Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2013, 01:02   #1291
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
I'm getting 1L+ savings on finance, free insurance, free extended warranty and some freebies for MY14 rapid elegance.
Regarding projectors, didn't check them so keenly. Gotta visit the showroom again for submitting documents. Will update about it later.
Hello

Eagerly awaiting a detailed report on the projector headlights. I am sure many of us would be contemplating shifting to projectors in the near future, given the fact that the stock headlights are not good enough for the highways.
Old 22nd December 2013, 07:31   #1292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque18 View Post
Hello

Eagerly awaiting a detailed report on the projector headlights. I am sure many of us would be contemplating shifting to projectors in the near future, given the fact that the stock headlights are not good enough for the highways.
Hello torque18,
I didn't visit the showroom, as the financial advisor himself paid a visit to my home for collecting documents.I'll update the details on projectors by wednesday. Taking one more detailed TD on that day, as my dealer is ready to give umpteen number of TDs. He is like "whenever and wherever you call, we show with our team". Iam very much contended with their etiquette!

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 22nd December 2013 at 07:31. Reason: typos
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2013, 18:06   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Hello torque18,
I didn't visit the showroom, as the financial advisor himself paid a visit to my home for collecting documents.I'll update the details on projectors by wednesday. Taking one more detailed TD on that day, as my dealer is ready to give umpteen number of TDs. He is like "whenever and wherever you call, we show with our team". Iam very much contended with their etiquette!
I am really surprised at this type of dealer gesture. Guess you are really lucky there

Anyway, considering that your dealer is being so nice to you, you can get us some more info regarding the projectors!

Ask him how much does it cost to replace the projectors headlights. That way we will know the approximate cost because right now no dealer is ready to comment on it. I dont know what's wrong with Skoda. All the dealers that i had talked to said that they are not getting these headlights separately so they don't know the cost! Sounds absurd i know, but that's how they are behaving.

Secondly, is it possible to switch from normal halogen headlights to projectors without tampering the wiring?

It would be a great help if you could extract this much info.
Old 22nd December 2013, 18:21   #1294
BHPian

Quote:

I am really surprised at this type of dealer gesture. Guess you are really lucky there
It would be a great help if you could extract this much info.
Yes, I'm considering myself lucky and I'm overwhelmed a bit. Probably the bad experiences I had with Ford made the feeling more cheery about them.
And coming to projectors, I'll get every possible info regarding them and shall update you.

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 22nd December 2013 at 18:26.
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 17:50   #1295
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, I'm considering myself lucky and I'm overwhelmed a bit. Probably the bad experiences I had with Ford made the feeling more cheery about them.
And coming to projectors, I'll get every possible info regarding them and shall update you.
Have you finalised the deal and booked the Car. Do let know the final deal and details of discounts you closed with the dealer.
Old 23rd December 2013, 18:04   #1296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabhishek View Post
Have you finalised the deal and booked the Car. Do let know the final deal and details of discounts you closed with the dealer.
Yes, I have booked it and scheduled the delivery on Friday. Visiting the showroom for another detailed TD and PDI on wednesday and will post the updates then as I am yet to confirm with the dealer regarding freebies.
Old 23rd December 2013, 18:16   #1297
BHPian

Quote:

Yes, I have booked it and scheduled the delivery on Friday. Visiting the showroom for another detailed TD and PDI on wednesday and will post the updates then as I am yet to confirm with the dealer regarding freebies.
Great news. Congratulations for your purchase. Awaiting the details of the deal. Hope you have booked MY14 model.
Old 23rd December 2013, 18:32   #1298
BHPian

Quote:

Great news. Congratulations for your purchase. Awaiting the details of the deal. Hope you have booked MY14 model.
Thank you caabhishek!
Yep, I booked the MY14 Rapid elegance silver colour. Iam making a call to my dealer now. If they have a holiday on x-mas, I shall do the TD and PDI tomorrow itself.
Old 24th December 2013, 20:32   #1299
BHPian

Quote:
Eagerly awaiting a detailed report on the projector headlights.
Quote:
Awaiting the details of the deal.
Guys, visited the showroom today and changed the color to white, as they have only one silver rapid in stock which is Aug manufactured. So, I chose a white one which is from Nov batch. Did a detailed PDI (Team BHP PDI checklist rocks).
Booking details: Skoda Rapid MY14 Elegance, Candy white.
On road price: 11,38,714.
Deals availed: Free insurance worth: 42,000
Free Extended warranty:11,775
Freebies: Sill gaurds, mats and mud flaps. (Still negotiating to add somemore)
Took a TD for 10kms.Felt good and got every bit of it, one could possibly get.
My dealer also deals with Merc in our city, so requested a short TD on A180. And he said "With pleasure sir!"
A180 CDi that I drove today.
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-image.jpg
On the other note, Iam adding the pics of projectors(Sorry for bad quality)
As I said before, they are not bi-xenons, low beam lamp comes with projector and high beam light is a normal bulb with reflector.
Visibility is increased by a fair bit (compared to the older model). One can expect much improvement with a simple bulb upgrade, Iam contemplating Xtreme visions.
Skoda Rapid MY14 Elegance Projector lamp
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-image-1.jpg
Low beam
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-image-2.jpg
High beam(projectors go dim in high beam)
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-image-3.jpg
Regarding the prices for projectors, SA was not sure but said that it must be in a range of 8-10k and upgrading to projectors is possible in previous versions of Rapid,according to him.
Hope this helps!

Last edited by Pferdestarke : 24th December 2013 at 20:33.
Pferdestarke is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 21:54   #1300
BHPian

Great Congratulations again!!! Will be visiting Nagpur dealer tomorrow. I would go for elegance. Let's see how it goes.
caabhishek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 22:10   #1301
BHPian

Quote:
On the other note, Iam adding the pics of projectors(Sorry for bad quality)
As I said before, they are not bi-xenons, low beam lamp comes with projector and high beam light is a normal bulb with reflector.
Visibility is increased by a fair bit (compared to the older model). One can expect much improvement with a simple bulb upgrade, Iam contemplating Xtreme visions.
Skoda Rapid MY14 Elegance Projector lamp
Attachment 1181873
Low beam
Attachment 1181874
High beam(projectors go dim in high beam)
Attachment 1181875
Regarding the prices for projectors, SA was not sure but said that it must be in a range of 8-10k and upgrading to projectors is possible in previous versions of Rapid,according to him.
Hope this helps!
That's great news! I shall follow it up with my dealer.

Thanks a lot
Old 25th December 2013, 00:31   #1302
gps

Hi guys. I recently booked a Rapid middle variant. Need help in choosing alloys and tyres. On a budget.

I am aware that my car will be delivered with 175/70/14, while top end comes with 185/60/15

I intend to upgrade to 15", with maybe a wider section. Numerically, I know 205/55R15 is closest match to stock size. (also, 205/60R14 is closest match to 14"), don't know if a 205 will fit.

Need opinions on possible alloys and tyre options, and recommended dealers. I am based in Bangalore.

Any leads are helpful.

Thanks, and enjoy Christmas...

-Gaurav.
Old 26th December 2013, 10:14   #1303
Senior - BHPian

2014 Skoda Rapid Ultima Edition

Zigwheels is running a story on the 2014 Skoda Rapid Ultima edition (final edition of the Skoda Rapid in the current guise to be replaced in Apr-14 with the latest one based on Euro Rapid IMO), which will be launched in Feb-14. here is the link to their story:

http://www.zigwheels.com/upcoming-la...ebruary/17565/

... and the pics:

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-skodarapidultima24122013m_560x420.jpg

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-skodarapidultima24122013m1_560x420-1.jpg

Distinguishing features are as under:

1. Stickering on the bonnet, sides and on the roof;
2. Ultima badging (though just stickers) over the Rapid name on the boot & on the rear doors;
3. Two tone dashboard with a lighter hue for the dash top in addition to a chequered theme, which will feature on plastics around the aircon vents, as well as on the centre console;
4. Two-tone leather seats;
5. Rear parking sensors with a reversing camera; &
6. Bluetooth telephony and climate control.

The Rapid Ultima will be available with the 1.6-litre diesel engine to begin with and will come with a 5-speed manual gearbox, & will be priced little over Rs.10 Lacs, ex-showroom Delhi.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 26th December 2013 at 10:20.
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2013, 11:38   #1304
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Skoda Rapid Ultima Edition

2014 Rapid with the front similar to the new Octavia is going to put some serious challenge to Vento.
zenren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2013, 20:13   #1305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenren View Post
2014 Rapid with the front similar to the new Octavia is going to put some serious challenge to Vento.
Is the front similar to new octavia? I don't see any changes in the front nor back compared to old model.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks