Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2015, 13:04   #2101
BHPian

Re: Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

Update after the free 'software upgrade' done voluntarily by Skoda. Not sure what the upgrade did but he car is very responsive. Had a grin on my face driving it to work this morning. Definitely peppier and more pleasurable than before.

Mine is a DSG and did about 1500 kms so far. The gear shifts are much more seamless now and a slightly heavier foot makes the car fly now.

Hope it is not a placebo effect
patron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 11:20   #2102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patron View Post
Update after the free 'software upgrade' done voluntarily by Skoda. Not sure what the upgrade did but he car is very responsive. Had a grin on my face driving it to work this morning. Definitely peppier and more pleasurable than before.

Mine is a DSG and did about 1500 kms so far. The gear shifts are much more seamless now and a slightly heavier foot makes the car fly now.

Hope it is not a placebo effect
Is this update only for the DSG variant?

In between I own a Jan 2015 MT Ambition plus with 3k kms on the odo. I haven't got any call from the service team.
Old 5th May 2015, 11:47   #2103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Is this update only for the DSG variant?

In between I own a Jan 2015 MT Ambition plus with 3k kms on the odo. I haven't got any call from the service team.
Not sure. Please call Vinayak Cars on 080 67833333 and check. This is the number from where I go the call.
Old 5th May 2015, 14:40   #2104
Senior - BHPian

Carrying my query from the 'VW Vento facelift spied sans camouflage in India' thread, is there a silent upgrade that Skoda is planning/working on, for the Rapid?

Member Gannu_1 caught this first (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3699510 and I'm re-sharing the pics here. Will be interesting to know what changes are planned, if someone is in the know..

Pic One - Skoda grill remains the same
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-1.jpg

Pic Two - Turn indicators on ORVM??
Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review-3.jpg

Photo source: T-BHP thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...age-india.html

Original: www.motorbeam.com
k_ajay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 19:22   #2105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
Pic Two - Turn indicators on ORVM??
Good catch!! Looks like the indicator has moved to the ORVMs, because the tiny indicator light on the flank below the A pillar is missing. One can assume this because the light is visible on the Vento.

Either that or it isn't visible because of the colour/blur, and that's just a reflection on the mirror housing
Old 10th May 2015, 16:21   #2106
Senior - BHPian

My 3 year old Rapid TDi was due for service March this year. I have delayed it due to work reasons and also due to the fact that I have covered less than 7k in the last one year. Anyway, I was scheduled to go in for the service this week. I had some questions though. Have any of you switched to the all black alloys? Mine is a Ambition variant and I'm thinking of switching to these all black alloys. Any idea about the cost?

Secondly, have anyone of you changed the logo to the new one? I kind of liked the new logo and when I enquires about it last time around I was told that even the chrome grill on the front bonnet needs to change along with the logo.
Old 11th May 2015, 14:28   #2107
BANNED

Re: ARTICLE: How to Run-In your new car

My friend bought a Skoda Rapid Diesel 6 months back. Now it went for 6m chk up. Service center says
1. car has low Engine oil (1L) & needs topping up. Rs 1000+
2. Car break shoes have deposits due to car washing & needs cleaning. Rs 1000
3. Car wheels need balancing Rs 1000+
Car has done abt 2000 kms. It is driven on Good roads (Kharghar to Mahape) & no rough rides.
Is above claims of service center justified or do we have a Mfg defect ?
Pl advice
Old 11th May 2015, 15:15   #2108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by asheet View Post
My friend bought a Skoda Rapid Diesel 6 months back. Now it went for 6m chk up. Service center says
Car has done abt 2000 kms. It is driven on Good roads (Kharghar to Mahape) & no rough rides.
Pl advice
1- Can happen these cars do drink oil initially, 1 Liter might be rounding off as estimate.

2- 2000 kms is little early for brake cleaning.

3- Unless there is a vibration not at all needed at 2000 kms.

This seems like service center trying to make an easy buck.
Jaggu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 15:27   #2109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asheet View Post
Pl advice
Skoda/VW engines are known to consume oil for the first few thousand kms. Hence, be sure to top up oil. In fact, one should not wait for the service interval to top up engine oil. Please get it done ASAP. If the car uses synth. oil, then the cost is justified.

About the brake shoes, a 6 month old car does not need any cleaning of this sort. Avoid. It's a sham.

Did your friend complain of any shuddering or vibrations in the drive? If not for these symptoms, it is difficult to tell if the car needs wheel balancing. Anyway, in my experience, wheel alignment and balancing are done best at the specialized alignment shops, not the ASC. I would suggest to avoid that.

Regards.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 17:22   #2110
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Skoda/VW engines are known to consume oil for the first few thousand kms. Hence, be sure to top up oil. In fact, one should not wait for the service interval to top up engine oil. Please get it done ASAP. If the car uses synth. oil, then the cost is justified.

About the brake shoes, a 6 month old car does not need any cleaning of this sort. Avoid. It's a sham.

Did your friend complain of any shuddering or vibrations in the drive? If not for these symptoms, it is difficult to tell if the car needs wheel balancing. Anyway, in my experience, wheel alignment and balancing are done best at the specialized alignment shops, not the ASC. I would suggest to avoid that.

Regards.
Thanks for quick revert. I drive Xcent VTVT and had no such issues even after 1 Yr & 9000 Kms. So I was suspecting that whole Skoda ASC revert is a sham. Mine had no oil level issues even now.
Will update my friend on Skoda's thirsty nature
Old 14th May 2015, 15:09   #2111
Senior - BHPian

My Rapid 1.6 TDI returned paid second service at 30k km, I rate Vinayak Skoda (Okalipuram) high for being prompt in service booking and arranging pickup service, but look below what SA does, I asked service advisor to check AC blower

Total cost for spares INR 7238.68,
Paid service cost INR 1160
AC disinfection INR 600
Pickup charges INR 400
Total expenses INR 9858 (inclusive of taxes)

The price of Engine oil has come down by INR 30. Overall I am happy with the work done.

Last edited by deehunk : 14th May 2015 at 15:15. Reason: typo
Old 24th May 2015, 10:46   #2112
BHPian

Hi Petrolheads,

What mileage figures are you all getting? I am getting a FE of about 10km/l with AC on, all the time. Driving includes a mix of City and Highway runs. Is this normal? Any suggestions to improve the figures?
P.S I am talking about the 1.6L MPI Engine.
Old 24th May 2015, 10:58   #2113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
talking about the 1.6L MPI Engine.

In city I'm getting 10 with ac, fresh breeze 12-14. Highway is giving me 16-17 with ac.
KevinP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2015, 13:59   #2114
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Rapid : Test Drive & Review

I recently serviced my Rapid TDI at Vinayak skoda Bangalore and was in for a minor shock when I saw the bill. I was charged 15k for the 3rd year service. The general service cost has gone up from Rs.900 to rs. 1500. I also made a mistake of asking them to do wheel alignment and balancing and interior cleaning( which they did a very shoddy job). And there was another charge called as service plus for Rs.500, which can I did not see in my previous bill last year. I will scan the bill and upload later, but can anyone of you confirm these increased costs?
Old 24th May 2015, 22:36   #2115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
Hi Petrolheads,

What mileage figures are you all getting? I am getting a FE of about 10km/l with AC on, all the time. Driving includes a mix of City and Highway runs. Is this normal? Any suggestions to improve the figures?
P.S I am talking about the 1.6L MPI Engine.
My suggestion is, you have got a good solidly built European petrol car. Please don't care much about mileage figures. 10kmpl in city traffic with AC on is not bad, to improve, just try braking a little less and maintaining a healthy gap from the car in front of you.
itsashishsharma is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks