Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2014, 01:03   #1936
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas27587 View Post
If you go through the forums ,
It says that even alloys are causing shuddering.
I myself am facing this and it happens only when I brake at 100 and the shuddering occurs until 80.
My Car is shuddering heavily when I accelerate to 100km/hr . Any idea what needs to be done ?
Old 30th December 2014, 10:01   #1937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakshman1067 View Post

My Car is shuddering heavily when I accelerate to 100km/hr . Any idea what needs to be done ?
Hey lakshman1067 I'd like to presume that you mean the steering wheel shudders/vibrates when you hit high speeds. I am not expert, but I can suggest you the following from my experience:

- Get the Balancing & Alignment checked (sorted). Often a prime cause for the above mentioned issue.

- If your car new, first get the Air pressure checked. Generally, the dealers would have inflated the tires to very high pressure.

P.S - I feel you may have already followed the above steps and if you still think its a more serious issue, I think its always safe to contact the Skoda After Sales, before the problem worsens.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 20:21   #1938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey lakshman1067 I'd like to presume that you mean the steering wheel shudders/vibrates when you hit high speeds. I am not expert, but I can suggest you the following from my experience:

- Get the Balancing & Alignment checked (sorted). Often a prime cause for the above mentioned issue.

- If your car new, first get the Air pressure checked. Generally, the dealers would have inflated the tires to very high pressure.

P.S - I feel you may have already followed the above steps and if you still think its a more serious issue, I think its always safe to contact the Skoda After Sales, before the problem worsens.

Couldn't say if it was just the steering wheel cause it felt like the entire front of the car was shuddering.I checked with the tyre pressure and yet to check with the Balancing & Alignment. Came across the discs/ Brakes could also be a possible issue while going through this forum and had a look at my car. If I am not imagining, it was RUSTY . I definitely have to take it to the service station and get it checked.
Old 2nd January 2015, 00:43   #1939
BHPian

Hi

Anybody got OEM door sill on their car? I was wondering if the ones available on superskoda.com are same as the ones being sold here.
Old 2nd January 2015, 15:59   #1940
BHPian

Hello

As many of you would be knowing, Rapid and Vento have some injector failure issue which is well documented in their workshop bulletin as well and which is a subject matter of discussion in one of the separate threads.

I have also been at the receiving end of this KNOWN problem in Vento and Rapid. However, as anybody would have guessed, VAG's response to the issue has been nothing less than a sham!

I took this up with Skoda recently seeking an explanation as to why till date there hasn't been any recall even though injector failure has become SO COMMON in the two cars. Injector failure I think can be a one off issue but when it becomes a regular affair in a particular make of cars and the problem is acknowledged to be existing by even providing a cut off date in the bulletin note then I fail to understand why VW and Skoda have decided to wait for the customer to first get stranded somewhere in the middle of nowhere and then look into the issue!

In fact, I would like to share my correspondence with Skoda which I think is nothing short of a laughter therapy. I am posting it on the Rapid thread also and I URGE the Moderators and other well connected people to take up this issue with the management and highlight this problem. Also the prospective buyers of these two brands must be made aware of the callous attitude they may be expected to deal with in the near future.

Find below my e-mail conversation:

Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2014 1:02 AM
To: Rao, Sudhir (Skoda Auto India); Skoda SKS service; SKIN R: Aurangabad, Skoda India Customer Care
Subject: Re: sks.service@skoda-auto.cz, customercare@skoda-auto.co.in

Kind attention Mr. Sudhir Rao

Dear sir,

Kindly have reference to the trailing mail of 1st November, 2014 wherein I had raised the issue of faulty fuel injectors in Skoda Rapid.
For your reference, I am quoting the mail sent to you below:

"Dear sir,
I am a proud owner of a Skoda vehicle. My car, Skoda Rapid bearing VIN no. --------------- and Reg no. -------------, has been a source of immense pleasure and has given me satisfaction at all levels.

However, with a heavy heart, I also wish to state that the car hasn't been problem free and has had its share of problems which have been promptly attended to at the service center. I, in fact, appreciate the efforts and steps being taken by your team to correct the image of your after sales service which had brought lot of flak to your company in the initial years of Skoda's operation in India.

Last year on my way to New Delhi from Allahabad, one of the injectors of my car had given way and I had to take the car at snail's pace to the nearest service center which was at Kanpur. The injector was not in stock and was made available after around two weeks time. No problem there. The job was carried out under warranty and not a single rupee was charged. Extremely satisfied with the work.

Now what came as a surprise was a service advisory note issued by VAG acknowledging the fact that the injectors manufactured before June 2012 might have a problem and in such a situation the "faulty"injector alone may be replaced. I have attached a copy of the advisory which is a topic of discussion on a popular automotive forum (team-bhp.com).

What has now got me worried is the fact that is the happy Skoda customer supposed to wait for the injectors to first fail, get the vehicle and the owner stranded somewhere in between, get the car towed, leave the car at the service center for half a month to have a problem attended to which has been acknowledged by the Company to be existing in a certain batch of cars. Most of the time I am travelling alone for quite long distances and it would be nothing less than a nightmare to be taken by surprise by this known issue.

We frequently hear cases of car recall by other manufacturers. Honda had recalls, Toyota had car recalls, Chevrolet had recalls, even Tata and Maruti have had their share of recalls. But for Skoda, is acknowledging a problem in a otherwise fantastic car such a big issue that it has to be done at the cost of inconvenience to the customers? Whatever may be the logic behind this, it isn't in line with the other efforts being made to ensure customer satisfaction.

In fact, I came across the following post by one of the members on the forum which is with respect of this very problem. The car in question is a VW Vento which essentially is the same car under the skin. This car has had all the four injectors replaced within a span of four months.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-done-14.html (Dark Knight has arrived! VW Vento TDi Highline. EDIT: 3rd Service Done)

Lastly, I know that in all probability this mail is just going to end up in the trash folder maybe but IF at all there is someone out there listening to us then please, it is a sincere request that I am making on behalf of all Skoda owners, take corrective measures and have the faulty injectors replaced to give us peace of mind and the sense of reliability which has long been your trademark.

Kind regards,

-----------------

-----------------

However, in spite having waited for a response on the issue for more than a month, not even the Skoda's customary acknowledgement mail was received! I really doubt sir if the the issue is so embarrassing to Skoda that it has literally chosen to ignore the grievances and rather continue with a superficial approach to taking correct steps towards improving its image in the eyes of its customers.

Even though it was fool hardy to have expected anything ETERNALLY satisfactory from Skoda but I still had my hopes pinned on the new MD who made headlines for accepting the shortcomings in the after sales service department of the European company.

-----------------

-----------------

-----------------

I receive the following reply from the REGIONAL MANAGER:

On 17-Dec-2014 6:25 pm, "Shukla, Sanjay (Skoda Auto India)" <sanjay.shukla@skoda-auto.co.in> wrote:
Dear Mr. --------,

Greetings from Skoda Auto India !!

This is subsequent to your mail addressed to our management regarding concern in the vehicle bearing registration number UP 70BV-3585 .

In the lieu we would like to inform you that we will follow our Technical Bulletin which you have got from the Team Bhp link and as per the bulletin only defective injectors need to be replaced. I am also attaching below the screen shot of Team Bhp in which it was clearly mention that not all car have these issues and in some cases just a software updation required. Replacement of injectors, as recommended in one of the advisories, would be necessary only in cases where the problem is severe.

Assuring you the best services. Feel free to call undersigned.

Regards,

Sanjay Shukla
Area Manager-After Sales

ŠKODA AUTO INDIA, Pvt. Ltd | 5th Floor, Orchid Business Park | Sohna Road
Gurgaon 122 002 | Haryana | India
Tel: +91 85888 94174
sanjay.shukla@skoda-auto.co.in

I reply to this in following terms:

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 6:41 PM,----------------- wrote:
Dear Mr. Shukla,

Pursuant to our conversation, I wish to reiterate at the cost of repetition that the advisory note is very specific in so far as it states that the injectors before June 2012 are FAULTY. My car having already been at the receiving end of this faulty component, i have every reason to believe that sooner or later the other three injectors are going to strand me somewhere in the middle of nowhere!

I may also clarify at this juncture that the upgradation through VAG-COM can only regulate and control the injectors but WILL NOT REVIVE A FAILED INJECTOR!

It is really surprising to get this response from your office after being kept waiting for 10 days. It is totally taking the customers for a ride I must say!

I would really appreciate if you could at the least get me in touch with some higher official at Skoda Auto.

Regards
--------------
--------------
--------------

Not receiving any response, I again wrote to them:

Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2014 1:22 AM
To: Shukla, Sanjay (Skoda Auto India); SKIN R: Aurangabad, Skoda India Customer Care; Rao, Sudhir (Skoda Auto India); Skoda SKS service
Subject: Re: FW: Acknowledgement Mail ---------------------

Sir,

It is very unfortunate that my repeated e-mails have failed to evoke any responsible response from your side.

You certainly did not have any answer to my queries and hence the callous attitude I suppose.

In fact, through your actions and by choosing to sleep over the matter, you have only given credence to my well-founded apprehensions.

I am sure our conversation would be an interesting read for the prospective buyers and other active members in the automotive community.

---------------
---------------

And then I receive this! Audacious!

Sudhir, Srinivas (Skoda Auto India) <srinivas.sudhir@skoda-auto.co.in>
12/30/14 (3 days ago)

to me, Abhijeet, Sanjay, SKIN

Dear Mr. ----------,

Greetings from Skoda Auto India !!

With reference to our appended reply sent by Mr. Sanjay Shukla (Area Manager – Aftersales) dated: 17th Dec’14.

We understand that our representative is in constant touch with you, further to reinstate your concern regarding replacement of Injectors, we wish to intimate you that as your vehicle has been diagnosed under the guidance of Skoda Auto technical team when reported for the unfortunate incidence in the past . The necessary rectification job work has been carried out as per the Skoda technical team guidelines using special tools, hence requisite injector was replaced then.

The vehicle has been tested and the concern in the vehicle has been resolved effectively.

As per your expectation of getting other three injectors to be replaced, cannot be done as of now since your vehicle performance is as per technical specifications and vehicle is observed to be absolutely in road worthy condition.

Hereby, please do not keep any apprehensions in your mind regarding the vehicle performance. Also, to inform you we have Skoda Approved Road Side assistance programme, which will support you round the clock anywhere in India (for further information about the same, please get in touch with your nearest Skoda Authorized dealer).

We trust your understanding on the same and assuring our best services at all times.

Best Regards

Srinivas Sudhir l After Sales
ŠKODA AUTO India Pvt. Ltd. C/o Volkswagen Group Sales India Pvt. Ltd.
4th floor, Silver Utopia, Cardinal Gracious Road,
Chakala, Andheri East, Mumbai - 400 099. India.
Board: +91 22 3313 7000, D: +91 22 3313 7138
srinivas.sudhir@skoda-auto.co.in | www.skoda-auto.co.in | www.skoda-auto.com
torque18 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 15:27   #1941
BHPian

Atleast once in a week I tell to myself that my next car (Ritz VDI currently) will be a Rapid/Vento or a pre-owned Laura.

Atleast once in a day i keep on reading new comments from existing owners about the problems they face in their cars. Majority of the times i travel with my family and i cannot even imagine being stranded in the middle of a highway.

I am wondering, should i entirely just stop telling myself i will own a Skoda/VW one day? This is because i love the way their cars drive, the safety equipment.

What i dont need is any fancy equipment, gizmos, light effects and fireworks in the cabin, movable removable flying steering, bla bla, etc. My needs are very basic. What i need the MOST is reliability, which time and again seems to be an abstract word for these 2 companies.

I love driving my ritz, but that is because when i wanted to buy a car, this is what i could afford. With time, now i wish to upgrade to something bigger, more fun to drive, more safe and reliable. I hate Hyundai, I dont know why, but i do. I only want a diesel. I am not rich enough to spend insane amounts on maintenance and repairs, hence need a trouble free car, and yes I need a decent GC and rear leg room for my family (Ford Fiesta going out of the list?). A non maruti/hyundai/tata car. What option am i left with?
Old 6th January 2015, 15:43   #1942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
A non maruti/hyundai/tata car. What option am i left with?
I am assuming that you are looking for a sedan around 10L. If my assumption is correct, you should get answer for your question in the following thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...vs-others.html

You have options like Linea, Sunny, City, Scala, Rapid, Vento uner 10L. If you are looking for a total ownership of less than 4 years (2yr standard + 2 yr extended warranty), you can go for Vento/Rapid with your eyes closed. If you are looking to own beyond extended warranty period, think twice before investing your big 10L on VW cars.

Last edited by hillsnrains : 6th January 2015 at 16:06.
Old 6th January 2015, 15:53   #1943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Atleast once in a week I tell to myself that my next car (Ritz VDI currently) will be a Rapid/Vento or a pre-owned Laura.

need a trouble free car, and yes I need a decent GC and rear leg room for my family (Ford Fiesta going out of the list?). A non maruti/hyundai/tata car. What option am i left with?
Honda City/ Mobilio while not being entirely trouble free, should be ok for you. Service is acceptable (better than VW/Skoda definitely), good rear space, decent GC. Toyota corolla altis D is another option, but would involve a big budget stretch. Duster/ Terrano/ Ecosport also in case you need to get into the MUV segment.

Since you would have experienced Maruti's service, you can consider sticking to them for the next car. Anyone else will seem pale by comparison.

Last edited by hrman : 6th January 2015 at 15:55.
Old 6th January 2015, 17:51   #1944
BHPian

I will be test driving the new fiesta coming weekend. In my opinion its such an amazing looking machine, and my dad owned the classic fiesta, so I know the driving experience of it, classic stuff !
Old 6th January 2015, 18:43   #1945
BHPian

Quote:

Atleast once in a day i keep on reading new comments from existing owners about the problems they face in their cars. Majority of the times i travel with my family and i cannot even imagine being stranded in the middle of a highway.

I am wondering, should i entirely just stop telling myself i will own a Skoda/VW one day? This is because i love the way their cars drive, the safety equipment.

What i dont need is any fancy equipment, gizmos, light effects and fireworks in the cabin, movable removable flying steering, bla bla, etc. My needs are very basic. What i need the MOST is reliability, which time and again seems to be an abstract word for these 2 companies.

I love driving my ritz, but that is because when i wanted to buy a car, this is what i could afford. With time, now i wish to upgrade to something bigger, more fun to drive, more safe and reliable. I hate Hyundai, I dont know why, but i do. I only want a diesel. I am not rich enough to spend insane amounts on maintenance and repairs, hence need a trouble free car, and yes I need a decent GC and rear leg room for my family (Ford Fiesta going out of the list?). A non maruti/hyundai/tata car. What option am i left with?
I second your opinion. I am also not a fan of all this gizmos and equipments. What I want is a car which will excite me when I drive leaving me with a wide grin on my face. That is why I have chosen Rapid. I know that the A.S.S is something which I have to slog around with, but still you see in this segment it is very difficult to satisfy oneself completely with all that we require. Being a Tata car owner I have learn to live with those niggles and poor A.S.S.

Maruti -When I was looking for an upgrade from my existing car, I initially thought of moving back to either Maruti or Hyundai. I have owned cars from both these manufacturers earlier and I was satisfied in terms of A.S.S and least niggles. But it is very unfortunate that Ciaz is a big disappointment to me at least. At this segment and at that kinda price, Maruti plonking in the 1.3MJD is not justifiable. At least this segment requires a decent power motor, at least 1.5 Litre motor. That is why I chose to reject Ciaz and also the built quality was pathetic. A real tin on four wheels.

Hyundai -In terms of Hyundai in this segment Verna is the only bet. I was earlier owning Hyundai i10 and I had to spend out so much on the service every 6 months which made me decide that I will not choose Hyundai cars here after. Also Verna was a pretty old car and honestly speaking I am not a very great fan of the fluidic design. The ride quality and rear seat comfort is a big deal breaker in Verna.

Tata-
Nothing from Tata for me. Zest and things like that are creating a huge hype. I wasn't even bothered to even consider Zest. I know about Tata. So no more Tata Cars. Anyways I was looking at C2 segment cars, so Zest never came in as a contender.

Honda- I had an opportunity to drive Amaze once for a considerable distance. Having driven the 1.5 idtec engine in Amaze, I didn't even think of taking a test drive in the City diesel. The engine noise put me off. Also there was an humming sound filtering into the cabin of amaze which was really annoying to me. May be this could not be in city diesel. Also the price of city diesel was exorbitantly high, which was the major reason why I had not thought of City as an upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
I am assuming that you are looking for a sedan around 10L. If my assumption is correct, you should get answer for your question in the following thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans...vs-others.html

You have options like Linea, Sunny, City, Scala, Rapid, Vento uner 10L. If you are looking for a total ownership of less than 4 years (2yr standard + 2 yr extended warranty), you can go for Vento/Rapid with your eyes closed. If you are looking to own beyond extended warranty period, think twice before investing your big 10L on VW cars.
This is what exactly I have planned for. Four years, the car will be with me. If it is trouble free, I would choose to continue further. As simple as that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Honda City/ Mobilio while not being entirely trouble free, should be ok for you. Service is acceptable (better than VW/Skoda definitely), good rear space, decent GC. Toyota corolla altis D is another option, but would involve a big budget stretch. Duster/ Terrano/ Ecosport also in case you need to get into the MUV segment.

In terms of service of Honda, I don't see anything great. But some may differ with my opinion. In our forum itself we have thread talking about poor service of Honda in Bangalore. So are my friends who struggle to get things done with the Honda A.S.S guys. It may be slightly better than Skoda but not really great.

Had there been any sensible and great choice from Toyota other than the Etios at 10-11L price point with decent looks, I would have opted for it considering its reliability. But unfortunately there is none!!

I was totally put of by seeing the Duster's interiors, very poor ergonomics, You will have to literally search for things out there. Also there is no point in shrinking the cabin inside and having such well built cars like Duster and Ecosport. It becomes difficult in small lanes most of the times.

Last edited by rki2007 : 6th January 2015 at 18:46.
Old 6th January 2015, 19:04   #1946
BHPian

Exactly! The day toyota moves the speedometer of the etios in the center, i will rush for a test drive. Until then, i cannot imagine walking inside. My mind doesn't digest a speedo in the center. And I did test drive a ciaz. I might be wrong here, but i think that the paint quality of Ciaz and Ritz is exactly the same. I just could not feel that extra money spent!

I think we are hijacking this thread! Is there a random car bashing thread? ;-)
Old 6th January 2015, 20:25   #1947
BHPian

Quote:
I will be test driving the new fiesta coming weekend. In my opinion its such an amazing looking machine, and my dad owned the classic fiesta, so I know the driving experience of it, classic stuff !
I too heard that it drives superbly fine on the highways. And the turns and cornering! Famous Fiesta. Recently I happened to sit on the driver seats of Rapid, Vento and the "Aston Martin" Fiesta. I felt that it is Fiesta that gives you the best feeling, the feel if a big car... from the driver's seating position at least. No compromise on equipment and gadgets too. Fantastic dashboard. Let me know once you take test drive. Hope it will be a comprehensive one.

Vipin.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2015, 01:12   #1948
BHPian

Quote:
I need a decent GC and rear leg room for my family (Ford Fiesta going out of the list?). A non maruti/hyundai/tata car. What option am i left with?
My Search for a sedan started way back in 2013 and was in no hurry to buy one. I wasn't particularly looking for a sedan but was looking for a diesel with comfortable driver seat and also has a decent handling, acceleration and mileage. i drove Linea > Verna > Cruze > Vento > Duster > Rapid > XUV 500 in the very same order if I have to say. Each had its strength and drawbacks and I was finally down to Vento and Rapid and was pretty confused between them itself for a while. i drove Vento and Rapid one after the another and finally made up my mind with Rapid just because of its suspension and its handling weighed better than lento's.

Searched and read many forums to see if I could get a positive feedback on Skoda but as everyone knows, the negatives and more than the positives.Also I couldn't find much negative comments on Vento . So I got down on the streets and met many owners on the roads while waiting for the signal and got a decent feedback regarding the service(In Bangalore) and finally made up my mind that I would go for Rapid.

Then came the news that the new Fiesta will be launching in June 2014 and I thought I would give it thought cause I already had a Figo and knew how Ford is in Bangalore. It reminded me of the saying "A known devil is better than an unknown Angel.

The Fiesta was Launched and I was there looking for test drives. The first thing that impressed me as soon as I entered the Titanium variant was its driver seats. Man they were really comfortable for you back.Started the engine I couldn't hear a thing.Drove for atlas 10Kms and Boy oh Boy it goes where you want it too. Loved the drive and was mighty impressed as a driver. The 90ps doesn't make the car feel underpowered at all. The only thing which wasn't working for me was the rear seat.The seats are decent but the leg room wasn't enough for me. Adjusted the driver seat to my comfort (I am 6') and sat back with 2 of my other decent build friends.There wasn't any room. But I just couldn't let it go.

For months I was breaking my head between these Rapid and Fiesta and finally went for the Fiesta digesting the fact that rear space is going to be a problem but ill be happy driving.Things didn't work out very well at 3 different Ford showroom for me in Bangalore mainly because of the colours.I booked in October for Golden Bronze / Black and Paprika Red Titanium variant and none of them were able to get me before 2015 but everyone wanted the Figo immediately as I was looking for an exchange.One fine day I just went all the 3 showrooms and cancelled my booking and while on the way back I gave it a thought of visiting Skoda once to see what they can offer me with the new 1.5TDI and BP.

I got a deal I was happy with and now I am glad that I went with Rapid.I now own Skoda Rapid 1.5 TDI BP. I am bit of the old school,I haven drive 1500kms haven't gone beyond 80 so far but the car wants you to push in every gear you shift. The handling isn't as good as the Fiesta's but it isn't too far behind to it.Instead you get the power which the Fiesta misses.

So thats my story

Drive both the cars one after the another.That will help you decide quickly.

PS : All were just my experience and I just hope I didn't offend anyone.
Old 7th January 2015, 01:18   #1949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post

You were right with air pressure which caused the heavy shuddering with my car. Had taken it to the service station to take a look and quite amazed to see all the 4 wheels were 36psi.Looks like the petrol bunk I filled the air has a faulty machine as I had asked him to fill up with 32Psi.

As far as the Disc's.Looks like It was my imagination.the SA showed other cars which just looked like mine. Mine had bit out shinned cause of the black alloys.
Old 7th January 2015, 08:04   #1950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakshman1067 View Post
all the 4 wheels were 36psi
Quote:
Couldn't say if it was just the steering wheel cause it felt like the entire front of the car was shuddering
Mate, 36 psi can't cause that high shuddering, as you pointed earlier. On long drives I have used 36/34 psi at rear/front tyres. At those pressure values I did not felt those high vibrations (when car is not fully loaded). Have you checked alignment/balancing? Are those shudders gone after reducing the pressure to 30 psi?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks