Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2015, 19:21   #2041
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

IIRC, one of the turbo hoses had come loose, causing the turbo pressure readings to be out of range.

Recently, the issue had cropped up again, but this time around, they changed the air filter and it didn't come back after they cleared the codes.

The same light can indicate a bunch of issues. If you have an OBD 2 reader or a VCDS/VAS scanner, it might show you the exact error code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
Hi, I am facing the exact same issue. Mine is the 1.5 DSG variant and just completed 2000 Kms. The flash came on yesterday evening while driving back from work. Switched off the engine once I got home and the flashing light was gone after a restart. Went for a good 58 kms drive and it did not flash again. Today again while driving to a friend's place, noticed the flash light after 35 odd kms and there was a drop in engine performance. The engine felt sluggish and as if the turbo was not working. However a restart solved the issue again. While returning home the flashing light appeared again after 30 odd kms and similar drop in engine performance. A restart again resolved the issue and light was also gone.

After reaching home opened the hood and nothing was evident except a lose plastic cover of a group of wires. I am now keeping my fingers crossed. What was the final outcome of your friend's case?
Old 7th February 2015, 19:26   #2042
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
IIRC, one of the turbo hoses had come loose, causing the turbo pressure readings to be out of range.

Recently, the issue had cropped up again, but this time around, they changed the air filter and it didn't come back after they cleared the codes.

The same light can indicate a bunch of issues. If you have an OBD 2 reader or a VCDS/VAS scanner, it might show you the exact error code.
Does not seem to be too serious then. Any recommendations for a OBD Scanner which can connect to Android? However, I still have an issue because the vehicle is back to normal after restart.
Old 7th February 2015, 19:36   #2043
Team-BHP Support

Guys, please browse back a few pages. Someone did report this issue of a loose turbo hose with an image of it that caused this warning light.
Old 8th February 2015, 11:06   #2044
BANNED

Okay, so visited Jai Auto Mathura road and after scanning they have reported that warning was due to low fuel. Surprising since after the first refill the fuel has never gone below half tank. The service advisor claimed that once the error is registered in the memory the warning may come up sporadically. I insisted on getting an error log but as per SA it gets rewritten and could have been arranged had I informed earlier. They have reset the warning as of now. Will keep you posted on how the vehicle behaves. Complete feedback on the service station coming soon!
Old 8th February 2015, 20:30   #2045

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I have the OEM unit from my 2013 Vento tsi.
Does the Rapid use the same unit? I assume the vento model is the RCD 320. Did not attempt selling it since I assumed no one would want it. Can consider selling if it works and you are interested. It was replaced with the Philadelphia 835 on day one. So pretty much brand new.
Hi Rajeev,
I would be interested in taking up your offer. Do let me know how I can contact you. Can't PM as yet.

Regards,
Shyam.
Old 10th February 2015, 08:18   #2046
BHPian

Here is the update on breather hose replacement (refer post #2000 for details):
During my visit to Skoda ASS on January 19th, I reported a leakage from the hose. Here is the leakage hose in engine bay
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-leakage.jpg

As usual they do not have stock to replace and placed the order for new hose. They said it will take minimum 10 working days to get the part.
I got a call & email from Skoda ASS on 30th January saying the part is arrived and visited them on 4th Feb. They replaced the part and till date vehicle is running fine.

Replaced part
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-replaced_hose.jpg

Bill
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-new_bill.jpg

Part cost is ~1,800/- and labour charge is ~400/-
As usual part is too costly and I can’t understand why operator took 34 minutes to replace this simple hose. Which supposed to be a straight forward job, as no other part comes in it's way
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 09:14   #2047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Here is the update on breather hose replacement (refer post #2000 for details):
During my visit to Skoda ASS on January 19th, I reported a leakage from the hose. Here is the leakage hose in engine bay
Attachment 1338442

As usual they do not have stock to replace and placed the order for new hose. They said it will take minimum 10 working days to get the part.
I got a call & email from Skoda ASS on 30th January saying the part is arrived and visited them on 4th Feb. They replaced the part and till date vehicle is running fine.

Replaced part
Attachment 1338443

Bill
Attachment 1338450

Part cost is ~1,800/- and labour charge is ~400/-
As usual part is too costly and I can’t understand why operator took 34 minutes to replace this simple hose. Which supposed to be a straight forward job, as no other part comes in it's way
Good to hear this.

I thought all the spare parts for the Rapid is manufactured in India itself so the cost of the spares should be relatively cheaper when compared to the its elder siblings like Octavia and so on.

From where did the part arrive, was it from India itself?

Is it difficult to find such a spare part out in the market?. Because Rs. 2200 for this job seems to be on the higher side.
Old 10th February 2015, 11:12   #2048
Team-BHP Support

Skoda India is offering the Rapid sedan with two schemes, which will be valid till February 28, 2015.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Old 10th February 2015, 20:38   #2049
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
I also echo your feelings when it comes to unusual time being taken by Skoda ASS. During my visit on Sunday, it took them 2 hours to complete the OBD scan, washing and cleaning. I could reach my movie show only by interval due to this!
Old 14th February 2015, 09:42   #2050
BHPian

It is 20 days since I took delivery of my Rapid 1.5 TDI Ambition plus. I did not drive much around the city. But recently completed a good amount of highway run from Bangalore to Ooty and back. Mixed driving in almost all types of roads.

Initial impression of the the driving experience:

1. The car felt very lethargic on the hills. It looked like there is very less power. It was struggling hard to pull. We were just three people in the car with reasonable luggage.

2. The accelerator pedal was very hard. I do not know whether this is common with all the Rapids or there is some problem with my car. Need to get this checked. I do not remember noticing this issue in the short test drive experience. May be I did not observe this in the test drive car!!. Also I felt there is poor ergonomics in terms of placement of all the pedals plus the foot well was congested for me.

3. The head light throw was very minimal and I felt an upgrade is must. Will get it done soon.

4. AC was superb. The cabin chills very quickly. However the blower noise was high at fan level 2 itself.

5. Braking efficiency was good.

6.Somehow I was not comfortable with the seating position through out. Still I am yet to find a perfect seating position for me. I am 6 feet well built person.

7. Handling around the corners were all good may be because of my decision to upgrade to Michelin P3ST I guess.

Overall I am not very impressed with the driving experience. May be it is too early to comment because my car has hardly clocked 1000 kms. I hope things will improve after the initial run in period. But the accelerator pedal hardness is something which is irritating me a lot. Can other Rapid owners comment on the same.
Old 14th February 2015, 10:23   #2051
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamomfs View Post
Hi Rajeev,
I would be interested in taking up your offer. Do let me know how I can contact you. Can't PM as yet.

Regards,
Shyam.
Hi, have one RCD for sale as well. Can't PM you, so I am a bit confused as to how to get in touch. Its on the team bhp classifieds.
Old 15th February 2015, 12:47   #2052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post

Initial impression of the the driving experience:

1. The car felt very lethargic on the hills. It looked like there is very less power. It was struggling hard to pull. We were just three people in the car with reasonable luggage.

2. The accelerator pedal was very hard. I do not know whether this is common with all the Rapids or there is some problem with my car. Need to get this checked.
Just quoting my own post. Experts and Rapid Owner's, I would be happy to hear from you all on this. I will be visiting the Skoda A.S.S on Mon/Tue to check this.
Old 15th February 2015, 16:21   #2053
BANNED

Quote:
Just quoting my own post. Experts and Rapid Owner's, I would be happy to hear from you all on this. I will be visiting the Skoda A.S.S on Mon/Tue to check this.
What variant are you driving? Does the sluggish nature come into play only on Hills or otherwise as well?
Old 15th February 2015, 16:55   #2054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhjain View Post
What variant are you driving? Does the sluggish nature come into play only on Hills or otherwise as well?
My car is 1.5 manual transmission ambition plus. The lag was high on the hills compared to the normal highway driving. However i did feel the lag more when i was over taking in the highways as well.
Old 15th February 2015, 17:00   #2055
BHPian

Quote:
The car felt very lethargic on the hills. It looked like there is very less power. It was struggling hard to pull. We were just three people in the car with reasonable luggage.
Mine is a 1.6L TDI and I never felt such torpidity with my machine so far, even on awful acclivities. I have been driving my Rapid for more than 1 year and I'm thoroughly pleased with it's performance!

Quote:
The accelerator pedal was very hard. I do not know whether this is common with all the Rapids or there is some problem with my car. Need to get this checked. I do not remember noticing this issue in the short test drive experience. May be I did not observe this in the test drive car!!. Also I felt there is poor ergonomics in terms of placement of all the pedals plus the foot well was congested for me.
I couldn't discern this either! Either I'm inured to this issue or it ain't hard at all in my machine. But IIRC it ain't hard right from the beginning in my car.

Quote:
The head light throw was very minimal and I felt an upgrade is must. Will get it done soon.
This issue has been addressed with the new headlight assembly (equipped with projector lamps) but sadly this upgrade has been given only to the elegance variant.

Quote:
AC was superb. The cabin chills very quickly. However the blower noise was high at fan level 2 itself.
Regarding blower noise I second you, it gets noisy as hell at times.
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks