showed me the cover and it made of fabric material (similar to fabric floor mat in Rapid). However he could not open the sealed cover and show me.

He mentioned it is not worth putting on, as it does not really help. It can save you from pebbles, but not water/slush as its made of fabric material.

Cost: 7500/- (excluding Tax)

Attaching pic. Sorry, he could not remove the cover.
This is confusing. I distinctly remember that the under body protection that i saw was of metal. In fact, when my car was being washed, a guy got this shield from polo/vento for washing (that's when it had struck me about this thing) and I heard the metallic sounds from this plate.

Moreover, it hardly makes any sense to use fabric like material as protection. That would be ridiculous actually. Let me check with the VW dealer in my town and I will get the part number.
Old 4th September 2013, 08:30   #1173
BHPian

Quote:

This is confusing. I distinctly remember that the under body protection that i saw was of metal. In fact, when my car was being washed, a guy got this shield from polo/vento for washing (that's when it had struck me about this thing) and I heard the metallic sounds from this plate.

Moreover, it hardly makes any sense to use fabric like material as protection. That would be ridiculous actually. Let me check with the VW dealer in my town and I will get the part number.
Yes, that would be good. Then we can try to get them for all interested people.

Looking at the size, I was confused and kept asking him repeatedly whether this is engine under cover.
Old 4th September 2013, 08:47   #1174
BHPian

Quote:

Looking at the size, I was confused and kept asking him repeatedly whether this is engine under cover.
It looks more like the engine cover than the engine under cover.
Old 4th September 2013, 10:41   #1175
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, the under-body cover is a fabric one, at least for the Vento. I know this because it once came off. I had taken my car on a rough country road and the under-body cover was pulled open when I went over a mound. It was hanging down until I heard the sound and got it fixed back using cable ties, from a local mechanic.

I doubt it will be any different for the Rapid.

Last edited by nileshch : 4th September 2013 at 10:50.
Old 5th September 2013, 11:51   #1176
Senior - BHPian

Have a question:

During PDI we observed a yellow metal paste like coating inside boot (boot-rear bumper area under the boot mat). Sales guy said it will help to identify accident car in case of any repair work done.

I have seen similar coatings in other cars but all of them were neatly done. But this one looked they applied it in a hurry and it looked ugly even though it is a closed area. Can anyone confirm?

We will check other cars in the showroom before taking delivery.

EDIT: Pic attached (taken from Batfreak's review) - area marked (coating is under the tool box)
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-boot.jpg  

Last edited by Latheesh : 5th September 2013 at 12:01.
Old 5th September 2013, 15:23   #1177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
During PDI we observed a yellow metal paste like coating inside boot (boot-rear bumper area under the boot mat). Sales guy said it will help to identify accident car in case of any repair work done.

I have seen similar coatings in other cars but all of them were neatly done. But this one looked they applied it in a hurry and it looked ugly even though it is a closed area. Can anyone confirm?
For a reference, this is how that area on my Vento look like. I've also seen mechanics inspecting used cars, checking for the area where the yellow/white paste is put, especially under the bonnet in the engine bay, for signs of any redo. Open the picture in a new window for having a closer look.

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-img_5812.jpg
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 16:17   #1178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
For a reference, this is how that area on my Vento look like.
Thanks! it looks clean in Vento but in the Rapid we checked it was bit messy.
We will check couple of other cars before taking the delivery. All other things looked OK.
Old 7th September 2013, 17:40   #1179
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
It looks more like the engine cover than the engine under cover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Yes, the under-body cover is a fabric one, at least for the Vento. I know this because it once came off. I had taken my car on a rough country road and the under-body cover was pulled open when I went over a mound. It was hanging down until I heard the sound and got it fixed back using cable ties, from a local mechanic.

I doubt it will be any different for the Rapid.
I got a chance to visit the VW service center today. Checked for the under body protection again. The SA showed me the panel from one of the cars and it wasn't fabric. It was hard plastic/fiber, similar quality that we see in bumpers (may be even harder). I am attaching a pic of the panel below. Its different from the one we see above and has a different part number as well.

The part number is 6RO825902A and the price quoted was Rs. 5500.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-img2013090700217.jpg  

Last edited by torque18 : 7th September 2013 at 17:42.
Old 7th September 2013, 19:10   #1180
BHPian

Quote:
I got a chance to visit the VW service center today. Checked for the under body protection again. The SA showed me the panel from one of the cars and it wasn't fabric. It was hard plastic/fiber, similar quality that we see in bumpers (may be even harder). I am attaching a pic of the panel below. Its different from the one we see above and has a different part number as well.

Thanks! This is certainly different from what I have seen. Also this is less priced. Probably the SA do not know of this or I did not explain him properly :(

If lots of people are interested, I am willing to join in installing one.

Please include me if someone is going for it (especially Bangalore people).
Old 8th September 2013, 21:46   #1181
BHPian

Quote:

This is good news! Attaching a photo of how the fabric under-body cover is. This hard cover certainly wasn't there in the older Ventos, I guess.

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-underbody.jpg
Old 11th September 2013, 01:05   #1182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
This is good news! Attaching a photo of how the fabric under-body cover is. This hard cover certainly wasn't there in the older Ventos, I guess.

Attachment 1135822
Now this is completely different. The other day when i had seen this cover installed on the car (polo), it completely covered the engine from beneath. Nothing was visible with the protection on.

When i had gone again to check the price and have a second look, I was shown the same cover and told that its from a vento. I had no reason not to believe the guy. But seeing the pic, I am now left wondering if the pic i clicked is of the vento cover or that of polo's! Can some more Vento people please confirm as to what kind of cover they have on their case?

And assuming the hard plastic plate is indeed of vento, do
you think its a good option considering the price?
Old 11th September 2013, 08:35   #1183
BHPian

Quote:

Now this is completely different. The other day when i had seen this cover installed on the car (polo), it completely covered the engine from beneath. Nothing was visible with the protection on.

When i had gone again to check the price and have a second look, I was shown the same cover and told that its from a vento. I had no reason not to believe the guy. But seeing the pic, I am now left wondering if the pic i clicked is of the vento cover or that of polo's! Can some more Vento people please confirm as to what kind of cover they have on their case?

And assuming the hard plastic plate is indeed of vento, do
you think its a good option considering the price?
There could be a reason on the cover being removed or installed in latest versions of Vento. Lets post in on Vento thread to get faster response. Not many Vento owners will check this thread.
Old 11th September 2013, 11:37   #1184
Senior - BHPian

That does not look like an OE part. Also it is fixed using a plastic tie band!!
Old 11th September 2013, 12:31   #1185
BHPian

I checked again at KR Puram VW Showroom, they need Vento VIN number for selling any parts.

Any Vento owners can help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks