Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2015, 10:03   #1951
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Are those shudders gone after reducing the pressure to 30 psi?
I drive alone most of the time or it just me and my wife and I did find the difference after the tyre pressure was brought down to 32Psi. While at the garage did a wheel balancing just too make sure and it was all right, Did some test run in the nice roads with the car after the check by racing to 100km/hr and by hitting some sudden brakes etc. Nothing this time. The car was rock solid and behaved very normally.

All the testing was done when the road was empty with no cars behind to be safe.
Old 7th January 2015, 10:28   #1952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakshman1067 View Post
I drive alone most of the time or it just me and my wife and I did find the difference after the tyre pressure was brought down to 32Psi. While at the garage did a wheel balancing just too make sure and it was all right, Did some test run in the nice roads with the car after the check by racing to 100km/hr and by hitting some sudden brakes etc. Nothing this time. The car was rock solid and behaved very normally.

All the testing was done when the road was empty with no cars behind to be safe.
So wrong tyre pressure and misaligned wheels were the culprit right?

I know that you would be having a great sigh of relief now.

Happy motoring
Old 7th January 2015, 17:48   #1953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
So wrong tyre pressure and misaligned wheels were the culprit right?

I know that you would be having a great sigh of relief now.

Happy motoring
Very Much . Will post some pictures soon.
Old 7th January 2015, 23:05   #1954
BHPian

Got the 2nd service done at Tafe Access. Gave it for service yesterday and got it back today. Total cost slightly less than the service cost calculator on the Skoda India website
This is for a petrol AT variant. Posting the bill here for reference.

Name:  Skoda_second_service.PNG
Views: 5901
Size:  418.0 KB
ozzyrules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 10:35   #1955
BHPian

Does any one know if Skoda will be launching the Rapid based on the MQB platform in India any time this year?

They already launched the Yeti last year.
Old 9th January 2015, 11:01   #1956
BHPian

Need your help urgently.

I had bought a Skoda Rapid, Ultima edition TDI 1.6 on 18th April, 2014. The car is being used for commute to office, a daily drive of about 115 kms.

The car worked flawlessly upto the 28th December, 2014.

In the morning of 29th December, 2014, upon starting the car, the glow plug symbol on the dashboard started flashing followed by check engine light (that too started flashing in orange). The check engine light became permanent after about 2 minutes of flashing, and I switched off the car.

Restarted after about 5 minutes and this time the lights, both glow plug and check engine light glowed permanently. I had to ring up Skoda assist no. as given in the manual. They asked me to drive it to Skoda A.S.S. if CEL was glowing in ORANGE and stop if the colour changed to RED.

I did as advised. The car was handed over to the service advisor.

Later during the day, the jolt came, when the service advisor told me that the whole Common Rail System would need to be changed as there was rust in the pipes.

I was made to write a letter to Skoda requesting for a GOODWILL warranty since otherwise warranty could not be given.

I did as advised. The car is lying at the workshop, and I have received a mail, stating that 'AS SPECIAL CASE AND GESTURE OF GOODWILL APPROVAL FROM SAIPL HAS BEEN OBTAINED TO REPLACE THE INJECTORS, RAIL, HP PUMP AND FUEL PUMP."

The mail further stated that the consumables and labour cost would have to be borne by me, approximating Rs. 40,000 plus taxes.

Now, I need advice from you on:

1. Whether at all the fuel system could have gone bad, as diagnosed?
2. how come, as a goodwill measure, warranty can be validated?
3. If warranty is approved, why do I have to bear the cost, since the warranty booklet says that IN CASE OF REGULAR MAINTENANCE consumables and labour would have to be borne by the owner. This is by no means a regular repair.
4. How can a 7 month old car, run about 21000 kms, with diesel only from the best fuel stations filled every time (record available) DEVELOP RUST in the fuel lines?

Pls advise what should I do?
deepfusion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 11:52   #1957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepfusion View Post

I was made to write a letter to Skoda requesting for a GOODWILL warranty since otherwise warranty could not be given.

?
Your car will be in standard warranty, right?, then where does the question of goodwill warranty come?. Do you mean to say that they said the Common rail system is not covered in the warranty?

I don't think you should pay a paisa, no matter what stories they weave.
Old 9th January 2015, 11:54   #1958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Your car will be in standard warranty, right?, then where does the question of goodwill warranty come?. Do you mean to say that they said the Common rail system is not covered in the warranty?

They have told me that the issue has arisen due to adulterated diesel.
Old 9th January 2015, 12:16   #1959
BHPian

Quote:
Need your help urgently.

I had bought a Skoda Rapid, Ultima edition TDI 1.6 on 18th April, 2014. The car is being used for commute to office, a daily drive of about 115 kms.

In the morning of 29th December, 2014, upon starting the car, the glow plug symbol on the dashboard started flashing followed by check engine light (that too started flashing in orange). The check engine light became permanent after about 2 minutes of flashing, and I switched off the car.

Restarted after about 5 minutes and this time the lights, both glow plug and check engine light glowed permanently. I had to ring up Skoda assist no. as given in the manual. They asked me to drive it to Skoda A.S.S. if CEL was glowing in ORANGE and stop if the colour changed to RED.

I did as advised. The car was handed over to the service advisor.

Later during the day, the jolt came, when the service advisor told me that the whole Common Rail System would need to be changed as there was rust in the pipes.

I did as advised. The car is lying at the workshop, and I have received a mail, stating that 'AS SPECIAL CASE AND GESTURE OF GOODWILL APPROVAL FROM SAIPL HAS BEEN OBTAINED TO REPLACE THE INJECTORS, RAIL, HP PUMP AND FUEL PUMP."

The mail further stated that the consumables and labour cost would have to be borne by me, approximating Rs. 40,000 plus taxes.

Now, I need advice from you on:

1. Whether at all the fuel system could have gone bad, as diagnosed?
2. how come, as a goodwill measure, warranty can be validated?
3. If warranty is approved, why do I have to bear the cost, since the warranty booklet says that IN CASE OF REGULAR MAINTENANCE consumables and labour would have to be borne by the owner. This is by no means a regular repair.
4. How can a 7 month old car, run about 21000 kms, with diesel only from the best fuel stations filled every time (record available) DEVELOP RUST in the fuel lines?

You don't have to pay single penny from your pocket. Rust in common rail? I doubt, if Skoda fellows know the exact problem. Ask them to show the VAG scan error message.
Escalate your case with higher ups in Skoda. You can get contacts like emails in this thread and other Skoda car threads. Please search our forum, you will get all the contacts.

Quote:

+1
for a car that is less than a year, how dare Skoda ASS say to bare the cost of consumables without any damage caused by customer to the car. Skoda ASS said adultered fuel is the reason for high idle vibrations but the actual problem was engine mount.

Last edited by hillsnrains : 9th January 2015 at 12:18.
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 12:57   #1960
BHPian

Just now received the list of parts that need replacement:

INJECTORS QTY=4= 21208*4= 84832

RAIL= 35894

H.P PUMP=88340

FUEL PUMP=5837

THESE ABOVE PART ARE FOC AS SKODA IS GIVING YOU ONE TIME SUPPORT TO YOU

ALL FUEL PIPES I;e 6 in qty are of RS 21900 AND THE LABOUR FOR DOING THESE

FOLLWING JOB IS 15000 AND CONSUMABLES OF 5000 RS

Last edited by deepfusion : 9th January 2015 at 13:21.
Old 9th January 2015, 16:41   #1961
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Need your help urgently.

Restarted after about 5 minutes and this time the lights, both glow plug and check engine light glowed permanently.

The glow plug symbol can come ON even for small reasons, there is a limit of kilometers you drive after you get this symbol and then the CEL appears, nothing to panic if your vehicle is not stalling or running without any jerks. If you have a OBD-2 scanner and a smart phone you can check for yourself what is the error code, you refer to the www.briskoda.net for all kinds of problems and solutions. Keep calm and try to get the error code.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 16:50   #1962
BHPian

Quote:
They have told me that the issue has arisen due to adulterated diesel.
Adulterated fuel is their standard reason for pretty much everything. have the given you in writing saying that the problem is due to rusting in the fuel line or was it just verbal?.What i don't understand is how can adulterated fuel lead to fuel line rusting. If there is water in the fuel isn't there an indicator for water in diesel, had that come on ever?
Maybe the experts can comment
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 17:26   #1963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
The glow plug symbol can come ON even for small reasons, there is a limit of kilometers you drive after you get this symbol and then the CEL appears, nothing to panic if your vehicle is not stalling or running without any jerks. If you have a OBD-2 scanner and a smart phone you can check for yourself what is the error code, you refer to the www.briskoda.net for all kinds of problems and solutions. Keep calm and try to get the error code.
In my case, the glow plug symbol was followed in quick succession by CEL.

Quote:
Adulterated fuel is their standard reason for pretty much everything. have the given you in writing saying that the problem is due to rusting in the fuel line or was it just verbal?.What i don't understand is how can adulterated fuel lead to fuel line rusting. If there is water in the fuel isn't there an indicator for water in diesel, had that come on ever?
Maybe the experts can comment
They have not given this in writing. Neither are they giving the error codes.
Old 9th January 2015, 17:43   #1964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In my case, the glow plug symbol was followed in quick succession by CEL.

They have not given this in writing. Neither are they giving the error codes.
If you can DIY, check the air filter first. The glow plug indicator flashes because of following 3 reasons mainly,
  1. Cold start condition
  2. Fault with fuel injection
  3. Clogged or improperly fitted air filter

I have suffered similar problem 3 months back and rectified it myself by analysing the error code, so start from 3 which is the basic cause. Quality of parts of Skoda and VW are of high standards and sure there cannot be rusting of fuel line. Just compare their air filter itself to any of Maruti or Hyundai, its absolutely top class and economical too.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2015, 10:38   #1965
BHPian

Is anyone using the Skoda App ? The recent feature in it is if you pair your car using your VIN(Needs something called gateway in your car and needs to be installed in the service station) the following can be done.

1)You will receive detail information about your car model,the mobility guarantee or insurance.

2)The onboard literature and other manuals are identified exactly for your car model.

3)You'll get notified in case of any error detected in your car.You can then read the instructions how to solve the problem.

4)You'll receive information when you change motor oil and when you should go to service control.

These are the ones can be done using IOS. Has anyone tried it yet ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks